Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Yeah - I've never liked the too many controls football games of this and the previous gens. I never played Tecmo Bowl, but I'm hoping this fits the bill. I can't wait for the demo... which isn't out yet. Presumably not until tommorrow.[/QUOTE]

:shock: Dude you must play it ASAP! I'll probably buy it for both XBL and PSN, and I don't buy a ton of digital content! PSN for the excellent d-pad controls, which you'll definitely want for this game. And XBL for extra people to play against online as long as I don't mind the controls with analog since I don't own a fighter pad.

Tecmo Bowl would work great with an arcade stick, Madcatz FightPad, or Hori EX Pad 2. But I'm sure analog will be fine for it too.

[quote name='kidrocklive']They don't call it a 2d ninja gaiden for nothing[/QUOTE]
That's an awful thing to call it. Ninja Gaiden started out as 2D.

I'm sure it has its own thread but I see no harm in mentioning it here too.

Trials HD is 800 MS points today (instead of 1200 MS points) and TODAY ONLY.

If you want it better move quickly as I doubt you'll see a better price for quite sometime* if ever...

* I see it doing a puzzle quest at some point in becoming 800 MSP with the outside shot of being a deal of the week.

[quote name='loomis1975']Trials HD was 800 points YESTERDAY, its over now. Back up to 1200 points.[/QUOTE]
Shoot guys, I work overnights and my days are messed up constantly... :whistle2:#

(I also looked on the marketplace but being an owner of the game I only get an option to redownload it.)

I did try and buy Tecmo Bowl Throwback. It's awesome. I think it plays fine with the 360 d-pad, curiously enough, but I also have a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE. I haven't tried it with that yet because I've currently got it setup as 4-way for Pac-Man CE, et. al.

Well now that I finally got Trials HD yesterday during the sale looks like I'm finally caught up on the must have games on xbox. I did want to buy Alien Hominid though. Wonder if they'll put that on sale. Anyone know the last time it was on sale?

How about Metal Slug?

[quote name='eastx']Tecmo Bowl would work great with an arcade stick, Madcatz FightPad, or Hori EX Pad 2. But I'm sure analog will be fine for it too.[/QUOTE]

Analog will work decent, but playing Tecmo with analog is like playing SF II with a handheld controller. What I mean is if you're playing for fun it's fine, but if you're playing to be at the top of your game you'll want a d-pad (basically for those that are fans - just as I am fine with a d-pad for SF II). For Tecmo d-pad>fightpad>analog

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Dang Tecmo Bowl i thought was a dud... I will spend my points on Trials HD i guess.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy! What are you smoking?

[quote name='Don G.']Well now that I finally got Trials HD yesterday during the sale looks like I'm finally caught up on the must have games on xbox. I did want to buy Alien Hominid though. Wonder if they'll put that on sale. Anyone know the last time it was on sale?

How about Metal Slug?[/QUOTE]

I think alien hominid hd was on sale awhile back and doubt metal slug 3 will go on sale but ya never know, there is always a chance. those 2 aren't the most popular games but I enjoy playing them and don't regret paying 800 points for them. Alien hominid lets you export the bumble bee type character (and import) it into castle crashers and you can do the same with outpost kaloki. Anyone know if there will be other sales other than the weekly special? Am holding out on buying prince of persia classic and 2 other games.

Zombie Apocalypse is worth the buy for $5. I been waiting for a price drop since zombies, ninjas, and vampires seem to be the new craze

[quote name='lordopus99']Is ZA more or less play just like Gaunlet?[/QUOTE]

No, not really. If I had to compare it I would call it a reskined geometry wars. (Twin analog stick shooter)

[quote name='malethief']Zombie Apocalypse is worth the buy for $5. I been waiting for a price drop since zombies, ninjas, and vampires seem to be the new craze[/QUOTE]

It is. Glad I waited. Worth the 400 points easy.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']No, not really. If I had to compare it I would call it a reskined geometry wars. (Twin analog stick shooter)[/QUOTE]
smash tv meets L4D

[quote name='Kevlar281']ZA is showing at 800 pts. Is it a different price on the dash?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you're signed in, and with a gold account.

New update from Nelson:
Major Nelson's Blog said:
Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

May 17: The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, 400 Microsoft Points

Xbox LIVE Arcade:

May 5: Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition, 1200 points

May 5: RayStorm HD, 1200 Microsoft Points

May 12: Rocket Knight, 1200 points

June 2: Snoopy Flying Ace, 800 points

Ouch.. 1200 for Raystorm, Zeno Clash, And Rocket Knight? I'll be waiting on sales. Picked up Monkey Island around Christmas for the same price and if you like the game, it's very much worth it.

[quote name='GUNNM']ID pretty much said fuck DOOM II, huh[/QUOTE]Id's probably busy with Rage. Nerve Software was the one responsible for porting both Doom games to the 360.

For the curious I haven't seen the deal for next week. Oddly, The Maw is on sale for two weeks in Japan. Any guesses for the content that would be on sale in NA and not in Japan?

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']oh my god why?!![/QUOTE]

800 would have been the instant purchase sweet spot for me. now i'll have to play the demo a few times to make sure i'm in love. Kinda want Zeno Clash too, demo time.

[quote name='Thrinn']Id's probably busy with Rage. Nerve Software was the one responsible for porting both Doom games to the 360.[/QUOTE]
Man, what the heck are they waiting for with Doom 2?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Does ZA have local co-op and, if so, is it any good?[/QUOTE]
yes it has local co-op. give the demo a try, and you should see that option in the menu screen.

i also suggest you give the demo a try to see if it's the sort of game you wanna play.

I for one am glad on Monkey Island. i was kinda upset when i didn't buy into the game the first time around. It's gotta such good ratings I simply have to give it a go beyond the demo.

Woo, I figured they would run a sale on Monkey Island sooner or later, with the revamped sequel in the works. Glad it was sooner. ;)

A bummer Rocket Knight is 1200. I'd say the same with Raystorm, but I have it for PSX, so I can at least still get my fix from there.

1200 points for Rocket Knight? What a rip, they should have just emulated the original game and charged 400 points. HD graphics arent a huge selling point to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back