Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='lurknomore']
Anyhow, now that word of the super-secret Meetup at jmiller80's house has been announced...I felt that it was important to once again thank jmiller80 for being the gracious host. We all had an incredible time. The gaming was fun, and the Red Hot & Blue was delicious as always. Thanks for the great time.

Nothing beats old-school Bomberman in a basement corner.[/QUOTE]

Not to ripoff Lurk, but it was a good time, even if I looked like a "tool" playing Rayman. So, thanks J, and I can't wait to see everyone at the next meetup.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Anyone ever heard of Magfest before? Here's the URL:

www.magfest.org

I know the price is not super CAG friendly, but would anyone be interested in going one of the days?

MjC[/QUOTE]

I am definitely down for another convention and a CAG meetup at the same time sounds like a plan. My only issue is that I have a wedding that Saturday, but I am down for Friday or Sunday.

[quote name='sasukeuchiha459']im another MD CAG around target/GS in greenbelt cant stand that rip off trade in system in gs[/quote]

If it weren't for the 50% trade in value, I wouldn't trade in. Even 30% you feel ripped off.

Wow, I didn't realize they'd moved Magfest up to DC. Last time I looked into it was when it was in Roanoke one year and Williamsburg the next. I've always been curious how it was.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Wow, I didn't realize they'd moved Magfest up to DC. Last time I looked into it was when it was in Roanoke one year and Williamsburg the next. I've always been curious how it was.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was sorta jazzed about the idea when it started, but Roanoke is too far for me. Now I'm a little less jazzed, but it's within shooting distance. But hey, Angry Nintendo Nerd will be there!

MjC

Happy Holidays fellow DC area CAG folk. Looking forward to the next meetup in the new year. We will start the planning.

Lurk, you handled the last one. Want me to organize this one or lend a helping hand?

[quote name='feverlax']Hey guys,

Do any of you know of any stores in or around Rockville that have copies of the original Lumines for the PSP?[/quote]

No stores in Rockville, Gaithersburg, or Germantown have the original Lumines PSP new. You can get it at EB/GS for too much.

[quote name='decon']No stores in Rockville, Gaithersburg, or Germantown have the original Lumines PSP new. You can get it at EB/GS for too much.[/quote]

The toysRus near lakeforest had some last time i was there looking for lumines 2... That being said i have not been there in a while... happy hunting.

[quote name='feverlax']Thanks guys, I guess I'll start making some calls and see if I can find it[/QUOTE]
Hey there,
I'm local and I have a few copies of the original Lumines. LMK if you want to do a swap/trade.

Anyhow, FYE Lakeforest has mislabeled Simpsons Blu-Ray with a $14.99 AR price. The thing is, there is either no longer a rebate or there has never been. The price will ring up as normal price, but if you bring this to their attention, they will honor the price as shown.

And while you are there, brand new Halo 3 is $20 AR. A $40 rebate, but they have always been honored for me.

Spoke with Lurk and Cleaver about another meetup and here is the date we thought would work best is Saturday, January 26, 2008. It is the week before the Super Bowl and there should not be too much happening in terms of sports, parties, etc.

So, give us you input.

This would be the tentitive plans:

Where- Dave & Buster's, Rockville (North Bethesda)

When- 3:00 pm, January 26, 3008

I am going to contact the Goozex folks. Lurk, can you notify Cheapy that we are doing it again, thanks.

Looking forward to the next meetup. I'll probably get there earlier though as I have so many point cards for D&B to burn, from all of our other meetups.

[quote name='thebob101']Spoke with Lurk and Cleaver about another meetup and here is the date we thought would work best is Saturday, January 26, 2008. It is the week before the Super Bowl and there should not be too much happening in terms of sports, parties, etc.

So, give us you input.

This would be the tentitive plans:

Where- Dave & Buster's, Rockville (North Bethesda)

When- 3:00 pm, January 26, 3008

I am going to contact the Goozex folks. Lurk, can you notify Cheapy that we are doing it again, thanks.[/quote]

Sounds good, I should be able to make it, just need to put in a request to get the day off of work which shouldn't be a problem, once it's the official date of course. Looking forward to the meet-up!

As far as I know right now that should work for me as well.

Also, I'm not going to be able to make MAGfest afterall. So just in case anyone goes, let me know how it is.

See you guys/gal soon!

MjC

The date works for me, obviously.

I've got a Blade Runner Blu Ray briefcase and Guitar Hero 3 for Wii I'd sell for cost ($63 and $95, respectively) instead of returning them. I posted this here instead of the trade forum because I don't feel like shipping them.

:( I'd like to meet up with you guys but i'll only be in shady grove, md between feb. 4th to the 8th.. when do you guys usually do meetups? are they random? I'll prolly be able to catch you guys in the summer though (can't wait to move there).

Hello. My first time posting to CAG. I plan to attend this meetup, and have couple of questions. If the Goozex guys are going to be there, does this mean they will be facilitating the trades? Would they take the games and give me the points according to the Goozex’s website? I have few new games that I plan to bring, would I work with Goozex guys or other CAG members?

Thank you in advance

[quote name='taioo8']Hello. My first time posting to CAG. I plan to attend this meetup, and have couple of questions. If the Goozex guys are going to be there, does this mean they will be facilitating the trades? Would they take the games and give me the points according to the Goozex’s website? I have few new games that I plan to bring, would I work with Goozex guys or other CAG members?

Thank you in advance[/QUOTE]

That is not how the Goozex system/servce works. I suggest that you read the FAQs and visit their forums to better understand how the service works. If the Goozex guys are there, they would be merely there to answer questions and socialize.

Looks like that date will work out for another DC CAG meetup. Lurk, could you update the first post to reflect the new meetup date and details.

[quote name='thebob101']Looks like that date will work out for another DC CAG meetup. Lurk, could you update the first post to reflect the new meetup date and details.[/QUOTE]

the bob101, I updated the first post as requested.
Just realize though, that I cannot yet commit to that date in 3008. Don't even know if I will be alive then.

[quote name='lurknomore']Just realize though, that I cannot yet commit to that date in 3008. Don't even know if I will be alive then.[/quote]

I like to plan way in advance, so there are no conflicts in my schedule. Nah, I am just an idiot, lol.

[quote name='BigBen']I plan on attending, is this "official" yet? I'll be bringing game to trade as well :)[/QUOTE]

It's as good as gold. If either thebob or I say that it's on, it's on. See you then. Will be doing the invite once again.

I'll be there. The last meet-up I was able to come to was about a year ago, so this should be cool. I'll bring some stuff to trade.

[quote name='tsmvengy']I will try to be there - hopefully people will be bringing some gamecube stuff to trade![/QUOTE]

Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I have a good bit of Gamecube stuff, but I'm not sure how much of it I want to part with.

BTW, if anyone is able to pick up an extra $5 copy of Virtua Fighter 5 PS3, I'd be interested. I was going to wait and get it for the 360, but since that just broke for the second time in a year, my PS3 is looking a lot better.

[quote name='greenfox']
BTW, if anyone is able to pick up an extra $5 copy of Virtua Fighter 5 PS3, I'd be interested. I was going to wait and get it for the 360, but since that just broke for the second time in a year, my PS3 is looking a lot better.[/quote]

Has anyone in the DC area found clearance games at Target? I haven't seen any at the one in Germantown and selection of games is poor even for new ones.

Well, looks like I'll be able to make it and it will be my first meet. I just have to make sure that isn't one of my weekends I have to work. If it's not, I'll post a link to what I have for trade and see you guys there.

[quote name='decon']Has anyone in the DC area found clearance games at Target? I haven't seen any at the one in Germantown and selection of games is poor even for new ones.[/quote]

I found a clearance Odama at the Target in Silver Spring once. That's the only clearance game I've ever seen at any Targets in the area. The Odama was in the case at the bottom. Just saw it out of the corner of my eye while I was checking out some other games. I even asked the clerk where the clearance games were and he said they usually ship them out somewhere before they go on clearance.

Granted that was several months ago.

Okay, looks like we are getting all set up for the meetup.

Cleaver brought up a good point while I was talking to him the other day. Let's start looking at each other's trade lists and setting up trades for the meetup. It saves on shipping and makes for a nice bonus to the meetup. Both of our trade lists are pretty up to date so please check them out and let's start discussing possible deals.

I haven't heard back from Mark at Goozex, but hopefully, the boys will be a part of this meetup. It has always been a great time with them involved and they have been nothing, but outstanding with the freebies and contests. If you haven't checked out the pics from past meetups, please check a couple or so pages back in this thread to see them.

Lastly, sorry for the long post (I am just excited about meeting up again, very cool).

[quote name='decon']Has anyone in the DC area found clearance games at Target? I haven't seen any at the one in Germantown and selection of games is poor even for new ones.[/QUOTE]

I used to find good clearance deals every now and then at the Rockville target, but it's been a while. I never seem to get in on these $5 - $10 deals, but someone must be getting them. I checked the target in Rockville today, but they didn't have VF5. If someone else can find some before the meet-up, cool. If not, no big deal.

[quote name='decon']Has anyone in the DC area found clearance games at Target? I haven't seen any at the one in Germantown and selection of games is poor even for new ones.[/quote]
I checked out the Prince William county and Gainsville stores a little while ago and found nothing.

EDIT: Also if anyone is looking for Yakuza the local c-city in Harrisonburg has 4 copys as of yesterday for 8.96 each.

If anyone is looking for a favorable deal on an LCD HDTV, C-Mart (Baltimore and DC) is doing 30% off everything in the store. The one in Baltimore still has a few 32" 720p and 42" 1080p Vizios and a boatload of 22" 720p Insignias as of this morning. I picked up a 32" for under $450. The 42" is $972 and the Insignia is $210. I see DC also had TVs listed, so you might find a deal there too. A bit OTT I know, but todays games need an HDTV!

MjC

CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring and College Park (if you're out that way)
like the one in Rockville are usually good treasure hunting.

there are 2 more in DC, but I've only been to one (was a pain to get to)

Let's start getting the "who going to attend the meetup" list together. If you are planning to attend, maybe or not, please post your intentions.

Also, make sure you are checking folks Trade Lists to start making deals.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

[quote name='tenchimyo']CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring and College Park (if you're out that way)
like the one in Rockville are usually good treasure hunting.

there are 2 more in DC, but I've only been to one (was a pain to get to)[/quote] I go to both of the ones in dc. The adams morgan one is the hardest one to get because the metro station is about 5+ blocks away and parking up there is a bitch.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']I go to both of the ones in dc. The adams morgan one is the hardest one to get because the metro station is about 5+ blocks away and parking up there is a bitch.[/quote]

I hear that, the one in Adam's Morgan also had a weak selection on games.

I scored a complete Lunar and Lunar 2 (both mint) at the Rockville one.

I'm out for the meet up. Have a test scheduled that day. One day......:bomb:

I go by the one in Adams Morgan every day - they have plenty of PS2 games, but the 'Cube and GBA selection is kinda weak. I haven't been to the one in Tenleytown lately...

Hey, if anyone wants Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE 360 for $15+tax, a Target near me had like 8 copies today. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you for the Meet in 2 weeks.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Hey, if anyone wants Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE 360 for $15+tax, a Target near me had like 8 copies today. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you for the Meet in 2 weeks.

MjC[/quote]

I'll most likely be at the meet-up on the 26th. If you can pick me up a copy for $15+tax, I'll gladly re-pay you at the meet-up. Thanks, MCalvert!

bread's done
Back