Who got the props? 5ft, Evil Dee & BuckshOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tiredfornow']wtf? :rofl:

I think thats everywhere, buddy. Cops just aren't always around to do somethin' about it and if the cop wants to be an asshole he'll pull you over for passing the white line without completely stopping.[/quote]

[quote name='Maklershed']My brother got a ticket for that reason a few years ago. There's a stop sign that's recessed far back from the road. So like everyone else does there, he rolled slowly past the stop sign to the edge of the road and stopped (where you can actually see) and then went. The cop behind him didn't like that and pulled him over and ticketed him.

If he does he does, it's no loss to you to fight and lose.[/quote]

Thats pretty stupid. If the white line is too far back, shouldn't you be able to go farther to see if anyone is coming?

I also heard you can get a ticket if a stop sign is not visible or is missing, and you fail to stop.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I remember when Alicia Silverstone told her foreign maid that she didn't speak Mexican in that one movie where shes a high school kid w/ Stacey Dash:)drool:).

Thats about the only time I've ever heard someone say ''I don't speak Mexican''.[/QUOTE]

Clueless?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Not in NY, it doesn't. Ticket = Fine + Court Fees.[/quote]

Well it should say on the summons if they court fees count towards the fine. If not, it's something worth looking up. They make it easy to contest in PA I guess.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I remember when Alicia Silverstone told her foreign maid that she didn't speak Mexican in that one movie where shes a high school kid w/ Stacey Dash:)drool:).

Thats about the only time I've ever heard someone say ''I don't speak Mexican''.[/quote]

Clueless.

EDIT: Damn you lordwow!

[quote name='tiredfornow']wtf? :rofl:[/quote]

Off-topic, but did those codes work for you? Let a $$$$uh know.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Snyder pays his coaches & staff way too much. 3 mil for Asst. Coach, while some head coaches don't get that.[/quote]

True. Everyone there makes too much.

[quote name='Maklershed']My brother got a ticket for that reason a few years ago. There's a stop sign that's recessed far back from the road. So like everyone else does there, he rolled slowly past the stop sign to the edge of the road and stopped (where you can actually see) and then went. The cop behind him didn't like that and pulled him over and ticketed him.

If he does he does, it's no loss to you to fight and lose.[/quote]

(A) you have a brother?! whoa.
(B) true, mostly, though Mix may end up in contempt and that's some extra fine-age. :p

[quote name='Moxio']I suppose you're right. I'm just concerned whether or not he actually has video of me "not stopping".[/quote]

Depends on the credability of your passenger too -- granted, video would silence anything, but the Judge is more likely to believe a cop over someone fighting the ticket and their buddy who was in the car with them, I'd wager.

[quote name='Maklershed']
If he does he does, it's no loss to you to fight and lose.[/QUOTE]

Well I just called the court and she said that even fighting the ticket won't do any good; all it'll do is potentially reduce the fee and it'll still go on my record. :roll: Wow, looks like the cop's are infallible around here, huh? :bomb:

However, she offered a Deferral where if I go for 1 yr without any tickets it won't go on my record. :bouncy: Costs $150, though, but my fine was $124 anyways.

[quote name='Maklershed']Well it should say on the summons if they court fees count towards the fine. If not, it's something worth looking up. They make it easy to contest in PA I guess.[/quote]

I also meant to note that just because the cop doesn't show doesn't mean your case gets thrown out -- if the judge is being a prick, it can just be rescheduled and you get to try to come back and fight it again. Ask chika sometime about that one.

They're sitting on my desk, frosty. I'll get around to 'em sooner or later, but I'm sure they work. : )

Thanks a lot, Mang McMuffin.

Anomynous is the one I'm worried about though... I sent the dude two 1600 points cards and a year of Live for free and he says he never got them! :(

Did you stop completely? If not why would you fight it? :roll:

But I'd go to court certainly. If the cop doesn't show (don't hold your breath) I think you can plea not guilty and it's thrown out. Otherwise hope the judge is nice and donks off the points.

[quote name='Moxio']I suppose you're right. I'm just concerned whether or not he actually has video of me "not stopping".[/quote]
Sorry to hear about the ticket. From what I've learned during grand jury, a LOT of the cops these days keep the cameras on a lot of the time. And this is GA. In NY I don't know if the cops are more cut throat or less. I'm guessing more, the cops here are pretty chill. The judges on the other hand...

[quote name='Maklershed']If he does he does, it's no loss to you to fight and lose.[/quote]That depends on the judge. If the cop shows and has tape of the 'stop' and Moxio makes the cop appear to fight it... that judge may be upset at wasting the courts' time. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I also meant to note that just because the cop doesn't show doesn't mean your case gets thrown out -- if the judge is being a prick, it can just be rescheduled and you get to try to come back and fight it again. Ask chika sometime about that one.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Did she formally plea Not Guilty and the judge still did that?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

what?[/quote]

Wut?

5 days of stumble off my face. Feels good.

Ummm...bitches?

[quote name='wubb']Did you stop completely? If not why would you fight it? :roll:

But I'd go to court certainly. If the cop doesn't show (don't hold your breath) I think you can plea not guilty and it's thrown out. Otherwise hope the judge is nice and donks off the points.[/QUOTE]

I meant fighting as in hopes the cop doesn't show up / judge is nice. But like I typed earlier it doesn't matter either way, still goes on my record even if I fight.

But I suppose I have a solution. ^_^

[quote name='Moxio']Well I just called the court and she said that even fighting the ticket won't do any good; all it'll do is potentially reduce the fee and it'll still go on my record. :roll: Wow, looks like the cop's are infallible around here, huh? :bomb:

However, she offered a Deferral where if I go for 1 yr without any tickets it won't go on my record. :bouncy: Costs $150, though, but my fine was $124 anyways.[/quote]

I figured about $150 up there somewhere. ;)
Go for that, if it's easy enough. At least you don't have to track down the DA to try to get a plea (my god, was that ever a fun experience... especially since the DA's office was slow... so on a Saturday night, due 3.5 hours upstate Monday morning, I had to call the judge at home to tell him I wouldn't be showing up on Monday, my plea agreement was signed and on it's way back to the DA so please don't hold me in contempt, or worse, issue a warrant for my arrest.)

What the hell is the OTT recap. I still havent had a chance to see all the new features on 2.0. All I know is now CAG runs like ass on my blackberry.

Cheapy get on that. NOW!

And Booo that it was very mediocre.

Ya Moxio, that's what happened here. My Mom got a parking ticket because the meter was broken (which means you shouldn't get ticketed for it.) It was a $25 fine, and the court said it'd be a $20 court fee to fight it, plus she'd need to take a day off from work and pay (again) to park in the city. Lame.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wut?

5 days of stumble off my face. Feels good.

Ummm...bitches?[/quote]

Stubble, You just like to make up your own words dont ya? Soodbangawagon

[quote name='tiredfornow']Are you singing along in Mexican to that song you're playing, joe?[/quote]

I just plain dont like mexicans, its a lifestyle choice that they're forcing on regular god-fearing people. Its just not right :nottalking:

By the way.

Since my dad is a cop, I have police stickers all over my girls and I's cars.

I wont get pulled over even when out right breaking the law.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Oh man, you guys have totally got to get on this guest-written episode of Ass the OTT Turns!!

And don't forget to enter the newly extended Design the Ass the OTT Turns Banner contest!! Your mom will be disappointed if you don't![/quote]

Oooh extended contest...I still want to see if I can come up with a design.

----

Anyone else get UTIII from Amazon? It's got split-screen co-op so I'm in.

[quote name='wubb']Interesting. Did she formally plea Not Guilty and the judge still did that?[/quote]

Yeah -- we were on the way home from looking at houses back in 2006... it was rainy and there was a speed limit drop that wasn't overly noticeable from 55 to 45.

Still going 55 we hit the edge of the next town where the speed limit dropped to 35. I saw the cop coming, I saw the speed limit sign, and I stammered something of this to Chika. She tried to slow down, but the cop tagger her. something like 52 in a 35.

Chika showed up and plead not guilty, as the cop said something to the effect of "i have to issue you this ticket, but if you come to fight it, i'll reduce it for you then." So she showed up. Cop didn't. Judge was pissy about the "seriousness" of the speeding and it wouldn't be dismissed so easily, rescheduling the hearing.

Chika showed for that one and the cop didn't again -- this time the judge gave her a stern warning and she got off scott-free.

Or something like that -- I may have some details off, but that's the gist.

Didn't they break out in the first season? Should change its name to Prison Broke. Then back to break if they get thrown in again.

[quote name='Soodmeg']By the way.

Since my dad is a cop, I have police stickers all over my girls and I's cars.

I wont get pulled over even when out right breaking the law.[/quote]

Those stickers suck. I got pulled over last year for going 10 over the speed limit even when I had the sticker :(.

[quote name='joe2187']Stubble, You just like to make up your own words dont ya? Soodbangawagon
[/quote]

Wait...wut? I am pretty sure stubble is a word. I fail enough at putting sentences together on my own joe dont confuse me more. :lol:

[quote name='becuzimbrown']I think Prison Break is getting worse and worse. It feels like the show is going nowhere.[/quote]

Wait...so it doesnt stop after season 3? I thought it was going to be the last season.

I thought this for reason I can not explain as I do not currently know them.

[quote name='st0neface']Didn't they break out in the first season? Should change its name to Prison Broke. Then back to break if they get thrown in again.[/quote]

Yea but he
keeps getting thrown in jail

[quote name='Soodmeg']What the hell is the OTT recap. I still havent had a chance to see all the new features on 2.0. All I know is now CAG runs like ass on my blackberry.

Cheapy get on that. NOW!

And Booo that it was very mediocre.[/quote]

BSB has the "ASS THE OTT TURNS" recap blog.

Baldy$$$$uhInCharge somehow lost mobile CAG and the iPhone style as well in the upgrade. Shit breaks Chikuh's pearl. Runs slow as hell on my iPhone.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya Moxio, that's what happened here. My Mom got a parking ticket because the meter was broken (which means you shouldn't get ticketed for it.) It was a $25 fine, and the court said it'd be a $20 court fee to fight it, plus she'd need to take a day off from work and pay (again) to park in the city. Lame.[/quote]

Sometimes the police need to meet their quotas, and they're going to come up with bullshit tickets. And most of the time, you're going to have to pay money one way or the other. That's just how the system works.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wait...wut? I am pretty sure stubble is a word. I fail enough at putting sentences together on my own joe dont confuse me more. :lol:

Wait...so it doesnt stop after season 3? I thought it was going to be the last season.

I thought this for reason I can not explain as I do not currently know them.[/quote]

Im pretty sure there was a cliffhanger at the end of the last episode. I don't know if the show got cancelled or something.

[quote name='st0neface']Didn't they break out in the first season? Should change its name to Prison Broke. Then back to break if they get thrown in again.[/QUOTE]

They're back in prison in season 3. However they should just rename the show 'The Company' since basically the whole show revolves around them.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Those stickers suck. I got pulled over last year for going 10 over the speed limit even when I had the sticker :(.[/QUOTE]

You're brown. They probably thought you stole the car.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wait...wut? I am pretty sure stubble is a word. I fail enough at putting sentences together on my own joe dont confuse me more. :lol:[/QUOTE]

you said stumble

[quote name='Moxio']They're back in prison in season 3. However they should just rename the show 'The Company' since basically the whole show revolves around them.[/quote]

Indeed. I was so interested on how they were going to break out and stay out toward the end of the 2nd season I was getting really bored with it.

[quote name='st0neface']you said stumble[/quote]
Ahh, that will do it.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']The cop was asian![/quote]

Mine works all the time. I watch police pull up behind me and read my plate then drive away.

Maybe its my Jamaican charm. And I told you that they wouldnt work if you drove naked everywhere. No one wants to see your little brown.

[quote name='joe2187']Hahahaahahahahaa @ Mama Mia trying to compete with The Dark Knight[/quote]

If your girl's not feeling Batman, she could see that. It wants the Sex in the City crowd.

I shoulda kept the 2.5 wk beard I was sporting yesterday; when the cop pulled me over I was definitely red eyed (6 hours of sleep? fuck that!) and I was wearing home clothes, meaning basketball shorts and an old t-shirt. The beard woulda topped everything off. :cool:

[quote name='wubb']Did you stop completely? If not why would you fight it? :roll:[/QUOTE]I knowingly parked where I didn't have a permit on campus, got ticketed, and appealed. I got my fine reduced 60%.

Challenging it is always worth it if there's even a little gray area.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Season 3 was good, but not nearly as good as the first two seasons (S.2 was the best of all three).[/QUOTE]

I think we've debated this before, but how is 2 better than 1 at all? 1 was the best season of any TV show in history. :cool:

Speaking of which, this summer sucks for television. Everything is in the fall. Except Avatar, which is like in two weeks or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back