Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

[quote name='spideymike']My old original Xbox brick has been running great all these years, while my 360 seems so much more fragile. I understand that it builds up heat, but I'm still amazed how loud the system is while playing a game and how warm the console is after having it on for a few hours. That's just ineffiency on MS's part. Sure the warranty for the RROD is nice, but they shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place. I don't hear any PS3 owners (not that I really know any) complain about their consoles on how loud they run and how they overheat.[/quote]
My best friend at work says that his PS3 gets so hot that he thinks he could heat his house with it. I know that is an exaggeration, but they also get extremely hot expecially with the power supply being built inside the unit, they seem to have either better fans in the unit and the build quality is probably higher. Although untrue about Playstation systems never having problems, everyone I know who is a serious gamer has had to replace their PS2 at least once because the DVD drive just eventually decides to quit.

Ordered a 360 Premium w Game Bundle on 1/10/08 from Buy.com using the 5% coupon ($15 max) and got it 1/15/08, using their free shipping service as well. Alright BUY.com, They get a big THUMBS UP from me. :lol:

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']For those who wish to know, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:
  1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs) (So far only Halo 3 Lot 0734 consoles have been found with 65nm)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)
How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.[/quote]

the 360 specs:

Manufacture Date: 10/29/07

Lot# 0744

Team FDOU

I will edit this post once I find out what drive it is.

The simple way to see if it's a Falcon is to check the wattage on the AC adapter. If it's 175W with a plastic connector that connects to the 360, it's a Falcon without question.

[quote name='morpheusx']Although untrue about Playstation systems never having problems, everyone I know who is a serious gamer has had to replace their PS2 at least once because the DVD drive just eventually decides to quit.[/quote]

Guess I'm not a serious gamer, either. Oh well, one does have to make some sacrifices to have a life. No product "never" has problems. I've never seen anywhere near the number of reports of problems for the PS2 as I have for the 360, however, and the PS2 has sold 10x the units. As for the DVD drive, I do have the original PS2, while the slim unit was clearly done to reduce Sony's costs, so you can draw your own conclusions about the relative reliability of their parts.

For those hunting Falcon bundles:

I went hunting for a Falcon Elite bundle last week in Southern Califas and couldn't find any in the Inland Empire, but I did stumble across something interesting. All the Elites I found had double stickers on their sides: a new sticker is being put over the original, covering the lot #, Team info and wattage. The new stickers have Team TMEM on them, with no other info.
Turns out, those are potentially mislabelled Falcons--the underlying sticker has the wattage at 203W, but in the box there's a 175W power supply (I got one and cracked open the box in the parking lot, just in case I had to take it back for being a non-Falcon). It does say it's Team FDOU and build date is late November '07 on the underlying label, but 203W.

Team TMEM potentially are Falcons--I am only an n=1, so I'm not statistically significant. Just wanted to give people a heads-up, in case someone finds bundles with different labelling and don't want to pull the trigger for a non-Falcon 360.

[quote name='Evil Herbivore']
Team TMEM potentially are Falcons--I am only an n=1, so I'm not statistically significant. Just wanted to give people a heads-up, in case someone finds bundles with different labelling and don't want to pull the trigger for a non-Falcon 360.[/quote]

The explanation I've heard regarding TMEM is that it's the "team" assigned to all the boxes that were repackaged. Take an older system, throw in the pack-in game, slap on the sticker reflecting the inclusion of the pack-in games, and put the new TMEM label over the old one.

It's a roll of the dice. Just like 360 ownership overall.

[quote name='Caswell']The explanation I've heard regarding TMEM is that it's the "team" assigned to all the boxes that were repackaged. Take an older system, throw in the pack-in game, slap on the sticker reflecting the inclusion of the pack-in games, and put the new TMEM label over the old one.

It's a roll of the dice. Just like 360 ownership overall.[/quote]

This is not true. The TMEM sticker is a STICKER that is being put on MOST Xbox 360 systems not specifically to repackaged systems alone.

The above poster as well as myself have both gotten TMEM stickered systems that cover up the true team, lot #, and PSU wattage. That said, inside the TMEM labeled boxes are Falcons in our case.

I have recently (last 30 days) bought 2 FALCON XBOX 360's, a TEAM FDOU Lot #745 GO PRO model and a TEAM CSON Lot #742 GO BIG Elite model.

They both had TMEM stickers on the outside and one of them even had a 203 watt PSU sticker underneath the TMEM sticker but both had the 175 watt PSU inside the boxes which as we know, only works with the cooler and less power consuming Falcon motherboards.

So clearly they are stickering new Motherboard and chipset Falcon' with the TMEM stickers as well. MAYBE to move the older units and confuse people from discerning the Falcons amongst the older stock.

I say just look at the last 5 digits of the serial number which will indicate the LOT # or week of manufacturing and the TEAM #.

The higher the lot # the better of course.

Good luck to all still hunting a Falcon 360.

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']This is not true. The TMEM sticker is a STICKER that is being put on MOST Xbox 360 systems not specifically to repackaged systems alone.[/quote]

I looked at a number of 360's while I was shopping around, and never saw TMEM on any of them that weren't the repackaged bundles - the systems with the shiny "2 Games Included!" sticker on the older box that doesn't have "Go Pro" printed on it.

If the TMEM sticker is covering up an FDOU label, then yeah, it could be a Falcon. There's also the possibility that the TMEM is covering a label from an team that didn't make the switch over to the Falcons as soon. Like I said before, it's rolling the dice. Nothing untrue about that.

EDIT: Here's a random blog link that has some decent pictures showing that the TMEM sticker was slapped on an Elite after it was opened, the pack-in thrown in, and resealed: http://broo2.blogspot.com/2007/10/xbox-360-elite-holiday-bundle-looking.html

I should clarify: all the Elites I spotted with the TMEM (5 total) were not bundles. I also saw it on a few Pro models that were also not bundles. Maybe TMEM is becoming more prevalent on the non-bundled units?

Those bundles are hard to come by--I saw one Pro bundle in my hunt last week. Decided to get an Elite to replace my dying Pro, since I thought I had a good chance for a Falcon.

[quote name='Caswell']I looked at a number of 360's while I was shopping around, and never saw TMEM on any of them that weren't the repackaged bundles - the systems with the shiny "2 Games Included!" sticker on the older box that doesn't have "Go Pro" printed on it.

If the TMEM sticker is covering up an FDOU label, then yeah, it could be a Falcon. There's also the possibility that the TMEM is covering a label from an team that didn't make the switch over to the Falcons as soon. Like I said before, it's rolling the dice. Nothing untrue about that.

EDIT: Here's a random blog link that has some decent pictures showing that the TMEM sticker was slapped on an Elite after it was opened, the pack-in thrown in, and resealed: http://broo2.blogspot.com/2007/10/xbox-360-elite-holiday-bundle-looking.html[/quote]
AGAIN, I will repeat myself. I bought an XBOX 360 ELITE at Bestbuy and it was a TMEM sticker on the outside even though it had the words 'GO BIG' printed on the box. Underneath the sticker, there was a TEAM CSON label showing 203 watts LOT #742.

Inside the box of course was a Falcon motherboard with 175 PSU. ALSO, I went to several Best Buys a week or two before Christmas and saw STACKS of XBOX 360 'GO PRO' models and they ALL had TMEM stickers on them, but I could tell by deciphering the serial number that they were all LOT #743 and LOT #742 some TEAM FDOU and some TEAM CSON(serial number ending with 05 or 07 respectively)

Furthermore, I picked up a additional Xbox 360 with the GO PRO printed on the box from K-mart around January 5th and it ALSO had a TEAM TMEM sticker covering up the original TEAM FDOU sticker LOT #745 underneath.

I did come across a TMEM stickered 360 at Gamestop that was an older stock unit converted to a holiday bundle. It was a LOT #738 zephyr TEAM CSON. Finally, when I grabbed my KMART LOT #745 team FDOU with a TMEM sticker covering up that info, it sat along side a OLD LOT #731 Zephyr that also had a TMEM sticker on it too. Funny thing is, I bought my Lot 745 FDOU 2 weeks ago and when I went into Kmart 2 days ago, the OLD LOT #731 is still sitting there ! lol..

So that said, I do know what I am talking about here. I have been hunting these frickin' Falcon's for months and very active on the Xbox.com forum thread about how to determine a Falcon from a Zephyr.

Your blog you referenced is nice and all and obviously they found a OLD zephyr that had been opened up and 'converted' to a holiday bundle, but that is just 1 instance only and not the reality of what the TMEM sticker signifies.

I still think it was a move on MS part to CONFUSE or limit people from knowing whether they in fact were getting an old unit or a new unit or whether they were getting a 175 watt unit or a 203 watt unit since some people were returning these consoles at a torrid pace just because they thought they were not getting a Falcon. Those returns cost Microsoft money.

In many instances, I am sure the consoles worked perfectly yet were returned !:roll:

Anyways, that is the real scoop and based on my own first hand experience in many retail stores (GAMESTOP, BEST BUY, CIRCUIT CITY etc) and now I am done talking about it.

Just trying to help as always....

Xfactor4

[EDIT]: All the consoles I saw were holiday bundles with the pack ins including the GO PRO and GO BIG ELITE 360's I ended up purchasing.

[quote name='gantt']Guess I'm not a serious gamer, either. Oh well, one does have to make some sacrifices to have a life. No product "never" has problems. I've never seen anywhere near the number of reports of problems for the PS2 as I have for the 360, however, and the PS2 has sold 10x the units. As for the DVD drive, I do have the original PS2, while the slim unit was clearly done to reduce Sony's costs, so you can draw your own conclusions about the relative reliability of their parts.[/quote]

Absolutely. I mean, is there even any question that the 360 has been a bundle of problems? I don't think any console has ever had this high a rate of failure. We all know that some people have blown the RRoD completely out of proportion, but when a company goes out of their way to alter their own warranty in order to cover their asses, you know there are serious issues at hand. I don't believe these people who claim they have gone through like ten freaking 360s that got the RRoD, but a few of my friends have gotten through two or three consoles. That's simply insane and unacceptable in this short a period of time. I had to replace my cicra-launch PS2 (DREs), and the one after that lasted me five years. I traded it in towards my PS3, so I will assume that it is still out there working.

I think you are a bit off talking about the wattage as I have a falcon I bought in Nov and it has the older 203 w power supply. It is a newer falcon from our freinds at FDOU because I can plainly see it has less capacitors compared to an older model and is a lot cooler.

[quote name='Xfactor4']
AGAIN, I will repeat myself...

...I did come across a TMEM stickered 360 at Gamestop that was an older stock unit converted to a holiday bundle. It was a LOT #738 zephyr TEAM CSON. Finally, when I grabbed my KMART LOT #745 team FDOU with a TMEM sticker covering up that info, it sat along side a OLD LOT #731 Zephyr that also had a TMEM sticker on it too. Funny thing is, I bought my Lot 745 FDOU 2 weeks ago and when I went into Kmart 2 days ago, the OLD LOT #731 is still sitting there ! lol...[/quote]

So what you're saying is that you came across multiple old stock, repackaged TMEM units along with newer units with TMEM labels, some sitting right next to each other.

That's what I was saying as well. Thanks for reinforcing my point :D

EDIT: Were all of the TMEM units you saw bundled with Forza / MUA? The disappearance of that TMEM label coincided with the end of the bundle in my area - the 360 I bought the day after Christmas came sans bundle but the team FDOU sticker, lot 747, 175W wasn't covered with anything either.

[quote name='spideymike']My old original Xbox brick has been running great all these years, while my 360 seems so much more fragile. I understand that it builds up heat, but I'm still amazed how loud the system is while playing a game and how warm the console is after having it on for a few hours. That's just ineffiency on MS's part. Sure the warranty for the RROD is nice, but they shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place. I don't hear any PS3 owners (not that I really know any) complain about their consoles on how loud they run and how they overheat.[/QUOTE]

Free exchanges is really a good deal in my opinion. MS is trying to make right on their mistake. My only concern right now is that it appears that we do not get the newer systems when we exchange our broken systems. I would expect MS to put a permanent fix out for all users since they know the old systems are going to break.

^^Indiana, that was my biggest suprise. I would have *thought* that they would want to get all the oldest systems out of circulation when they come in for repairs. However, I got back a system pre-HDMI when I sent mine in after Christmas (it too was a pre-HDMI system). I dont know enough about the 'innards' of the machine, but I would think that any machine they sent out, whether new or "repaired" would have the most reliable fix that they know about.

But from those who have said they are on their 3rd or greater 360, it seems like the Zepher-era heat sink/epoxy combo wasnt quite enough!

[quote name='Caswell']So what you're saying is that you came across multiple old stock, repackaged TMEM units along with newer units with TMEM labels, some sitting right next to each other.

That's what I was saying as well. Thanks for reinforcing my point :D

EDIT: Were all of the TMEM units you saw bundled with Forza / MUA? The disappearance of that TMEM label coincided with the end of the bundle in my area - the 360 I bought the day after Christmas came sans bundle but the team FDOU sticker, lot 747, 175W wasn't covered with anything either.[/quote]

All the TMEM labeled units were still holdiday forza 2 bundles.

As to reinforcing your point, that is not actually what I said. You must have only skimmed my message.

My point was that ALL the holiday bundles I saw had the TMEM sticker label on it. At Best Buy for example, the WHOLE STACK was TMEM lot #743 and Lot #744 with NO OLD stock in there. They were all FALCONS with some FDOU and some CSON.

The only place I saw the MIXED new and old consoles was at Kmart where a LOT #731 sat next to a LOT #745 with the new GO PRO writing on the box.

Your point was originally that the TMEM stickers were ONLY for repackaged older units and that is not true. MS is using the TMEM stickers on nearly ALL the Xbox 360's these days using the TMEM sticker to cover up the TRUE team and lot #.

Anyways, whatever. TMEM does not mean anything is my point. Serial number and Lot # mean much more with 175 watt PSU 100% confirming Falcon motherboard since the Zephyrs need 203 watts to run.

Xfactor4

[quote name='FuzyBaffy']I think you are a bit off talking about the wattage as I have a falcon I bought in Nov and it has the older 203 w power supply. It is a newer falcon from our freinds at FDOU because I can plainly see it has less capacitors compared to an older model and is a lot cooler.[/quote]

Actually I was not off at all but should clarify. The Zephyrs ONLY work with a 203 watt PSU. The Falcon Motherboards will work with EITHER a 175 watt PSU OR a 203 watt PSU. Either one will work since the Falcons use LESS than 175 watts.

The ZEPHYR on the other hand MUST HAVE the 203 watt and the 175 watt PSU will not even plug into that board for safety reasons. There is a pin in place to block the connection.

The FALCON can use either PSU 175 watt or PSU 203 watt. In fact, the early transitional FALCON models (October and November) were in fact packaged with the 203 watt PSU.

SO a 203 watt PSU might still be a Falcon but a 175 watt PSU can ONLY be a Falcon.

Again, hope this helps some...

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']...MS is using the TMEM stickers on nearly ALL the Xbox 360's these days using the TMEM sticker to cover up the TRUE team and lot #...[/quote]

That's not true. The Falcon I purchased at Best Buy the day after Christmas had no TMEM sticker, just the original FDOU, lot 747, 175W sticker. I mentioned that already. You must have been skimming my post.

My 360 had no bundle. Every bundled system that's been discussed had a TMEM sticker covering the original label.

What's the more plausible scenario; that MS used a supplemental label to mark a temporary holiday bundle, or that they're using them to intentionally muddy the waters so that a minority of educated consumers can't get the specific unit they want and a few select units (mine included) escaped their skullduggery?

[quote name='Caswell']That's not true. The Falcon I purchased at Best Buy the day after Christmas had no TMEM sticker, just the original FDOU, lot 747, 175W sticker. I mentioned that already. You must have been skimming my post.

My 360 had no bundle. Every bundled system that's been discussed had a TMEM sticker covering the original label.

What's the more plausible scenario; that MS used a supplemental label to mark a temporary holiday bundle, or that they're using them to intentionally muddy the waters so that a minority of educated consumers can't get the specific unit they want and a few select units (mine included) escaped their skullduggery?[/quote]

Hmmm... It is true that every 360 I looked at was the bundled version at that they all had the TMEM sticker on them.

Apparantly with your lot #747 and higher, MS has stopped the Holiday bundle ?

Everything I spoke of was LOT #745 and below and all were bundles and all had the TMEM stickers on them. It is what it is...

My original point still stands though that the TMEM sticker does NOT mean you will not have a Falcon NOR does it mean that you have AN OLD STOCK unit repackaged.

You have said nothing that would indicate otherwise and my first hand experience desproves your contention that TMEM is ONLY for OLD STOCK REPACKAGED bundles.

Both my holiday bundle Xbox 360's had TMEM sticker and both were Falcon motherboards. 1 Elite and 1 Pro.

Speaks for itself...

Xfactor4

P.S. Havn't we beat this horse to death already...?? :D Moving on...

My original point was that TMEM was a supplement (holiday bundle) tacked onto existing systems.

I think you got a bit hung up on the "repackaged" bit in my original comment. Obviously if the TMEM sticker is going over the original team sticker (FDOU, CSON, or otherwise) the bundling / relabeling is being done by another group of employees, hence "repackaged".

I never said that TMEM excluded Falcons.

Moving on as well.

[quote name='Caswell']My original point was that TMEM was a supplement (holiday bundle) tacked onto existing systems. I think you got a bit hung up on the repackaged bit.

I never said that TMEM excluded Falcons.

Moving on as well.[/quote]
Sorry, I couldn't help myself just one last time responding here to this thread...No hard feelings BUT....

Your original point was in response to someone looking for a FALCON motherboard who commented that their TMEM unit was a FALCON to which you responded,

[["The explanation I've heard regarding TMEM is that it's the "team" assigned to all the boxes that were repackaged.

Take an older system, throw in the pack-in game, slap on the sticker reflecting the inclusion of the pack-in games, and put the new TMEM label over the old one.

It's a roll of the dice. Just like 360 ownership overall."]] -
Caswell

It is hard to discuss something with someone who's original point is a moving target. I think maybe even you forgot what your ORIGINAL point was.:roll:

Oh well.. like I said before, we have beat this horse to death and now anyone reading along is quite clear what the TMEM sticker means and/or does not mean.

Have a great day.. I gotta get back to work and off this darn site that I love so much...

Peace..:whistle2:#

Xfactor4

[quote name='Caswell'] think you got a bit hung up on the "repackaged" bit in my original comment. Obviously if the TMEM sticker is going over the original team sticker (FDOU, CSON, or otherwise) the bundling / relabeling is being done by another group of employees, hence "repackaged".[/quote]

;)

[quote name='Caswell']Every bundled system that's been discussed had a TMEM sticker covering the original label.[/quote]

Perhaps in the last few posts, but there are plenty of FDOU holiday bundles, where the FDOU label is the only label.

[quote name='gantt']Perhaps in the last few posts, but there are plenty of FDOU holiday bundles, where the FDOU label is the only label.[/quote]

Hmmm.. Thanks for the clarification. It seems the TMEM sticker DOES NOT mean holiday bundle after all.

The mystery surrounding the double stickering and use of team 'TMEM' continues.... lol...

Xfactor4

[quote name='Nolimits']Ordered a 360 Premium w Game Bundle on 1/10/08 from Buy.com using the 5% coupon ($15 max) and got it 1/15/08, using their free shipping service as well. Alright BUY.com, They get a big THUMBS UP from me. :lol:

the 360 specs:

Manufacture Date: 10/29/07

Lot# 0744

Team FDOU

I will edit this post once I find out what drive it is.[/quote]

175w btw.

But got the Hitachi Drive :(

Was hoping for the Benq, but ohh well, cant complain really that I got a 360 Pro Falcon chipset with 2 Game Bundle for 334.99 shipped AFTER the holiday rush.

[quote name='Xfactor4']
The mystery surrounding the double stickering and use of team 'TMEM' continues.... lol...[/quote]

We'll never know! LOL!

:lol:

[quote name='gantt']Perhaps in the last few posts, but there are plenty of FDOU holiday bundles, where the FDOU label is the only label.[/quote]

Yup, mine is a holiday bundle marked FDOU/175w on the label, with no TMEM sticker over it.

Maybe the TMEM sticker is in place to keep people from hunting down Falcon units, so the old stock will be sold at the same rate as the new stock to unwary buyers.

I seem to have Holiday Bundle, that says CSON underneath the the "TEAM" sticker. It also has a BenQ drive and it says 203w on the power brick, but I cannot find the lot number anywhere.

How can I find the lot number, is it the "TEAM" thing covering?

Anyone know if this would be a Zephyr or Falcon?

[quote name='Nolimits']175w btw.

But got the Hitachi Drive :(

Was hoping for the Benq, but ohh well, cant complain really that I got a 360 Pro Falcon chipset with 2 Game Bundle for 334.99 shipped AFTER the holiday rush.[/quote]

As I posted earlier, I got one of each (BenQ and Hitachi) and they're about the same to me, noise-wise (which is to say, awful, except I've played BioShock and watched a DVD and honestly don't notice the droning after a while). If anything, I'm leaning towards the BenQ as a bit less tiresome. Just be happy you got a Falcon (maybe... time will tell) and enjoy.

[quote name='Raikoh']I seem to have Holiday Bundle, that says CSON underneath the the "TEAM" sticker. It also has a BenQ drive and it says 203w on the power brick, but I cannot find the lot number anywhere.

How can I find the lot number, is it the "TEAM" thing covering?

Anyone know if this would be a Zephyr or Falcon?[/quote]

Well if you had a 175 watt PSU, you would know 100% that you have a Falcon..

With a 203 watt PSU, you MIGHT still have an EARLY PRODUCTION Falcon or you may have a late model Zephyr.

The last 5 digits of your serial number should be "XXX07" for team CSON.

The three preceding 'XXX' digits will be your lot number with the last two digits of that 3 number sequence telling us what week of the year your console was built. BTW, the manufacturing date on the back of the unit tells us as much.

I would recommend you do the 'flashlight' test and look for the copper cooling pipe that is featured on the Zephyr CPU heat sink setup and/or look to see whether you have 2 inductors (Falcon mobo) or 3 inductors(Zephyr mobo)

Here is a great forum on the whole topic over at xbox.com

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

Good luck.

Xfactor4

[quote name='opportunity777']Maybe the TMEM sticker is in place to keep people from hunting down Falcon units, so the old stock will be sold at the same rate as the new stock to unwary buyers.[/quote]

Thats my theory. MS didnt want people RETURNING perfectly working but old stock to retailers and/or they didn't want retailers stuck with OLD ZEPHYRS sitting on the shelves and stacking up ! ;)

Just a theory anyways... Since TMEM is not a 'TEAM' at all like FDOU or CSON. TMEM is a COVER UP sticker only that hides the lot #, true team #, AND power supply wattage:cool:

Xfactor4

I know this is a throw in the wild ... but ... does anyone know if the Holiday Go Pro Bundles that Toys R Us is selling, with the 2 free games, is a Falcon or Not?

Thanks!

If anyone is interested, my local game store by my apartment still has a 360 Elite with the bundled games. Don't know the specs on it though.

[quote name='guyver2077']i dont understand why you guys complain so much about noise...

i had my elite on constantly and my ps3 sounds way louder in general[/QUOTE]

There's something wrong with it then, or you have it in an enclosed area without enough air flow. From everything I've heard from friends, it should be very quiet (usually it's said to be quieter even than the first versions of the last gen systems) unless it's too enclosed.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Thats my theory. MS didnt want people RETURNING perfectly working but old stock to retailers and/or they didn't want retailers stuck with OLD ZEPHYRS sitting on the shelves and stacking up ! ;)

Just a theory anyways... Since TMEM is not a 'TEAM' at all like FDOU or CSON. TMEM is a COVER UP sticker only that hides the lot #, true team #, AND power supply wattage:cool:

Xfactor4[/QUOTE]

Oooh, in that case we should try to come up with what a TMEM acronym means :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']There's something wrong with it then, or you have it in an enclosed area without enough air flow. From everything I've heard from friends, it should be very quiet (usually it's said to be quieter even than the first versions of the last gen systems) unless it's too enclosed.

Oooh, in that case we should try to come up with what a TMEM acronym means :lol:[/QUOTE]

They
Made
'Em A
Mystery

Just got back from Best Buy. They finally got some more XBOX 360 GO PRO units in stock but NO MORE holiday bundles.

Forgot to check the lot # though....

Fyi...

Xfactor4

Finally picked up an Elite. I've been calling a couple Best Buys ever night for 3 weeks, and they never had them, and today I stop into a Wal-Mart to get some things and they had 1 sitting in the case.

Lot # 0744
Team CSON
203w

This good?

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Finally picked up an Elite. I've been calling a couple Best Buys ever night for 3 weeks, and they never had them, and today I stop into a Wal-Mart to get some things and they had 1 sitting in the case.

Lot # 0744
Team CSON
203w

This good?[/QUOTE]

This should be a Falcon. The power brick should only read 175w. If it reads correctly, then you should be good to go.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Unfortunately the power brick is 203w[/quote]

It still could be a Falcon. I have a LOT #742 Team CSON and it is a Falcon with a 175 watt PSU even though the box says 203 watt.

You need to do the flashlight test to be sure.

The key will be if you have 2 inductors and a large silver heatsink with no visible copper pipe showing or copper reflection which means you have a Falcon

OR

if you have have 3 inductors and a copper heat pipe cooling heatsink which means you have a Zephyr.

See this thread here and do the 'flashlight test' to be sure...

http://forums.xbox.com/15804553/ShowPost.aspx

Also this article shows pictures and flashlight test step by step to see which motherboard you have as well !

http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3152&p=3

Good luck and let us know !

Xfactor4

Costco has the new 360 bundles which includes a Falcon (175W PSU), COD4 game, an extra wireless controller and a charger. $439.99.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Unfortunately the power brick is 203w[/QUOTE]

Xfactor4 posted some good links. A 175w device can run with a 203w power brick, but not vice-versa.

You should be able to figure out if your unit is a Falcon or not.

bread's done
Back