Valkyria Chronicles - Gen. Discussion & Info

Now that's a price I can get behind. No multiplayer and you're left with a $45 dollar game. I'm still holding out for $40 but it's good that CC is trying to get more sales with a lower price point (even if it's temporary).

[quote name='depascal22']Now that's a price I can get behind. No multiplayer and you're left with a $45 dollar game. I'm still holding out for $40 but it's good that CC is trying to get more sales with a lower price point (even if it's temporary).[/quote]

$40 if you have a gamers card.. :)

Yeah, I wonder if CC will even get this game. :)

I can wait for the CC sale, if not, I'll just pick it up on Amazon.
I've no problem with singleplayer games.

And I do like to support unique titles, much like I like to support unique music, or whathaveyou.

I like these comments from users:
The environments, terrain and objectives is extremely varied, no two missions feel the same. There are night missions and some tactically significant weather effects, like sandstorms for example.

---

Snipering also isn't much fun in the first few missions, since your equipment/sniper level is so low that you have to get rather close to make sure to hit a headshot.

It does get extremely fun some way into the game when you can reliably pick off enemies from halfway across the battlefield though
biggrin.gif

[quote name='blueweltall']I'm picking it up at CC than unless Amazon somehow price match this.[/quote]

Ditto. I'm really hoping for a price match on Amazon as CC has really done a good job of keeping me away. Still, for $15 off a new (and potentially hard to find) game, I'll venture over.

I'm curious as to why the CC add states that VC is available for the DS as well though. I am half expecting CC to retract the ad, stating that the wrong game was shown.

Question: Does anyone know how Gamestop/EB currently lists pre-order bonuses on packing slips?
I pre-ordered this online for the artbook, but I'd like to return it and get it at cc if possible.
Obviously Gamestop would have no use for the pre-order bonus, so it would kind of suck if I had to return that as well.

I actually canceled my preorder with Amazon in hopes of getting it at CC, but then the only convenient one nearby was on that list of stores closing. I put in another Amazon preorder this morning. :whee: At least Amazon is giving out $10 gift cards.

[quote name='metaly']I actually canceled my preorder with Amazon in hopes of getting it at CC, but then the only convenient one nearby was on that list of stores closing. I put in another Amazon preorder this morning. :whee: At least Amazon is giving out $10 gift cards.[/QUOTE]

You could probably have PMed it at Best Buy, Walmart, or Target. I always PM circuit city stuff at Best Buy.

How exactly would we price match the CC price anywhere else without the actual ad? All the CC's around me are closing so I would have no proof to get it price matched at any other retailer.

[quote name='InertiaXr']How exactly would we price match the CC price anywhere else without the actual ad? All the CC's around me are closing so I would have no proof to get it price matched at any other retailer.[/QUOTE]

You can print out the webpage showing the price, or print out the ad online.
Of course, this may be sunk if wherever you go to PM calls the store, but that has never happened to me.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'd rather play it this weekend than give business to Circuit Shitty. Can't wait; it's been YEARS since a worthwhile Sega game.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. Yakuza 2 just came out a couple months ago ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'd rather play it this weekend than give business to Circuit Shitty. Can't wait; it's been YEARS since a worthwhile Sega game.[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 2 jus came out in september...

Yep, picked up the artbook earlier today. Mine was a little dinged up but it was the last one at the store. It's the one that came with the Japanese CE but in English, which is great for everyone here.

So marks my third purchase of the game, haha...

Here's to the Selvaria Bles PVC in December.

[quote name='JEKKI']Yakuza 2 jus came out in september...[/quote]

I think she means a worthwhile Srpg from sega which has been let me see. Shining Force Sega Saturn 1998.

[quote name='Paco']I think she means a worthwhile Srpg from sega which has been let me see. Shining Force Sega Saturn 1998.[/QUOTE]I think that's what she means also. Last worthwhile Sega SRPG I remember was Shining Force: RotDD (remake of the first SF).

It is not hardcover, it is paperback.

It has some nice pictures, but feels more like a doctor's office highlights magazine.

[quote name='fifthcore']I thought this came out today?!? Now I have to go into today to get Resistance 2, then back tomorrow for Valkyria Chronicles :([/quote]

No, ships today, stores tomorrow. :(

Valkyria Chronicles DLC is coming:
Hello everyone. It’s Christopher Kaminski, US Producer of Valkyria Chronicles, here again with a very exciting announcement!!

First I want to remind everyone who is eligible to go out and vote today! Once you’re done with that, I hope you’re going to settle in and play a little Valkyria Chronicles. The buzz surrounding the game is growing all crazy like bamboo. People are saying Valkyria isn’t just the best tactics game around but it’s one of the best games on the PS3. Period. I’d have to agree.

Haven’t gotten the game yet? Then check out some of the new trailers we’ve released this month! We focused on the characters that make up Squad 7. You can see Alicia, Rosie, and Welkin in action both on and off the battlefield.

Oh wait, I promised you an announcement, right? I wouldn’t let you guys down. You might have read that the Japanese folks got an extra mission and an Extra Hard skirmish mode as downloadable content.

It’s my sincere and distinct pleasure to let you know that we’re bringing those two content packs over to the US and European shores early next year. We did this to support all the fans of the game and make sure that everyone can get all the enjoyment out of the game. We hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again to all our fans. It’s great feeling for us to bring such high quality games to the PS3. We couldn’t do this without your support.

Squad 7, Move Out!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...chronicles-shipping-out-today-dlc-on-the-way/

Awesome news, I can't wait. :D

It wouldn't let me purchase the Japanese DLC because I didn't have a Japanese address to go with my credit card ;(

I checked my local stores but could not find it in stock, I guess I'll try my luck tomorrow.

[quote name='aegisol']It wouldn't let me purchase the Japanese DLC because I didn't have a Japanese address to go with my credit card ;([/QUOTE]

There are ways around that. There are some Paypal-esque services that offer virtual credit cards. I can't hink of the names off-hand.
However, I don't think the Japanese dlc will work with a US game anyway. And we know the US is getting dlc anyway, so it'd probably be easier to wait.

I've got a dilemma. I reallllly want to pick this up tomorrow but I know CC is having it on sale for $45 starting the 9th. Could I buy it at Target/BB tomorrow and get a retroactive price match next week?

[quote name='InertiaXr']I've got a dilemma. I reallllly want to pick this up tomorrow but I know CC is having it on sale for $45 starting the 9th. Could I buy it at Target/BB tomorrow and get a retroactive price match next week?[/quote]

good question. i have the same...

Best Buy has a 30 day price adjustment guarantee. So you can go back with just the receipt to get it price adjusted.

Target doesn't price match.

I'd probably try doing that if I actually had a CC near me, but the closest one is over 30 miles away so my BB won't price match them. Either way I'm looking forward to the game, even if I do have to pay a bit extra.

[quote name='SDC']There are ways around that. There are some Paypal-esque services that offer virtual credit cards. I can't hink of the names off-hand.
However, I don't think the Japanese dlc will work with a US game anyway. And we know the US is getting dlc anyway, so it'd probably be easier to wait.[/quote]

Yeah, I meant for my Japanese copy of the game. The address format when entering credit card info is for Japanese addresses for the Japanese store.

I'll be taking advantage of the 40% extra trade in credit with EB and grabbing this tomorrow. Unfortunately, Mirrors Edge and Resistance 2 will have to wait until next month as 4 new releases (LBP, Fallout 3, Castlevania: OoE, and Valkyria Chronicles) really kills the game budget.

Just got back from Wal-Mart and I saw it there. I was incredibly tempted to get it, but I already got Resistance 2 today, plus I want to wait for CC to have it on sale.

[quote name='Paco']I think she means a worthwhile Srpg from sega which has been let me see. Shining Force Sega Saturn 1998.[/QUOTE]what about Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer??

that game was hella tite, except now we're not getting the sequal coz nobody cared except me!!!!

went to gamestop on my way home from work to see if i could pick up my pre-order copy. they were literally opening their big box o' ps3 new releases as i walked in, but they wouldn't sell me one or give me my pre-order bonus because there was no manager on duty to take inventory... i wish i had known walmart already stocked them, there is a walmart right next to gamestop. oh well, guess i'll try back tomorrow .

[quote name='JEKKI']what about Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer??

that game was hella tite, except now we're not getting the sequal coz nobody cared except me!!!![/QUOTE]

Shiren the Wanderer is a roguelike, not a strategy rpg. But it is supposed to be fantastic. I need to track down a copy.

[quote name='aegisol']Yeah, I meant for my Japanese copy of the game. The address format when entering credit card info is for Japanese addresses for the Japanese store.[/QUOTE]

You could always buy a Japanese pre-paid PSN card off of Play-Asia.

[quote name='InertiaXr']I've got a dilemma. I reallllly want to pick this up tomorrow but I know CC is having it on sale for $45 starting the 9th. Could I buy it at Target/BB tomorrow and get a retroactive price match next week?[/quote]

Just wait four days. There's no multi-player so I think you can wait a couple days to save $15.

bread's done
Back