XBox One Console - $399 (Available 6/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may the case for people that own a PS4. But bundles aren't made for people that already own a PS4. They're made for people that don't.
But Infamous isn`t a "system seller", it`s already been out long enough to be "old news" in gaming & at this point people are waiting for it to be free on PS+. A new UC, MGS, GOW or even Destiny $400 PS4 bundle would greatly outsell a SS bundle if Sony was going to do it they should`ve had it ready at launch. If the production issues were resolved they could do some damage with 2-3 LE console bundles even if they increased the cost to $450. Any of those titles with a custom fix like the SW 360, 1 yr PS+, game & 2 LE controllers would be epic.

The last of Us 2, Monster Hunter or RE 7 assuming it`s good would also boost sales Infamous just isn`t in their league.

I'll make a prediction for your guys. Whoever announces some kind of real sales initiative for digital games will gain a massive advantage over the other company. Yes price matters. Yes games really matter. That said, if one of these companys wants to differentiate itself from the other by offering something unique, then a true initiative for sales of digital games is the way to go. People don't want to pay $59.99 for fifa when they can buy it from the microsoft store for $30. Similarly, they don't want to pay $40.00 for a vita game when they can easily get it for $20 and then trade it back in.

I understand the hurdles that exist with retailers but as I said finding a solution would be the way to separate one console/company from the other.
Digital gamefly direct the only issue is the huge installs

Last edited by a moderator:
But Infamous isn`t a "system seller", it`s already been out long enough to be "old news" in gaming & at this point people are waiting for it to be free on PS+. A new UC, MGS, GOW or even Destiny $400 PS4 bundle would greatly outsell a SS bundle if Sony was going to do it they should`ve had it ready at launch. If the production issues were resolved they could do some damage with 2-3 LE console bundles even if they increased the cost to $450. Any of those titles with a custom fix like the SW 360, 1 yr PS+, game & 2 LE controllers would be epic.

The last of Us 2, Monster Hunter or RE 7 assuming it`s good would also boost sales Infamous just isn`t in there league.
The PS4 Did release a MGS Limited Edition but it was Japan Only they released Other LE For Europe to yet none here in NA Region like always

dyvSicS.jpg

This is nuts if people go for this.  You're paying the same (Kinect is $100) and not getting a pack-in game.

Plus at $399 it's the same price as PS4 and the Xbone is nowhere near as powerful.  

$349 with game should be the pricepoint.

The PS4 Did release a MGS Limited Edition but it was Japan Only they released Other LE For Europe to yet none here in NA Region like always

dyvSicS.jpg
Not that metal gear Phanton Pain that`s a system seller plus it`s gotta have a customer controller(s) if they`re asking for $450.

You're right. MS will have to make some significant changes to the UI.

Also, a lot of the comments on here about Kinect being useless appear to be from folks who don't own an X1. Anyone who currently owns one will tell you that navigating the UI without the Kinect is a pain in the ass.
and that's supposed to justify the device? Obviously, they made a UI that's complete garbage, and they need to fix it for those of us who prefer to use a controller.

Now when the hell is NewEgg going to get this listed!?

$400 w/ Kinect would have been a better move.

Doesn't the Kinect manufacturing cost almost as much as the console itself? Yet they are only dropping a Benjamin off the total price. Margins are going to be much better for MS and consumers are actually getting less value. No doubt the MSRP will be $150 or over.

Well this is good and bad news.  Good that they are listening to people and will be able to compete better with Sony.  Bad because they really dropped the ball with Kinect.  If they wanted to go all in which is the decision they took, then why go half ass with Kinect?  Where the hell are the Kinect titles, Kinect lab, Kinect party... etc.  And to be honest, and this is coming from a guy who has every system but prefers xbox, the Kinect doesn't seem any better than the last one. 

I will say for me personally I cant live with out "Xbox ON" and "Xbox turn off".  To me this is worth the price of admission almost entirely.  When you say xbox on my tv comes on, direct tv box, receiver and xbox.  Where as before I had a shit load of remotes and it was a pain in the ass.  Trying to explain to someone how to turn on the tv was near impossible before.  When your done watching tv just simply say "Xbox turn off" and everything turns off.  A harmony remote that costs hundreds of dollars does this and its included with xbox and Kinect.  If only Microsoft would have done more with everything else.

Another thing I find puzzling is to me xbox has better exclusive titles, not great by any means, but an edge over PS4 for now.  PS4 basically plays games and that's it.  It has a few features with apps but not much.  Xbox plays games and is trying to do so much more its just that their execution has been poor.   

You wonder if the whole better resolution that PS4 has will now even out if xbox allegedly used like 10% of processing power to the Kinect.  Then we can get off that debate.  I cant see a difference but they tell me its there and just the fact that it is a fact doesn't help xbox with the hardcore fans at all.  Same can be said last generation when titles supposedly looked better on xbox then ps3, I couldn't tell but the perception was out there. 

Should be an interesting E3!

Hahaha. I remember when some of you here were all like, "MS will never sell the Kinect separately!" Good times. I was actually surprised it was this fast. I knew it was going to happen, but not less than a year after being released!

$400 w/ Kinect would have been a better move.

Doesn't the Kinect manufacturing cost almost as much as the console itself? Yet they are only dropping a Benjamin off the total price. Margins are going to be much better for MS and consumers are actually getting less value. No doubt the MSRP will be $150 or over.
Yes that's an interesting conversation. How much will stand alone Kinect be? Definitely not 100. My guess is 129.99 and if its 149 it has to have a game packed in, guaranteed.

What Microsoft has done in the past and will be no different here, is they will bundle in a game with the 399 or 499 Xbox's this year for sure. You can take that to the bank.

People keep saying this but what compelling reason did the Kinect 2 made when it was included with every Xbox One? It made nothing and developers weren't really supporting it to begin with. Even with a 100% installed base it did nothing. It didn't have any Kinect games that can justify it to be included with every system.

So what were the must own Xbox one Kinect games?
You're being impatient. Rome wasn't conquered in a day (I believe that's the saying?) Giving developers the support to work with the Kinect means they will start utilizing it more. With experience and time they will come up with really great things. They're very creative people who would be able to unlock the true potential with the device. Your argument is really invalid.

You should read my entire post instead of quoting a single sentence and going off that. What I meant by it is that by taking the device out of the bundle you split up the user install base. Now all of a sudden developers don't have a reason to work on any really compelling Kinect things because they know the bottom line is not everyone will own one. This is the same issue we had with the 360, and that's why the 360 Kinect wasn't that great. That's why there was no "compelling reason" for you to hook it up, because developers were largely ignoring it.
I did read your whole post. Doesn't change my response. It wasn't simply a matter of being too cheap to buy a Kinect. Microsoft decided it was more important to put consoles in peoples homes then it was to stick to their guns about Kinect. I was not at all impressed by their E3 demo of talking to the XBox One. I ended up not even watching the whole presentation. I want a video game console that plays games. I don't want One box to rule them all.

Seems so far more people want the same. Perhaps if MS could have stuck it out finally got one or two block buster Kinect games out it would have caught on in mass. I don't think so but I guess we will never know.

It's not like the X1 has had a lot of Kinect games put out or announced even before now when it was assumed every owner would have one. Motion gaming is largely dead. People buying Kinect-less skus would be pretty unlikely to buy Kinect games if they had to buy the forced bundle anyway, given they weren't willing to pay for Kinect.

Most people who liked Wii or Kinect motion crap are either still happy playing Just Dance and what not on those platforms, or long got sick of it and quit gaming and/or moved on to smartphone/tablet crap.
What if I told you that it's not about the games per se. It's utilizing the tech in creative ways. For example, DR3 lets you shout at zombies to get their attention. It's a little pointless feature which you may or may not find interesting, but it's a feature nonetheless. And this is for a launch game. With some time I think developers could come up with really cool ways to utilize it into games without creating "Kinect games." I'm not interested in those Kinect Sports type games either, trust me. What I'm interested in is what the device can do when used in creative ways to supplement games.

You're being impatient. Rome wasn't conquered in a day (I believe that's the saying?) Giving developers the support to work with the Kinect means they will start utilizing it more. With experience and time they will come up with really great things. They're very creative people who would be able to unlock the true potential with the device. Your argument is really invalid.
Not that it matters, but the saying is "Rome wasn't built in a day".

What if I told you that it's not about the games per se. It's utilizing the tech in creative ways. For example, DR3 lets you shout at zombies to get their attention. It's a little pointless feature which you may or may not find interesting, but it's a feature nonetheless. And this is for a launch game. With some time I think developers could come up with really cool ways to utilize it into games without creating "Kinect games." I'm not interested in those Kinect Sports type games either, trust me. What I'm interested in is what the device can do when used in creative ways to supplement games.
No way tell me more about this shouting feature! It can't be the same one that I have been using since Mass Effect 3, right?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/23/your-guide-to-mass-effect-3s-kinect-voice-commands/

Hahaha. I remember when some of you here were all like, "MS will never sell the Kinect separately!" Good times. I was actually surprised it was this fast. I knew it was going to happen, but not less than a year after being released!
yeah i remember that. ill laugh even harder if a gamepadless wii u is announced too. the internet will explode.

So the $450 Titanfall bundle has now become the "Buy the Xbox One without a Kinect and buy Titanfall and receive a free Kinect" promotion? :whee:

Man, these comments are getting dumber and dumber.
Sorry I was trying to imply that Kinect got it chance for a while to do great things but it never really did anything gaming wise and for some reason people still miraculously expect that to change over more time. This is coming from someone who bought the original Kinect at $150 after seeing the E3 stuff and possibilities.

The thing that absolutely boggles my mind is that they went all-in on Kinect 2.0, and then didn't bother to get Dance Central 4 onto the system. As far as we can tell it's been abandoned. That was by far the best Kinect 1.0 game. There is the Fantastia thing, but that's not likely to be what Dance Central fans were looking for, and any case it still isn't out. It should have been out at release. The multitude of ways that MS got this generation wrong is pretty staggering. BUT they are making changes for the better. I want Dance Central 4, incidentally. I probably would already own an Xbox One if they had had that at release. It's a fantastic game series and makes Kinect worthwhile.

Hahaha. I remember when some of you here were all like, "MS will never sell the Kinect separately!" Good times. I was actually surprised it was this fast. I knew it was going to happen, but not less than a year after being released!
That's because Microsoft said that, lol

"Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem," Phil Harrison, a Microsoft corporate vice president, told CVG in response to a question on whether or not the Xbox One will ever be sold without the Kinect.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-says-xbox-one-will-never-sell-without-kinect/

Which makes it all the more humorous. :applause:

For voice stuff they can just let it work through head sets, or put a cheap mic on the front of the X1 for the non-kinect models etc.

The camera stuff really only works in games designed around it, and the voice stuff isn't worth $100 when they could have just slapped a mic on the box and been done with it.

For me personally, I have no interest in voice command stuff. I just want to play traditional games with traditional controls. When/if gaming moves away from that, I'm done.

I couldn't care less that the PS4 is slightly more powerful, I personally like the Xbox exclusives over the PS exclusives.

I fully expect MS to release some kind of Halo themed console this fall, and thats the one I will buy.
And it isn't going to matter if it comes with Kinect or not.

For voice stuff they can just let it work through head sets, or put a cheap mic on the front of the X1 for the non-kinect models etc.

The camera stuff really only works in games designed around it, and the voice stuff isn't worth $100 when they could have just slapped a mic on the box and been done with it.

For me personally, I have no interest in voice command stuff. I just want to play traditional games with traditional controls. When/if gaming moves away from that, I'm done.
I think you're right about voice commands via headset which leads me to believe they will have to unveil a new/updated UI at E3.

I couldn't care less that the PS4 is slightly more powerful, I personally like the Xbox exclusives over the PS exclusives.

I fully expect MS to release some kind of Halo themed console this fall, and thats the one I will buy.
And it isn't going to matter if it comes with Kinect or not.
So far, I've enjoyed the amount of exclusives from X1 with Ryse and Dead Rising and KI. Infamous was good too, but it was the only game I've played that was an exclusive. That's why I'm hyped for E3.

The most exciting thing for me is the games for gold massive bump in value. If they are offering Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3, arguably the best games on the system for free that is one heck of an upgrade to what's been offered before. 

As someone with zero interest in the console and doesn't plan on buying one anytime in the near future, I'm glad MS is stepping it up and I hope this causes competition with Sony to step up their game regarding ps plus on the ps4. Even if Sony offered Killzone and Infamous in the upcoming months,  the games for gold is a better program since you actually get to keep the games rather than just rent them via subscription. 

The PS4 could also use some games to play, it's severely lacking in fun games. Curious to see how they answer back by e3.

Great news for MS fans and gaming in general, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in picking up a XB1 after e3. 

Hasn't there been a Titanfall bundle with Kinect for $450? Seems like a much better deal than no game and Kinect for $400.

This is nuts if people go for this. You're paying the same (Kinect is $100) and not getting a pack-in game.

Plus at $399 it's the same price as PS4 and the Xbone is nowhere near as powerful.

$349 with game should be the pricepoint.
I think this is a slight exaggeration.

Hasn't there been a Titanfall bundle with Kinect for $450? Seems like a much better deal than no game and Kinect for $400.
Considering Titanfall can be had for $40 now it is kind of a wash if you really do not want the Kinect.

The most exciting thing for me is the games for gold massive bump in value. If they are offering Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3, arguably the best games on the system for free that is one heck of an upgrade to what's been offered before.
Lol. That's what I thought at first, too. But F5 and DR3 are not free; they will just be discounted like the current 360's "Deals with Gold" that offers sale prices only to Gold members.

Lol. That's what I thought at first, too. But F5 and DR3 are not free; they will just be discounted like the current 360's "Deals with Gold" that offers sale prices only to Gold members.
Ah damn what a missed opportunity. Yeah I must have misread that line. I guess they are sticking to the old content, that's really nothing to get excited about. Oh well.

I couldn't tell you whether or not the Xbox One is only slightly less powerful than the PS4 or not, as I don't have either. But some long time Xbox 360 fan friends of mine who got an Xbox One at release are all in agreement that the Xbox One is many steps backward from the 360. Their minds are kind of blown with how MS tossed out so many of the things that made the 360 the system to beat.

So now the system war is what it should have been in the first place: Games vs Games.

I mean, yeah the PS4 is more powerful, but the PS4 will never have Halo or Gears just like the X1 will never have The last of Us and God of War.

Desperate MS is good MS.

That's because Microsoft said that, lol

"Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem," Phil Harrison, a Microsoft corporate vice president, told CVG in response to a question on whether or not the Xbox One will ever be sold without the Kinect.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-says-xbox-one-will-never-sell-without-kinect/

Which makes it all the more humorous. :applause:
sometimes i wonder if some of you have ever had a corporate job.

Ooooooh a corporate vice president said something. And now the company is changing directions. OOOOOOH that's never happened before ever.

What the hell did you expect Phil Harrison to say when they were trying to push the xbox1 and the kinect together? "Well, it's pretty optional and really, I kind of think it's useless to playing real games but we think people will like paying an extra $100 for the kinect."

I haven't read anything in the press but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the next VP that stands up there says something along the lines of "We wanted to give our consumers a choice when it came to how they want to game. By offering a high value system at a lower price point, we gave them a choice on whether to get the best entertainment system in the world with or without the kinect peripheral. We think that those who opt to buy the system without the kinect -- for $399.99 -- will love the system so much that they will want to eventually buy the kinect --- available RIGHT NOW! for $149.99 -- and get the full range of the xbox one experience."

You can go ahead and bookmark this post and let me know how I did after E3.

Also, OF COURSE the kinect sold separately will be more than $100. That's why it's a bundle. They want you to think by buying both together, you save $50 or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back