Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I'm so into these packs. All right CAG's, here are my priorities:

Braid: Assuming it totals to $2.50 or less for a single game, I'm in.
GTA Episodes from Liberty City: $7.50 or less, I'm in.

Anyone starting up packs early, PM me as soon as possible; I'm totally in.

Thanks for the spoilers, Coffee.

[quote name='TheKbob']After the summer sale... nothing I want.

Thank goodness, too![/QUOTE]

I think most of us won't be spending that much money on Steam because of that EPIC! summer sale, which might not be a bad thing.

How do I receive Paypal money with out getting hit with fees?

Some of the people who sent me the Borderlands money have a 49 cent fee attached, others dont. How do I do this right next time?

[quote name='Lord Jezo']How do I receive Paypal money with out getting hit with fees?[/QUOTE]

People need to send the money as a gift.

Thanks for the heads up, Coffee Edge!

[quote name='Lord Jezo']How do I receive Paypal money with out getting hit with fees?

Some of the people who sent me the Borderlands money have a 49 cent fee attached, others dont. How do I do this right next time?[/QUOTE]

Make sure they send the payment as personal gift.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']How do I receive Paypal money with out getting hit with fees?

Some of the people who sent me the Borderlands money have a 49 cent fee attached, others dont. How do I do this right next time?[/QUOTE]

I think it has to be sent under the "personal" tab in paypal instead of the "purchase" tab.

Speaking of.... I still have 3 Borderlands gifts left. PM FTW

[quote name='Vigilance']Make sure they send the payment as personal gift.[/QUOTE]

If I refund a non personal gift to the person will the fee be refunded as well? Then I could have them re-send it as a gift?

Also, just for the record, I played Alpha Protocol to completion without any serious glitches apart from being unrecoverable if you alt-tab it and the game simultaneously claiming I both shot AND melee killed a melee-specific midboss, but that only mattered for the post-level gimmicks, really.

Also, the game doesn't give you the hilarious write-up of what happens in the last level if you perform a specific action on the final level unless you opted into the kinda more "evil" ending path.

Interested in the Indie Pulse and Story packs, as well as the DoWII:CR, Puzzle Quest 2, and Braid packs.

There's some very awesome stuff in there.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']If I refund a non personal gift to the person will the fee be refunded as well? Then I could have them re-send it as a gift?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, sorry.

Hey Helmet, your pm box is full. I sent the money.

Might be interested depending on prices in AVP, Empire, GTA, Just Cause 2, Recetter and Splinter Cell.

Even though AP is $7.50, it was really glitchy.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']If I refund a non personal gift to the person will the fee be refunded as well? Then I could have them re-send it as a gift?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Totally depending upon the prices, I'd be willing do part of and do the initial purchase of the following group buys:

Braid
Osmos
Puzzle Quest 2

I would also be willing to do one for Splinter Cell Conviction but the game would have to be like $12 per person before I would jump in, which I don't see that happening at all. I would go ahead and set up threads in the trading forum for the first three games group buys but I don't want to commit until I see the prices.

[quote name='evilwrath666']Definitely will be interested in the Just Cause 2 pack[/QUOTE]

Depending on the cost, I will be too! Maybe even Splinter Cell

I'm hoping the crysis bundle gets reduced pretty heavily, been wanting to try that out on my new computer for a while.

Edit: Oh, and I saw from the leaked list that Empire Total War will be having a pack, as well as Splinter Cell and Just Cause 2. I've never messed with that before, so I don't know how things lke payment works, but if those games are put out as packs only, depending on the individual prices I'll probably be interested in joining with some people here.

[quote name='ryanhaggan']ok guys, just bought HL2 on steam, i have 7 copies left, and more if others don't follow up. PM me if you need.[/QUOTE]

oh and btw, it's $2 a pop.

Man, I used to love keeping up with these holiday sales with you guys. The Steam sale threads were a blast. And now we have one thread to rule them all, and I have no time to keep up with it all. Thus, I will be buying games I have no time to play, still. Aw well.

Happy sale to you, folks. Wish I could read this whole thing. Gotta go to bed so I can work all day Thanksgiving. :) Get paid time and a half on the holidays, you know. So I can buy more games I have no time to play.

Well I talked with the guys and it's a definite on the 3 buys of Borderlands. I'm considering just buying it myself, but I have no feedback here.

Wait, is there another thread that these buy groups are being made in?

I'll be interested in the Recettear and Mount & Blade Warband packs - prices permitting, of course. ;) I'll post again to try and get in with y'all if the price is right for me - but if the price is high for me but you just need one last person to help out with a pack, PM me anyway! :p

Anyone know if there is going to be a sale for all sam and max episodes ? I just see the devils playhouse right now. I would like to buy them all as a bundle season 1-3

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I'm posting from work on my phone: Are any of these sales for Mac versions?

[quote name='nondual']I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I'm posting from work on my phone: Are any of these sales for Mac versions?[/QUOTE]

Only a few are, HL2 gift pack, Counter strike source and Sam and Max: The Devils playhouse

[quote name='spiderman4657']Anyone know if there is going to be a sale for all sam and max episodes ? I just see the devils playhouse right now. I would like to buy them all as a bundle season 1-3[/QUOTE]

Well, if it doesn't have to be on Steam, Telltale has 50% off everything in their store currently. You can get the Sam & Max Complete Pack for about $25.

[quote name='Cantatus']Well, if it doesn't have to be on Steam, Telltale has 50% off everything in their store currently. You can get the Sam & Max Complete Pack for about $25.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a steal but unfortunately my computer does not have a disc drive (alienware m11x). Hopefully steam sells it as well.

[quote name='spiderman4657']That sounds like a steal but unfortunately my computer does not have a disc drive (alienware m11x). Hopefully steam sells it as well.[/QUOTE]

Telltale has digital copies. :)

[quote name='spiderman4657']That sounds like a steal but unfortunately my computer does not have a disc drive (alienware m11x). Hopefully steam sells it as well.[/QUOTE]

You can download the games you buy on telltale's website. It costs extra to get the DVD version.

[quote name='VernlovesMaria']I posted this on the borderlands thread too, but I'm in for 2 on the 6 pack. PM me.[/QUOTE]

Ok, VernlovesMaria got 2. I need 3 more people to round out this pack. It's about $7 a person. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back