Batman Arkham City:Last DLC, GOTY, Red Hood/Hush next villan's, Batmobile

[quote name='8bitArtist']imo the clear choice(if you played the first game) is kmart with the whopping $30 gaming coupon[/QUOTE]

plus batman shirt :cool:

[quote name='Salamando3000']Gamestop already has prices and dates up for some of AC's DLC. Nothing's for certain, but it's assumed to be the pre-order DLC (or at least part of it).

Robin Bundle - $6.99 - Released 11/22/2011
Skins Pack - $4.99 - Released 12/6/2011

If the info is accurate, it should help people figure out where to preorder.[/QUOTE]you know there's gonna be a Batman AC GOTY edition with even more extras & since the game is gonna sell like crazy & they keep adding more stuff. Way more than just the maps & 3D like AA. I'm getting this on release & will trade it in when the GOTY comes out.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Gamestop already has prices and dates up for some of AC's DLC. Nothing's for certain, but it's assumed to be the pre-order DLC (or at least part of it).

If the info is accurate, it should help people figure out where to preorder.[/QUOTE]

Prett interesting they already let the "cat out of the bag" so to speak. Wonder what effect this will have on eBay dlc sellers.

If the info is accurate, it should help people figure out where to preorder.[/QUOTE]

Pretty interesting they already let the "cat out of the bag" so to speak. Wonder what effect this will have on eBay dlc sellers.

[quote name='SteveGo']Pretty interesting they already let the "cat out of the bag" so to speak. Wonder what effect this will have on eBay dlc sellers.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it'll affect prices much. The leak wasn't picked up on any of the big gaming blogs (Kotaku, Joystiq, etc), and Gamestop's already pulled the pages. I'm sure people will still be able to bring in $20+ for certain pieces of DLC.

Should also note there was apparently another page for Nightwing DLC, similar to the Robin pack, for $6.99. Brings the total DLC cost to just shy of $20. Definitely expecting a GOTY edition.

[quote name='IRHari']Seems like BB would be the best preorder to do, since it's basically DLC (plus trophies) that you're getting for free.[/QUOTE]
Or just pay $5 for them to email you a code, then cancel. ;)

[quote name='Salamando3000']I doubt it'll affect prices much. The leak wasn't picked up on any of the big gaming blogs (Kotaku, Joystiq, etc), and Gamestop's already pulled the pages. I'm sure people will still be able to bring in $20+ for certain pieces of DLC.

Should also note there was apparently another page for Nightwing DLC, similar to the Robin pack, for $6.99. Brings the total DLC cost to just shy of $20. Definitely expecting a GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]pics
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1199478p1.html

[quote name='Jodou'] Or just pay $5 for them to email you a code, then cancel. ;)[/QUOTE]

Meh, I got that $20 GC with Dark Souls, and I never shop at Best Buy normally anyway. Might as well just garb it somewhere.

OP needs to be changed:

The Sinestro Corps outfit that comes with the Blu-Ray of Green Lantern is ONLY a skin. There are no exclusive challenge maps. Also, it is ONLY for the PS3, ONLY being included with the Blu-Ray at Best Buy, and the sticker even says "Early Access" to the skin, meaning it's going to become available for purchase/download at some point in the future.

My only hope is that it gets included in the skin bundle for X360, too, because I really don't want to play this game on my PS3 just for that skin. I hate having missed out on the Joker map in the first game that was PS3 exclusive, but I just can't stand that controller if I don't absolutely have to use it.

[quote name='Dunvane']My only hope is that it gets included in the skin bundle for X360, too, because I really don't want to play this game on my PS3 just for that skin. I hate having missed out on the Joker map in the first game that was PS3 exclusive, but I just can't stand that controller if I don't absolutely have to use it.[/QUOTE] If you have a wired Xbox controller already...
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Battle-adapter-RUMBLE-Playstation-3/dp/B001O89YTU

Update:

The leaked image for the Skins Pack DLC that comes out on December 6 shows the Sinestro Corps skin in the line-up. That makes me hopeful that it isn't just a PS3 thing, at least, and if it is... I'll survive without it, so long as I can be the classic blue/gray Batman. :)

[quote name='Dunvane']Here's where I saw that: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...y-skin-packaged-with-green-lantern-movie.aspx

I dunno if it's true or not, just all that I've seen either way.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they're wrong and there's nothing even in the picture that shows it's a Best Buy exclusive. I mean, if WB is expecting this to be what moves the steaming pile that was GL, then I don't think they'll be exclusifying it.

Complain if you want, but I will most certainly buy a can of NOS for the Batman Beyond skin. I like NOS anyway, and that skin is awesome.

[quote name='Jodou']OK WTF. Energy drink tie-ins now? This industry keeps getting worse daily.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding.

And not saying that Arkham City cannot make it as Game of the Year, but from the way they release these DLCs, definitely will have a more "complete" edition later on, or maybe they will just keep trying to sell the DLCs, depend on their marketing strategy. Sadly, collector's edition do not come with everything.:whistle2:# And it cost $100.

[quote name='Jodou'] OK WTF. Energy drink tie-ins now? This industry keeps getting worse daily.[/QUOTE]

My favorite tie-in was the doritos/mountain dew tie-in for Modern Warfare 3. It's almost like there's some weird stereotype about fat neckbeards with doritos dust covered controllers and sticky mountain dew fingers....how odd ;)

i agree ths product tie in shit is getting way beyond annoying. preorder bonuses are one thing but to add something in hopes of selling a crap bluray movie or some odd drink ive never heard of its too much.

i hope they add more characters from the batman series in dlc like batwoman or batgirl or maybe even damian wayne.

When does that NOS promo go live. I need that batman beyond skin ASAP.

Ive never had NOS, ill throw the Effing shit away, i want the skin....

[quote name='Dunvane']OP needs to be changed:
The Sinestro Corps outfit that comes with the Blu-Ray of Green Lantern is ONLY a skin. There are no exclusive challenge maps. Also, it is ONLY for the PS3, ONLY being included with the Blu-Ray at Best Buy, and the sticker even says "Early Access" to the skin, meaning it's going to become available for purchase/download at some point in the future.

My only hope is that it gets included in the skin bundle for X360, too, because I really don't want to play this game on my PS3 just for that skin. I hate having missed out on the Joker map in the first game that was PS3 exclusive[/QUOTE]You should read the title & the OP fully;

1-The title says "PS3 Exclusive Sinesto Corp Batman" because it is Sony paid for it just like the Joker stuff from AA.
2-"Only a skin" wrong
"The skin will give users the ability to fight crime with the help of the yellow power of fear, giving Batman a unique yellow costume in the story campaign and in the challenge maps," says a Warner Bros. press release.
http://bluray.ign.com/articles/118/1189817p1.html
3-it was a BB exclusive but no longer however it is a PS3 exclusive;

"however it is exclusive to a specific console: Seeing as this is a Blu-Ray and all, the included code is a PSN code, and therefore only functional on PS3 copies of the game.

Update 1: According to our source, the skin-packed copies of Green Lantern will be limited edition and exclusive to Best Buy, however there's a chance the costume will eventually be converted into DLC.

Update 2: Best Buy exclusivity is, according to our source, no longer on the table. While they did not name specifics, "certain other stores" will also be receiving costumed copies."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/08/green-lantern-extended-cut-blu-ray-combo-pack-to-include-batman/

[quote name='Jodou']OK WTF. Energy drink tie-ins now? This industry keeps getting worse daily.[/QUOTE]no the paid sponsorship tie ins work well for the gamers, I'd much rather them do this to increase the cost of games, DLC or both the more revenue arenas that are avail allow them to make more money w/o increasing cost to give us better games. And if it's tied in to a product you already like/use even better.

According to Giant Bomb, the Catwoman section of the single player will require an online pass. So those used games people may want to buy? Will need to pay an extra $10 to play as Catwoman during SP.

EDIT: Regarding the online pass, apparently the news has been out for about a week now and I'm just now seeing it anywhere. WTF.

EDIT2: Okay...apparently Catwoman was originally supposed to be in the game without the pass. However, the pass was supposed to have four bonus in-game missions. NOW, according to other sites like Destructoid, Giant Bomb, Games Radar....Catwoman is not playable at all except if you use an online pass. Too much going on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was at a B&M Gamestop today. I'm like 'what exclusive preorder bonuses do you guysa have'

Response: Joker playable map, oh and OMG PLAYABLE CATWOmAN.

They're such hacks I don't know how one would respond to something like that.

[quote name='Enuf']You should read the title & the OP fully;

1-The title says "PS3 Exclusive Sinesto Corp Batman" because it is Sony paid for it just like the Joker stuff from AA.
2-"Only a skin" wrong
"The skin will give users the ability to fight crime with the help of the yellow power of fear, giving Batman a unique yellow costume in the story campaign and in the challenge maps," says a Warner Bros. press release.
http://bluray.ign.com/articles/118/1189817p1.html
3-it was a BB exclusive but no longer however it is a PS3 exclusive;

"however it is exclusive to a specific console: Seeing as this is a Blu-Ray and all, the included code is a PSN code, and therefore only functional on PS3 copies of the game.

Update 1: According to our source, the skin-packed copies of Green Lantern will be limited edition and exclusive to Best Buy, however there's a chance the costume will eventually be converted into DLC.

Update 2: Best Buy exclusivity is, according to our source, no longer on the table. While they did not name specifics, "certain other stores" will also be receiving costumed copies."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/08/green-lantern-extended-cut-blu-ray-combo-pack-to-include-batman/
[/QUOTE]

You're behind the times, and you're obviously a sucker for advertising. We've known for a couple of days now the the Sinestro Corps skin will be available in the costume pack DLC to be released on 12/6. It is, in fact, JUST A SKIN. That "fight crime with the help of the yellow power of fear" line is just fluffed advertising. There are no special abilities or functions added to the game. It's just a costume. Sony paid for the PS3 exclusive early access code, not for the skin itself. It will be in the costume DLC for the 360, too.

Sorry, chum.

Have started a preorder group in the gameshare thread. Have a Gamestop and Future Shop preorder so far. Feel free to take a look over there if you want to join.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Got my Sinestro Corp code from Green Lantern Blu Ray but I don't have a PS3. First come First serve. Enjoy

P2PD-BQNR-DEJE[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. I was able to redeem it.

Picked up Green Lantern Blu-ray earlier today at Best Buy, but when I entered the code for the Sinestro Corps skin, this message popped up: "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries." :whistle2:(

I e-mailed Playstation Network consumer support with the issue, hopefully they'll be able to help.

i wonder if in the next game youll have to pay for an online pass in order to use the batsuit and all its gadgets. if you dont youll have to play the game as bruce wayne.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Picked up Green Lantern Blu-ray earlier today at Best Buy, but when I entered the code for the Sinestro Corps skin, this message popped up: "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries." :whistle2:(

I e-mailed Playstation Network consumer support with the issue, hopefully they'll be able to help.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed a code off another forum and it worked fine for me.

Finished paying off my pre-order for Batman and Gamestop gave me a DLC Bundle Pack explanation of the upcoming packs.

Nightwing DLC Pack - Play as Nightwing, animated Nightwing skin, Wayne Manor Challenge Map, Main Hall Challenge Map. (11/1)

Robin DLC Pack - Play as Robin, Animated Robin skin, Red Robin skin, Freight Train Challenge Map, Black Mask Challenge Map. (11/22)

Arkham City Skins Pack - Year One, Dark Knight Returns, 70's Batman, Earth One, Sinestro Corps, Batman Beyond, Animated. (12/6)

The Batman Beyond skin from NOS is now available.

Gd04b.png

[quote name='4thHorseman']Finished paying off my pre-order for Batman and Gamestop gave me a DLC Bundle Pack explanation of the upcoming packs.

Nightwing DLC Pack - Play as Nightwing, animated Nightwing skin, Wayne Manor Challenge Map, Main Hall Challenge Map. (11/1)

Robin DLC Pack - Play as Robin, Animated Robin skin, Red Robin skin, Freight Train Challenge Map, Black Mask Challenge Map. (11/22)

Arkham City Skins Pack - Year One, Dark Knight Returns, 70's Batman, Earth One, Sinestro Corps, Batman Beyond, Animated. (12/6)[/QUOTE]

For a second I thought you were saying they gave you all those packs with your pre-order. I was about to run to GameStop and throw down my money. Thanks for the update. I'll need to pick up a PSN card for these. Are they all going to be $6.99 a piece?

[quote name='ObiBen']For a second I thought you were saying they gave you all those packs with your pre-order. I was about to run to GameStop and throw down my money. Thanks for the update. I'll need to pick up a PSN card for these. Are they all going to be $6.99 a piece?[/QUOTE]

The Robin and Nightwing packs are $6.99 each, and the Batman Skins Pack is $4.99.

I'm going to have to go back to Gamestop in the morning it seems since my Animated Skin code wasn't on my receipt. Great......

Was able to get the only non-preorder CE for PS3 at the BestBuy midnight launch (they stopped taking CE pre-orders a month ago). Unfortunately, they didn't have t-shirts and posters like an employee at another store stated and I was in such a hurry to get back home I forgot about it until half-way home.

I got a T-Shirt and Poster. I won a standee but I gave it someone else since I couldn't take it home. I wont the Arkham Asylum Combat Challenge Tournament, too. No upgrades as well.

I've put in a few hours time so far, like 4.5 hours. Did a lot of exploring.

Anyone have an extra NOS code? I can't drink energy drinks otherwise I'd gladly buy one. Not going to waste money on something I can't use.

Uggh, seeing many copies of Arkham City and the collector's editions at my Best Buy, and since every single copy have the DLC, kind of defeat the point of preordering the game.

I found a glitch/problem. I meet all requirements for 1080p. Using 1.4 (high speed with Ethernet) hdmi, the second highest tv in sonys lineup last year, But this game does not run in 1080p. I first thought it was intro movie, but when catwoman mission started and I hit the display button on my tv remote and my Sony says its only getting a 720p signal. This is the ONLY game I have seen do this. NO I'm NOT in 3d mode.

GT5 has the exact same fine print and it runs 1080p just fine. So its the game. I just check again after I wrote the last paragraph

They better patch this pronto

My guess is the game is stuck in 3d resolution( I think they had to downscale in order to
make it still run smooth in 3d). Or else some last minute quality control showed it can't run 1080p and they had to change it.

And look what I just found: I'm not the only one that caught it, here is one link, if you search Google there are more
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111018172917AAM0HsW

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up today, can't wait to play it later this week when I have some time.

Although, I caught some of the GiantBomb quicklook, and noticed the spoilers in it, which was kind of a bummer.

Found it cool and slightly confused at why Rocksteady had to
rip-off a boss fight from Twilight Princess. I mean, it's the best boss in the TP, yeah. But you're telling me they couldn't change the setting while doing it? Seems really uninspired.

Not a fan of the Navigation System in Arkham City at all. Also not a fan of the Advanced AR Training Missions, since they only involve Gliding. The gliding mechanic was not made for that stuff. Also, it takes a really long time to unlock Combat Challenges. I'm guessing you'll need to get all the Riddler stuff done to unlock everything, which kinda sucks.

I also can't figure out how to use my skins in Post-Game (like the game literally says I can).

bread's done
Back