Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

[quote name='killer9']everyone that signed up before cutoff got in it was a wide open beta unlike halo reach beta[/QUOTE]

Not true. My GF didn't make the cut.

Ya if you were in there is a message letting you know your in, also says we should know more in the next day, it's now been 3.

They said they had a new way to get the console info in regards to us submitting it, I hope it's a semi automated way, so once it's entered we get the new dash within an hour or so, cause at this rate, by the time they call all the console ID's it will be a week before it's actually released.

I guess I'm in. It doesn't actually say outright that i'm in, but the wording (once signed in) seems to imply that I'm in. Looking forward to it... unless it crashes and burns. :)

No+girls.jpg

[quote name='RequiemKnight']has anyone been emailed yet on console registration?[/QUOTE]

I did not get an email regarding console registration.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I really don't like the new dashboard but this extra month gives me more time t get used to it since we don't have a choice.[/QUOTE]

Just wait till it becomes common with Windows 8. I am testing that right now on my laptop and I think it will work good for the Xbox dashboard but it still needs a lot of work as a Windows Desktop. If you have a lot of applications, it makes every one of the items that would be in your start menu folders into those individual tiles and so far there is no way to group those tiles into folders so you end up with a lot of clutter and have to scroll through a lot of tiles.

[quote name='RequiemKnight']has anyone been emailed yet on console registration?[/QUOTE]

You will know when people get those emails as I am sure someone will want to be first to let everyone know they got it and post here.

It has come to our attention that some of our Public Preview participants are receiving erroneous e-mail information, not sent from the program, instructing them to click on a link to take the next steps to register their console. This is FALSE information and users should not follow any e-mail instructions. All of our instructions for the program will be hosted on this portal available only to those that are registered into the program.
ACTION: Please delete any e-mails you've received that give you instructions on next steps as they are not from the program and could render your registration in a declined state.
For those impacted, we are working to address the situation as quickly as possible and get them reinstated into the program.

It wouldn't let me use the "quote" option for some reason: but this is from the official site

I can confirm that message is indeed from the official site.

Also, Major Nelson tweeted today that they are still "getting things ready", and that hopefully he'd have more news next week. I was hoping for the new dashboard this weekend.

[quote name='preston181']I can confirm that message is indeed from the official site.

Also, Major Nelson tweeted today that they are still "getting things ready", and that hopefully he'd have more news next week. I was hoping for the new dashboard this weekend.[/QUOTE]

That just means do not expect to see this beta up and running till after Battlefield 3 is released as I am sure they do not want lots of pissed off people if any problems occur in the upgrade.

[quote name='Owen']That just means do not expect to see this beta up and running till after Battlefield 3 is released as I am sure they do not want lots of pissed off people if any problems occur in the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they aren't delaying the xbox dashboard beta for an unrelated game. What the fuck are you talking about?

[quote name='MrPiggles']I'm pretty sure they aren't delaying the xbox dashboard beta for an unrelated game. What the fuck are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I don't always agree with what you post but I must agree with you on this one. Microsoft does not care about a random game being released and would not delay a dashboard update (even a beta) for it. THE only game that could possibly have swaying power would be Call of Duty and even then that is a far stretch.

[quote name='GenPirate']I don't always agree with what you post but I must agree with you on this one. Microsoft does not care about a random game being released and would not delay a dashboard update (even a beta) for it. THE only game that could possibly have swaying power would be Call of Duty and even then that is a far stretch.[/QUOTE]

No, i doubt even CoD would even have that much effect to delay a beta, probably the only things that would delay it would be one of Xbox's AAA exclusive titles, like Halo or GoW

And on an unrelated note, what happened to your old avatar, "feel my CAGceps" doesn't have as much meaning now. :D

[quote name='MrPiggles']No, i doubt even CoD would even have that much effect to delay a beta, probably the only things that would delay it would be one of Xbox's AAA exclusive titles, like Halo or GoW

And on an unrelated note, what happened to your old avatar, "feel my CAGceps" doesn't have as much meaning now. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me! I switched it to piss someone off and forgot to change it back.

So, this new way of doing things, (where they don't collect our serial numbers), seems to be taking longer. In the past, they did say "up to two weeks", but realistically, it only took 5 to 7 days from sign up to get the preview download. It'll probably be sometime next week, I'd imagine.

[quote name='preston181']So, this new way of doing things, (where they don't collect our serial numbers), seems to be taking longer. In the past, they did say "up to two weeks", but realistically, it only took 5 to 7 days from sign up to get the preview download. It'll probably be sometime next week, I'd imagine.[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree with you but since is the new way of signing up, I'd expect the process to take as long as possible so things go smoother in the long run to complete the process. I think this new way is better, especially if you're at school or work and cannot access your XBOX console information at that moment.

IMPORTANT!!!
It has come to our attention that some of our Public Preview participants are receiving erroneous e-mail information, not sent from the program, instructing them to click on a link to take the next steps to register their console. This is FALSE information and users should not follow any e-mail instructions. All of our instructions for the program will be hosted on this portal available only to those that are registered into the program.
ACTION: Please delete any e-mails you've received that give you instructions on next steps as they are not from the program and could render your registration in a declined state.
For those impacted, we are working to address the situation as quickly as possible and get them reinstated into the program.

im glad i saw this

Have any of you been able to access the private forum which is up as a test (at least allegedly it is). When I go to the link they provide it behaves as if the forum doesn't exist. I'm wondering if it's only a problem with my account or if everyone is seeing the same thing.

I had already participated in the regular xbox forums, but I posted a test message anyway, and after that didn't help, I resubmitted my gamertag via the preview program survey page. I guess it will be 5 days before i know if that helped.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Well, the forums seem to have gone live today.. so hopefully the beta will start here shortly.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything there yet because when I click on the link I get a message with Group Not Found.

[quote name='Owen']Is there anything there yet because when I click on the link I get a message with Group Not Found.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's there. Maybe you have to complete the survey to add your gamertag to the group.

[quote name='Owen']My survey has the correct gamertag as I just double checked it and judging by the regular forums, this seems to be a common issue currently.[/QUOTE]

Not missing much yet. Lots of threads, very little content.

[quote name='Owen']My survey has the correct gamertag as I just double checked it and judging by the regular forums, this seems to be a common issue currently.[/QUOTE]

There is a second survey to add your gamertag to the beta forums.

[quote name='thegreatest']There is a second survey to add your gamertag to the beta forums.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that survey says it will take 5 business days to complete and I know my gamertag is already correct in the original survey.

[quote name='Owen']Problem is that survey says it will take 5 business days to complete and I know my gamertag is already correct in the original survey.[/QUOTE]

My guess is if you weren't in a previous beta that added your gamertag to the forums you need to fill out the survey. What harm could it do?

Yeah, just checked and I'm in again as well. Hopefully whatever they give us this time won't kill my console again like last time.

[quote name='killer9']when will they just start it man I want to see the new dashboard[/QUOTE]

With the great speed that they used to fix the forum issues (typed sarcastically), I do not expect to see the new Dashboard till the weekend or next week. I knew they would not have it released before Battlefield 3 came out as they are already having enough Xbox Live issues with just that, they would not add a Beta Dashboard on top of that.

I personally think they'll release it within the next few days out of necessity. The actual update is scheduled for late November, no? They'll need to roll this beta preview out sooner rather than later.

[quote name='Nyxeris']I personally think they'll release it within the next few days out of necessity. The actual update is scheduled for late November, no? They'll need to roll this beta preview out sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Most of the previous dash updates were basically final by the time we got to test them and I am sure this one will be no different. It is not like we are going to find a long list of bugs they have not found in the year of internal testing that they have been doing. The beta forum will probably end up being filled with complaints about the Metro Desktop look or general questions on where items got moved to. They still need for us to enter our console IDs and since this beta pool is really large, I think it will still take some time. But I would love for them to surprise me and have it ready before Monday.

is this what it says for everyone else?

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program!

We are looking forward to your active participation in the program and hope that you will check back in here on a regular basis to stay informed and involved with the latest updates happening in the program. To access the latest information available for the program click on the links in the left-hand navigation bar or the specific content links below.

I was able to get into the forums last night, but only briefly, then it didn't work again. I think maybe they need to better beta test their forums before they bother with beta testing the Dashboard update! ;)

I have question I think I may know the answer to. I signed up for the beta and got accepted, but got scared by the hacks and changed the email associated with my gamertag. Did I just screw myself out of the beta? Could I just associate another gamertag with that email?

bread's done
Back