The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EliotAndrews']Yes, I believe it was $2.50 during the Winter Sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']Yes, see the below quote:[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I think I'll wait for it to drop to $2.50 again, I have yet to play KOTOR I anyways

Let the heated arguments over whether it's called soda, pop, sodapop, coke, fizz, or any number of regional terms COMMENCE!

It's pop.

[quote name='DPsycho']Let the heated arguments over whether it's called soda, pop, sodapop, coke, fizz, or any number of regional terms COMMENCE!

It's pop.
[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely pop.

[quote name='DPsycho']Let the heated arguments over whether it's called soda, pop, sodapop, coke, fizz, or any number of regional terms COMMENCE!

It's pop.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eldredpe']
It's absolutely pop.
[/QUOTE]

you both are wrong, it's soda

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's coke.

I'll take a coke.

What kind?

Sprite[/QUOTE]You're from the South, aren't you?

Here in Michigan, it's pop. There was a big snicker when Michael Imperioli on the first episode of Detroit 1-8-7 offered a suspect a "soda" but that was before it was revealed his character was originally from NYC. Oddly, I tend to say "soda pop" which might make sense since I was born in NYC and then moved to Detroit when I was four.

Being from Minnesota, I grew up saying pop. I don't know when I made the big switch to the unpopular term "soda", but all I know now is that pop is a sound and soda is a beverage.

Also, it's damn unpleasant to say. Pop. Even saying it as gently as possible makes a stupid "PUH" sound at the end. Soda just rolls off the tongue.

So.. I had never ever heard of Defiance before today and now I am considering pre-ordering it. Has anyone played any of the beta? Is it really just a 3rd person borderlands like FTP MMO?

My GF is pretty excited as well - but she is pushing for us to get the xbox360 version. I am glad she is open to this truth be told - it may finally get her away from the SWTOR Auction house (which she has spent about 4 hours on so far today between 6 characters - I really don't know how she does it).

Edit: I say soda, and when someone asks "you mean pop?" I always have to resist responding with my fathers's line of "I'll Pop you!"

Post a pic of your last organic, non-corn-syrup-sweetened carbonated beverage! (I switched from pop to soda in college)

I stopped drinking those mass-produced colas a long time ago and now I prefer this locally produced and bottled brand you can only find during certain seasons at this one soda-ery in Wicker Park. Check it out:

252686668_nonotrly001_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']
Also, it's damn unpleasant to say. Pop. Even saying it as gently as possible makes a stupid "PUH" sound at the end. Soda just rolls off the tongue.[/QUOTE]

My opponent, Duke Edward, doesn't like plosives. If elected, he plans to take away the jobs of millions of hardworking unvoiced plosives and replace them with more "appealing" manners of articulation. There are rumors circulating as we speak that honest plosives with families and loved ones might be deported simply for having the audacity to live at the end of a word. Don't stand idly by and allow this to happen to your country men sounds. Because who knows, if Duke Edward gets his way, maybe fricatives are next.

Vote no to Duke Edward and his punitive plosive plan.

POP!

[quote name='Eldredpe']My opponent, Duke Edward, doesn't like plosives. If elected, he plans to take away the jobs of millions of hardworking unvoiced plosives and replace them with more "appealing" manners of articulation. There are rumors circulating as we speak that honest plosives with families and loved ones might be deported simply for having the audacity to live at the end of a word. Don't stand idly by and allow this to happen to your country men sounds. Because who knows, if Duke Edward gets his way, maybe fricatives are next.

Vote no to Duke Edward and his punitive plosive plan.

POP![/QUOTE]

Damn right. When our forefathers created this great nation, they all agreed that plosives are the devil and will lead to the nation's destruction. People who spray plosive saliva in hardworking convenience store or restaurant workers' faces just because they want a "pop" do not belong and are ruining our way of life. To those people I say, abandon your plosive using ways or GTFO.

On this carbonated beverage simulator, far be it from me to lambasting anyone for expressing interest in some ridiculous nonsense simulator game but do we really need to vote in some crap game for the lulz when there are other games that you know actually try to give a good experience that are waiting to get in?

Oh and re: Defiance Raptr has a giveaway for it coming where you get the beta and apparently can play to win (not pay to win) a full copy. I'm on mobile now and don't know the particulars.

[quote name='Preedatore']It's pop, and my copy of Simcity came in this afternoon. Tonight I shall see if the all the moaning is warranted.[/QUOTE]

Yes because playing it a week after release when they've already fixed most of the connection issues is exactly the same experience as playing it in day one. :roll:

[quote name='Motoki']
Yes because playing it a week after release when they've already fixed most of the connection issues is exactly the same experience as playing it in day one. :roll:[/QUOTE]

For Preedatore, it is day one.

[quote name='Eldredpe']For Preedatore, it is day one.[/QUOTE]

Day 1 the game was released. You know what I mean. Do you really need to be that fucking anal? Obviously the answer is yes.

Point is the server status today is not the same experience the game was released.

Oh well two more people for the ignore list.

Lol. Ignored because I just now got the game? Sorry I couldn't make Walmart.com deliver it any quicker so I can experience the pain and heartbreak of the supposed masses. More importantly, people are still acting as if it's impossible to play

[quote name='vince_carter']is it just me or is dishonored one of the most overrated games of recent memory? i could barely make it past the tutorial[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the first hour or two of the game. I was trying too hard to play it like other stealth games. Eventually I relaxed and started using the tools they gave me to fix things when they went wrong instead of desperately trying to not make them happen or reloading when they did. I had a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='louiedog']I didn't like the first hour or two of the game. I was trying too hard to play it like other stealth games. Eventually I relaxed and started using the tools they gave me to fix things when they went wrong instead of desperately trying to not make them happen or reloading when they did. I had a lot of fun with it.[/QUOTE]

maybe i'll give it another shot some day

i was so bored after an hour i uninstalled it. 1st impressions are pretty important in games and this left a horrible one on me.

[quote name='louiedog']I didn't like the first hour or two of the game. I was trying too hard to play it like other stealth games. Eventually I relaxed and started using the tools they gave me to fix things when they went wrong instead of desperately trying to not make them happen or reloading when they did. I had a lot of fun with it.[/QUOTE]

yea this, i had the same experience. wasn't the biggest fan but it grew on me after a while.

and jeez seems like motoki overreacts to something every other day

[quote name='gotdott']and jeez seems like motoki overreacts to something every other day[/QUOTE]

Is that news to anyone?

I played the first mission trying just stealth and haven't been back. I read someone say previously it's a better game when you mix it up though. I'll have to try that.

[quote name='Preedatore']Lol. Ignored because I just now got the game? Sorry I couldn't make Walmart.com deliver it any quicker so I can experience the pain and heartbreak of the supposed masses. More importantly, people are still acting as if it's impossible to play[/QUOTE]

For a lot of people, its impossible, I loved how you gotta log into the same server always if you want to load your saves, do top acting like if you are alone in the world just because it's working for you. If everything was alright things wouldn't be looking increasingly red for EA

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/SimCity-Ads-Suspended-Due-Bad-Press-53474.html

[quote name='oman19']I love Michigan breweries....that is all.:booty:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dfg']

Had some Bell's and Founders this past week—good stuff.[/QUOTE]

I got a few Bells in my fridge along with some others I picked up in a "make your own six pack" at Kroger last night

8479349021_e2d7d5f6f1_z.jpg

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I got a few Bells in my fridge along with some others I picked up in a "make your own six pack" at Kroger last night

8479349021_e2d7d5f6f1_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thank god we're back to things that matter.

[quote name='glennfrank']So.. I had never ever heard of Defiance before today and now I am considering pre-ordering it. Has anyone played any of the beta? Is it really just a 3rd person borderlands like FTP MMO?[/QUOTE]

It's a tie in to the show coming out soon on SyFy. Supposedly the story will tie into the show and somehow, the game can effect the show's plot as well. So an interesting concempt, but otherwise, it does seem to be a mmo with guns from what I can tell. So, proceed with caution?

This is an interview like article from Polygon about the game, but overall, there hasn't been much coverage, and I haven't seen anything in the way of previews/reviews. I'd wait on it myself.

edit: And I'm gonna have to say soda.

[quote name='Preedatore']It's pop, and my copy of Simcity came in this afternoon. Tonight I shall see if the all the moaning is warranted.[/QUOTE]

The moaning was warranted when the game was broken. It's mostly back up and I maintain that it's a terrific game... albeit one with some poorly executed ideas.

The best review I've read of SimCity so far has got to be Alex Navarro's on Giant Bomb. It's fair in praise and criticism and doesn't read like a glowing piece of fluff or a vengeful hit piece.

lol, Steam sales are so bad, you guys are arguing about soda/pop/coke.

There should be no argument anyways. Pop is the worst way to refer to it. PERIOD.

Thh Tropico sale is a pretty good one, in fact the complete edition for $10 is a damn good deal.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I hate the the new Simcity.

End of review.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can ask for Tropico as your free game? lol

I don't have anything against calling it soda or sodapop or cola or, god, even coke, though I find that to be overly confusing on a semantic level.

What I do mind is people giving me shit for calling it pop.

Those people can go die in the fire that I've set up their own ass using their most treasured possessions and beloved pets.

[quote name='asheskitty']Tropico 4 Complete for $10 is where it's at.

Also, I think they should just compromise and call it something they hate equally, sodipop.[/QUOTE]

All I learned from the SimCity 2013 fiasco is...
...I really should install my untouched retail-box copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe that has been sitting around for quite some time.

Glad I did. :D

[quote name='Eldredpe']I don't have anything against calling it soda or sodapop or cola or, god, even coke, though I find that to be overly confusing on a semantic level.

Those people can go die in the fire that I've set up their own ass using their most treasured possessions and beloved pets.[/QUOTE]
lol pop

[quote name='glennfrank']Edit: I say soda, and when someone asks "you mean pop?" I always have to resist responding with my fathers's line of "I'll Pop you!"[/QUOTE]
So if he hits you with a soda you would get popped with a pop by your Pop?:lol:

[quote name='Eldredpe']I don't have anything against calling it soda or sodapop or cola or, god, even coke, though I find that to be overly confusing on a semantic level.

Those people can go die in the fire that I've set up their own ass using their most treasured possessions and beloved pets.[/QUOTE]

I only give people shit for calling it coke. It would be like someone using the word chocolate as the general term for ice cream. Say you go into an ice cream shop and ask for two scoops of chocolate. Then when the person starts reaching for the chocolate you correct them by saying that you really wanted mint chip. They would look at you like you were an idiot.

[quote name='Kaltic']I only give people shit for calling it coke. It would be like someone using the word chocolate as the general term for ice cream. Say you go into an ice cream shop and ask for two scoops of chocolate. Then when the person starts reaching for the chocolate you correct them by saying that you really wanted mint chip. They would look at you like you were an idiot.[/QUOTE]

And besides that, saying "hey man, got any coke on ya" is a good way to arouse suspicions concerning your leisure time.

tyrone-biggums1.jpg

[quote name='dfg']
tumblr_lgoboaHi1u1qzptilo1_400.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's Vodka Drunkenski!

No, really, that's what Soda Popinski was called in the Japanese original. Google it.

[quote name='Kaltic']I only give people shit for calling it coke. It would be like someone using the word chocolate as the general term for ice cream. Say you go into an ice cream shop and ask for two scoops of chocolate. Then when the person starts reaching for the chocolate you correct them by saying that you really wanted mint chip. They would look at you like you were an idiot.[/QUOTE]
or saying Thanks for Skyrim when any Steam code is posted on here. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back