Valkyria Chronicles - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='depascal22']Just wait four days. There's no multi-player so I think you can wait a couple days to save $15.[/quote]

From Best Buy's site:

If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor's sale price, during the return and exchange period on your product.

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

I didn't know you could price match for that long. I wanna save $15, but the artbook from Gamestop is sealing the deal for me.

I'd get it from BB today if I wouldn't have any trouble PM'ing it, Thing is, I'd be using a Rewards Zone certificate. Anyone know if that would that make getting my $15 back later difficult?

[quote name='whoknows']I'd get it from BB today if I wouldn't have any trouble PM'ing it, Thing is, I'd be using a Rewards Zone certificate. Anyone know if that would that make getting my $15 back later difficult?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, yes. I had to call in to get the RZ credit back into my account. They ended up just adding the points back to my account and I was able to print out a new RZ cert at a later date.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd get it from BB today if I wouldn't have any trouble PM'ing it, Thing is, I'd be using a Rewards Zone certificate. Anyone know if that would that make getting my $15 back later difficult?[/quote]Unless you're using enough RZ certs to get the price below $15 OOP, then no, it won't be an issue. I do this all the time. When you get the PM, you just ask for the money back towards the payment method you used for the purchase.

[quote name='bob330i']In my experience, yes. I had to call in to get the RZ credit back into my account. They ended up just adding the points back to my account and I was able to print out a new RZ cert at a later date.[/quote]That's not how it happens any more. They just auto-credit it back into your account in about 1-2 weeks. You'd only need to call them about it if it didn't show up back in your account after 30 days.

[quote name='typeRJ']From Best Buy's site:

If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor's sale price, during the return and exchange period on your product.

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

I didn't know you could price match for that long. I wanna save $15, but the artbook from Gamestop is sealing the deal for me.[/quote]I'd suggest buying it today and holding onto it until the 9th, then go back in and do the PM for the $16.50 difference back on it. That's what I'm planning to do with it.

[quote name='InertiaXr']I've got a dilemma. I reallllly want to pick this up tomorrow but I know CC is having it on sale for $45 starting the 9th. Could I buy it at Target/BB tomorrow and get a retroactive price match next week?[/QUOTE]

was this advertised somewhere at that price?

Last edited by a moderator:
This game totally flew under the radar for me , too many triple A titles within the past month. When I saw this thread I forgot I preorder it from Gamestop along time ago.

Great, my backlog just grew even bigger. I don't know how I'm going finish all these rpg. With Tales of Symphonia II and Persona 4( preorder both of these with leftover Gamestop credit), it going to be a long month.

Got me a copy today, but it'll have to wait till I finish up Fallout 3 and Resistance 2. Boy, are we getting hammered these past few weeks with these top notch games. But hey, I don't think any of us are complaining :).

Does anyone think this is gonna be hard to find? I have so many other games I'm trying to wade through right now and don't mind holding off on this one if I can find it later. Don't get me wrong, I really want to play it but there's a lack of both time AND cash.

I went to pick up my copy at Gamestop today, and they didn't have the preorder bonus. The employee was pretty sure that they got an email about it but couldn't find the email or the bonus in the store. I went ahead and leveled with him that I'd be returning it after the Circuit City sale (even if I have to order the game online) if they don't get me the bonus book. The guy was like, no problem and even signed my receipt saying I could return it OPENED no questions asked since I didn't get the bonus (he was the one who actually suggested signing it).

I'll admit I usually rag on Gamestop, but it was sort of cool to see an employee take a preorder bonus that seriously. So now I'm going to have to call them tomorrow to find out what happened with the book, and hopefully I'll get it sometime later this week.

Unfortunately I have to grade some stuff tonight so I won't get to play it until tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it after that demo.

the one!

the only!

artbook! I got it!!

hella glad I went during lunch break instead of waiting til the afternoon!

too bad it's like caca quality lol

[quote name='flybrione']Does this game support Trophies? My game just shipped from Amazon.com and I was curious. Thanks[/QUOTE]The game was shipped in Japan because there weren't even trophies in the SDK. Due to people wanting trophies, the developers are looking into it.

Anyway, I got unlucky and didn't get an artbook. :whistle2:(

I also did not get the artbook. My GameStop said they never got them and probably never will. WTF? Aren't preorder bonuses guaranteed? Especially when you preorder MONTHS in advance?

Great game so far though, I played through the first 3 chapters last night, and still having a ball!

Yeah, I just called my Gamestop again today, and they still didn't get them in. Though apparently the Gamestop employee knows me by voice, because he called me by name (and here I didn't think I went there often, but I do tend to be the guy who preorders some niche games). So I guess if they get it in they'll save a copy, but its looking likely that I'll be without it. Oddly enough I think this is the first time I haven't received my preorder bonus from a Gamestop and it pisses me off (and now I know what it feels like for all those who have this happen all the time).

I got this game on the 4th. This game has got to be a huge fluke. Sega in this era would never make anything this damn good. It's like they revived a Genesis/Dreamcast crew and said "Make a great game." And after we all love this game, they'll produce pure shit like Sonic Unleashed for another 2-4 years, but this game will have renewed our faith so badly that we'll use it as a reason that sega WILL make another great game again.

Though I would LOVE to see a Shining Force 4 with this engine.

Picked it up yesterday and got my art book!! Played through the prologue and mission 1 and it's been AWESOME. I can't wait to get home from work to put some more time in.

Agreed on the whole "Sega produced this?!?!" ideology. Hopefully this game does well enough to give them an idea of what some of us want.

Damnit, UPS fucked me over. My shipment went to Fort Worth Texas because of some UPS mishap. Now it says I have to wait until Monday to get it? Oh well, I got my shipping refunded at least I guess?

Wonder if I should just go out and buy a copy at Best Buy, Circuit City, or something and then just return the copy I get through the mail to one of the two places I bought it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked it up from EB (traded some games in to get this for like $13) and got the last copy...the dreaded "wall copy" that is already opened and with the white sticker on it.

The good news, with the "wall copy" I can trade it in within 30 days for full price, no questions asked...meaning if I dislike it this weekend I can get Mirrors Edge!

Damn, did most GS not even get the pre-order book?

I called 8 places before I finally found that saved one for me.
Hmm, to play tonight or not......

[quote name='shrike4242']Unless you're using enough RZ certs to get the price below $15 OOP, then no, it won't be an issue. I do this all the time. When you get the PM, you just ask for the money back towards the payment method you used for the purchase. [/QUOTE]

I'm only using a $20, so cool. Thanks for the info :D

[quote name='JEKKI']dood! Alicia!

she got them big azz titties!!![/quote]

that's all i can look at when she's on screen. hentai material.

damn... I want this so bad... fuck you gears for taking my money.

So far, I'm not impressed at all. The battle concept is interesting, but team combine turns kinda limit the strategy. Most of time your using heroes over your normal troops. The combat seem pretty slow to me. It seem like you can speed run with a few troops. I prefer other squadron based Real Time Strategy like Brother in Arms, Full Spectrum Warrior, Battlion Wars and Kingdom Under Fire.

UPS managed to fix the delivery mistake quickly and get it to me today instead of Monday.

Been playing about an hour of it so far and loving it. My only peeve is how bad the subs are to the japanese voice acting. Oh well, at least I understand most of it without having to rely on the subs, but oh man are they mostly different.

I finally got around to playing it today, and the first thing I have to say is the music is too awesome. :D

The game has been fun so far and I'm enjoying the story. I'm using English voiceacting though. :whistle2:(

My only nitpick with JPN voice option is that they don't subtitle what the characters say in battle, like when hit, or whatever.

Arg!

My second play through will be in English. Very fun so far.

[quote name='ice2dragon']Letter size or game case size? Thanks.[/quote]Magazine size, but not as wide.
It's nice. Softcover but with stiffer than usual cover.

[quote name='JEKKI']dood! Alicia!

she got them big azz titties!!![/quote]

awwwwww yeeaaaaaa~!
that's what I like to hear lol. I've really only noticed so far that Selveria's got some impossibly huge tits for her figure lol. Hopefully picking this up at CC during the sale.

Just noticed that Vyse and Aika from Skies of Arcadia fame are in the game. Pretty awesome. I'm no doubt integrating those two into my troop rotation.

Wow, that's complete BS. My $56.99 copy just showed up today, too. :[

I like the game a lot so far, at least. I'm even using the English voiceover and I'm impressed by a lot of the performances. Also I'm glad that the difficulty isn't a pushover, either.

Is that Quinton Flynn voicing the old guy in the graveyard?

you guys got a $10 giftcard with that right? Unless you're not planning to get anymore stuff from Amazon, you still came out cheaper...

Got this from Gamefly earlier today and just installed, played the tutorial first level, and watched a few more episodes before quitting for today.

bread's done
Back