Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was looking on Amazon to see if they were going to have a guide for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but they had a Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed instead at $17 off the list price!

It's listed as having 400 pages, so it's probably the same thing as the Valkyria: Development Artworks (Japanese) book except a lot cheaper and in English.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1926778162/

Publisher: Udon Entertainment (January 15, 2011)

Udon is the same company that released all of those Capcom artbooks and I have a few of them and they're really cool.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)[/QUOTE]

Edit: New Lower Price: $31.49! :bouncy:

Barnes and Nobel: $33.74
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781926778167/?itm=3&USRI=valkyria+chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, got my cancellation notice this morning too. Bummer. That was a great price. This is the first time that I can recall ever having a pre-order cancelled by Amazon.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Whining about condition of artbook received[/QUOTE]
You've probably heard this before, but buying from an online retailer is accepting the fact that getting a item in good condition is a crapshoot. If you wanted to be 100% sure of the condition before purchasing, that's what MSRP at B&M bookstores are for.

This is complete bull shit. I've had this thing pre-ordered for over a year. There's no way I'm going to be able to find it cheaper than the pre-order price I had locked in months ago. fuck.

FYI, for those more interested in the artwork rather than the text, I can still get both the first and second art books fulfilled from Japan although the price will obviously be higher.

In case you have adblock or don't display sigs: dv8CAG.com

EDIT: Oh, and not sure if there is any interest, but if there is enough, a group buy could bring the price down a bit more if I shipped to a central location or two.

Nice plug =P

I think most people would want to wait to see what happened. If it's for sure not coming out here, a lot of people might take you up on your offer!

My order is still good, I just checked the status, the delivery estimate is June 20, 2011 - June 24, 2011. I didn't get a cancellation e-mail for the VC book.

My order from August got cancelled too. What sucks is that the book definitely exists. Udon said on their twitter last week that the book should be in stores by late July and they even posted some pics of the unbound copy. Seems like this cancellation was just a miscommunication between Udon and Amazon.

I just hope amazon will honor the price I ordered it at once they put it back up.

I wonder if amazon just might not be getting enough to fulfill all the orders so they are canceling some. Either way this blows since my order was canceled as well.

Just checked. My order is still open. Hmmm.

I never did the cancel/rebuy that so many others did every time the price dipped a little. I wonder if that made a difference at all?

Now I'm just hoping that Udon and Amazon get on the same page before my order, too, is nixed.

[quote name='Zippon']I never did the cancel/rebuy that so many others did every time the price dipped a little. I wonder if that made a difference at all?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. I ordered since last September and never once changed my order or canceled it to re-place with another order the whole time, but I also had my order canceled today.

I hope they sort this out soon.

Does the book even exist in print yet?! If UDON is saying they won't be in stores till July what are those marketplace guys selling!?

I really don't even care about getting the preorder price. I'd just like it in English.

[quote name='technicalstylez']man..
i already have the japanese version but was hoping to get the english translated version. I have the japanese monster hunter artbook as well so I hope they don't run into similar problems with the english version of that one.[/QUOTE]

Which Monster Hunter book are they working on?

Yes, I want to read about the development and design. The art is just a side bonus. :/ I'm not cancelled... yet. At the $26 price point, too. I wonder if Amazon is just removing it to buck us folks with the super low price points?

I hope they'll honor old pre-orders for everyone who got in at that price. Mass canceling and then re-listing an item is super sketchy, error or not.

As it is, the new price is like a dollar cheaper than my order from August, so I guess that's cool?

Also got mine canceled. Not much I can do so I placed another order for the relisted item which says it will ship in 1-3 weeks. Shady that I have to pay $5 more than when I preordered.

Got the cancellation e-mail yesterday too. Nice to see that it's back on Amazon again; I'm going to call a CS rep to see if I can get my original price also.

Just got done doing an online chat with Customer Service...I was able to place a new order, and have that order's price adjusted to the $26.30 my original pre-order would've cost.

This just showed up in my Goldbox for $29.xx. I had it for $26.xx before it was canceled. Wow, how convenient. And of course, all records of the product has disappeared from my account.

Just spoke with an Amazon CSR guy and explained the situation. Super friendly and helpful, offered to reduced my price to the $26 it had been since I had ordered it before. Not entirely sure why it happened it the first place, but...whatevs.

He said something about the "item listing at that current price was no longer available," but went ahead and price matched it anyway. Why they couldn't just keep it if they're going to PM is beyond me (it sound like it might only be temporary if they'd "no longer be available")...so maybe jump on this when you can.

I just spoke with a CS rep from Amazon and he adjusted my new order to my original $26.xx price point, no problem. Very hassle free and easy. I'd say jump on this while you have the opportunity to do so.

This just gets more and more interesting.

[quote name='kazunori']Doubt it. I ordered since last September and never once changed my order or canceled it to re-place with another order the whole time, but I also had my order canceled today.
[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I placed mine before you (August), never did cx/rebuy, and mine is still open. I'm curious about those claiming to have an open order even older who got cx'd. Did they cx/rebuy? (Which means their order really isn't as old as they think.) Again, I'm just wondering to kill the time. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='ForeStorm']Super friendly and helpful...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TommyT53']Very hassle free and easy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='noobeffect']Amazon being awesome as always.[/QUOTE]

It's like they were needing a boost to their review scores all of a sudden and decided to target something that most of the affected customers would care enough about to complain and get things sorted out.

I UNCOVERED THE CONSPIRACY! :rofl:

Also,
[quote name='Zippon']FWIW, I placed mine before you (August), never did cx/rebuy, and mine is still open. I'm curious about those claiming to have an open order even older who got cx'd. Did they cx/rebuy? (Which means their order really isn't as old as they think.) Again, I'm just wondering to kill the time. :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]
Never did the cancel/rebuy thing. One order placed the 27th of January, got cancelled this morning, though not as old as your own order. *shrugs*

[quote name='Salamando3000']Just got done doing an online chat with Customer Service...I was able to place a new order, and have that order's price adjusted to the $26.30 my original pre-order would've cost.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could have the same luck. I chatted with someone for 10 mins and he wasn't very helpful at all. He made a big deal about how he's issuing me a $5 promo credit...... except this is just a $5 promo credit that I had applied to my original order. And he didn't even bring it up until I asked why my promo credit went missing. It's not like a few dollars makes much difference in the long run, but this still really irritates me :bomb:

Contacted Amazon through Live Chat. Told me to reorder and they manually adjusted the price back down to $26.30. Can't beat the price at almost half off.

I also checked my e-mail, and I found e-mails confirming the fact that I placed the order on August 24, so I never canceled/reordered.

Weird how not all orders were canceled...

Same.

Spoke to a rep and got the price adjusted to $26.30. He gave the common "one time exception" line. He was polite though and the service was great. Just had to explain it was the same product as the canceled order.

I got mine canceled as well. I ordered in January 2011 though. Fortunately, I was able to pre-order with my original price.

Christ I fucking hate dealing with CS reps for anything more than what a 2 year old can handle. That's not a knock, but any of us with half a brain will know exactly what should be happening with whatever problem we have and explaining it to one of them is god damn frustrating. Bashing your head against a wall.

How did any of you prove the 26 dollar price point? Mine was like 29 when I ordered but it had of course dropped a few dollars since I placed it, then eventually went back up.

I did the live chat thing with a representative and he gave me my old price back.

He asked for the order number, so I went back to my emails and looked for that auto-confirm email Amazon sends and got the number there. Once you have that, they basically have to adjust the price otherwise they look like shady douchebags. But yeah hope this works for everyone with this problem.

On the phone with them now...
They wouldn't reinstate my old order, but did give me a $5 credit towards ordering it again. So I guess it all evens out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off from contacting Amazon Customer Service chat (representative Gavi) adjusted my price to $25.08 for the book when it was actually $28.41 in my original order. I'm one happy lad right now :D

I had ordered mine back when I had an Amazon Prime subscription so the order had two day shipping. The CS representative I spoke to ended up giving me a $5 promo to offset the new cost compared to the old, but when I pointed out the shipping problem she bumped it up to a $10 promo to offset that issue. Unfortunately as I was checking out I learned that the two-day shipping would have been $12.

Oh well, super saver shipping along with the book for only 21.24 isn't worth complaining too much about. (Other than the fact it was really sketchy of Amazon to cancel the orders and then relist the item less than a day later.)

[quote name='Vortextk']Christ I fucking hate dealing with CS reps for anything more than what a 2 year old can handle. That's not a knock, but any of us with half a brain will know exactly what should be happening with whatever problem we have and explaining it to one of them is god damn frustrating. Bashing your head against a wall.

How did any of you prove the 26 dollar price point? Mine was like 29 when I ordered but it had of course dropped a few dollars since I placed it, then eventually went back up.[/QUOTE]

Dig through your old emails for the order confirmation email that you originally got with the $26 price. It also has the order number that you can reference to the rep when you talk with them, seeing that canceled orders no longer appear in your account.

I just chatted with a rep just now and the adjustment was done hassle-free. I even got it at $26.30, which is lower than what I originally ordered it at ($26.98).

I feel sorry for the hassle you all have had. My pre-order was never cancelled and I'm at $26.98.

I placed mine on March 31, 2011... :whistle2:?:drool:

bread's done
Back