XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

I would have totally waited 6+ months for them to take their time with this and give it the HD overhaul. Disappointed that they'll just "smooth" it out, but I'll probably still bite day one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I would have totally waited 6+ months for them to take their time with this and give it the HD overhaul. Disappointed that they'll just "smooth" it out, but I'll probably still bite day one.[/quote]

Bite someday? You have no idea how many people was just waiting for mvc2 to be online. That alone is worth it to me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I would have totally waited 6+ months for them to take their time with this and give it the HD overhaul. Disappointed that they'll just "smooth" it out, but I'll probably still bite day one.[/QUOTE]

Here's a protip: It wasn't 6 months to re-do it in HD. It was close to 3 years.

[quote name='jman619']Bite someday? You have no idea how many people was just waiting for mvc2 to be online. That alone is worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the Japanese DC version online back in the day? Maybe they just used some of that netcode to get it online. I also kinda liked unlocking stuff. I hope they still make you unlock the colors of characters.

Anyone use a VGA box on their DC and play MvC2? Remember how the backgrounds looked awesome but the sprites looked like ass? I bet this this is how the game will look in HD. But I don't care.

I have never been this excited to re-buy a game I already own.

It's being made by Backbone, so they'll throw one of their sprite renderes in it that they used to ruin classic games. The Sprites will look a little better, but they won't be pixelated messes.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Well , Joker playable on PS3 hhmmm . . . hope it comes out later for 360!!! If not then WTF!!!!!![/quote]

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Joker

Kind of disappointed about everything being unlocked from the start as that will take away a good chunk of gameplay for me, but I know I'll still pick it up.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yessss, quarter matches. Why couldn't SFIV do this too? Plus widescreen & remixed music. This is more that I hoped for.[/quote]

Because Japanese Capcom and English Capcom didn't pass notes on online lobby systems? -shrug-

Anywho... Well, finally. This game will be probably the most frustrating Online fighter ever! XD Thr REAL Challenge in this game will be making the underappreciated characters look awesome online!

RULE THE WORLD WITH SERVERBOTS!

Here's My SUNDAYS BEST! (War Machine)

Would be funny to see some real awesome Amingo's, or great Marrows... SOO many characters, at least everyone won't be a Ken, Ryu, Sagat!

Oh, and it's been mentioned that this should be using the Same Netcode as SSFIITHDR (Thus, GGPO).

[quote name='KingDox']Wasn't the Japanese DC version online back in the day?[/quote]

Yeah it was, infact it was a heavy part of the character unlocking process. 1/3 of the characters could only be unlocked by online play, the other 1/3 by bringing the VMU to the arcades, and the last 3rd by playing at home. You couldn't imagine how disappointed I was when I imported it.

[quote name='KingDox']Wasn't the Japanese DC version online back in the day? Maybe they just used some of that netcode to get it online. I also kinda liked unlocking stuff. I hope they still make you unlock the colors of characters.

Anyone use a VGA box on their DC and play MvC2? Remember how the backgrounds looked awesome but the sprites looked like ass? I bet this this is how the game will look in HD. But I don't care.

I have never been this excited to re-buy a game I already own.[/quote]
The XBLA/PSN version has two filters to smooth out the character sprites. You can still play it without either of the filters, if you so choose.

There is an obvious difference between the sprites and the backgrounds, of course, but it really isn't that bad(coming from someone who has never played it before, at least).

SCREENS

Well considering my XBox copy went for over $60 (or was it $70?) on eBay, this easily pays off for the XBLA title and some money towards a nice stick.

Wonder if the TE stick for MVC2 was a joke or what.

and ebay will now be flooded, I may have to trade 2 of my 3 XBX versions in somewhere to get value for it, I still have a PS2 and DC version also, I am going to have this game on 4 consoles comes soon. Its not as bad as the first Samurai Shodown I as over the years I have 5(!) releases of that game (not on compilation, GG, GEN, MVS, SNES, SCD).

Kotaku has posted a side-by-side comparison of the old MvC2 graphics verses the new graphics. The new ones are WAY less pixelated than the old graphics, but they are a little blurry. Seems like a good way to do things if they aren't going the HD Remix route.

Gonna be rockin the demo soooo hard (please have online play in the demo, please?!).
Glad/sad about unlockables though. It's fun to have things to unlock and look forward too, but honestly, on the DC, I'd just go into training mode and leave it running overnight, in the morning quit and get my points, and then while I was away during the day back to training mode. So it's not like I legit earned the unlocks anyway :p

Day 1 baybeee.

Here's the options for the graphics:

strider0428092.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/28/marvel-vs-capcom-2s-graphical-options-compared/

I guess crisp is as good as it gets.

So is anyone else going to be buying this for both? Like i posted in the psn thread, I have just enough friends who are console specific for me to warrant buying both.

I think i dig the smoothing, but i'll just end up playing without the filter. This will make the 4th and 5th versions of this game I'll have owned....and i thought buying all 3 versions of sc2 was bad *sigh*

classic is the only way to play!

I don't have a 360/ps3, i'm jealous, but I would think that they could do some AA better than what they did.

It's an emu or a port?

So for the PSN, I just got a PSP, are those related, could I play this on my new PSP? :pray:

I already own the DC version, but I'm in for this. I hope they allow using three of the same character like when you unlocked everythig in the old one.

Hello 3 Dans.

Crisp looks nice. I never liked the Smooth filter. They use it in many collections for older games and they always look like a mess.

Def a day one purchase for me. It's kind of cool all the characters will be unlocked from the beginning, but at the same a lot of the fun of the Dreamcast version was working towards unlocking everyone. Oh well, going to be a lot of fun playing this again finally.

Can't wait to download the MvC2 demo tonight on Playstation Network
MUTTEE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is. However, it's Local Multiplayer only because Capcom still doesn't get online, and no AI opponents either (why? I don't know)

Wow exclusive demo for PSN. Anyone else worried about lag in a game like this? I mean I know its an issue in all online fighters but pulling off those 50 hit combos could be an issue if theres any kind of lag. Although the SF2 HD was good, I think this is more twitch than that.

[quote name='xycury']classic is the only way to play!

I don't have a 360/ps3, i'm jealous, but I would think that they could do some AA better than what they did.

It's an emu or a port?

So for the PSN, I just got a PSP, are those related, could I play this on my new PSP? :pray:[/QUOTE]

I don think it will work on your PSP cause from what I saw its a remake similar to SF2 HD. So no emu. Probably gonna have to bite the bullet and upgrade buddy.

traveled 42miles to buy a sf4 TE stick for this game. definitely a first day buy....monday release seems a bit off though. XBLA games come out on wednesdays? If so it would be July 1st.

bread's done
Back