XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GamerDude316']will these deals be active all day tomorrow? I'm interested in Harley Quinn, Leviathan, Forza pack (just got the game for $15 from MS Store) and Bastion.[/QUOTE]
Bastion is ending any minute now. But as for the others, I should add the expected end-time. Added approximate times for the 1-day sales ... in the case of Friday's 1-day sale, it should last until approximately Saturday @ 2am PST.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']question about the forza car pack atr they in game already and have to be unlocked ? or you can only get them from purchasing this pack ?[/QUOTE]

All the cars in Forza and Forza Horizon car packs can only be obtained by buying the DLC. They will show up in your in-game car list, but with a DLC icon over them and you won't be able to buy or use them. They can't be unlocked via gameplay.

Note that in both Forza and Forza Horizon, even after you buy the DLC you won't get those cars in your garage, you will still need to buy them with in game credits if you want to use them in the career mode. You can still use them in multiplayer and free player modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Batshit crazy time for overlapping sales on xblm right now. For those who got back from Thursday night with 1600 points cards, before the ten year sale ended, this is like a steam sale on cocaine. And cocaine is a hell of a drug.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Batshit crazy time for overlapping sales on xblm right now. For those who got back from Thursday night with 1600 points cards, before the ten year sale ended, this is like a steam sale on cocaine. And cocaine is a hell of a drug.[/QUOTE]

Yup, half price games and half price points would make stuff effectively 75% off I guess.

[quote name='johnpap']Can someone pls tell me for how much you bought these 1600 MSP cards?[/QUOTE]

They're ringing up at $10 at Target.

[quote name='panda911']The bf deals are terrible[/QUOTE]
I will buy that Quantum Conarsedrum... whatever I will never spell that right rofl

[quote name='emg28']They're ringing up at $10 at Target.[/QUOTE]

LOL that's a steal price!
thanks

RE: 1600 point cards at Target on Black Friday

The reason that some people are getting the deal and others aren't is because some cards are older/newer and didn't update. They look exactly like the other cards that work (with a female avatar in the lower right hand corner), but the sku on the back in the upper right corner is different. (There might be other cards out there, but this is all my location had).

The good barcode reads: 799366723110
The bad barcode reads: 799366774389

[quote name='Cornelius']Bastion is ending any minute now. But as for the others, I should add the expected end-time. Added approximate times for the 1-day sales ... in the case of Friday's 1-day sale, it should last until approximately Saturday @ 2am PST.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, planning to go on a downloading frenzy tonight when I get home from work!

Castle Crashers...worth 600 MSP?

[quote name='Guerrilla']RE: 1600 point cards at Target on Black Friday

The reason that some people are getting the deal and others aren't is because some cards are older/newer and didn't update. They look exactly like the other cards that work (with a female avatar in the lower right hand corner), but the sku on the back in the upper right corner is different. (There might be other cards out there, but this is all my location had).

The good barcode reads: 799366723110
The bad barcode reads: 799366774389[/QUOTE]
Mine rang up as $10 and my barcode didn't match either of those. With red card savings I got 10 for $95.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Is Harley Quinn a DLC or separate arcade game? I see it's an add-on, but the picture says Arcade on top of it.[/QUOTE]

It's DLC.

[quote name='Dark Rider']These deals are not very good. Especially considering last year's were better. Let's hope for a good set of Cyber Monday deals![/QUOTE]
Last year didn't have a 10th Anniversary sale right before it ... which reminds me, removing those links from the OP now. :whistle2:(

How I feel after picking up 10x 1600 points cards:

buy_all_things-400x300.jpg

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Batshit crazy time for overlapping sales on xblm right now. For those who got back from Thursday night with 1600 points cards, before the ten year sale ended, this is like a steam sale on cocaine. And cocaine is a hell of a drug.[/QUOTE]

And things like this, even when it's not quite at this level of insane, are why people who want Microsoft points done away with are idiots. If/when they switch to real money only, you will never see opportunities like this again.

Whatever paltry 80 points or whatever that someone may have left over after a purchase is nothing compared to how much you can save when something like this comes up.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Whatever paltry 80 points or whatever that someone may have left over after a purchase is nothing compared to how much you can save when something like this comes up.[/QUOTE]

Yea I've never understood this argument either. Do people not realize that if they had 80msp left in their account if they did the same transaction in real money it would still be the same $1? It just completely baffles me at the stupidity of the complaint. IF they switched to dollars instead of points they would still make you buy them in $5 increments so you would be in the EXACT same predicament.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yea I've never understood this argument either. Do people not realize that if they had 80msp left in their account if they did the same transaction in real money it would still be the same $1? It just completely baffles me at the stupidity of the complaint. IF they switched to dollars instead of points they would still make you buy them in $5 increments so you would be in the EXACT same predicament.[/QUOTE]

I think that is just way too logical for a lot of people to understand.

[quote name='LordVila']How I feel after picking up 10x 1600 points cards:

buy_all_things-400x300.jpg
[/QUOTE]

*high five*

My sis was able to get me 2, 2 for my bro, and 10 for my other sis (she writes about & review games for work) all for $9 each since she gets discounts working at Target. :applause:

I still have hella unused points and with 2 more 1600 msp, I have no idea what to get lol. I might get Bully, I don't know yet lol.

[quote name='Dund3r']How is Harley Quinn's Revenge? Is it a good deal at that discounted price?[/QUOTE]

Don't bother just get the disc GOTY version for $15 at target

[quote name='KaneRobot']And things like this, even when it's not quite at this level of insane, are why people who want Microsoft points done away with are idiots. If/when they switch to real money only, you will never see opportunities like this again.

Whatever paltry 80 points or whatever that someone may have left over after a purchase is nothing compared to how much you can save when something like this comes up.[/QUOTE]
I've never said it should be removed, but it should obviously be an option to pay with real money like they currently do for Games on Demand games. Hell, they should even offer exact change for both points and dollars so that you could get some use out of leftover points. Call me an idiot if you want, but I don't think there's any reason for anybody to be against this sort of idea.

I had no clue this points deal was even happening and there's no way I could have gotten in on it if I did, which always seems to be the case for these sorts of deals.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Don't bother just get the disc GOTY version for $15 at target[/QUOTE]

I already own the standard edition and bought cheap Microsoft points today , just want to know if that piece of dlc is worth it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've never said it should be removed, but it should obviously be an option to pay with real money like they currently do for Games on Demand games. Hell, they should even offer exact change for both points and dollars so that you could get some use out of leftover points. Call me an idiot if you want, but I don't think there's any reason for anybody to be against this sort of idea.
[/QUOTE]

Well there would BE a point against this (at least for other people the US)..since we have the option for GoD t use MSP instead of money this would really bother me since whenever a game goes on sale all the price changes are never correct over here if they convert the € sale price to MSP...we (almost) always have to spend more € and more MSP then americans with their Dollar....so if I don't want to set up a Hungarian Account to get all my digital content much cheaper on there this would be a worse idea.

For Example Resident Evil 4 is 1600 MSP when you convert it to MSP right? Wrong! We have to pay more than 1600 MSP if we convert the price to MSP over here...if it had the same option this would also be true for DLC or Arcade Games. No Arcade Game would be 800 or 1200 MSP from the beginning, we would always end up paying more than that

[quote name='DarkZion']I feel like I'm the only person who didn't get any Microsoft Points on sale.[/QUOTE]

You still can! Do it! It's good until tomorrow @ 11pm. I'm not sure which cards ring up right, I only saw some at the register section with the avatar girl on it, but most everyone says they ring up $10 automatically.

If Target gives you any grief just grab an ad and go to Wal-mart. I brought 3 of the avatar-girl cards to the electronics section register with the Target ad and they PM'd it no problem. $30 OTD.

I'm so tempted to buy more, there's so many out there! Who can say no to a 50% off everything sale? Not this guy :)

[quote name='Kerig']You still can! Do it! It's good until tomorrow @ 11pm. I'm not sure which cards ring up right, I only saw some at the register section with the avatar girl on it, but most everyone says they ring up $10 automatically.

If Target gives you any grief just grab an ad and go to Wal-mart. I brought 3 of the avatar-girl cards to the electronics section register with the Target ad and they PM'd it no problem. $30 OTD.

I'm so tempted to buy more, there's so many out there! Who can say no to a 50% off everything sale? Not this guy :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't try going because I figured they'd have been all cleaned out. Places actually still have some?

Do any of the Forza packs have new tracks in them? Or is it only cars added? This question goes for Horizon or Forza 4. Not that big of a car junkie, but new tracks would get me to buy some DLC.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I didn't try going because I figured they'd have been all cleaned out. Places actually still have some?[/QUOTE]
My Target (downtown Charlotte) had hundreds left at 10 a.m. this morning.

I only walked into Target at about 8 o'clock at night and walked out with 7 points cards for half off. :D I could've grabbed about half a dozen more; I'll contemplate it tomorrow after I see how much I've charged to the Redcard recently (spoiler: too much). Now for an XBLA shopping spree!

If you plan on going to score some, try to find one of their weekly brochures if you can. None of the 1600 cards available automatically rung up at $10 at my store, but I had no trouble convincing the cashier to match the ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anybody on the fence about the Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Sale, buy it now. The Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2 was only on sale once, and if you missed it, too bad.

I picked up the Raven Strike DLC and Leviathan from the one day sale. I'm hoping Microsoft puts up Dragon Age 2 DLC or more Mass Effect 3 DLC on sale later this year.

How is the Metal Slug game that's on discount through S and M?

And is S and M still broken? Or will it register that I purchased the game or not?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']we (almost) always have to spend more € and more MSP then americans with their Dollar....so if I don't want to set up a Hungarian Account to get all my digital content much cheaper on there this would be a worse idea.

For Example Resident Evil 4 is 1600 MSP when you convert it to MSP right? Wrong! We have to pay more than 1600 MSP if we convert the price to MSP over here...if it had the same option this would also be true for DLC or Arcade Games. No Arcade Game would be 800 or 1200 MSP from the beginning, we would always end up paying more than that

[quote name='kidrocklive']I didn't try going because I figured they'd have been all cleaned out. Places actually still have some?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the electronics section, but I know down here in Hanover they had a good number still in stock when I left at 5pm. Snagged 10 (across two purchases) with no issues.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I only walked into Target at about 8 o'clock and walked out with 7 points cards for half off. :D I could've grabbed about half a dozen more; I'll contemplate it tomorrow after I see how much I've charged to the Redcard recently (spoiler: too much). Now for an XBLA shopping spree!

If you plan on going to score some, try to find one of their weekly brochures if you can. None of the 1600 cards available automatically rung up at $10 but I had no trouble convincing the cashier to match the ad.[/QUOTE]

Filled up my redcard as well, but only bought 4 cards. I could have gone for more, but didn't. At least I have enough to get the Black ops 2 season pass. :D

I went at 11am this morning and my local Target still had a ton left at all of the registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back