XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Outrun9']If you buy games from the Scratch & Match loser deals do they appear in your download history? Im planning to get Bomberman Battlefest[/QUOTE]
Yes, got Raskulls a few weeks back and it's there.

looks like i am getting a lot of things this week.
still cant believe that i was able to download the starwars game on my american account when i cant even get it on my main account lol, and yet no resident evil the other day because of region lock.
why are there region locks on game on demand games?

I think SW gets such a bad rap because it had really high expectaions. I own the CE (got it at target for 20) and I enjoyed it. I just wish microsoft would do more 800 point GODs since they've done 3 and I already owned 2 of those.

And I'm not sure why people are so rough on Deadblock. I had to peel myself away from it as I've been playing it for a couple hours now and really enjoying it.

I really wanna download Force Unleashed II for some reason but Jojo comes out tommorow. Oh well, if I wanna play it, it won't be difficult tracking down a cheap copy.

Purchase TFU2. I rented it before and was disappointed in the length of the game but worth the 10 to do another play through and the dlc that I had all ready purchased.

Bomberman Battlefest was a neat surprise for the app. Every week I get excited from its potential and this week was pretty great.

The actual DotW, I'll have to do some thinking. If anyone pushes me hard on any of the games, I'll probably cave. Until then, they seem pretty average to me.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I really wanna download Force Unleashed II for some reason but Jojo comes out tommorow. Oh well, if I wanna play it, it won't be difficult tracking down a cheap copy.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. As a cag it wounds me to hear a person passing up one of the few good deals we get to pounce on a hugely overpriced arcade game.

To each his own but can't help feeling that buying another $20 xbla after minecraft is setting a bad example for the future.

I agree Jojo is overpriced but I really want it and I'll get at least a month of extensive play out of it (and that's only because Tekken Tag 2 and marvel vs Capcom origins are coming out soon). Force Unleashed II would be done and forgotten by this time next week.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Purchase TFU2. I rented it before and was disappointed in the length of the game but worth the 10 to do another play through and the dlc that I had all ready purchased.[/QUOTE]
Awww, dangit ... almost convinced myself that I didn't need SWFU2, but then I remembered I've yet to take out Han on Endor because he shoots first. You win this time, game featuring clones carrying lightsabers in their bacta tubes! :)

fuck, I forgot to buy Tony Hawk for my possible 400msp back! (got 2 other games from trade thread rather than actually "buying" them from the Marketplace)

[quote name='bardockkun'][quote name='Outrun9']If you buy games from the Scratch & Match loser deals do they appear in your download history? Im planning to get Bomberman Battlefest[/QUOTE]
Yes, got Raskulls a few weeks back and it's there.[/QUOTE]
If it's there, it's only because they hand-copied that purchase history over to your regular history, but it's still broken. I just accidentally repurchased "Bomberman Live", and now I'm going to see how long it will take before i get credited that 400pts back ... if I do at all. :)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The actual DotW, I'll have to do some thinking. If anyone pushes me hard on any of the games, I'll probably cave. Until then, they seem pretty average to me.[/QUOTE]
Well, for 1 thing, "TNT Racers", as well as "SkyDrift" + DLC, should qualify towards the 1600pts of "sports-related content" for this month's Xbox Rewards. Going to find out right now ...

... though pretty sad to read that people who qualified via pinball games are getting the 240pts yanked. :(

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Well, looks like I'm not getting Jojo this week. If anyone received a mrysterious 160 points last week, check your account, they just took it back. :([/QUOTE]

Lol. My account now shows a balance of 4294967226 msp.

[quote name='emg28']Lol. My account now shows a balance of 4294967226 msp.[/QUOTE]

That has happened to someone in this thread before, lots of people posted to contact Microsoft to make them aware of the error.

Personally, I'd buy everything in the marketplace, lol.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Debating on Faery: legend of avalaon and/or deadblock any feedback on either?[/QUOTE]

debating the same games... any one comment on those? are they worth these sale prices?

[quote name='emg28']Lol. My account now shows a balance of 4294967226 msp.[/QUOTE]

This is worthy of a screenshot, even if it's a poor quality one.

Wow at Jojo's price. Greedy much, Capcom?
And then we have classic games like Ikaruga, Guardian Heroes, Castlevania SotN, REZ and tons others priced at 800MSP...

I can see after the huge success of Minecraft, other developers gonna try with this price tag. They will fail for obvious reason.

[quote name='KaneRobot']This is worthy of a screenshot, even if it's a poor quality one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaneRobot']This is worthy of a screenshot, even if it's a poor quality one.[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the big ass pic.

58B11C12-FDA9-409F-BD69-A0D617D364FC-2210-000001E3FAC2E130.jpg

Might not be the right place to ask, but anyone buy/play cs:go?

I haven't played cs for so many years now, I wouldn't want to know how many hours I played it. But since it's only 1200msp and my bro is trying to push me into getting it, I was just wondering your guys thoughts on it.

^ PC version is the best choice here. Not only the controls are much better, but the game will get huge support from developers + mods, unlike 360 version.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']debating the same games... any one comment on those? are they worth these sale prices?[/QUOTE]
I mentioned it earlier but I'm really enjoying Deadblock. Going to pick up the DLC as well. Put about 3-4 hours into it yesterday. Fun game you can pick up for 10 minutes and walk away or play for a while as I did. Not sure what all the negative reviews are all about.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Well, looks like I'm not getting Jojo this week. If anyone received a mrysterious 160 points last week, check your account, they just took it back. :([/QUOTE]

Not the first time I've had that happen. A few months back they added 1300 points to my account. I just figured i had won one of their various contest. As soon as i went to purchase something, the points disappeared

The Xbox forum is awash with people complaining about this. The Reward Team have already come out and said this has nothing to do with the Rewards scheme itself. So must be either a system error or some other ill-timed, underadvertised promo.

[quote name='Sath666']^ PC version is the best choice here. Not only the controls are much better, but the game will get huge support from developers + mods, unlike 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the PS3 version will get the mods as well.

Are the GOD daily deals 7 days a week? I've only started to notice them and was curious if they are consistently having daily GOD deals or if it comes and goes without much rhyme or reason.

[quote name='panda911']I really wish you had more than 45 mins for the CS:GO trial.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Its actually pretty fun. Will def. buy once it hits 800 MSP or less.

I have been waiting for skydrift, that is a fun game. Gunstringers dlc is a great deal. Nice I can spend some points on something I want. Anyone recommend skydrift dlc?

[quote name='panda911']I really wish you had more than 45 mins for the CS:GO trial.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Exactly. Its actually pretty fun. Will def. buy once it hits 800 MSP or less.[/QUOTE]

Really? The Tony Hawk demo is less than 2 minutes. 45 minutes sounds pretty generous to me. If you seriously want more than 45 minutes of the game, you should probably just buy it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Really? The Tony Hawk demo is less than 2 minutes. 45 minutes sounds pretty generous to me. If you seriously want more than 45 minutes of the game, you should probably just buy it.[/QUOTE]

Whne you compare it to that, then yeah 45 minutes sounds like 5 hours. With 45 minutes you can get quite a few matches. Im in no need for another shooter, but this game is really good. Better than gotham imposters imo. Ill wait for that 600 price tag.

[quote name='Sath666']Can you buy things with the currently glitched points ballance?[/QUOTE]

No. My balance is actually -70 points. I guess I just received an interest-free loan from MS (enough to buy some SR3 DLC).

[quote name='emg28']No. My balance is actually -70 points. I guess I just received an interest-free loan from MS (enough to buy some SR3 DLC).[/QUOTE]

Heh, mixing signed and unsigned ints. Bravo, Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back