Super Smash Gimmick: Back to Training (Week 6 Forever: Suko vs. Arikado vs. Evergoo)

Ok, here's the official results from the games between sippycupz/JoeMama/Strell:

@Jungle Japes: LAG defeats all three
@Smashville: LAG defeats all three
@Mario Circuit: Shyguys+LAG defeats all three

I don't know who invited that LAG guy, but he was merciless. I think he was throwing fireballs that were, themselves, on fire.

[quote name='evergoo']RE: Wisdom Teeth Removal
I don't remember getting my wisdom teeth removed being all that crazy. I just took a few shots in the gums, they yanked out my teeth, and I was bleeding like crazy. The thing that sucked the most was the aftermath: being limited to soft, mushy foods. :whistle2:(
[/QUOTE]

My left side was like that, but for some reason my right side they did it like an actual surgery. I said forget that and ate a cheeseburger, I regret nothing...

Chibi Josh, that sounds good. I'll send a PM. I was a little messed up today still.

[quote name='"JoeB1233"']lol. In what were likely the laggiest games ever:[/QUOTE]

Laggier than the Doubles Championship. I think not! My camcorder took over 15 minutes to record 1 match. ;)

I blame Strell. He's always giving us errors. He's a virus. Avoid!
Just kidding. Once we actually connect after 1,000,000 attempts, our games are fairly lag-free.

Epic match goes with epic Metroid music.

That was fun to watch. Glad to see that lag didn't bog down your match. Can't wait to see the rest!

Janet: Do you wanna record our match next week?

11 PM eastern

Stages
1 Bridge of Eldin
2 Smashville
3 Smashville

WJhard63 ban

Lucario
Marth
Pikachu

Chibijosh ban

Lucas
Ness
Pikachu

Mad D ban

Meta
Kirby
Pikachu

[quote name='hero101']Is Mad D used to his chipmunk food yet?[/quote]
Is that code for drugs? Because I'd like to practice some more while I'm on them.

10:20 PM eastern (I hope)

Stages
1 Bridge of Eldin
2 Smashville
3 Smashville

WJhard63 ban

Lucario
Marth
Pikachu

Chibijosh ban

Lucas
Ness
Pikachu

Mad D ban

Meta
Kirby
Pikachu

Arikado, from your list I'm banning Falco, G&W, and just because you never know, Metaknight.

I'll see you and Steven later tonight! Maybe sooner.

Oh, and I'm choosing Final Destination as my stage. I like to keep it simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FallMoon']Arikado, from your list I'm banning Falco, G&W, and just because you never know, Metaknight.

I'll see you and Steven later tonight! Maybe sooner.

Oh, and I'm choosing Final Destination as my stage. I like to keep it simple.[/QUOTE]

What time works for you? I'm home the rest of the day and I'm in the central time zone.

[quote name='FallMoon']Any time, actually. I'm in the eastern time zone, and I'll be ready for any given time. Just name it![/QUOTE]

Guess we're just waiting on Steven to pop up then. I'll keep an eye on the thread.

[quote name='Arikado']Guess we're just waiting on Steven to pop up then. I'll keep an eye on the thread.[/quote]

I'll do the same. I've been keeping an eye on it for quite some time, anyway.

ill be able to get on around 8 central time im picking final destination and banning samus, metaknight and peach for fall moon see ya then.

[quote name='steven21']ill be able to get on around 8 central time im picking final destination and banning samus, metaknight and peach for fall moon see ya then.[/QUOTE]

Zero Suit Samus or Samus?

Protip: Say Zero Suit. ;)

[quote name='Arikado']Zero Suit Samus or Samus?

Protip: Say Zero Suit. ;)
[/quote]

Wait, Samus and ZSS are counted as separate characters? What about Pokemon Trainer, is that 3 separate characters?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Wait, Samus and ZSS are counted as separate characters? What about Pokemon Trainer, is that 3 separate characters?[/quote]

Well, Samus and ZSS transformations are based on the smashball and taunts (apparently). And Pokemon Training uses three pokemons (this is a move based transformation).

Since the smashball will never appears if all items are disabled, ZSS and Samus are two different characters.

edit #1: I didn't know about that taunt move that allows you to transform. I guess I learned something new.

[quote name='FallMoon']The court says Samus. You can't reverse the verdict.[/QUOTE]

We all know what Steven means. ;)

Besides, Hero already mentioned that it's a 2-for or 3-for for characters like Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Shiek, and Pokemon Trainer.

Hero, Zamus can transform to Samus with taunts.

[quote name='evergoo']We all know what Steven means. ;)

Besides, Hero already mentioned that it's a 2-for or 3-for for characters like Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Shiek, and Pokemon Trainer.

Hero, Zamus can transform to Samus with taunts.[/quote]
Crap. I didn't know that. :whistle2:#

[quote name='evergoo']We all know what Steven means. ;)

Hero, Zamus can transform to Samus with taunts.[/QUOTE]

Should the rules be updated to cover Samus and Zelda?

Pbhhbhbt. Anyone using Samus isn't going to win. We all know she's no good. Therefore no one would ban her.

Zamus, on the other hand, is eighteen kinds of dominance in an ass-hugging suit.

Thus I think everyone knows Samus bannination = Zamus bannination.

Samus and Zero Suit Samus are COMPLETELY different characters. Samus should not equal Zamus. Smarty Pants Jr banned Samus for me. Pokemon Trainer has one name. He needs all three Pokemon. Plus, once you're ZSS, you are ZSS for the whole match. Zelda and Sheik can transform back and forth. You can't alternate back and forth with ZSS. They are TOTALLY different.

And no evergoo, ZSS cannot transform into Samus with her taunts. Only Samus to ZeroSuit, and it's difficult to pull off in the middle of a battle with a gamecube control. I don't think accessibility is reason for dismissal of both characters.

Oops double post. I meant for this to go in the above post.

I just find that ruling unfair for anyone who uses both Samus and ZeroSuit as separate characters. I think it's completely unfair. I find it unfair for Zelda and Shiek as well, as long as the user(s) promise not to transform.

But Pokemon Trainer IS Pokemon Trainer.

I vote that Squirtle be banned. Someone can use PT, but they can't use Squirtle.

Know why? Because fuck Squirtle, that's why.

[quote name='FallMoon']I just find that ruling unfair for anyone who uses both Samus and ZeroSuit as separate characters. I think it's completely unfair. I find it unfair for Zelda and Shiek as well, as long as the user(s) promise not to transform.

But Pokemon Trainer IS Pokemon Trainer.[/quote]

If any of them are allowed, all of them should be. It's just as unfair for someone who uses charizard as a separate character from squirtle.

Come on Fallmoon, everyone knows you use ZSS and not Samus. I'm pretty sure it was just a lack of clarification on Steven's part.

But whatever. I didn't realize free for all tourneys were serious business.

When it comes to the case of Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik, they're literally designed to be alternated between each other. For example, a pokemon's attack is degenerated based on how long it's out, so they encourage you to switch between the 3. Not to mention, you automatically switch once a pokemon dies. Basically, you WILL lose if you use just one.

As for Zelda/Sheik, Sheik is good at racking up damage, and Zelda is good at finishing opponents. I've seen people fight with just one, but never have I seen someone fight with just one Pokemon.

ZSS/Samus aren't designed in ANY WAY to make a joint effort, like Pokemon Trainer or Zelda/Sheik. If that was the case, you'd be able to alternate between the two. Because this option isn't available, it implies they're two separate characters, and are designed in no way to be used together.

If Steven MEANT ZSS, I won't use her. If he meant Samus, then I won't use Samus. I just need him to clarify. I'm not arguing at that, I'm arguing because of the ruling that disallows BOTH Samus and ZeroSuit if "Samus" is mentioned.

Fallmoon vs. Arikado vs. steven21

@ Final Destination, Fallmoon (Zelda) d. Arikado (Wario) d. steven21 (Toon Link)
@ Battlefield, Arikado (Snake) d. Fallmoon (Pikachu) d. steven21 (Wolf)
@ Final Destination, Fallmoon (Fox) d. steven21 (Zelda) d. Arikado (Captain Falcon)

Fallmoon's ban: Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Metaknight
Arikado's ban: Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Metaknight
steven21's ban: Metaknight, Snake, Lucario

I'll just be waiting around online, I see Josh is on.

Just as a reminder

10:20 PM eastern (I hope)

Stages
1 Bridge of Eldin
2 Smashville
3 Smashville

WJhard63 ban

Lucario
Marth
Pikachu

Chibijosh ban

Lucas
Ness
Pikachu

Mad D ban

Meta
Kirby
Pikachu

Good games everyone despite my multiple self destructs in match 2.

Someone else post the results as I didn't really make a note of who everyone was playing.

@ Yoshi's Island, evergoo (Pikachu) d. dastly75 (Wario) d. foo228 (Mr. Game & Watch)
@ Jungle Japes, evergoo (Meta Knight) d. dastly75 (Jigglypuff) d. foo228 (Diddy Kong)
@ Smashville, evergoo (Diddy Kong) d. dastly75 (Link) d. foo228 (Zelda)

Foo228's bans: Pikachu, Lucas, Marth
dastly75's bans: Toon Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucario
evergoo's bans: R.O.B., Snake, Olimar

GGs y'all. The first match was very close. Here are some of the memorable moments:

Game 1: dastly farts on foo with Wario for the win! Way to KO in style. :cool:
Game 2: Klap Trap deaths and drowning deaths. What a quick and funny match.
Game 3: Zelda sucks at recovering.

Yeah bad luck on the second match with the Dedede jump off. Thanks for staying after for a few games James.

@ Bridge of Eldin, Mad D (Olimar) d. chibijosh (Ike) d. wjhard63 (Z-Samus)
@ Smashville, Mad D (Link) d. wjhard63 (Ike) d. chibijosh (King Dedede)
@ Smashville, Mad D (Marth) d. wjhard63 (Link) d. chibijosh (Pokemon Trainer)

wjhard63 ban

Lucario
Marth
Pikachu

chibijosh ban

Lucas
Ness
Pikachu

Mad D ban

Metaknight
Kirby
Pikachu