XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='D0RC']If you buy something for 200 along the 1800 BL2 SP, you'll get 100 back. I'm just getting TWD episodes and I already bought Dust.[/QUOTE]
Before 12/21.

Plus me and I'm sure alot of other CAG's here have LOOOOONG hit that point this month awhile ago.

[quote name='bardockkun']Before 12/21.

Plus me and I'm sure alot of other CAG's here have LOOOOONG hit that point this month awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

Son of a... Thanks for the heads up ha.

Plus me and I'm sure alot of other CAG's here have LOOOOONG hit that point this month awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot that we had to make those purchases before the 21st. Just looked at my account and made 2120msp worth of purchases by then. Cut it really close!

Pretty sure Microsoft said that was extended through the end of the month.

FYI. The December deal is still active.

"According to Mayan legend, the world could have ended on December 21, 2012. Good news, we're still here! We already deposited millions of dollars' worth of Microsoft Points, and we're still offering our December deal: stay Gold throughout December, and we'll give you 100 Microsoft Points back when you spend 2,000 Points or more. That's a 5% rebate!"

http://rewards.xbox.com/apocalyptic-rewards/

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Man 1800 points is a tougher sell. I had assumed 1600 and hoping for 1200. I haven't started BL 2 yet and I have no problem waiting for the DLC to hit 400 a pop, but it is only 200msp more than I would have paid and I get it right away. Decisions..[/QUOTE]

you officially sold me. Lets say I didnt get Torque free, a 400/per sale isnt gonna happen for awhile so Im getting it now. I laugh at 200 MSP!

I Thought the phrasing meant that as long as you're Gold from the time of the promo to end of December and have racked up the points as well, you'll get it all in the end. Microsoft sucks at information.

Something tells me this is going to be another one where we won't know until points are in our account kinda thing if you qualify after the 12/21 date.

After getting torque free 1800 is a pretty hard sell. Looks like I'll have to wait for individual sales like everyone else :D. I'm hoping for 800 for Banjo-Kazooie nuts and bolts when that goes on sale.

Nothing is pending for me as of yet, I got my points for the December survey and nothing else. I Also spent a total of 3720 points before the 21st.

[quote name='Fulluvial']Sorry if this has been asked, but is the BL2 season pass shareable?[/QUOTE]

It should be, depends on what you mean by shareable? Like any other content purchased on the Xbox marketplace it comes with two licenses, the one for the Gamertag that purchased the content and the Xbox the content was first downloaded on. I do this all the time for my brother and I'm sure I'll do the same if I buy the season pass.

I'll wait on the other DLC as well since I got Torque free as well. Tempted to get the Mechro character. Any thoughts on her? Worth it or just wait?

What's this about the free bl2 dlc?! I have waited for the season pass and was hoping for 1600 max, but since I picked up 5 1600 point cards @ targets bf 1/2 off sale, I look at it like I'm getting half off the sale price anyway. $50 for 8000 ms points was a dam good deal and 1800 for the quality dlc the bl2 season pass provides is a dam good deal too. Face it, I'm sure we've all paid more for crappier dlc in the past so im biting now. I just hope the next 2 packs are as good as I've read the first 2 are. Also hoping the level cap increases within the next 2 packs.

[quote name='brewin']What's this about the free bl2 dlc?! I have waited for the season pass and was hoping for 1600 max, but since I picked up 5 1600 point cards @ targets bf 1/2 off sale, I look at it like I'm getting half off the sale price anyway. $50 for 8000 ms points was a dam good deal and 1800 for the quality dlc the bl2 season pass provides is a dam good deal too. Face it, I'm sure we've all paid more for crappier dlc in the past so im biting now. I just hope the next 2 packs are as good as I've read the first 2 are. Also hoping the level cap increases within the next 2 packs.[/QUOTE]

It's gone now but there was a limited amount of codes given out. There were a lot of hoarders that put up codes on eBay, including CAGs. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334959 there were a lot of horders that put a couple of DLC codes on ebay including CAGs.

[quote name='brewin']What's this about the free bl2 dlc?! I have waited for the season pass and was hoping for 1600 max, but since I picked up 5 1600 point cards @ targets bf 1/2 off sale, I look at it like I'm getting half off the sale price anyway. $50 for 8000 ms points was a dam good deal and 1800 for the quality dlc the bl2 season pass provides is a dam good deal too. Face it, I'm sure we've all paid more for crappier dlc in the past so im biting now. I just hope the next 2 packs are as good as I've read the first 2 are. Also hoping the level cap increases within the next 2 packs.[/QUOTE]

Its definitely a good deal if youre planning on playing them in the immediate future. For those of us with backlogs who got Torgue for free though, it makes more sense to wait for the individual DLCs to hit 400 MSP a pop.

The BL2 Season Pass was also free on the Argentinian market place a week or so back.

Picked up the game for $20 and snagging a pass for free made the deal for me.

ive gotten three dlc for free . (creature slaughterdome, mr torques, and mechromancer pack ) and the simple fact the season pass was free a while ago made me decide that the discount just wasnt enough.

Nice deal for BL2 fans, didn't expect less than 1800. I mean aren't season passes discounted upcoming game content? So getting a sale on an already discounted item is great.

Other than what I just said, I personally don't like the idea of season passes. You don't know what your going to get, besides some information about 1 or 2 dlc from the onset. So your really buying a promise that your getting worthwhile dlc for the game.

One thing I really love is GOTY editions, games being re-released with all known dlc is awesome. I know what I'm getting with those and at a good to great price, yummm.

I bought the Season Pass for BL2 just now, and all the content that was listed as not being included with the Season Pass on the first page. After opening up the in-game store, I see Mechromancer Pack as purchased, and "Mechromancer" as free. I'm assuming that the character by itself was given out for Season Pass holders, and they still charge for the pack for the extras included with it, am I correct on this? Or did I just purchase something that I could have gotten for free? Do I still need to download Mechromancer even though I have the Mechromancer Pack?

[quote name='Shifty Effect']
Other than what I just said, I personally don't like the idea of season passes. You don't know what your going to get, besides some information about 1 or 2 dlc from the onset. So your really buying a promise that your getting worthwhile dlc for the game.
[/QUOTE]

Season passes don't go away when all the DLC is finally released. So just wait and buy it at the same discount once you're satisfied knowing whats being offered.

In any case, BL dlc is guaranteed to be quality.

[quote name='Luriden']I bought the Season Pass for BL2 just now, and all the content that was listed as not being included with the Season Pass on the first page. After opening up the in-game store, I see Mechromancer Pack as purchased, and "Mechromancer" as free. I'm assuming that the character by itself was given out for Season Pass holders, and they still charge for the pack for the extras included with it, am I correct on this? Or did I just purchase something that I could have gotten for free? Do I still need to download Mechromancer even though I have the Mechromancer Pack?[/QUOTE]

The pack allows you to download the Mechromancer.

She isn't, and has never been, included in the season pass.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Season passes don't go away when all the DLC is finally released. So just wait and buy it at the same discount once you're satisfied knowing whats being offered.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but that will take some time. By then, you would might as well wait a bit more for the GOTY.

[quote name='The 7th Number']In for Borderlands 1 for 9.99, always wanted to play this game. :)[/QUOTE]

I can understand not having played BL1 yet, but having wanted to and still not have yet? Inconceivable! Get on it man! :booty:

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Sure, but that will take some time. By then, you would might as well wait a bit more for the GOTY.[/QUOTE]

Thats the trade off. Adopt early for a discount and immediate play, or wait a long time for a more frugal option.

Editing the OP now ... hold onto your britches, b*tches!

And to keep y'all satisfied ...
video-game-memes-scumbag-borderlands.jpg

[quote name='Cornelius']Editing the OP now ... hold onto your britches, b*tches!

And to keep y'all satisfied ...
video-game-memes-scumbag-borderlands.jpg
[/QUOTE]

27 slots? It would be nice if I could get to that point. I just now made it to the Sanctuary for the first time, bought ALL the DLC, and now I'm at like 16/12 slots with nothing I want to part with right now. I'm assuming the game gives you a bank at some point, like the first game when you bought the Underdome DLC?

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Very true. And I didn't find the inventory screens to be all that user friendly.[/QUOTE]

They were a vast improvement over the original.

[quote name='Luriden']27 slots? It would be nice if I could get to that point. I just now made it to the Sanctuary for the first time, bought ALL the DLC, and now I'm at like 16/12 slots with nothing I want to part with right now. I'm assuming the game gives you a bank at some point, like the first game when you bought the Underdome DLC?[/QUOTE]

You get one soon, in Sanctuary. Its small as well though.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']You get one soon, in Sanctuary. Its small as well though.[/QUOTE]

It's not small ... no no no. Avoiding too many spoilers here, but when you find out about "The Resistance", 1 of 2 bank vaults are located there. If you pre-ordered the game, or bought the "Mechromancer" pack, you'll also uncover Claptrap's Secret Stash, which is a locker next to Claptrap's "home", and you can stash 4 more things there as well. Eventually, by the end of the story, you'll have 16 slots that carry over from character to character.

[quote name='Luriden']27 slots? It would be nice if I could get to that point. I just now made it to the Sanctuary for the first time, bought ALL the DLC, and now I'm at like 16/12 slots with nothing I want to part with right now. I'm assuming the game gives you a bank at some point, like the first game when you bought the Underdome DLC?[/QUOTE]

As you acquire the purple'ish IRIDIUM, you'll take it to the purple'ish Hostel in Sanctuary, where you can buy increasing levels of slots for that 1st bank I told you about. However, truth be told ... if you're holding onto any more than 16 items, you're obsessing too much about weapon elemental effects or rare weapons with [color]red[/color] text (which doesn't always mean they're "good"), and not enough on special abilities, a good adaptive shield, and sticking with 2 guns with awesome fire rate + damage (plus maybe 1 sniper + 1 rocket launcher). Use those damned GOLD keys as well ... it's not like SHiFT codes are rare. :lol:

All done with the OP ... have at it!

[quote name='Cornelius']As you acquire the purple'ish IRIDIUM, you'll take it to the purple'ish Hostel in Sanctuary, where you can buy increasing levels of slots for that 1st bank I told you about.

However, truth be told ... if you're holding onto any more than 16 items, you're obsessing too much about weapon elemental effects, and not enough on special abilities & a good adaptive shield. Use those damned GOLD keys as well ... it's not like SHiFT codes are rare. :lol:

All done with the OP ... have at it![/QUOTE]

Yeah, with a game like this where you're seriously going to be looting from beginning to end, there's really not any reason to carry more than 1 of each type of gun. Also, maybe carry an extra fire weapon for a while, because lots of side missions early on seem to require a fire weapon.

Also, ERIDIUM. :)

[quote name='Cornelius']It's not small ... no no no.
[/QUOTE]

It most certainly is.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']I just got Borderlands 2 for Christmas from my wife. The season pass will give me all the content right? Even the mechromancer and stuff?[/QUOTE]

It only comes with the 4 main story DLCs, two if which have yet to be released. Mechro not included.

It only comes with the 4 main story DLCs, two if which have yet to be released. Mechro not included.

hmmmm......well then idk what to do. Is the deal a good deal? I don't even know if I will play through all the extra crap. I just like having more character options.

Are the extra characters cool?

[quote name='Vap']Come on walking dead! I wanna know your price![/QUOTE]

Me too....but I mean we know they can't be bad. It's worth every penny at 400 msp a piece (IMO) especially being that ep 1 is free right now too. But since we know they will be on sale it can only be better. I imagine they could be 200 a piece bringing it to $10 to play all 5 eps. But even if its like 240 or 300 an ep I cant wait, bring it ON!

[quote name='Cornelius']If you pre-ordered the game, or bought the "Mechromancer" pack, you'll also uncover Claptrap's Secret Stash, which is a locker next to Claptrap's "home", and you can stash 4 more things there as well. Eventually, by the end of the story, you'll have 16 slots that carry over from character to character.[/QUOTE]

Claptrap's Secret Stash is available to everyone, whether they preordered, got the Mechromancer or just got the vanilla game now. Just need to complete a mission to unlock it. Also, just the 4 slots in the stash are accessible across characters. The bank in Sanctuary is a per character storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back