Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

Hey, I'll be getting a new 360 since mine is freezing up and getting replaced for the second time in 6 months................wish they would give me the 2 games.

In support of the Kayden....what is a falcon?....other than a bird of prey.....

I went to my local Best Buy to pick up some of those buy-one-get-one-free DVDs and saw that they had a stack of 30 or so Falcon 360 Holiday Pro bundles. I really wanted to buy one right there.

But since people have been reporting Falcons from Amazon I thought I'd take the chance and save $20. I ordered one from Amazon.

Falcon 360 = Both CPU and GPU have been shrunk so they run cooler and cheaper, have a much better heat sink, and have no report of RROD. If your really lucky you get a falcon with a benq drive and the thing runs extremely quiet as well. So to sum it up the falcon is the model the 360 should have been out the door.

Follow the link for all the information on the falcon including how to identify if your 360 is a falcon:

http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3152&p=3

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Falcon set only has the shrunk CPU, the GPU shrink won't be until next year.

[quote name='Filbert']Actually, I'm pretty sure the Falcon set only has the shrunk CPU, the GPU shrink won't be until next year.[/quote]

The Falcon GPU went 90nm -> 80nm according to the tech sites. It's not much of a shrink, but I'm sure every little bit helps.

[quote name='RiPPn'] If your really lucky you get a falcon with a benq drive and the thing runs extremely quiet as well. [/quote]

I have a Falcon w/ BenQ and it's anything but quiet.
Slightly quiter than the previous 360's, but not by much at all.

It's quiet reading, but spinning it's like a tornado.
A quieter tornado.... or something like that.

Yup... um.

When my cousin brought his launch 360 to my house over Thanksgiving I was surprised at how loud it was. It dwarfed my PC and was easily heard over the movie playing on the TV.

Hopefully these newer ones are better.

[quote name='rizzo']How exactly did you "ask" for it?[/quote]

I emailed Amazon that I was interested in purchasing the Xbox Pro Holiday Bundle and some of my friends had ordered one from Amazon with their "Gold Box" promotion for 332.50.

I then stated that I would like to purchase the Holiday bundle for the Gold Box price of 332.50 if possible.

The customer rep responded that I should buy the 360 bundle for 349.99, and then email them back so they could credit me $17.50. Very easy!

My Elite has a manu date of 10-27 and lists the 175w PSU with the BenQ drive. I'm going to try and confirm it's a Falcon later.

I will say whatever it is, while it is not spooling the drive, this thing is whisper quiet. When loading a disc, I'd say it's slightly quieter than my original Premium, and loads better than the refurb Premium they sent me.

Oh yeah, guess I should make sure this one plays region 1 DVDs. :roll:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']My Elite has a manu date of 10-27 and lists the 175w PSU with the BenQ drive. I'm going to try and confirm it's a Falcon later.

I will say whatever it is, while it is not spooling the drive, this thing is whisper quiet. When loading a disc, I'd say it's slightly quieter than my original Premium, and loads better than the refurb Premium they sent me.

Oh yeah, guess I should make sure this one plays region 1 DVDs. :roll:[/quote]

From what I understand, all 360s with a 175w PSU are Falcon. So it looks like you're good to go.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']My Elite has a manu date of 10-27 and lists the 175w PSU with the BenQ drive. [/quote]

Where does it "list" the drive? I thought the only way to determine your drive was to take a look at the open tray (or open the case). Either way you're opening the box.

[quote name='lpj8']I emailed Amazon that I was interested in purchasing the Xbox Pro Holiday Bundle and some of my friends had ordered one from Amazon with their "Gold Box" promotion for 332.50.

I then stated that I would like to purchase the Holiday bundle for the Gold Box price of 332.50 if possible.

The customer rep responded that I should buy the 360 bundle for 349.99, and then email them back so they could credit me $17.50. Very easy![/quote]

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of this, or try it, before. I've been waiting around for the 360 Pro Bundle to show up in my Gold Box when I just got tired of waiting and ordered today. Then I read your post.

So I stated that I had bought the 360 but afterward learned (okay, not exactly true I guess) of the Gold Box 5% discount and wanted it applied. They applied it no problem.

Awesome. I'll have to wait a week longer but I saved around $37 versus buying it at Best Buy today.

Now as long as it's a Falcon model I won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Filbert']Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of this, or try it, before. I've been waiting around for the 360 Pro Bundle to show up in my Gold Box when I just got tired of waiting and ordered today. Then I read your post.

So I stated that I had bought the 360 but afterward learned (okay, not exactly true I guess) of the Gold Box 5% discount and wanted it applied. They applied it no problem.

Awesome. I'll have to wait a week longer but I saved around $37 versus buying it at Best Buy today.

Now as long as it's a Falcon model I won't be disappointed.[/quote]

Nice, I'm glad you saved some cash. :)

Does anyone know how often Costco gets new 360 Elites in?

I have $130 in gift cards from them so I want to buy the system there.

[quote name='Tendoboy']Hey, I'll be getting a new 360 since mine is freezing up and getting replaced for the second time in 6 months................wish they would give me the 2 games.

In support of the Kayden....what is a falcon?....other than a bird of prey.....[/QUOTE]

I tried to play a game yesterday until it froze up and we got the RED EYE OF DEATH...............I called Xbox and told them and they extended the warrantee thru 2010........I'm trying to buy another one to sytem link (maybe they will last longer than 6 months at a time) , I guess no better time than now.................

***************** Thanks! RIPPn and Walt Jay

[quote name='gantt']Where does it "list" the drive? I thought the only way to determine your drive was to take a look at the open tray (or open the case). Either way you're opening the box.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. Two seperate statements.

[quote name='Filbert']When my cousin brought his launch 360 to my house over Thanksgiving I was surprised at how loud it was. It dwarfed my PC and was easily heard over the movie playing on the TV.

Hopefully these newer ones are better.[/QUOTE]

They are, but that's not saying anything. Read:

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I have a Falcon w/ BenQ and it's anything but quiet.
Slightly quiter than the previous 360's, but not by much at all.

It's quiet reading, but spinning it's like a tornado.
A quieter tornado.... or something like that.

Yup... um.[/QUOTE]

The new ones are "quieter" but that's like saying a blender or vacuum cleaner is quieter than a lawn mower. Technically true, but it's still a joke how loud it is. Some people (probably with hearing loss) don't mind, but for others of us we can't use the system as our main system because of it. I continue to be baffled why Microsoft didn't address this before originally releasing the system.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The new ones are "quieter" but that's like saying a blender or vacuum cleaner is quieter than a lawn mower. Technically true, but it's still a joke how loud it is. Some people (probably with hearing loss) don't mind, but for others of us we can't use the system as our main system because of it. I continue to be baffled why Microsoft didn't address this before originally releasing the system.[/quote]

It's bad, but I try not to pay attention to it.
I rather hear a loud fan or spin noise than a grinding noise any day.
Like you said though, i'm amused they haven't put a silencer on these yet. But if they can't they can't.

Instead of packing a 360 with a small mic headset though... they should pack it with a full on noise canceling headset with a mic so you can hear the game and talk at the same time.

Well after cancelling my Buy.com order for a 360 Pro (because it was OOS and backordered) and ordering one from Amazon, I thought I was all set. After a few days I get an e-mail from Buy.com that they shipped my canceled order anyway! Fine, I go to Amazon to cancel that one but the lady from India says its too late to cancel and I can just refuse the shipment when it arrives. So I have one arriving this Monday (Buy.com) and one arriving on Wed. (Amazon). Has anyone ever refused a shipment? I'm afraid the overworked UPS guy is gonna slug me for wasting his time..............

[quote name='Wolfpup']They are, but that's not saying anything. Read:

The new ones are "quieter" but that's like saying a blender or vacuum cleaner is quieter than a lawn mower. Technically true, but it's still a joke how loud it is. Some people (probably with hearing loss) don't mind, but for others of us we can't use the system as our main system because of it. I continue to be baffled why Microsoft didn't address this before originally releasing the system.[/QUOTE]

Oh. My. God.

How many months have you been talking about this?

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Well after cancelling my Buy.com order for a 360 Pro (because it was OOS and backordered) and ordering one from Amazon, I thought I was all set. After a few days I get an e-mail from Buy.com that they shipped my canceled order anyway! Fine, I go to Amazon to cancel that one but the lady from India says its too late to cancel and I can just refuse the shipment when it arrives. So I have one arriving this Monday (Buy.com) and one arriving on Wed. (Amazon). Has anyone ever refused a shipment? I'm afraid the overworked UPS guy is gonna slug me for wasting his time..............[/quote]

unless you live an hour off a main highway in a cabin within a forest near dead mans curve, they wont mind.

I feel like a jackass... I found a Falcon, the only Pro, this morning at Target, and decided to wait a little longer to get it... Then after a few stores, I found NO Pro's. And of coure the Falcon had to be gone... fuck.

[quote name='V-G']I feel like a jackass... I found a Falcon, the only Pro, this morning at Target, and decided to wait a little longer to get it... Then after a few stores, I found NO Pro's. And of coure the Falcon had to be gone... fuck.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were waiting to see if any of the retailers would bundle some freebies with the 360 before Christmas?

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I thought you were waiting to see if any of the retailers would bundle some freebies with the 360 before Christmas?[/QUOTE]
I gave up on that because I'm not seeing too many Pro's sitting around. I don't want to see what it's gonna look like next week...

[quote name='Filbert']
So I stated that I had bought the 360 but afterward learned (okay, not exactly true I guess) of the Gold Box 5% discount and wanted it applied. They applied it no problem.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them this morning before purchasing it and they sent me back some blah blah email about how their promotions work and it didn't really even answer my question. I'm just gonna order one and email them later. Could you PM me what you said to them?

I got the pro yesturday at Best Buy (Store 239) and it was quite possibly the longest purchase ever.

As i get to the line, of fucking course they only have 2 people working the register while there are 20+ people waiting in line.
I finaly get to the register after about 15-20 minutes and the chick ringing me up imediatly briefed me on the extended warrenty.
I told her no thanks i just wanted the system. Out of no where this other employee (probably a manager or some shit) continues
to try to sell me the warrenty. I tell her no thank you i just want the system. This goes on for about 15 minutes as i continue to
tell her no....5 mother fucking times.

Then after i explain to her that my friend had a problem with his and sent it off to a microsoft repair center and got it back within
the same week. This pissed her off and told me if something went wrong with my system and wanted to return it "i will be the
one who tells you NO", then she storms off.

Jesus fuck why is it so hard to buy a fucking xbox 360

[quote name='Cuban__B']I got the pro yesturday at Best Buy (Store 239) and it was quite possibly the longest purchase ever.

As i get to the line, of fucking course they only have 2 people working the register while there are 20+ people waiting in line.
I finaly get to the register after about 15-20 minutes and the chick ringing me up imediatly briefed me on the extended warrenty.
I told her no thanks i just wanted the system. Out of no where this other employee (probably a manager or some shit) continues
to try to sell me the warrenty. I tell her no thank you i just want the system. This goes on for about 15 minutes as i continue to

Then after i explain to her that my friend had a problem with his and sent it off to a microsoft repair center and got it back within
the same week. This pissed her off and told me if something went wrong with my system and wanted to return it "i will be the

Jesus fuck why is it so hard to buy a fucking xbox 360[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm torn between B&M and Amazon. I don't want to have to deal with the pushing of Extended Warranties and tax, but at the same time I want to be able to check the box for a Falcon (even though Amazon has started shipping out Falcons).

BTW...

1-888-BEST-BUY

It's really easy to stop that. Just say, "If you ask again I'm buying nothing and walking out." Shuts them up very quickly.

[quote name='Cuban__B']I got the pro yesturday at Best Buy (Store 239) and it was quite possibly the longest purchase ever.

Jesus fuck why is it so hard to buy a fucking xbox 360[/quote]

Somebody explain please!!!

I just bought a Premium(Doesn't say "Go Pro". Has NEW games on the box though.) and this is what I got:

Man. Date: October 23, 2007

Lot #: 0743

Team: FDOU

Power: 175W
BUT

Fails both "Falcon" tests. I see copper coils and a little copper pipe. 2 green thingies on the left, one on the right.... What the fuck?

For all those people looking for a Falcon, let it be known, box signs hold NO assurance. Only a warm fuzzy feeling.

P.S. How do you tell the drive?

Kinda funny: Target's 360 had RRoD and Circuit City was selling a Premium manufactured in 06'!!!

[quote name='V-G']Somebody explain please!!!

I just bought a Premium(Doesn't say "Go Pro". Has NEW games on the box though.) and this is what I got:

Man. Date: October 23, 2007

Lot #: 0743

Power: 175W
BUT

Fails both "Falcon" tests. I see copper coils and a little copper pipe. 2 green thingies on the left, one on the right.... What the fuck?

For all those people looking for a Falcon, let it be known, box signs hold NO assurance. Only a warm fuzzy feeling.

P.S. How do you tell the drive?

Kinda funny: Target's 360 had RRoD and Circuit City was selling a Premium manufactured in 06'!!![/QUOTE]

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/dvdtest/samsung-hitachi-benq.jpg
that's a picture of the different disc trays that denote which drive you have.

Did you do the inductor test on your 360? That's the most definitive way to know supposedly.

I get my Elite VALUE bundle (why is it not called the holiday bundle?) from Amazon Monday I got it fro $449 free shipping no tax and 2 games that are going up on ebay as soon as I open the box. Does anybody know if this Value bundle has falcon chip?

It ha 3 inductors. 2 on the left a 1 on the right. That doesn't make any sense! Are they still making Zephrys(sp?)?

Gotcha.

Damn, that thing is a bitch to see into. What I saw confirms I have a Falcon.

Anyone else notice with the new PSUs that the cord is easier to take out the 360?

[quote name='V-G']It ha 3 inductors. 2 on the left a 1 on the right. That doesn't make any sense! Are they still making Zephrys(sp?)?[/QUOTE]
Way over on the right? I don't think that's related.

I saw one over there too, but I clearly saw a circle with no inductor on it like the third picture.

[quote name='V-G']It ha 3 inductors. 2 on the left a 1 on the right. That doesn't make any sense! Are they still making Zephrys(sp?)?[/QUOTE]
sounds like someone put mis-packaged your 360 with another one. They are probably just still selling the stock they have left which is why people still get the older versions.

edit: and yes CocheseUGA is right the inductors you are looking for have to be in those circles. If there is an empty circle then you have a Falcon.

edit2: the inductors are the copper coils, not the rods.

Wait a minute... Am I looking for the copper coils wrapped in a circle or the little green-tipped rods?

edit: I got 2 coils! My bad... Hmmm...

[quote name='V-G']:newbie: False Alarm...[/quote]

If you got a 175w power brick (not on the box but check the brick itself) then you 100%, no nothing, no buts, no ahhhh?, You got a Falcon.
Ok?
Because the old zephyr boards use more power and require more watts so if you try to run a old 360 on the 175w its gonna burn out the brick.

The inductor and heatsink flashlight test is for people like me.
I have a 203w power brick on my new xbox 360 but i did all the tests and i for sure have a falcon.
A falcon can use a 203w brick even tho it doesnt use all of its power but a zephry cant use a 175w.

Has anyone seen a Falcon in an Arcade package yet? I've seen both Pros and Elites with 175w stickers, but no Arcades so far.

I just bought a Xbox 360 from Amazon. Purchased on 12/6/07, shipped from Jacksonville, FL.

Manufactored Date: 10/25/07
Lot #: 743
Power Adaptor: 175W

Looks like I have a Falcon!

[quote name='elmyra']Has anyone seen a Falcon in an Arcade package yet? I've seen both Pros and Elites with 175w stickers, but no Arcades so far.[/quote]

I haven't seen an Arcade with a 175w sticker, but I have seen an arcade with a 175w power adapter.

[quote name='lpj8']I just bought a Xbox 360 from Amazon. Purchased on 12/6/07, shipped from Jacksonville, FL.

Manufactored Date: 10/25/07
Lot #: 743
Power Adaptor: 175W

Looks like I have a Falcon![/quote]

Which SKU did you buy?

bread's done
Back