* * * * * 1 votes

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Seasons of Warfare Edition

#31 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:03 AM

Champ, might want to add to the GS link that it’s limited to Web In Store only now.

#32 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   773 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

Concerned about the game itself, as 1) it looked/sounded grindy in the Direct (not that there's no way to grind in FE, but you shouldn't have to in order to just get through the game) and 2) Koei-Tecmo (Dynasty Warriors, which are some of the grindiest games out there) is developing it.  :(  Have regular preordered with GCU (got it before GCU expired) and LE preordered (because FE).  Will decide what to do with them as it gets closer to release date and hands-on come out about the game.  Hoping that it won't be a Warriors grind-fest, but I'm concerned.

#33 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

Looks a little similar to this  :-

It's been a while! lol on Slickdeal seal of approval 

Sold em.. What else.

I found the troll! 

Concerned about the game itself, as 1) it looked/sounded grindy in the Direct (not that there's no way to grind in FE, but you shouldn't have to in order to just get through the game) and 2) Koei-Tecmo (Dynasty Warriors, which are some of the grindiest games out there) is developing it.  :(  Have regular preordered with GCU (got it before GCU expired) and LE preordered (because FE).  Will decide what to do with them as it gets closer to release date and hands-on come out about the game.  Hoping that it won't be a Warriors grind-fest, but I'm concerned.

Man I can't tell you how excited I am about this game. My first intro to FE was on the Gamecube when PoR was $30 at Gamestop and Nintendo was still making games for system. Loved it so much I got sequel on release. I've been waiting a really, really long time for a sequel on console. Seeing the units actually move, sitting on couch, etc. This game is going to be great, especially since this will have some new mechanics. Have faith! 

#34 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:23 PM

Where's the overpriced Fire Emblem:  Three Houses scalper edition at?  Someone photoshop that please!

#35 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Where's the overpriced Fire Emblem:  Three Houses scalper edition at?  Someone photoshop that please!

Pssh, lies. 

I'm not sure that the Fire Emblem: Three Houses SE actually exists, since that would require people to have actually been able to secure one.  I swear, it's all a conspiracy from Nintendo! 

(runs back to the cover of my deluxe tin-foil hat)

#36 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

just ordered one on gamestop now 

#37 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

Yep, live on Gamestop . com right now. It worked for me, but I'm just going to hold and take wait and see .... 

Historically, when Gamestop reopens pre orders, these LE/CE tend not to be rare ... kinda like Shadow of Valentina. 

#38 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Put in my preorder at GS, if Best Buy reopens it I'll just cancel and reorder there. /shrug.

#39 Mysticales   Battle Mystic Mystaria CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Mysticales

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

Interesting to see GS still is up at this time lol.. 

Long as they dont cancel orders...

#40 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

Interesting to see GS still is up at this time lol.. 

Long as they dont cancel orders...

It was closed for quite some time and just reopened.  I had checked about a half hour ago and it was still shut down.

#41 willworkforbits   Mark CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Tempting, but I have no interest in any of the extras.  It seems like all they try to include are things that are flat/cheap/paper.  No creativity.  :(

#42 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

Newegg https://www.newegg.c...&Ignorebbr=true

#43 sonicguile  

sonicguile

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

Gamestop.com has $10 handling charge?  WTF!  anyway to get free shipping? 

#44 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Tempting, but I have no interest in any of the extras.  It seems like all they try to include are things that are flat/cheap/paper.  No creativity.  :(

So true. I don't have any interest in the extras (minus steelbook) and the stuff does look super cheap. BUT, it is FE. And it could be rare. And if that happens I must have it. 

At this point I'm securing my PO and taking wait and see approach. FOMO and what not. 

#45 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Gamestop.com has $10 handling charge? WTF! anyway to get free shipping?

Wierd, I had free shipping when I preordered yesterday .

#46 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Wierd, I had free shipping when I preordered yesterday .

It's GS being greedy at this point on a hot ticket item. They're desperate.

#47 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Gamestop.com has $10 handling charge?  WTF!  anyway to get free shipping? 

Yeah, I noticed that too.  No option for anything but Release Day Delivery at $10 - no store pickup, etc.

#48 Cloudx9  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

It's GS being greedy at this point on a hot ticket item. They're desperate.

Wouldn't surprise me if the reason they put it up again today is so they plan to cancel all orders with free shipping from yesterday.

#49 Jurai  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

Newegg offlined their product listing, went with an order there thanks to no shipping or tax though

#50 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

Back up at Gamesop.

https://m.gamestop.c...-edition/173346

#51 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Yeah there was free shipping on the 1st release.  Guessing they gotta collect all that money b4 all the GS closes down.

#52 GaveUpTomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1840 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

GaveUpTomorrow

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:25 PM

Just grabbed a copy on BestBuy.com. Flickering in and out of stock. Possibly due to cancellations from people that just locked in Gamestop orders. Keep trying!

Edit: Actually seems to be in stock and can actively add to cart without any trouble. Jump on it if you need to secure an order with GCU!

#53 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2219 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

Yep BB is live. Secured one. But if its anything like that warriors special edition run thier will be plenty. We’ll see as release gets nearer.

#54 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

Got my order in at BB (with GCU), can now cancel GS and their ridiculous $10 mandatory shipping

#55 RagManX   Complete Doofus CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:49 PM

Just ordered myself a copy from BestBuy and the kids a copy from Gamestop. Not at all happy with Gamestop 's new free-shipping but we still get you with a $10 release-day handling fee, but I promised the kids a copy and I am weak.

#56 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:54 PM

Just ordered myself a copy from BestBuy and the kids a copy from Gamestop. Not at all happy with Gamestop 's new free-shipping but we still get you with a $10 release-day handling fee, but I promised the kids a copy and I am weak.

Why not just order a 2nd one from Best Buy?

#57 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

And it's gone from Best buy

#58 azricf   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

got one from gamestop..wish it were best buy so i save 25$ ;(

#59 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

got one from gamestop..wish it were best buy so i save 25$ ;(

Ditto (only with Amazon, not Gamestop). 

So far, I've been either in meetings or teaching during the short windows where BestBuy has gone live.  Normally, I've been able to track down some of these harder-to-find items without too much difficulty, but even I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated.  Yes, I did get one during Amazon's short window, but I'd be much happier taking advantage of my final cycle/year of GCU.  :shock:

#60 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Ditto (only with Amazon, not Gamestop). 

So far, I've been either in meetings or teaching during the short windows where BestBuy has gone live.  Normally, I've been able to track down some of these harder-to-find items without too much difficulty, but even I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated.  Yes, I did get one during Amazon's short window, but I'd be much happier taking advantage of my final cycle/year of GCU.  :shock:

May the odds be ever in your favor.