XBLA - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - 1200pts

Sweet, what a grand game. I beat it on PS2, but the multiplayer will be amazing. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best fighter since SF Alpha 3.

Anyone think the physical copies for XBOX might go down if this comes to the Arcade?

Or is it just wishful thinking?

MvC2 will be Day 1 purchase for me.
Matter a fact, after I heard that it'll come to XBLA I sold my Xbox copy of it (horrible emulation too).

Hope that July rumor is true.

Holy fucking shit. Now I can stop regretting not buying it for $20 on Xbox so many years ago. Day one purchase. Would be extra amazing if it was upgraded for HD, but whatever gets it on Live soonest is fine with me!

[quote name='outphase']Come on PSN release!![/quote]

Given the ESRB rating was for 360 and PS3, I'm pretty sure it'll happen.

While the game is probably one of the worst fighting games ever when it comes to balancing, I am excited for the game. I do wonder if it will have online play though, as the reason the Xbox 1 version didn't have it is because the contract would inevitably run out for the game and Marvel didn't want people playing it online once the contract ran out.

HD Remix was 1200 points so it would probably cost that or 1600, but it's a good price considering that it has online play and what it goes for on eBay.

From the FGT...[quote name='BlueSwim']I hate to say it, but I think you two are right on the $20 price. I bet Capcom PR already has two different spins for that price too. "It's $20 because of the licensing fee Marvel charges." or "It's a real bargain considering retail copies are $60-$80. We're giving you a deal!":roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

Remember though, when we charge you 50 cents for every special move you pull off in a future fighting game, we did it because the fans wanted it and we wanted to do it for the fans to provide further options in expanding gameplay.

I'd pay 20 in the blink of an eye for one of my favorite games of all time. Woohoo!!!
Now I just need to find a quality arcade stick.

Wow, please be real. If this turns out to be an HD Remix, too, this'll be even sweeter.

I'd kind of be surprised if this were 1600, if this is legit it's highly unlikely this is going to be a total revamp like SF2 HD Remix was, they would have told everyone by now. It really should be 800 considering the age but since it's one of the most requested XBLA titles and fairly rare on the XBox/PS2 1200 seems likely.

I have the DC version but I'll probably still buy this for convienence sake. Haven't played it in a while.

Until I see something on Gamespot, IGN, or some other credible site, I'm not believing this. I hadn't heard anything about Capcom getting the Marvel license back.

[quote name='ninja dog']Should've named the achievements after that video:

"Curly mustache"
"Scoops"
"mango sentinel"
"fuck the Knicks"[/QUOTE]

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! ::skull & crossbones:: ::webdings::"

looks like I will get this for both psn and 360 so I can play everybody on both systems. I am ready this needs to come out today so me and my cousin can play all weekend on live.

uh, if this is 20 bucks, I'm out 40, cuz I promised a long time ago (cuz, ya know, some of us knew it was coming and didn't crap on those that had a source) I'd buy it for my buddy too. Still, WORTH IT!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']If those achievements are real, I'm surprised they aren't just half assing it and releasing it as an xbox original.[/quote]
If this real I'm not surprised. Capcom seems to like doing downloadable games.... also they could probably find a way to squeeze some extra cash out of you if they do it this way. If this is going to happen I'm going to assume we'll hear something about it at E3. A few of the Capcom guys were on the Giant Bomb podcast and said Capcom would have a few announcements to make at E3.

Honestly, there's no way in hell I'm playing this online. If you want to go up against anything besides Cable/Magneto/Storm teams, you'd better have some friends on the couch next to you.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Until I see something on Gamespot, IGN, or some other credible site, I'm not believing this. I hadn't heard anything about Capcom getting the Marvel license back.[/quote]

They don't need the Marvel license back. Both sides just need to agree to publish the game and sort out who gets paid.

I already have the PS2 version of MvC2, but I'll drop 1600 Live points or $20 at the PlayStation Store on it. It would be cool if later they would come out an HD Remix version of it, but with 56 characters, it would take way more time on the graphical upgrade than SSF2T HD Remix did.

bread's done
Back