When's the last time you turned it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gameboy415']How are you liking Godzilla Unleashed??

I played through the story mode as Godzilla but I haven't really tried out any of the other characters yet.

For whatever reason the gameplay doesn't seem as polished as Godzilla: DAMM on GC did. Some attacks just feel useless, ya know?[/quote]
Yeah it seems like the series went down hill after DAMM, it was easily the best game in the series. I'm not sure what happened, maybe Pipeworks lost a bunch of their best employees after DAMM?

hmm.. I turned it on to unlock everything on Godzilla Unleashed, been too lazy to get points to buy it all. That was Jan 1st, last week I started Mario Galaxy, I finish getting everything from the first 4 galaxies and those alone let me finish the last boss so I did that.. then my cousin borrowed it so I won't be using my Wii for a while.

I turned on my wii for the first time in a month when I got no more heroes last week. regardless, I only now own 2 wii games though.

[quote name='007']Did anyone else get a random update the other day? It was something about the Check Mii Out Channel, and you only needed it if you hadn't updated since 10/10/08.[/quote]
You only do the system update from the notice if you haven't already. You still need to download the updated CMO channel from the Wii Shop channel.

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']You only do the system update from the notice if you haven't already. You still need to download the updated CMO channel from the Wii Shop channel.

--R.J.[/quote]

Oh, geez, yeah. I'm kind of stupid and totally forgot about that because I did it really quickly.

Thanks. :oops:

Turned it on over the weekend to typewrite on ganados in RE4. First time I'd played since unlocking Luigi in mid-December.

Its been close to 6 months since I fired mine up. Now dont get me wrong its not because of a lack of games. I have SMG, RE: UC, and just last week grabbed zack and wiki and super swing golf for 15 bones each. I just dont have the time lately and with my 360 already hooked up and ready to go its hard to make the transition back. I will probably fire it back up here soon when I have more time.

bill123

Last night I threw in Wii Sports to play a round of drunk golf. I haven't played this in 6-8 months and I'll probably never play it again becuase it sucks. I'm sick of overshooting 10 foot putts because the wiimote isn't sensitive enough to register a light swing.

Then I rolled 5 games and quit because the response of the wiimote was so inconsistent that I almost pitched the controller through the livingroom window out of frustration. It stutters during the backswing and during the throw and slides straight down the ally before curving, totally fucking up my style. And it's NOT ME, it's the goddamn remote, or camera, or IR bar - or SOMETHING.

Why do I hate this game so much when only a year ago I thought it was a revolution ?

[quote name='bmulligan']
Why do I hate this game so much when only a year ago I thought it was a revolution ?[/QUOTE]

The newness/novelty wore off and now the flaws are more apparent.

Speak for yourself; the only reason I'm still not sinking hours in Wii Sports bowling is because of all the other cool new games vying for my time.

[quote name='bmulligan']And it's NOT ME, it's the goddamn remote, or camera, or IR bar - or SOMETHING.[/quote]
Batteries?

--R.J.

at the end of last week to activate some clearance walmart points, but before then was september 13th..and then it wasnt even me playing it was a friend.

[quote name='bmulligan']
Why do I hate this game so much when only a year ago I thought it was a revolution ?[/quote]Probably because there's something wrong with your remote or sensor bar.

And the updated answer to this question, since I'm here is... last Monday when I beat No More Heroes. Probably going to start up MLB Power Pros between now and Brawl, don't think I'm getting anything else in the interim barring a sale.

[quote name='botticus']Probably because there's something wrong with your remote or sensor bar.
[/QUOTE]

Not if it's just the golf giving him problems. That's widely noted in reviews to have issues with putting.

That and boxing are the only thing in Wii Sports that are flaky for me. Bowling, Tennis and baseball are spot on.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Not if it's just the golf giving him problems. That's widely noted in reviews to have issues with putting.

That and boxing are the only thing in Wii Sports that are flaky for me. Bowling, Tennis and baseball are spot on.[/quote]He was also having problems with bowling.

Putting has always been for crap.

Or, you know, it could've been the drinking. ;)

Anyway, I played some RE4 last night, which I admit took some adjustment after a month-long non-stop 360 bender. It was good, though, since it inspired me to want to go back and finally finish up Tomb Raider Anniversary, which I've been meaning to do.

I'm working on RE4, which is very difficult, because I'm a huge pussy re: horror games. I've also got Eternal Darkness to play...
[quote name='bmulligan']Last night I threw in Wii Sports to play a round of drunk golf. I haven't played this in 6-8 months and I'll probably never play it again becuase it sucks. I'm sick of overshooting 10 foot putts because the wiimote isn't sensitive enough to register a light swing.
[/quote]I generally have the opposite problem with golf - it's too sensitive. You can't put any real power behind your swings. Any sort of backswing whatsoever puts me way over the meter.

[quote name='The Crotch']
I generally have the opposite problem with golf - it's too sensitive. You can't put any real power behind your swings. Any sort of backswing whatsoever puts me way over the meter.[/QUOTE]

It's a crap shoot for me. Sometimes I hit it way to hard. Some times way to easy. There's just no way to be consistent with the putting.

Last year, yes, that's right, last January. I got it, played it a week then played my xbox 360. In September, I bought the halo edition xbox 360 and now play that all day, every day. COD4 has been keeping me busy.

With Endless Ocean purchased on Saturday, mine has been and will continue to be on ALOT! Prob 2-3 hours a day. A 45 minute dive seems like it takes 5 minutes.

Anyway before that though ti was a while. I beat ME last friday, then threw in Galaxy and beat that. After Endless Ocean it prob won't see much until Smash comes out.

As to Wii Golf: I played it once and only once for about 15 minutes. Worst WiiSports game IMO. (They all pretty much suck IMO but can be entertainign wth groups).

This morning. I use my Wii every day, if only for web-browsing. I have a 14 game backlog (counting Wii, GC, and VC games together) so I have plently to play. I'm hoping to get that down to at least 10 before SSBB gets here.

[quote name='greyweather']This morning. I use my Wii every day, if only for web-browsing. I have a 14 game backlog (counting Wii, GC, and VC games together) so I have plently to play. I'm hoping to get that down to at least 10 before SSBB gets here.[/quote]
Join the club. I have a game backlog that dates back to 1989.

One day, Faxanadu. One day.

[quote name='Cambot']Join the club. I have a game backlog that dates back to 1989.

One day, Faxanadu. One day.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

I have never had a chance to play that yet.

whats the wii....?

oh that machine i bought to play zelda twilight princess

i predict the next time i turn it on will be march 9, unless its pushed back again

I used it earlier today to check the weather (which is insane right now).. before that, last week for Endless Ocean, before that for Mario Galaxy.. before that, it was months, probably when RE4 came out.

At some point in December I played some Galaxy.

Strangely my Ps2 has seen the most playtime as of late. Been getting some serious RPG love from me. Guess I got burned out on shooters on the 360, and wanted something with a bit more substance, and none of the current generation systems seem to provide that yet.

I played Mario Galaxy again yesterday with Luigi's play through. However before that I really only just check out the voting channel and check out how much Mii's there are in the Mii parade.

umm 2 months ago? The last game I played was Umbrella Chronicles I think, it's been a while lol. Even if i wanted to play it now I couldn't I left it at my parent's house. I will pick it up when my copy of brawl is shipped.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']whats the wii....?

oh that machine i bought to play zelda twilight princess

i predict the next time i turn it on will be march 9, unless its pushed back again[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say.

I played Red Steel for about an hour last night. I also played more of Resident Evil 4. I'm almost done with it, on Chapter 5-2, but I've owned it since October. I just imagine those people last weekend rushing through the game and I think that I probably should've beaten it by now. It's the first RE game that I've ever played so if I can use that as an excuse I will. I think my play time for it has been about 13 hours or so. I'm taking my time and whatnot, but I do that for all the games I own.

A few minutes ago, the damn thing woke me up in the middle of last night by flickering at me because it got a message from Nintendo. After that, I don't know. I have a ton of games to go through that are really good, but I'm trying to be halfway responsible and do actual work first.

PS: Do your Wii's 'flicker' when they get a message? I know my friend's glows gradually when she gets a message, but then another friend told me it flickers to show how many messages you have. Mine always flickers 2-3 times, but I only had one message.

[quote name='VioletArrows']PS: Do your Wii's 'flicker' when they get a message? I know my friend's glows gradually when she gets a message, but then another friend told me it flickers to show how many messages you have. Mine always flickers 2-3 times, but I only had one message.[/QUOTE]
I think it flickers for messages from Nintendo, and glows for messages from your friends.

--R.J.

My Wii isn't even plugged in anymore. Last time I played it was a while back, trying out a few GC games. As for actual Wii games, I haven't played since Super Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back