Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones
Inside Pitch 2003
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Minority Report
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
ODDWORLD
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
World Series Baseball
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
4x4 Evo 2
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
2002 Fifa World Cup
FreekStyle
Freedom Fighters
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WrestleMania XIX

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeRocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic

[quote name='"OP"']I couldn't believe they even had one in stock, but if you can find it @ a CC B&M it's definitely a steal at that price especially since it's brand new :)[/quote]

[quote name='62t']Add 4. Some games are not in their system anymore and there is really nothing you can do.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I had put that in the post that he found too confusing, but forgot to put it in the second one, you are correct.

i was in the area, so i dropped by the Rocky Mount, NC store again. Picked up two copies of Wolverine's Revenge and Power Drome for Xbox ($4.96) for my boss. i got a price check for Mario Party 5 and it was $49.99. :(

If it hasn't been stated already, check the stickered value section if you forget which titles are on the sale. i couldn't remember which Wolverine game for GBA was included and checked the value section. They had quite a few unstickered copies of Zelda II (NES Classics) for GBA. i don't know if this was on the sale or not, but i've already got a copy and passed on it. i'm sure there's a couple more GBA titles left as the GBA section had some older games, but nothing that really caught my eye.

I stopped by another CC B&M and got more confusion added to the mix. I checked out Looney Toons for GCN and it was 1.99 but the Batman Rise of Sun Tsu box w/lithograph inside was now $19.99. (on Friday it was scanning at $49.99) so I am leaning towards this being a rumor that Sunday all would be revealed and fixed (meaning all the 1.99 games would scan for that price and the CC workers would know and bless it).

So its still a big YMMV IMO. Good luck if you find any $1.99 games.

[quote name='guessed']It was confusing? Seriously? I don't know if I can spell it out any more plainly, but I will try.

1) As far as I know games without the Value UPC still scan at $1.99. Even though cruzincontrol posted "so apparently they fixed it in their system", from the rest of his post, it seems like they didn't even scan the games, so it was probably just a decision made by the manager of that CC (possibly passed down from higher up). So if you find a game from the list and it does not have the value UPC, it should scan at $1.99

2) Most of the games on the list (without the value UPCs) were gone long before they started scanning for $1.99.

3) Some CCs are refusing to sell the games for $1.99, even if they scan that way. These seem to be the exception, rather than the rule, but that could be changing, since the $1.99 scanning has been going on for a while.

Do I know if your CC still has a few of these games lying around? No.
Do I know if your CC will sell them to you for $1.99 if they do have them? No.

I don't know what I else I can tell you. Are you looking for some sort of guarantee? You aren't going to get it.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to play "flame the n00b," but getting this dude to understand this sale is like trying to teach a dog to play chess. You're a better man than me for being so patient, guessed.

I was kind of expecting some clarity on the sale to grace this thread come this morning, but apparently that's not the case. This has got to be the weirdest "sale" I've ever witnessed on CAG.

I went to CC today about an hour ago (Richmond,VA) and was able to get Batman Rise of Sin Szu (Big box with litho), Spawn for xbox, and 2 La Pucelle Tactics all for 1.99 each. I'm going to go to another CC to see if I can find I-ninja for my Niece.

FYI - The Circuit City in Brighton, MI has NO games ringing up at $1.99. There were about 5 with out the value sticker that still rang up at regular price as well as all the value stickered ones. This sucks, I missed out on the last CC sale and now it seems Michigan CAGers are getting fucked yet again.

Looks like they've changed the prices at my store. Escape From Monkey Island didn't ring up at $1.99, and neither did a few others that have been confirmed. And yeah, I know all about the Value Sticker crap. :p Guess this deal is officially over for my area.

I was hoping to see some more updates about the whole thing today, but it still looks the same as it was before. I went earlier this week before the GBA titles were listed. Thats what I'm gunning for. I won't be going to a CC till tomorrow but if I don't luck out I'll be content with the 4 titles I got.

Tried again today, and still nothing. Asked the guy if he could scan the UPC on the game box itself, to which he replied "They're the same UPC." He had already asked me if I was here for a $5 game sale and told me they'd been cleaned out, so I didn't push my luck. Weren't any great titles left so it wasn't worth the hassle.

Still nothing. I was expecting some clarity on the whole issue of this "sale" and whether or not all their Value Stickered games would turn upto be 1.99 today, but I see that this is still not the case. Seems like some areas aren't having a "sale" at all while others it's still going strong. This has got to be the weirdest "sale" I've ever witnessed on CAG.

Went back to my CC (Stonebriar Mall - Plano, TX) today. They had several PS Tomb Raider 2s stickered at $2.99. They also had tons of the listed games, but every single one had the value sticker, so I guess they are really on top of things. Oh, well.

went to lakewood CC, they had 3 copies of powerdrome and 3 copies of project Eden. I tried getting 3 powerdromes and 1 project eden but the lady at the cashier told me that the 1.99 price was an error and that they had received an email notifying them not to sell it. As for powerdrome she called the manager and he told her it's ok as long if it's just 1. So I just got 1...My lakewood CC didn't have jack shit there i think people found out about it and cleared it out the 1st 3 day's.

[quote name='Backlash']Went back to my CC (Stonebriar Mall - Plano, TX) today. They had several PS Tomb Raider 2s stickered at $2.99. They also had tons of the listed games, but every single one had the value sticker, so I guess they are really on top of things. Oh, well.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, Tomb Raider 2. The last decent Tomb Raider. I loved making her swan dive from her upstairs bedroom and over the railing to the ground. She broke her neck.

And locking the butler in the freezer.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Me and my friend got hosed while visiting a different circuit city. As he brought up the games to the counter a clerk said "If you think you are getting those games for $1.99, you're not".....so apparently they fixed it in their system and we got NOTHING........[/QUOTE]

Also to clarify for guessed and anyone else, YES we did get the games scanned...and NO nothing came up for $1.99......I wish I would've encountered the clerk directly who said that cause I would've definently given some guff to them and/or the manager....

Picked up X-Men: Next Dimension (PS2), Freedom Fighters and Morrowind (Xbox), BG&E (GC) and Hulk and Wolverine (GBA). All rang up $1.99. Only got one copy of each. There were some Morrowind and the GBA games left.

Fire Emblem rang up at $29.99, so whoever posted that one was yanking the collective chain.

I'm planning on hitting one more tomorrow to pick up any leftovers for people that are still looking.

Today I hit two CCs in Tampa. I got

Hulk - GBA
Wolverine - GBA
Wolverine - X-Box
I-Ninja - NGC
Batman ROST w/litho - NGC
Scorpion King - PS2
Swat - PS2
Spawn PS2 - 3 copies (there was a ton of them)

Decent haul. Anything I dont like is going to Gamerush which just opened up here.

My haul:

ps1:
Star Wars: Episode I Phantom Menace
Tomb Raider 3
Soul Reaver/Blood Omen/Fighting Force
One
Die Hard Trilogy
The World is not Enough
Broken Helix
Fear Effect 2
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
GTA 2
Tomb Raider 2
Warhawk
Eternal Eyes

Dreamcast:
Jet Grind Radio
Tennis 2k2
Virtua Tennis
Phantasy Star Online
Speed Devils Online

ps2:
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Herdy Gerdy
La Pucelle
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Shadowman 2: 2nd Coming

Gamecube:
Beyond Good and Evil
Lord of the Rings Two Towers

GBA:
Wolverine's Revenge

xbox:
XGRA

Not bad, not bad at all.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Looks like they've changed the prices at my store. Escape From Monkey Island didn't ring up at $1.99, and neither did a few others that have been confirmed. And yeah, I know all about the Value Sticker crap. :p Guess this deal is officially over for my area.[/QUOTE]

No matter whether they are on the "confirmed" list or not, some games simply will not ring up $1.99. Even though I got a TON of games mentioned above, nearly 10 times as many, on the list or not, did not ring up at $1.99.

Not to mention the CC employees had to manually enter the SKUs because of the damn protective cases they are in.

Well, good luck to all getting more games. I have hit 6 stores and I'm outta gas. I'll try to update the master list tomorrow. happy hunting!

I went back to the 1 of 4 CC in my area that ever had any of the console games on the list (the other 3 were way too organized so I knew I was in trouble - didn't find *any* games out of place, and they were all perfectly aphabetized - they must have removed all the $1.99 games for return as someone said was possible). There were a few that I didn't get last time and those were gone. I was able to get some of the GBA titles though:

- Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (actually a GameBoy Color game)
- Wolverine's Revenge
- Medal of Honor Infiltrator

All three for exactly $5.97 (gotta love no sales tax!)

What?! you got Dreamcast games?! They actually still have those ?! Anyways I was lucky enough to get at least one game from this sale and it was La pucelle at the Burbank store.

Hmm, so games are still ringing up as $1.99 as of this week, right?

And if you have value stickers covering the original UPCs, you can always ask them to scan the UPC on the sticker that seals the came case-- the one with the PS2/Xbox logo on it (as long as that one isn't covered, too).

[quote name='psiufoxx2']My haul:

ps1:
Star Wars: Episode I Phantom Menace
Tomb Raider 3
Soul Reaver/Blood Omen/Fighting Force
One
Die Hard Trilogy
The World is not Enough
Broken Helix
Fear Effect 2
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
GTA 2
Tomb Raider 2
Warhawk
Eternal Eyes

Dreamcast:
Jet Grind Radio
Tennis 2k2
Virtua Tennis
Phantasy Star Online
Speed Devils Online

ps2:
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Herdy Gerdy
La Pucelle
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Shadowman 2: 2nd Coming

Gamecube:
Beyond Good and Evil
Lord of the Rings Two Towers

GBA:
Wolverine's Revenge

xbox:
XGRA

Not bad, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Thing is you probably won't even play most of those games. Why waste time playing subpar PS1 games that are 8 years old when you have something much better right next to it?

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']went to lakewood CC, they had 3 copies of powerdrome and 3 copies of project Eden. I tried getting 3 powerdromes and 1 project eden but the lady at the cashier told me that the 1.99 price was an error and that they had received an email notifying them not to sell it. As for powerdrome she called the manager and he told her it's ok as long if it's just 1. So I just got 1...My lakewood CC didn't have jack shit there i think people found out about it and cleared it out the 1st 3 day's.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Puente Hills CC today and they had 3 Powerdromes and I got them all. I asked one of the guys to scan it and he looked at it and said it was $1.99, but then it rang up as $4.96. :\ Still good though because I just took it to Gamerush anyways and was expecting to pay $5 for it anyways.

Ooh, One for the PS1 is on sale too. I remember seeing that at my Circuit City a year or so ago, but it was $8 at the time and I was too cheap to pick it up. If anybody can find an extra for me I'd be glad to pay a bit extra for your trouble.

My score over the last couple of days includes what I think are a couple of new ones. Not sure if they are listed but I found Maximo PS2 GH and Smugglers Run PS2 GH. Here they are:

Jeopardy PS2 $1.99
Street Hoops PS2 GH $1.99
Silpheed PS2 $1.99
Project Eden PS2 $1.99
Big Mutha Truckers $1.99
La Pucelle Tactics $1.99
Morrowind XB $1.99
Maximo PS2 GH $1.99
Smugglers Run PS2 GH $1.99
Power Drome PS2 and XB $4.96

[quote name='Scorch']Ahh, Tomb Raider 2. The last decent Tomb Raider. I loved making her swan dive from her upstairs bedroom and over the railing to the ground. She broke her neck.[/QUOTE]

Good one, Scorch...:mrgreen:

[quote name='buster90']Thing is you probably won't even play most of those games. Why waste time playing subpar PS1 games that are 8 years old when you have something much better right next to it?[/QUOTE]
Blood Omen, Warhawk and Die Hard Trilogy are awesome games and better than anything this gen that was picked up aside from BG&E. I don't see how some of those games were even for sale still though. Wow there's some old stuff in that list.

[quote name='buster90']Thing is you probably won't even play most of those games. Why waste time playing subpar PS1 games that are 8 years old when you have something much better right next to it?[/QUOTE]

For the measly total of $56, it was well worth buying these titles that I did not previously own. Sure some of them may be older than others and you're right, perhaps I won't play some of them for more than a few minutes, but I'm a collector. :p

I'd rather pay $56 for 28 games than $50 for ONE potentially average game.

My Haul, several not on the official list, went to about 6 Circuit City's in DFW area

Alter Echo PS2
ATV Quad Raicing GBA
Banjo Kazooie GBA
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu PS2
Beyond Good & Evil GC
Big Mutha Truckers XB
Cabela's Deer Hunter Season 2004
Cat in the Hat PS2
Cheesmaster PS2
Freedom Fighters XB
Fur Fighters PS2
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Great Escape XB
Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets GBA
Increible Hulk GBA
Jeremy Mcragth Racing GC
Johnny Mosley Mad Trix PS2
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer XB
La Pucelle Tactics PS2
Legends of Wrestling II GBA
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur PS2
Looney Tunes Back in Action GC
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
MX Superfly GC
PS2 2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Rally Fusion PS2
Razor Scooter GBA
Reel Fishing III PS2
Smash Driving XB
Smugglers' Run PS2
Star Wars Bounty Hunter PS2
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball PS2
Transworld Snowboarding XB
X2: Wolverine's Revenge GBA
X2: Wolverine's Revenge XB

[quote name='Engineer_J']My Haul, several not on the official list, went to about 6 Circuit City's in DFW area
[/QUOTE]

Anything left at any of those? I live in Plano, and Stonebriar was totally Value-stickered. :(

[quote name='Engineer_J']My Haul, several not on the official list, went to about 6 Circuit City's in DFW area

Alter Echo PS2
ATV Quad Raicing GBA
Banjo Kazooie GBA
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu PS2
Beyond Good & Evil GC
Big Mutha Truckers XB
Cabela's Deer Hunter Season 2004
Cat in the Hat PS2
Cheesmaster PS2
Freedom Fighters XB
Fur Fighters PS2
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Great Escape XB
Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets GBA
Increible Hulk GBA
Jeremy Mcragth Racing GC
Johnny Mosley Mad Trix PS2
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer XB
La Pucelle Tactics PS2
Legends of Wrestling II GBA
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur PS2
Looney Tunes Back in Action GC
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
MX Superfly GC
PS2 2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Rally Fusion PS2
Razor Scooter GBA
Reel Fishing III PS2
Smash Driving XB
Smugglers' Run PS2
Star Wars Bounty Hunter PS2
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball PS2
Transworld Snowboarding XB
X2: Wolverine's Revenge GBA
X2: Wolverine's Revenge XB[/QUOTE]

hmm, doesn't seem like there's really anything I want to pick up. I'm in the DFW area for the week and was contemplating making a trip out but sounds like too much trouble for some mediocre games.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker'].My lakewood CC didn't have jack shit there i think people found out about it and cleared it out the 1st 3 day's.[/QUOTE]
It didn't get cleared out, the employees there refused to sell the games at the $1.99 price. So you didn't miss out on anything. Just La Pucelle and Batman ROST PS2 that they wouldn't sell. I actually only managed to get Beyond Good & Evil GC from there due to a less than caring register worker. Tried Cat in the Hat a couple of days later, but was told the price needed to be adjusted to $19.99 and I just left.

Hi, I'm new here. Is there a reason why when i went to my local circuit city a few of the games on the list where $19.95? None of these were $1.99.

P.S. What does B&M mean?

Thanks for any help.

[quote name='sandrshe']Hi, I'm new here. Is there a reason why when i went to my local circuit city a few of the games on the list where $19.95? None of these were $1.99.

P.S. What does B&M mean?

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, this really smells like a troll. =|

Anyway, B&M = Brick and Mortar (ie. the physical store).

The games are only $1.99 if they're not the `Value Game' re-stickered version. If you see the words `Value Game' anywhere, or a little sticker placed over the UPC barcode on the back then don't bother, because those games have not dropped in price.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Still nothing. I was expecting some clarity on the whole issue of this "sale" and whether or not all their Value Stickered games would turn upto be 1.99 today, but I see that this is still not the case. Seems like some areas aren't having a "sale" at all while others it's still going strong. This has got to be the weirdest "sale" I've ever witnessed on CAG.[/QUOTE]

And that has got to be the weirdest post I've ever witnessed on CAG. It's shockingly similar to my statement of:

[quote name='ViolentLee']I was kind of expecting some clarity on the sale to grace this thread come this morning, but apparently that's not the case. This has got to be the weirdest "sale" I've ever witnessed on CAG.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ViolentLee']And that has got to be the weirdest post I've ever witnessed on CAG. It's shockingly similar to my statement of:[/QUOTE]

I was expecting some sort of clarity about this thread of similar posts come today, but apparently that is not the case. Oops.. wait, that is the case.

I went to CC after grabbing some penny guides at BB, all I got was a Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004. I scanned a non-GH Stuntman marked at $49.99 and it came up at $14.99. They also had tons of MX Superfly GC but I passed for another day. I might try back later or tomorrow cause I noticed this particular cashier scans the back UPC and not the front, so maybe I can get lucky on some of the stickered games they had.

I went out this afternoon and didn't find a thing. There were a ton of the re-stickered games, but nothing that would ring up cheap. My only consolation was picking up a new copy of Die Hard Trilogy for the PS1 for $2.50. Oh well. They even had a bunch of the FFIX Hard Drives, but they were in the system for $75? (I thought someone said that they were clearance for ~$36?)

[quote name='CaptPete']I went out this afternoon and didn't find a thing. There were a ton of the re-stickered games, but nothing that would ring up cheap. My only consolation was picking up a new copy of Die Hard Trilogy for the PS1 for $2.50. Oh well. They even had a bunch of the FFIX Hard Drives, but they were in the system for $75? (I thought someone said that they were clearance for ~$36?)[/QUOTE]

They are 36 at Circuit City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back