The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nosferatu51']I already have Warhammer Dawn of War 40000 -GOTY edition (I think from the recent THQ humble). The vast majority of this pack is Dawn of War 2 though right? Still worth snagging?

Also, always hear people talking about Dead Island and thinking about adding its daily GOTY edition to the backlog..... guess I'll go rewatch the Gametrailers review.[/QUOTE]

DoW GOTY is not much, just some extra maps from what I can tell. This has DoW Winter Assault, Soulstorm, and Dark Crusade (all the first game, therefore new campaigns and armies, like Tau, necrons, dark eldar, sisters of battle.) And then DoW II, Retribution (plus DLC), and Chaos Rising.

So essentially you have 1 game, this gives you 6 more. plus extras. A pretty good deal.

I mean, it's a deal if you just wanted retribution, which is what I want. So I'm in.
EDIT:
If I buy DOW Franchise Pack from Steam, will the Steam games that I own already become extra gifts?

nope. no doubles. But if you want soulstorm, or even any of the DLC, that still lets it be worth the amount. otherwise, not really for you.

Anyone got a DOTA 2 early access they want to give away? I wouldn't mind trying it out.

edit: Thanks a lot guys, so many cool people offering up a code to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']So, when's the DOW Humble Bundle coming w/ ALL DOW 1 + 2 + All DLC + ALL Expansions? ;)

Damn, I already own DOW1 Gold from Retail; DOW1 GOTY key from HIB (not activated); and also got DOW: Dark Crusade from Impulse LONG AGO (when Stardock owned it).
I'm missing Soulstorm period.

I already own DOW2 + Chaos Rising + Retribution.
Missing LOTS of "non-content" DLC.

Guess what? Ain't played much of ANY of those. :whistle2:X

Not sure what to do here...

EDIT:
If I buy DOW Franchise Pack from Steam, will the Steam games that I own already become extra gifts?[/QUOTE]
Sadly no they don't.

[quote name='Terlan']Sadly no they don't.[/QUOTE]

Damn, makes me wish I never added DOW2: Gold + Retribution to Steam already, which I bought a bit back from Amazon DVG.
I ain't done ANYTHING w/ these games.

I could've given or traded those keys away!

If anyone is still stuck with a "pending" GamersGate order (for the Bethesda pack) that PayPal won't complete, I got it to work and posted how in the GamersGate thread.

[quote name='AgentW']DoW GOTY is not much, just some extra maps from what I can tell. This has DoW Winter Assault, Soulstorm, and Dark Crusade (all the first game, therefore new campaigns and armies, like Tau, necrons, dark eldar, sisters of battle.) And then DoW II, Retribution (plus DLC), and Chaos Rising.

So essentially you have 1 game, this gives you 6 more. plus extras. A pretty good deal.

I mean, it's a deal if you just wanted retribution, which is what I want. So I'm in.

nope. no doubles. But if you want soulstorm, or even any of the DLC, that still lets it be worth the amount. otherwise, not really for you.[/QUOTE]

Fiiiiiine, backlog +1 :S

Goal is to finish the final episode of Walking Dead and the final few missions of Borderlands 2 today. I think it's doable!

[quote name='bob_793']CS:GO and dead island are tempting.
I wanted dead island at 75% off.
I know CS:GO has been 50% a couple times already.[/QUOTE]

Dead Island GOTY is supposed to be on sale on amazon for $5.99 from 12/24 - 12/26 and it's steamworks.

Probably in for CS GO. I loved source, but never got around to getting GO. Also might pick up Dead Island GOTY to. I'm just hoping for a Walking Dead deal.

nvm about Dead Island just saw someone say Dead Island will be cheaper on Amazon soon

[quote name='jatan11t']Whew I almost thought we had a quote nightmare again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw the Inception-like reply box within a reply box within a reply box and went RUH ROH.

[quote name='Syntax Error']If anyone is still stuck with a "pending" GamersGate order (for the Bethesda pack) that PayPal won't complete, I got it to work and posted how in the GamersGate thread.[/QUOTE]

After like 80 pages of Gamersgate chatter in this thread now you decide it's off topic? ;)

[quote name='pantsattack']Is DOTA2 different than the beta passes? Will it always cost now, as I thought it would be f2p?[/QUOTE]

It is F2P or will be at any rate. They are just forcing you to buy microtransaction crap to get "early access" for the time being.

Dota 2: Early Access Holiday Pack
Dota 2 is a Free to Play game, that is not yet fully released. The game is constantly being updated with new heroes and new features.

The Early Access Pack is your opportunity to get in the game now. Your purchase includes a giftable Early Access Pass to Dota 2 in addition to the following in-game items!

Crystal Maiden - Snowdrop Set
Snowdrop Hood
Snowdrop Mantle
Snowdrop Mittens
Snowdrop Staff
Snowdrop Tassels

Mighty Boar Courier

Juggernaut - Traveler on the High Plains Set:
Stoic Mask of the High Plains
Wolf Cape of the High Plains
Aspect Wraps of the High Plains
Long-Fang the Grey Blade

Sven - Swordmaster of the Vigil Set:
Tayrnhelm of the Swordmaster
Girth of the Swordmaster
Fluted Guard of the Swordmaster
Grip of the Swordmaster

Witchdoctor - "Staff of the Old Doctor" & "Wooden Fetish Mask"

[quote name='pantsattack']Is DOTA2 different than the beta passes? Will it always cost now, as I thought it would be f2p?[/QUOTE]
No. It's a trap.

Basically they give you in addition some rather unworthy (besides Snowdrop set), but overpriced cosmetic items.

Anybody that wants an invite for DOTA 2 pm me. I have 4 invites that are just going to sit in my inventory (Like the SMNC beta invites) if I don't get rid of them before the game is "released."

PSA: If you saw the GameFly thread on slickdeals with the 10% off code, people are also reporting that the 20% off code (HOLIDAY20) works as well although it was single use.

And no, you shouldn't set up a new account just to take advantage of GameFly! That would be immoral and stuff....

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Man I bought a ton of steam credit hoping to get some awesome deals but so far the competition is winning. Any chance sleeping dogs will hit $12?[/QUOTE]

It's possible. Sleeping Dogs is another game I'm in no rush to get since I have an old machine. That said, if you look at Squenix titles they drop in price FAST. Deus Ex HR has been $5 on a pretty consistent basis after only a year. I'd say Sleeping Dogs will be $10 during the next Summer Sale. Possibly cheaper on Amazon.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Man I bought a ton of steam credit hoping to get some awesome deals but so far the competition is winning. Any chance sleeping dogs will hit $12?[/QUOTE]

$12 on gmg with coupon GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

[quote name='nategator']PSA: If you saw the GameFly thread on slickdeals with the 10% off code, people are also reporting that the 20% off code (HOLIDAY20) works as well although it was single use.

And no, you shouldn't set up a new account just to take advantage of GameFly! That would be immoral and stuff....[/QUOTE]

Holy crap their coupon is back?

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales tax in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.

[quote name='Motoki']Holy crap their coupon is back?

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales charge in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.[/QUOTE]

O Snap! An online game retailer based in the US that doesn't want tax from us cool Washingtonians!? I may check them out with that 20% off coupon.

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales tax in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if it works out for you. Glad to help save someone some money. :applause::D

And remember, if you already used the code on an account you may not be able to use it again on the same account. What to do, what to do?

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales tax in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.[/QUOTE]

Picked up steam wallet with 30% more trade in at Gamestop to spend on Steam, but don't think I can turn down XCom for that price.

Double post from the GamersGate thread, but thanks to everyone on this thread for all the informative and entertaining posts. I lurked all night while trying to grab a Bethesda pack for $28.
I gave up and went to bed after 6 hours and then got up hoping to find someone that 'accidentally' bought two.
I looked through all my Gamersgate chrome history and found a paypal tab and checked out. Got confirmation, unfortunately I got two packs. I'll likely just get a return for the giftable copy and just play the waiting game for my keys.
Anyways...thanks again. It was fun and I'm glad I got in on one hell of a deal.

[quote name='KnotInMud12']Double post from the GamersGate thread, but thanks to everyone on this thread for all the informative and entertaining posts. I lurked all night while trying to grab a Bethesda pack for $28.
I gave up and went to bed after 6 hours and then got up hoping to find someone that 'accidentally' bought two.
I looked through all my Gamersgate chrome history and found a paypal tab and checked out. Got confirmation, unfortunately I got two packs. I'll likely just get a return for the giftable copy and just play the waiting game for my keys.
Anyways...thanks again. It was fun and I'm glad I got in on one hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

You can easily flip the second one for $50 here or elsewhere.

[quote name='The End']$50? Are people really paying that much for it?[/QUOTE]

People have been selling the entire packs for $30 or $35. However, if you sell the games separately you can get more for the pack as a whole.

[quote name='The End']$50? Are people really paying that much for it?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I feel like a bunch of us are competing now like grocers at fruit market all trying to yell the loudest to get people to come and sniff our fruit instead of the other guy's.

[quote name='Motoki']...sniff our fruit instead of the other guy's.[/QUOTE]

Uh,....

:puke:

Unrelated edit:
Indie Game: The Movie
YPZ2T-8N27H-3ZT38

[quote name='Motoki']I don't know, I feel like a bunch of us are competing now like grocers at fruit market all trying to yell the loudest to get people to come and sniff our fruit instead of the other guy's.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah pretty much. One seller wants $5 for a key and you see another person for $4 or $3. I guess eventually the guy wanting $5 would sell once there are no cheaper options anymore.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']I doubt the walking dead will be any cheaper. Should I bite at $9?[/QUOTE]

Depends how much you want to play it.

Since it has no multiplayer and almost 0 replay value, the console version will drive the price down lower because of the used game market and rentals.

If I had to guess $7.50 or under sometime in Feb. (maybe after coupon) and around $5 or Tony bundled during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back