XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dark_inchworm']Gimme 75% off Quantum Conundrum, Harley Quinn, and/or Cold Stream and I'll get excited. Otherwise that list is weak.[/QUOTE]
I'll take any sales over nothing. Remember, we could just as easily gotten a 100% avatar sale. :p

BTW, added the Saints Row 2 "Corporate Welfare" DLC to the OP's monthly markdown section. I haven't searched extensively to see if THQ is planning some sale, since it wasn't amongst the Black Friday DLC list, but given their financial issues, this may be a last-minute grab for $$$ before the title goes belly-up. If you keep meaning to play SR2, and have yet to pick up any DLC, then I'd grab it while it's still around (and 50% off).

[quote name='Cornelius']Was there an update for the Nov. 23rd BF single-day event? Still seeing 800pts on the Xbox Japan page, no announcement from Major Nelson, and nothing on XBLDB either.

.[/QUOTE]
I just assume it'll be 560 I doubt we're getting a 50% off.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yuck. Thanks for posting, that Japanese website has brought nothing but bad news. Quantum Conundrum is cool, but I just got it for "free" on that other console. Will maybe consider Expendables and Real Steel if their discounted by 75% or more. However, my guess is that Shadow Complex will be the game that gets the deep discount, as it's been around forever and on sale many times!

Have you played the demo? I tried to talk myself into it when it was $5 on PSN, but I thought it felt really bland and boring.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the demo clicked for me. I liked it.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Gimme 75% off Quantum Conundrum, Harley Quinn, and/or Cold Stream and I'll get excited. Otherwise that list is weak.[/QUOTE]

How is Cold Stream not a deal at 280? It includes 4 other campaigns, one of which was DLC itself.

No brainer purchase if you're a fan of Left 4 Dead.

Can anyone give me a yea or nay on I Am Alive? I've got about 2000 points, which I was hoping would last me until a potential Christmas sale, but I thought the game sounded really, really interesting.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

-B

So many sales I've jumped on over the years.

When you add it all up, there is nothing cheap about being a CAG. ;)

I checked out the I am Alive demo and I'm thinking of getting it. It really does remind me of The Road if it were a game.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I pretty much already have all of the arcade titles I would want from this besides possibly Rock Band as I've never owned anything from the franchise (I know, seriously?).

What's wrong with me? I'm also thinking of picking up all of the Sega Vintage Collection titles. How many times can I play Golden Axe and Streets of Rage? How many times can I let Sega pull one over on me? New achievements and a chance to replay them again? No problem![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of jumping on those sega collections too. I already own Golden Axe since it was listed before, but I wouldn't mind playing through all three games with brand new achievements. I love the original Golden Axe, one of my favorite games of all time. I just wish this collection used the Genesis version of the original since I already have the Arcade version. I also wish they included the arcade sequel, is that included on any disc compilations?

I've never played Streets of Rage all the way through, it's one of those classic games I just happened to miss back in the day like Megaman. I love beat 'em ups, so I'm thinking of biting on this one as well.

[quote name='eastx']Great job on the OP, Cornelius!

Well, I finally broke down and bought Left 4 Dead 2 on GoD along with the DLC on sale. I've been holding out for a lower price forever and it's just not happening, so I'd rather pick up the game and play it before the next Xbox system comes out. Sure, I paid much less for the PC version more than a year ago, but it's such a fun game, I'll easily get my $20+ worth on 360.[/QUOTE]

I'm a regular on L4D2 and had to replace my disc a while back as the inner circle cracked (happened to two of my friends as well). Anyway, $20 seems to be on the low end for a used copy and $30-ish for new. Thankfully, a friend mailed me his game as he quit playing it and then lucked upon a copy for $7 at a yard sale.

No idea if the discs were from a crappy run or else just the fact the three of us have been playing our games regularly for years and they've been going in and out of cases and pizza oven hot 360s.

After playing Daytona USA, I realized it wasn't as good as I had remembered it in the arcades but I think I am still going to pick it up anyways mainly because it is a super easy 200/200 achievement points.

[quote name='Cornelius']I'll take any sales over nothing. Remember, we could just as easily gotten a 100% avatar sale. :p

BTW, added the Saints Row 2 "Corporate Welfare" DLC to the OP's monthly markdown section. I haven't searched extensively to see if THQ is planning some sale, since it wasn't amongst the Black Friday DLC list, but given their financial issues, this may be a last-minute grab for $$$ before the title goes belly-up. If you keep meaning to play SR2, and have yet to pick up any DLC, then I'd grab it while it's still around (and 50% off).[/QUOTE]
is this DLC for saints row 2 worth it (my time, not the $3)?

i hate buying DLC for games if the DLC is worse than the standard game, i'd rather just skip it, IF i'd just have more fun replaying the game, rather than playing extra subpar missions. but if it's as good as the regular missions or better, i guess $3 is worth it. but yeah, worth my time? or should i just continue on and be content with the base game (only about 1/3rd of the way into the game. i do love it, but yeah, 3 had DLC that i didn't think was worth the time)

[quote name='SonicXtreme']is this DLC for saints row 2 worth it (my time, not the $3)?

i hate buying DLC for games if the DLC is worse than the standard game, i'd rather just skip it, IF i'd just have more fun replaying the game, rather than playing extra subpar missions. but if it's as good as the regular missions or better, i guess $3 is worth it. but yeah, worth my time? or should i just continue on and be content with the base game (only about 1/3rd of the way into the game. i do love it, but yeah, 3 had DLC that i didn't think was worth the time)[/QUOTE]
I Think it was about 30 minutes or maybe even less. You get extra vehicles and what not, but little real reason I can say it's worth it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone played the Cold Stream DLC, is it any good?[/QUOTE]
do u have the other DLCs for L4D2? bc if you do, cold stream unlocks all the missions from the first game, plus allows you to pick any mutator at any time. if you do, its def worth it. idk how much you miss out on if you're missing the other dlc packs though

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think it was about 30 minutes or maybe even less. You get extra vehicles and what not, but little real reason I can say it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
idk if you'd know, but are the extra vehicles everywhere? or do they only show up at like, one specific spot? i guess if they just go everywhere i'd be down for it. but i don't want to buy it if like, they only spawn at one specific spot or something silly like that

[quote name='SonicXtreme']idk if you'd know, but are the extra vehicles everywhere? or do they only show up at like, one specific spot? i guess if they just go everywhere i'd be down for it. but i don't want to buy it if like, they only spawn at one specific spot or something silly like that[/QUOTE]
I Believe they're right in your garage for use whenever once you complete the DLC.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Believe they're right in your garage for use whenever once you complete the DLC.[/QUOTE]
ooooh cool, thanks for the info i'll pick it up. weird only 1 of the DLC packs is on sale randomly but, hey, not bad. this game is way more fun than 3 was (just picked it up on the GOD sale a month or two ago)

Got streets of rage just for nostalgia sake. Then i remembered that streets of rage remake exists but hard to be too mad at 5 bucks i guess.

[quote name='Althax']I dont understand the streets of rage love these days. That game aged terribly![/QUOTE]
Just because you hate fun doesn't mean we all do.

[quote name='Sath666']Keep in mind it's really short (around 30-40mins) and disappointing dlc, that adds nothing at all. It's one linear mission and you are not able to explore or anything.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it but that's how I view it too... Its going to have to be 75% off for me to bite, and it just won't be THAT discounted, so nothing for me on those sales...

Which is really disappointing, especially when I consider how good the BF week sales were, as I was expecting at least one of the season passes I'm after (Looking at four of them) would be on sale... I guess I'll have to wait to the Holiday Sales to see what they do.

[quote name='airco']Just because you hate fun doesn't mean we all do.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see why anyone thinks it's fun. I enjoyed it back in the genesis days but its crap compared to most modern brawlers. Even older titles like final fight or double dragon aged better and offer more to the player.

I think rose tinted glasses are to blame honestly.

[quote name='Althax']I just don't see why anyone thinks it's fun. I enjoyed it back in the genesis days but its crap compared to most modern brawlers. Even older titles like final fight or double dragon aged better and offer more to the player.[/QUOTE]I'm not saying you're wrong, though I do disagree, but to me most modern brawlers are pretty soulless compared to the classics of old. (which includes SoR.)

Then again I think brawlers are one of the hardest genres to do right... as laughable as that sounds. So any of them that did it right past or present are highly playable to me.

[quote name='Althax']I just don't see why anyone thinks it's fun. I enjoyed it back in the genesis days but its crap compared to most modern brawlers. Even older titles like final fight or double dragon aged better and offer more to the player.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? SoR is practically the same thing as FF and DD. Control the crowd, then mash like crazy.

[quote name='airco']Just because you hate fun doesn't mean we all do.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! SoR is especially fun still when you have a friend to play with you. Since beat em ups are harder to find these days (especially good ones), I'm all for a trip down memory lane.

[quote name='airco']Wait, what? SoR is practically the same thing as FF and DD. Control the crowd, then mash like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's the same except completely different.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Bought Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice for 280 points. I really really hope this isn't included in Cold stream. Did I just waste $3.50 ??[/QUOTE]
No. It's the DLC from part 1

nov222012BnrDeal.jpg

Looks like GTA IV DLC again for next DotW. :lol:

https://twitter.com/lifelower

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Bought Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice for 280 points. I really really hope this isn't included in Cold stream. Did I just waste $3.50 ???[/QUOTE]

Its not, and you didn't :). Cold Stream has all the levels from L4D, except Mercy, which comes with the Sacrifice. Cold stream is a new campaign that isn't considered canon.

So glad the two L4D2 dlc's went on sale. Just sold my copy of L4D and was waiting for them. Hoping Cold Stream and Shadow Complex do go on sale.
Not sure if i should get Leviathan, still waiting for the other Mass Effect dlc's to go on sale.

[quote name='xbox_man']Does Left 4 Dead 2 play the same as Left 4 Dead or do they each have different controls etc.[/QUOTE]

Same exact game, just new levels, new survivors, slightly new infected, and melee weapons.

L4D2 technically could have been an expansion pack, but that's a whole different thread...from a few years ago...

[quote name='Kerig']Same exact game, just new levels, new survivors, slightly new infected, and melee weapons.

L4D2 technically could have been an expansion pack, but that's a whole different thread...from a few years ago...[/QUOTE]

If I can butt-in, my understanding was always that in L4D1 you could only have one weapon? Or... there were no melee weapons at all, or something drastic. At least I thought so anyway, maybe I'm wrong here (certainly wouldn't be a first).

I jumped on the bandwagon long after the 2nd game was out.

Sidenote: I love that the engrish translation on that sale page for Harley Quinn's Revenge is "Revenge of the Harley".

[quote name='Sanges99']If I can butt-in, my understanding was always that in L4D1 you could only have one weapon? Or... there were no melee weapons at all, or something drastic. At least I thought so anyway, maybe I'm wrong here (certainly wouldn't be a first).

I jumped on the bandwagon long after the 2nd game was out.

Sidenote: I love that the engrish translation on that sale page for Harley Quinn's Revenge is "Revenge of the Harley".[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call adding melee weapons that drastic of a change, and it could have simply been an expansion pack as someone else said, but yeah let's not get into that again lol.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I wouldn't call adding melee weapons that drastic of a change, and it could have simply been an expansion pack as someone else said, but yeah let's not get into that again lol.[/QUOTE]

Don't think it was patchable on the 360 with the engine they had. At least that's what they said. (and my opinion on Vulvae isn't as high and I sort of believe them on it.)

That said... Let's not get into it again. ;)

[quote name='Kerig']Same exact game, just new levels, new survivors, slightly new infected, and melee weapons.

L4D2 technically could have been an expansion pack, but that's a whole different thread...from a few years ago...[/QUOTE]

ok, basically the same then.

if i have the first is it worth getting then?

on the hungarian marketplace it is 960 msp and depending if it is a region free game then i was thinking of getting it.
also would it be watered down coming from there, heard a few games have been watered down from that region.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Bought Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice for 280 points. I really really hope this isn't included in Cold stream. Did I just waste $3.50 ???[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're good.

For everyone's reference:

The Passing
  • only The Passing

The Sacrifice
  • The Sacrifice
  • No Mercy

Cold Stream
  • Cold Stream
  • Death Toll
  • Dead Air
  • Blood Harvest
  • Crash Course

All worth getting if you're a fan of the game.

My take:

The versus and scavenge modes are awesome, and way better because of the new special infected IMHO.

If you really liked L4D1, L4D2 is definitely worth owning.

[quote name='Cornelius']I'll take any sales over nothing. Remember, we could just as easily gotten a 100% avatar sale. :p[/QUOTE]

Just as easily? Microsoft's sales can be pathetic, but I sincerely doubt they're so stupid that they'd only give us that for BF/CM.

Knock on wood...

[quote name='cthomer5000']How is Cold Stream not a deal at 280? It includes 4 other campaigns, one of which was DLC itself.

No brainer purchase if you're a fan of Left 4 Dead.[/QUOTE]

It's a decent deal especially when you take into consideration the additional L4D1 campaigns. I said what I did not necessarily because I demand a dirt cheap price on Cold Stream specifically, but because the one-day deal list as a whole is underwhelming. Am I wrong for wanting a little more? L4D DLC should be marked down more frequently and consistently as it is, IMO - I'm Borderlanded, Bioshocked, and Red Dead GTA'd out.

Left 4 Dead 2 is the one game i always do one day buys for. I already have all the DLC for it.

I bought Real Steel when it first came out. It's fun, but the campaign is literally IMPOSSIBLE unless you're willing to spend MORE MSP to buy better parts to build your robot. There's no way to win without doing that, and the good parts are like 800 points each. Plus you have to pay additional MSP for the right to color your robot. So if you don't like having a generic gray robot, this game will cost you a lot more in the long run.

I've been waiting for Shadow Complex, so that's pretty exciting.

Any opinions on Expendables 2? Never heard of the game.

Because of all the talking about L4D2 you reminded me I still have one achievement to do...I swear I did all the campaigns on expert but it didn't pop and the counter is still missing one and I don't fucking know which one since we did that in one sitting meh (even did 1 or 2 of them again to be sure that time still don't know which one he isn't counting >.

[quote name='Althax']I just don't see why anyone thinks it's fun. I enjoyed it back in the genesis days but its crap compared to most modern brawlers. Even older titles like final fight or double dragon aged better and offer more to the player.

I think rose tinted glasses are to blame honestly.[/QUOTE]

Its worth it for the music alone.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Sorry but I have to ask, is there any word on whether or not there will be special deals for tomorrow (Black Friday) only?[/QUOTE]

You serious? :roll: Read the last 3-4 pages in this thread and you'll find out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back