Woot.com's Shirt of the days

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
I was just recently informed about this site and thought it may be beneficial to some cags out there..

Anyways, it's at http://shirt.woot.com/ and each day they offer a new shirt

Until the amount of shirts are sold out for that day (could be any amount of time), they are sold for $10 shipped...unless you want overnight shipping for +$5

If they are sold out or you want to order a previous shirt (either from prior this week or people's favorites), you have a "2nd Chance" to get it but it's $15 at http://www.shirtsonsale.info/2007/10/shirtwoot-15-tees-friends-links-updated_9704.html

Pic of the 3/2 shirt:

32.jpg

One last thing...it's almost sure I won't be able to post the new shirt offered on woot each day (becomes available at 12:01 AM), so if others could do so that would be great

[quote name='xmrblondex']not this one, no. People vote for the friday, saturday and sunday ones.

Weekday ones are chosen by woot.com[/quote]

Friday isn't a weekday? :)

So Woot went today "Look at this crap! No one will ever want this so let's try to sell them!"

[quote name='bigdaddy']Friday isn't a weekday? :)

So Woot went today "Look at this crap! No one will ever want this so let's try to sell them!"[/quote]

I like to think of my fridays as weekends :) Makes them more fun!

Actually, they had an artist create something and they liked it so it went up. Questionable, yes, but some people in the discussion thread seemed to like it.

Ordering one.

Damn. I'm too paranoid about a Large shrinking too much. I'm gonna go to American Apparel tomorrow and try on some shirts, then order tomorrow. HOPEFULLY they don't sell out.

Just got the last shirt I ordered, the zombie garden one...haven't washed it to see the shrink (purposely ordered a higher size for this reason) but I love how big the image is on it - lot more ink than majority of places care to put

As for today's shirt: I like the design but I'm gunna pass on this one

I got only 1 shirt so far. I normally wear everything 2XL, so I ordered a 2XL from woot but their shirts are like tight, not sure if they are supposed to be like that. im gonna try 3XL next time just because I like my shirts to be baggy...not ones that show off my love handles

American Apparel are more of the "vintage" style tees - probably best to order a size bigger on everything and wash it in cold water. It's a thinner material too - they're comfy as hell though.

[quote name='JJSP']American Apparel are more of the "vintage" style tees - probably best to order a size bigger on everything and wash it in cold water. It's a thinner material too - they're comfy as hell though.[/QUOTE]

I wash everything in cold water (besides towels, jeans, sweatshirts, etc) because I'm a lazy college student. I also dry everything because I don't have anywhere to hang stuff. So, this shirt will get dried on medium probably, thus I want to get a shirt that's big on me now rather than one that fits just right before a wash.

huge image on that one...

as for wearing these woot shirts in public, I was asked what's up with the bird on the [zombie garden] shirt, werid to say the least

wtf. woot shirts make my night and for the past few days they have just been breaking my heart. A black eagle w/ its eyes crossed out and maybe a hidden message through the lower case letters "tit" ?

[quote name='homeland']wtf. woot shirts make my night and for the past few days they have just been breaking my heart. A black eagle w/ its eyes crossed out and maybe a hidden message through the lower case letters "tit" ?[/quote]

LOL :applause:....I just thought they were trying to do a "dot the i's and cross the t's" thing, but still a lackluster design for a shirt :0

[quote name='bigdaddy']Today's 3D Lion is also... WTF?![/QUOTE]

Pics are nice. ;)

3D_Lion29pStandard.jpg

I would need mass quantities of weed and shrooms to want this shirt.

[quote name='Callandor']Pics are nice. ;)
[/quote]

This is a link to the site on the OP, just click and you can see. :p

verrrrry tempting.

ah yes. it's mine. couldn't resist. i'm a bit surprised that the design has four hearts instead of the gutwrenching-crapineedanotherheartcontainer three.

The color is supposed to be cream, even though it looks light pink. I ordered one, but I'm a girl Zelda fan so cream/light pink, I'm cool either way. I'm always down for girly gamer shirts.

For anyone who's worried about the color, this is what it looks like on the American Apparel site:

serve.asp

It looks much less pink there, and was motivation enough for me to go in for one. :D

I swear, when they have really good shirts they must print 3 of them. :\ I was up at 4:00 because I couldn't sleep, and it was already sold out.

^
yeah you really gotta be up at 12:00 central to really have a shot at everything they post. I didn't pick one up because I didn't digg the color but it was bound to sell fast just because its 10$ & based on a VG.

One of the perks of working mids. 1am est time rolls around its shirt.woot time. Otherwise no way in hell would I be up waiting on a shirt.

I agree homeland waiting for a 10$ tshirt doesn't make much sense. Woot does have some good offers like a month ago i picked myself up a Dyson vacuum for 250$.

Glanced at it on my psp in the morning...didn't figure it out til later that it was a Zelda-inspired shirt (as yeah-yeah mentioned, it must've been the iconic 3 hearts)

Still didn't see anything special in the shirt though, even if it was made up by as an inspiration for the great, Legend of Zelda series

In regards to how Daisy is related to Zelda...maybe where Nintendo got the names (just found this out the other day):
Fitzgerald, writer of the Great Gatsby, wrote about a lover he couldn't get to in his book Daisy...In real life, he had that same relationship with a lover but her name was Zelda

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']For anyone who's worried about the color, this is what it looks like on the American Apparel site:

serve.asp

It looks much less pink there, and was motivation enough for me to go in for one. :D[/QUOTE]

See, if I'd checked the thread later and seen that, I would've bought the shirt. :(

Oh well. Ordered the genome shirt.

Can't figure out how to upload pics on photobucket now, they changed up the system..

Greatly appreciated if someone could post the pic though

edt: thanks naiku

Just got my first woot shirt today. In college and reminds me of the good ol' days. And to non-gamers who see it, its just a duck with gun. The colors are better than the normal black or white shirts as well.

How old do you have to be to stop enjoying these?

I'm 27 and I jumped all over this one.

I think this might be my first buy. It's funny for people who understand it, and people who don't won't think I'm a complete lunatic. I might get the Plan B shirt from the back catalog while I'm at it.

just found out about the derby...there you can vote for other designs (the fri/sat/sun) ones

vote for the ones you like at: shirt.woot.com/derby

bread's done
Back