An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

so the COD2 is the one with the bonus DVD and maps? because that rang up full for me today.

[quote name='Apossum']so the COD2 is the one with the bonus DVD and maps? because that rang up full for me today.[/quote]

Yes and yes.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yes and yes.[/QUOTE]

so do they roll these sales out gradually or is it just not going to be on sale at my TRU?

[quote name='munch']Are there any PC games for this sale?[/quote]

Does TRU carry PC games? I don't even know if they do, but I do know that I didn't see any in the $9.98 bins.

[quote name='vicious7171']Does TRU carry PC games? I don't even know if they do, but I do know that I didn't see any in the $9.98 bins.[/QUOTE]
They do carry them, but I dont know if any are included in this clearance.

Originally Posted by almasy82
There are 2 different Call of Duty Games of the year. They have identical fronts but the one that rings up $29.99 is the one with the dvd on the back of case (in seperate dvd sleeve). 100% sure on this. I went to buy 3 only 1 was the $9.99 one. If you want call of duty 2 make sure it doesn't have the bonus dvd on back, but has it inside the game. Crazy but true that is the difference and they have 2 different #'s

I was in 2 different TRU's today and both had the version with the dvd inside the case, and they still rung up as $29.99, ymmv.

Picked up

:xbox:
Crimson Skies (about 4 copies left)

:psp:
Gunpey (lots)
Lumines 2 (lots)
Outrun 2006 C2C (last one)
The Legend of Heroes 2 (last one)

Also saw

:ps2:
Gran Turismo 4 (non gh, about 5)

:ds:
Gunpey (lots)
Freedom Wings (lots)

Was looking for Syphon Filer Dark MIrror, Phoenix Wright, and Rumble Roses XX, but my TRU didn't have those.

-edit-

How's Gunpey and The Legend of Heroes 2 if anyone has played it? I'm a little iffy on those 2 and Outrun 2006 C2C and might return those 3.

Read the first few pages of this thread for my opinion on Gunpey (in short, the PSP version is better than the DS). Outrun is supposed to be good, although I haven't played my copy yet. I also haven't played Legend of Heroes II, but I get the impression that it's solid, but not exceptional.

All I wanted was EA replay, two TRU's and not a damn thing. As a matter of fact they were thin on most games. I got one more to go but I doubt they'll have it either.

Somebody update the OP regarding COD2, since just in ht elast two pages, there have been numerous posts.

There are 3 different SKN/UPC's for COD2. 2 for GOTY and 1 for the regular version. Only ONE of the GOTY SKN/UPC is clearance, which was already clearanced at 19.98, this just being a further reduction to 9.98.
So the odds of finding this particular SKN is drastically reduced since most were bought up after the first clearance drop.

[quote name='kube00']So my Tru had jack shit....[/quote]

Someone should really make a kick ass, hard to find game with that name...

Picked up at Tomb Raider Legend for $10. Have only played Tomb Raider Revelation so figure I can't go wrong. Even still I can always resell it :lol:

Picked up Nanostray and Rumble Roses. RR was behind the counter, and was the only copy they had. Apparently, they're not leaving M-rated games on the floor anymore, not even a shelf tag for them.

So, if you can't find RR at your local TRU, it might be a good idea to talk to the TRU reps.

[quote name='hxhawkeye']Grabbed Phoenix Wright and Rumble Roses, and I also got Final Fantasy IV (GBA) for 6.98. Yay![/quote]

My TRU had FF4 for GBA but it rang up $13.98. I guess the clearance price depends on the TRU.

But I did buy CoD2, Lumines 2, and NHL 07 all for $9.98. No Phoenix Wright, which was the game I really wanted from this clearance.

[quote name='SleepyBum']I went to like eight TRUs. None of them had Phoenix Wright. Ggrgrgrgrgrr....
[/QUOTE]

You could probably have just bought it for $20 or more somewhere else for the amount you spent on gas to visit 8 stores. The telephone is your friend. :)

From Peabody, MA TRU:

Nanostray (DS) : $10
Bust-a-Move (DS): $10
Gunpey (DS): Free
True Swing Golf (DS): $10
Tomb Raider Legend (DS): $10
Freedom Wings (DS): Free
Summon Night (GBA): $10
Flash (GBA): $10
Battle B-Daman (GBA): $10

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up Nanostray and Rumble Roses. RR was behind the counter, and was the only copy they had. Apparently, they're not leaving M-rated games on the floor anymore, not even a shelf tag for them.

So, if you can't find RR at your local TRU, it might be a good idea to talk to the TRU reps.[/quote]

Yep, No TRU are allowed to have M Rated games on the floor anymore. They dont want the little kids to see them, it is a toy store after all.

[quote name='Backlash']You could probably have just bought it for $20 or more somewhere else for the amount you spent on gas to visit 8 stores. The telephone is your friend. :)[/quote]

You: Hi, do you have Pheonix Wright for the DS?

TRU: Ummmm.... No, sorry, all out.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']You: Hi, do you have Pheonix Wright for the DS?

TRU: Ummmm.... No, sorry, all out.

[/QUOTE]

He wasn't saying to call TRU, he was saying he could have called any other store and gotten the game for $20, since he probably put $10 in his gas tank alone driving to 8 TRU's to find the game.

Circuit City has the game for $16.96, EB sells it for $20 and has tons and tons of copies.

Driving to 8 TRU's must have been a ding in the gas tank since I can't think of any place where 8 TRU's are right next to each other... saving $10 isn't that helpful when it cost $10 in gas (or more) to put in your tank, costing the game $20 in the end anyways.

[quote name='Roufuss']He wasn't saying to call TRU, he was saying he could have called any other store and gotten the game for $20, since he probably put $10 in his gas tank alone driving to 8 TRU's to find the game.

Circuit City has the game for $16.96, EB sells it for $20 and has tons and tons of copies.

Driving to 8 TRU's must have been a ding in the gas tank since I can't think of any place where 8 TRU's are right next to each other... saving $10 isn't that helpful when it cost $10 in gas (or more) to put in your tank, costing the game $20 in the end anyways.[/quote]
Which is why I put all the phone #'s for all the EB, GS, BB, CC, TRU & Target stores in my PDA, so I can all any of them wherever I'm at. Costs no gas money, just cellphone airtime.

Plus, with gas prices being what they are, I'm sticking to the stores along my primary work commute route, unless there's some amazing deal that's worth going well out of the way to get.

My local TRU had no signage and the games (excepting the M-rated ones) were in with the regular games. I picked up:

PSP Mind Quiz
PSP Godfather

DS Tomb Raider
DS X-Men
and
DS Phoenix Wright (to trade -- I already own and love it).

Anyone interested in it can PM me (please don't post in this thread) -- I would trade it for Death Jr. 2, Freedom Wings, GTA:LCS, or Sopranos LE.

[quote name='life.exe']Yep, No TRU are allowed to have M Rated games on the floor anymore. They dont want the little kids to see them, it is a toy store after all.[/quote]
What's hilarious is that, at least at the store here, the display box art is still out on the floor.

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up Nanostray and Rumble Roses. RR was behind the counter, and was the only copy they had. Apparently, they're not leaving M-rated games on the floor anymore, not even a shelf tag for them.

So, if you can't find RR at your local TRU, it might be a good idea to talk to the TRU reps.[/QUOTE]

Aw dammit... that makes sense because I didn't see any M rated games out and saw signs all over the place saying they have a new policy on games rated 'M'. They all probably gone by now.

I picked up a few for anyone wanting:

:psp: OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast
:psp: The Godfather Mob Wars
:psp: Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
:ps2: Spyhunter Nowhere to Run
:360: COD2 GotY edition

They'll cost you (paypal):
1= $14
2= $25
3= $35
4= $45

My bro snagged most of my other extras for himself, but I'm going back out tomorrow to pick up a couple more for y'all.

Well, I just got back from the TRU in Dublin, CA. Picked up Tomb Raider Legends on cube, Lumines II (lots of copies), Mercury Meltdown (several), and EA Replay (several). They also had Pocket Racers (lots)... I was tempted, but passed on that one. I believe I also saw Godfather for PSP. No Legends of Heroes II, and I don't think they had Bomberman, but I forgot to look specifically Calling about it now... TRU has the worst hold music ever... aaaand no, no Bomberman.

Saw both FF 457 :p (1 copy) and Rumble Roses XX (3 copies) for 360...

They had about all the DS games *except* for Phoenix Wright. I saw copies of Nanostray, Bust a Move, True Swing, Tony Hawk, X-men, Gunpey, Tomb Radier, Golden Nugget... there was more, but I don't remember it all.

Thanks for the post OP. Got the Sopranos LE for 10...heard it sucks and its short but f'it..for 10.00 why not.

do we have a tradelist for this clearance yet? looked but couldnt find it and i dont want anybody to have a stroke if i make one;)

[quote name='ZerotypeX']
How's Gunpey and The Legend of Heroes 2 if anyone has played it? I'm a little iffy on those 2 and Outrun 2006 C2C and might return those 3.[/QUOTE]

Gunpey is better on the PSP than DS (I hate the DS version, PSP is a bit more enjoyable, still not my favorite puzzler). Outrun 2006 is an underrated gem on all systems if you liked the original arcade game. Really fun, definitely worth $10.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']COD2 GOTY for 360 wasn't clearanced at the TRU I went to. :([/QUOTE]

Read some of the pages of the thread. There are distinctions between the various GoTY editions.

[quote name='trunks982']no one bought splinter cell double agent for the ps2?[/QUOTE]

That's the only one I'm interested in. I'm gonna go check my local TRU later today.

Some of these games are available online. Too bad it's mostly the stuff nobody wants.

Shipping starts @ $4.84

PS2 $9.99 & Under
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intec PS2 Glow Controller: Black
[OOS] Sony PlayStation 2: Driver Parallel Lines
[OOS] Sony PlayStation 2: The Sopranos Collectors Edition
Sony PlayStation 2 - Harley Davidson: Race to the Rally
Sony PlayStation 2: The Sopranos - Road to Respect
Sony PlayStation 2: Madden NFL® 07 Hall of Fame Edition
Sony PlayStation 2: Family Guy
Sony PlayStation 2: Zatch Bell: Mamodo Fury
Sony PlayStation 2: One Piece Grand Adventure
Sony PlayStation 2 Time Splitters: Future Perfect
Sony PlayStation 2: The Da Vinci Code
[OOS] Sony PlayStation 2: Grand Turismo 4
Sony PlayStation 2: Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet
Sony PlayStation 2: JAK III
Sony PlayStation 2: MVP 06: NCAA Baseball
Sony PlayStation 2: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Sony PlayStation 2: Enter the Matrix

Xbox $9.99 & Under
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xbox: NFL Fever 2002
Xbox Second Sight Bundle
Xbox NHL 07
Xbox® NASCAR® 07
Xbox: NCAA Football 07
Xbox: Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Xbox: NBA Ballers: Phenom
Xbox: Black
Xbox: Fight Night: Round 3
Xbox: NFL Street 2
Xbox: Jaws Unleashed
Xbox: NCAA March Madness 2004
Xbox: Cold Fear
Madden NFL 2004

GC $9.99 & Under
Nintendo GameCube: Tomb Raider: Legend (Playable on Wii)
Nintendo GameCube: Open Season (Playable on Wii)
[OOS] GameCube: Battalion Wars (Playable on Wii)

GBA $9.99 & Under
Game Boy Advance: Texas Hold Em
Game Boy Advance: Metroid
Game Boy Advance: Tomb Raider Legend
Game Boy Advance: Teen Titans 2
Game Boy Advance: Open Season
[OOS] Game Boy Advance: Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar
Game Boy Advance: Madden NFL 07
Game Boy Advance: Herbie: Fully Loaded

DS - $9.99 & Under (Buy 2 get the 3rd free!**)
[OOS] Nintendo DS: Xiaolin Showdown
Nintendo DS Tomb Raider: Legend
[OOS] Nintendo DS: X-Men: The Official Game
Nintendo DS: Disney's Pirates Of The Caribbean™: Dead Man's Chest
Nintendo DS: ATV Quad Frenzy
[OOS] Nintendo DS Garfield - Tale of Two Kitties

PSP $9.99 & Under
Sony PSP: Pocket Racer
[OOS] Sony PSP: Lumines II
Sony PSP: EA Replay
Sony PSP: Gunpey
Sony PSP: Bomberman
[OOS] Sony PSP NBA Ballers: Phenom
[OOS] Sony PSP: Godfather - Mob Wars
Sony PSP: Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code

I got Lumines II for 9.98 and Summon Night: Swordcraft Story for 7.98. I'm not sure if Summon Night was clearanced before or what but I had to snatch it at that price.

bread's done
Back