We Finally Have A Winner 4 The Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Tourny, And The Winner Is...

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Rules are as follow:

1. Single Elimination style. If you lose in the first round, you're out.
2. No Machine Smoke unless your opponent gives the okay.
3. Match must be played within 2-3 days once you're assigned an opponent.
4. Results must be posted within 2 days of match day.
5. "VS Screen" codes used must be announced before match, posted here, and agreed upon by both players.
6. 1 vs 1 Kombat, first to 3 WINS is the winner of the match. NOT best of 3, first to 3 TOTAL wins.
7. Winner and loser can pick the same characters or change for the next match.

Finals Match
1. dman1869 (GT - DmanIzBack) VS. 2. jimfoley16 (GT - ISmashHotChicks)

And the winner is jimfoley16...kind of. Here's what happened. He won 3 close matches in a row. But I asked him if we could disregard the first match because it was so laggy. So he says fine, but then I come back and win 3 in a row of my own. So I guess you could say it ended 3-3. In any case, Jim Foley will still be receiving his 1600 MP Point card. Thanks to those who participated and stuck it out. Catch you guys next time. And hopefully someone else can host and maybe get it done a little quicker. ;)

I'm almost 100% certain Human Smoke is far more broken than Machine Smoke.

I'd be intersted in a torney, but we never seem to be able to properly finish one that isn't UNO.

Just don't make it so big. I think 32 people is the max size for any tourney. The street fighter one had 64 people and it is too hard to organize that many people over the internet.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
I'd be intersted in a torney, but we never seem to be able to properly finish one that isn't UNO.[/QUOTE]

Yep.... and you know people are going to forget all about this when Tony Hawk / Gears of War / Rainbow Six Vegas / Smackdown / whatever other hot game is dropping in November comes out.

A tourney would have been a good idea a few weeks ago... not so much now.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yep.... and you know people are going to forget all about this when Tony Hawk / Gears of War / Rainbow Six Vegas / Smackdown / whatever other hot game is dropping in November comes out.

A tourney would have been a good idea a few weeks ago... not so much now.[/QUOTE]

Well we've still got a few days to get something going before those games come out. As for a weeks ago, the game just came out and I think people would have wanted to get to know the game before they were playing in a tourny, even if it was just for friendly competition. :)

And I think 32 would is a great suggestion for a cutoff mr ryles.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why not just a small, 4 person tourney? I'm in. Oh, and make sure that dude who uses Sonya isn't allowed to join.[/QUOTE]

LOL :(

I'd be up for it. I play as reptile. I think we could allow smoke, as long as it doesn't turn into a 30 smoke vs 2 kabal tournament. I think it's rather fun to bait the fucktards that use smoke into teleport punching, then combo the shit out of them.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why not just a small, 4 person tourney? I'm in. Oh, and make sure that dude who uses Sonya isn't allowed to join.[/QUOTE]

Who uses Sonya, lilboo? What wrong with him?

[quote name='dman1869']Who uses Sonya, lilboo? What wrong with him?[/QUOTE]

not sure if lilboo is the one who uses sonya or not, but whoever it is I hear is very very good.

yeah I use Sonya and do somewhat good. Really don't like to say I do really well..but, I have issued some maaaajor pwnage with her ^_^ (but recieved JUST as much in return!)

Not trying to criticize, but I think 20 or 24 would be a better cut off since 22 leaves someone with a bye for the next round.

I'm not a MK diehard, but I do know Smoke is not some uber broken secret must ban character like Akuma in SF2, nor is any MK character. Given that, a tournament with a character ban is a joke.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Not trying to criticize, but I think 20 or 24 would be a better cut off since 22 leaves someone with a bye for the next round.[/QUOTE]

The reason I'm going with 22 is so we can have the by out the way earlier. Because with 24, there will be a by when there are only 3 left. This way, with 22 there will be only 1 by in the 3rd round.

As for banning Smoke, there is no ban. I just want to make sure both players can agree on using him because I don't players to bitch later and later say, "You only won because you used Smoke," and feel like they were cheated somehow. If someone doesn't want to play against Smoke and they think he has an unfair advantage, then all they have to do is say so.

Update: Only 1 Slot LEFT!

My gamertag is "Son of a Beep" by the way.. can't play tonight, but the rest of the week is better.

[quote name='mr ryles']just realized you put me in there, I uh.. don't have a 360 right now, it is how you would say "broke"[/QUOTE]

I'll take your spot if that's cool with the host.

[quote name='Arikado']I'll take your spot if that's cool with the host.[/QUOTE]

Well there you go. Arikado will take mr ryles spot.

Arikado VS VanillaGorilla

[quote name='dman1869']Does anybody want to take mr ryles spot?[/QUOTE]

i will but i dunno when i'm getting my xbox back hopefully early in the week (in repair)

so if thats ok i'll take it otherwise nevermind

Apossum and I just tried to connect, and it wouldn't work...

I guess the only thing we can do is if other people are having problems, switch people... I don't know what to do

[quote name='thamaster24']Apossum and I just tried to connect, and it wouldn't work...

I guess the only thing we can do is if other people are having problems, switch people... I don't know what to do[/QUOTE]

Did u guys try a Private Match? If it doesn't work by the end of tomorrow we'll just switch you guys up.

[quote name='dman1869']Did u guys try a Private Match? If it doesn't work by the end of tomorrow we'll just switch you guys up.[/QUOTE]

Okay, sounds good. I can try again late night tonight or sometime around 9pm tomorrow.

[quote name='Apossum']Okay, sounds good. I can try again late night tonight or sometime around 9pm tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah we tried private matches, custom matches, all of it

But yeah we can try again tomorrow at the same time, I can't get back on tonight

[quote name='thamaster24']Yeah we tried private matches, custom matches, all of it

But yeah we can try again tomorrow at the same time, I can't get back on tonight[/QUOTE]
You guys should try opening your ports with DMZ on your router.

bread's done
Back