XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']The last time they did it I believe was earlier this year and yeah, X-Men was 200 points along with some other stuff. I Remember other one day sales included Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time for 200 and Hydro Thunder for 200 as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh Shit I didn't know that. Im not into racing games but I would of jumped on Hydro for 200. Here's hoping we get some awesome deals tomorrow.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I can say this is pretty much a no go. You got it refunded because it was a gold subscription. Anything actually on the marketplace they will not refund you. I've gone through many fights with them over a 400 point dlc that was charged to my account when I was browsing a sale and my 360 froze up. Despite having them check my gamercard to see I didn't even own the game they still wouldn't refund me even though it was their fault.[/QUOTE]
Well that sucks. I find it very annoying that you can't set it up to require you to enter a password for all purchases on the machine. Would make me much confident keeping a higher point balance and my CC info on hand.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh Shit I didn't know that. Im not into racing games but I would of jumped on Hydro for 200. Here's hoping we get some awesome deals tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Hydro was actually around 80-200 points honestly. I Kinda forgot, I dare say 80 because I nearly soiled myself when I saw the price. Though that sale was I believe around holiday season when they were doing random daily deals.

I Feel like I'm over raising everyone's hopes now...

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Well that sucks. I find it very annoying that you can't set it up to require you to enter a password for all purchases on the machine. Would make me much confident keeping a higher point balance and my CC info on hand.[/QUOTE]
That's one feature I love about PSN, you can setup a password before confirming your purchases.

It figures I would be 20 pts short of being able to get Trials HD. I still don't understand why I didn't get any points back from this months rewards since I had 160 points ready for redemption.
If nothing better shows up tomorrow, could someone help decide between Serious Sam and Bionic Commando?

[quote name='bardockkun']The last time they did it I believe was earlier this year and yeah, X-Men was 200 points along with some other stuff. I Remember other one day sales included Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, Splosion Man, Hydro Thunder and others for 200 each as well.[/QUOTE]
Hydro Thunder was 400 not 200

Here's hoping for some awesome sales tomorrow.

I can manually hunt this weeks sales for the correct price, but still have no advertisement of a sale on the dashboard. I'm hoping the "X-treme sale" isn't just what's already listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jaysonguy']Hydro Thunder was 400 not 200[/QUOTE]
I Could've sworn it was cheaper. Though it might've been an error when I got it around at 3AM.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Could've sworn it was cheaper. Though it might've been an error when I got it around at 3AM.[/QUOTE]
Nevermind you're right, it was 200 on that day after being 400 a week or two before

[quote name='bardockkun']I Could've sworn it was cheaper. Though it might've been an error when I got it around at 3AM.[/QUOTE]

yeah I remember it for 400 during the holiday sales. When I posted I didnt mean the 1 day sales during december but the random ones they have. Hopefully these december sales for this year are great but that in a couple of months from now.

[quote name='reddjoey']You could use a pass code (Xbox.com How-to) that is required on log-in, but I don't think that will stop a child if you leave your Xbox on and your account logged in.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that would solve my problem. The big issue is that she finds a controller and then turns it on.

Thanks a bunch.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I'm surprised nothing has leaked yet about the one day sale.

I'm really hoping that Roboblitz finally goes on sale. That game has been on Xbox Live for five damn years now and has never gone below $15. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Roboblitz really isn't that great. The controls/environmental action are just a bit wonky. It's not terrible, but anything above 400 is too much IMO. With that said, they should at least drop the price given its age.

Anybody heard confirmation on when the recent patch of deals is going to end? Got a few of those 4000 point el cheapo cards, didn't know if I was going to be safe waiting for a few more days in hopes that they arrive early.

Thanks.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Bro its thursday. that's tomorrow and I highly doubt we'll find out whats on sale until late tonight or early tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

DOH! sorry about that. I am totally off this week.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']Anybody heard confirmation on when the recent patch of deals is going to end? Got a few of those 4000 point el cheapo cards, didn't know if I was going to be safe waiting for a few more days in hopes that they arrive early.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well the deal with trails, outland, etc.... is for a week I suppose. That what it sounded like when you read it. Tomorrow is one day only. Damn I really do hope that a Capcom themed dotw or sale happens.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Damn I really do hope that a Capcom themed dotw or sale happens.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure this already happened earlier this year. I remember picking up Final Fight and Megaman 10. Stuff like MvC2, HD Remix, Bionic Commando Rearmed and the Dead Rising DLCs were also on sale. Think it was either March or April because I remember it being a 5% back month for Xbox Rewards.

[quote name='utopianmachine']We need tomorrow spoilered. Like, now.[/QUOTE]

I have no knowledge about what the games for tomorrow are gonna be but these sales usually always follow a specific pattern.

If you look at all the XBLA games in the marketplace on the dashboard (sorted by release date) all of the newer ones currently on sale are all pretty much grouped together, but there are few games they skipped over that have never been sale before.

So I would say its gonna be stuff listed between the games that are currently on sale and the stuff that has previously been on sale before (Torchlight, Hard Corps Uprising, etc)

So my guess would be that tomorrow's one day sale will include stuff like Rush n Attack Ex Patriot, Swarm, Beyond Good and Evil and Full House Poker (has that ever been on sale? I don't think it has, but I'm not sure).

Just a guess on my part though

I've also noticed a large number of the games on sale right now were published by Atari. Any other Atari XBLA games that might go on sale tomorrow?

[quote name='BigMack9737']I have no knowledge about what the games for tomorrow are gonna be but these sales usually always follow a specific pattern.

If you look at all the XBLA games in the marketplace on the dashboard (sorted by release date) all of the newer ones currently on sale are all pretty much grouped together, but there are few games they skipped over that have never been sale before.

So I would say its gonna be stuff listed between the games that are currently on sale and the stuff that has previously been on sale before (Torchlight, Hard Corps Uprising, etc)

So my guess would be that tomorrow's one day sale will include stuff like Rush n Attack Ex Patriot, Swarm, Beyond Good and Evil and Full House Poker (has that ever been on sale? I don't think it has, but I'm not sure).

Just a guess on my part though[/QUOTE]

I'm probably in the minority, but my fingers are crossed that you're right about Rush N Attack.

Beyond Good & Evil and Full House are good bets since every other House Party game has been on sale fairly recently. I'd say the odds for BG&E are much better since I'm not really sure how the whole "season" thing works for the poker game.

[quote name='ooga']Aaaargh! my 1-year old son got a hold of the xbox controller and somehow managed to buy some avatar items! :( Looks like I'll be a bit short on MS points for this sale and will have to use actual cash.........from his college fund. :p[/QUOTE]

Ha! That's awesome. Actually, that'd exactly how I got Trials HD when it first came out. I put the controller down and walked away......d'oh!

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I'm probably in the minority, but my fingers are crossed that you're right about Rush N Attack.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you are not the only one.

I was just about ready to plop down 800 MSP as soon as I finished the demo but thought "eh, I've got way too many games to play now as it is, so this can wait for a sale."

So I've got my fingers crossed too.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Ha! That's awesome. Actually, that'd exactly how I got Trials HD when it first came out. I put the controller down and walked away......d'oh![/QUOTE]

Couldnt have picked a better game IMHO

[quote name='BigMack9737']Nope, you are not the only one.

I was just about ready to plop down 800 MSP as soon as I finished the demo but thought "eh, I've got way too many games to play now as it is, so this can wait for a sale."

So I've got my fingers crossed too.[/QUOTE]

That's double the finger crossing power! It has to go on sale now.

[quote name='Jhuntley']It figures I would be 20 pts short of being able to get Trials HD. I still don't understand why I didn't get any points back from this months rewards since I had 160 points ready for redemption.
If nothing better shows up tomorrow, could someone help decide between Serious Sam and Bionic Commando?[/QUOTE]

I did not like Bionic Commando. Kept trying to jump, but couldn't.

OH BTW.....
OK, you got me! :applause:
But, I can think of much better reasons to kill myself!
\\:D/

[quote name='WonkyToad']I did not like Bionic Commando. Kept trying to jump, but couldn't.

OH BTW.....
OK, you got me! :applause:
But, I can think of much better reasons to kill myself!
\\:D/[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, the second one has a jump button. It's a pretty old-school style franchise though, so you might not be able to get into it.

[quote name='destro4eva']Great news, any Pinball updates are a fantastic thing. :applause:

On the topic of pinball, has Crave ever come forward with putting out more tables for their Pinball Hall of Fame Collection? That Williams one is amazingly awesome and I know there was talk of that having some well needed DLC added to it. Would buy those Day 1 if more licensed tables came out. I think that disc based game is leaps and bounds better than FX2 but I'll take any Pinball I can get.[/QUOTE]
Here's the latest from their Facebook page (posted Sept. 1):

FarSight Studios is extremely proud to announce that we will be releasing a new pinball game in early 2012! We’ve been busy acquiring licenses, building new tables, and developing our technology on many platforms (including iPhone, iPad, and Android). We welcome all comments and table suggestions (we keep a running tally of all requests). We want to ensure that our game will be the definitive collection of classic pinball! Stay tuned for updates over the next few months!

Hopefully it's not just a crummy smartphone or iPad game, though! Exciting news nonetheless, though.

It might not be worth Microsoft putting Full House Porker on sale. Despite being released in March, it was still the 17th best selling XBLA game for the week of September 19th... almost matching Bastion and From Dust. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't make a lot of business sense IMO.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']....will the one day sale be REPLACING this one? [/QUOTE]

NAH, they'll run at the sametime.

What....2-3-4 months ago was it...I dont remember but I believe they did something similiar and the two sales ran at the sametime.

I wouldn't stress about it.

I personally am going to wait until I see the one day sale before I drop my points.

Besides, other than Shank, I am luke warm on Section 8: Prejudice and Ghostbusters.

Damn I know people here have said it but...does GB really suck that bad?

Is it its own wacky story or does it continue anything from the disc based game? It doesnt have to be an expansion pack thats not what I mean, I mean like does the story pick off after the GB disc game or something like that or did they like act as if that game didnt happen and dont mention it and just have four random characters go at it with no story about the Old School guys (Peter,Ray,Egon,Winston)?

If you want less clutter disk wise it's not a bad time if you have the HDD space to get the Awakening download. If you buy a $.99 cent 360 game at Gamestop you can trade Awakening disk in for $10. Then buy a $20 points card/code and you'll have $5 left over. That's what I'm doing.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']\

Is it its own wacky story or does it continue anything from the disc based game? [/QUOTE]
1. I'm actually enjoying Ghostbusters. I believe I'm on level 8 of 12 and I haven't seen any glitches yet. For $5, I recommend it. Is it perfect? Not by a long shot, but for $5, how can I really complain?

2. Sorry, but I don't know much about the story. I don't care for stories for many, many of the XBLA games so I just skip them.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']NAH, they'll run at the sametime.

What....2-3-4 months ago was it...I dont remember but I believe they did something similiar and the two sales ran at the sametime.

I wouldn't stress about it.

I personally am going to wait until I see the one day sale before I drop my points.

Besides, other than Shank, I am luke warm on Section 8: Prejudice and Ghostbusters.

Is it its own wacky story or does it continue anything from the disc based game? It doesnt have to be an expansion pack thats not what I mean, I mean like does the story pick off after the GB disc game or something like that or did they like act as if that game didnt happen and dont mention it and just have four random characters go at it with no story about the Old School guys (Peter,Ray,Egon,Winston)?[/QUOTE]

Haven't played the disc game, but the story seemed to take place many years after the films (you don't play as the original ghost busters), and it does at least reference the 2nd film several times (with one supporting character making an appearance). That said, the comics were like literally scanned into the game and not optimized for a TV screen at all and I couldn't read half of the damn dialogue.

Atari actually stopped sending me download codes for review shortly after I published my review on GB: SOS.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
Atari actually stopped sending me download codes for review shortly after I published my review on GB: SOS.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should stop publishing shitty downloadable games on XBLA.

[quote name='simmias']Here's the latest from their Facebook page (posted Sept. 1):

Hopefully it's not just a crummy smartphone or iPad game, though! Exciting news nonetheless, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that update. I LOVE the Pinball Hall of Fame series but can't get into the Zen series.

[quote name='louiedog']Maybe they should stop publishing shitty downloadable games on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Yar's Revenge was actually kind of fun, if not surprisingly difficult and lacking in story.

Star Raiders would of been far more fun if it wasn't so repetitive.

Funny thing, The Witcher 2, which they sent me a code for, is currently our highest rated game on the site.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']1. I'm actually enjoying Ghostbusters. I believe I'm on level 8 of 12 and I haven't seen any glitches yet. For $5, I recommend it. Is it perfect? Not by a long shot, but for $5, how can I really complain?[/QUOTE]
Forcing you to watch comics with dialogue bubbles and WITHOUT voice-overs in order to get an achievement is an inherent glitch in game-design.

[quote name='steveau']It might not be worth Microsoft putting Full House Porker on sale.[/QUOTE]
I don't know this one. Does it compete with Fat Princess?

[quote name='utopianmachine']We need tomorrow spoilered. Like, now.[/QUOTE]
Don't care about Thursday ... a more pressing question is if the current batch will expire before the usual Monday evening end-of-promo?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Yar's Revenge was actually kind of fun, if not surprisingly difficult and lacking in story.

Star Raiders would of been far more fun if it wasn't so repetitive.

Funny thing, The Witcher 2, which they sent me a code for, is currently our highest rated game on the site.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten around to Yar's Revenge yet, but the 5 minutes I played made it seem much more competent than most of their stuff. The Undergarden is also a fine chillout sort of game. It was pretty repetitive, but there was nothing anger inducing about it like a lot of the others.

I don't include The Witcher 2 when I complain about these games. I'm more talking about the $10-$15 games. They don't seem to think it's worth funding them properly I guess.

before its asked, yes torchlight is worth 400. its long as shit and what i love the most is it is THE MOST pick up and play friendly game ever. it auto saves exactly where you are when you quit. if you like the words dungeon or loot, just get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back