Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice2Dragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
July 29, 2008 Releases

The Band's Visit
Beowulf : Directors Cut (TruHD audio!!! WOOT!)
The Big White
Clear and Present Danger
Dark City
Doomsday (not a bad movie...looks phenomenal!)
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (Unrated?)
Harold and Kumar Go To Guantanemo Bay (Unrated)
Human Body : Pushing The Limits
Hunt For Red October
Lost Boys
Lost Boys : The Tribe (Is this a sequel or a prequel? Anyone)
Mortuary
Never back Down
Patriot Games
Perhaps Love
Robin Hood : Season 1
Salvage
Shine A Light
Stargate : Continuum
Sum Of All Fears
Tiger Blade
Top Gun (Wooo!!!)
Vengeance

Itll be updated every week, sorry guys. Ive had a very busy two weeks @_@

Helpful Links

AVS picture quality tier thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316
HDM reviews and new:
High Def Digest

Import Sites
www.xploitedcinema.com

Region Code Listing
http://bluray.liesinc.net

OP will be updated soon with more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anomynous']Hmmmm Judd Apatow3 pack & Godfather Trilogy from Family Video.

$115.xx before tax, end up saving at least $27 over Amazon, because they don't have that 3 pack up yet.

I think I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

Remember Family Video charges you the moment you place the order.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Warner's been getting a huge boner for animation on BD lately. Hey Warner, why not, ya know, give me WATERSHIP DOWN?!?!? Argg[/quote]

Has Iron Giant been released or announced?

Has anyone picked up Persepolis on BD? How's it look? How're the extras?[quote name='neocisco']Has Iron Giant been released or announced?[/quote]

Would love to get Iron Giant on Blu-ray, but I haven't heard/read anything about a release.

[quote name='bmachine']Has anyone picked up Persepolis on BD? How's it look? How're the extras?

Would love to get Iron Giant on Blu-ray, but I haven't heard/read anything about a release.[/quote]

Unless they sequel Iron Giant (straight to dvd) or have some sort of Tie In, I doubt we will until at least late 09..

Persepolis is a very odd movie.. PQ is great, but its.. different. I didnt like it, but my girlfriend really enjoyed it.

Its not my type of film.

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead is on Amazon Gold box...1hr left
$17.xx not that great of a price but you do see Marisa Tomei naked :drool:
51%2BII5fewBL._SL120_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

[quote name='DaddySasquatch']You pretty much summed it up for me too. I remember when DVD hit and online prices were dirt cheap, oh the good old days. I had a ton of DVDs in a short time. I only have a few blu-rays and mostly use the hell out of my NetFlix membership. I am looking forward to the day when the studios realize that we just can't afford these prices and if they want to sell mass quantities they will have to come down. God bless Netflix and the PS3.[/quote]I certainly don't remember DVD prices being 'dirt cheap' early on.

I bought over 50 BDs 'early on' thanks to them being so cheap (10-15 each) as they battled HD DVD though.
Now I sit and wait for sales.

I ordered my Starship Troopers from Amazon UK 3 weeks ago, shipped 2 weeks ago, still not here

And my Harold & Kumar: Guantanamo Bay still hasnt shipped AFAIK

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Trust me...you aren't the only one. Almost all of the hi-def movies I have so far were gotten at good prices. I rarely ever spend more than $20. The only ones I can think of are sets, like Die Hard and the Ultimate Matrix, and the Batman Begins giftset. There have been a ton of movies I have balked at over price.[/quote]

Exactly. Besides, if you wait a little while and shop around there are very few Blu-Rays that come to mind that I have not seen at $15-20 price (or lower) since I started buying them. Between 2 for $30 and B2G1 and B1G1 sales and DDD's 20% off, I think the most I've paid for a Blu-Ray (Lost S3 aside) is about $21. Seems like most studios have brought their price down to about $20 except for Fox. What makes them think they can charge almost $8 more per movie is beyond me.

sweet jeebus i had no idea that the crow was actually out on blu ray anywhere!

//edit: There's a review on amazon.co.uk that says even though the BR says it's region free, it's not. Can you confirm, Sporadic? I would hate to order it and it be region locked.

[quote name='Scorch']sweet jeebus i had no idea that the crow was actually out on blu ray anywhere!

//edit: There's a review on amazon.co.uk that says even though the BR says it's region free, it's not. Can you confirm, Sporadic? I would hate to order it and it be region locked.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm the disc is region locked B, it also says it on the back of the case.

crowir3.jpg

[quote name='Sporadic']I can confirm it's region locked B.

crowir3.jpg
[/quote]

Ouch...so you're stuck with it and can't view it now? Or do you have ways to go around it?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ouch...so you're stuck with it and can't view it now? Or do you have ways to go around it?[/QUOTE]

No, I have AnyDVD (which is what that screenshot is from)

It breaks the region code and removes all of that annoying shit they put on the disc (BD+, trailers, UOP warnings, etc) on the fly. Any disc works just like normal on my set up.

[quote name='anomynous']that screencap shows he's ripping it

I think[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't rip it (although it's possible) that screenshot shows AnyDVD doing all of that stuff on the fly.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Sporadic - Why did you get Encounters from UK? Is there extra stuff???[/QUOTE]

It was cheaper to just import it instead of buying it from Amazon US ($20.24 vs $32.95)

It doesn't seem to be any different than the US release and it's region free.

[quote name='Scorch']So you just view them on your PC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo drive in my computer.

I'm currently using my computer monitor (which has been my setup since getting into HDM) but when I get the money for a new TV, I'll be able to output to it via HDMI.

Suprised this hadn't been posted yet:

Planet of the Apes box set announced

One of the most iconic sci-fi franchises in cinema history, the five 'Apes' films -- 'Planet of the Apes,' 'Beneath the Planet of the Apes,' 'Escape from the Planet of the Apes,' 'Conquest of the Planet of the Apes' and 'Battle for the Planet of the Apes' -- will be packaged on Blu-ray as 'Planet of the Apes: 40-Year Evolution Collection,' which will hit stores on November 4.

This six-disc set will see each 'Apes' film get its own BD-50 dual-layer disc (with an additional disc for extras), each in remastered 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and with DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround tracks.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray set has been placed at $159.98.

I just finished with all 3 Starships...2 blows balls and 3 is a little bit better but its filled with cheesy one-liners, poor acting, and some strange religion subplot. PQ quality is so-so.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I just finished with all 3 Starships...2 blows balls and 3 is a little bit better but its filled with cheesy one-liners, poor acting, and some strange religion subplot. PQ quality is so-so.[/QUOTE]

I believe i'm the only person that thought #2 was quite entertaining...

2 sucked. But I have some hope for 3, I'll see when it comes from Netflix. Not expecting much though.

And my Harold & Kumar 2 finally shipped

[quote name='anomynous']2 sucked. But I have some hope for 3, I'll see when it comes from Netflix. Not expecting much though.

And my Harold & Kumar 2 finally shipped[/quote]

Oh snap! Mine shipped out last night too, they even paid for Next Day Delivery...its already in transit towards me. Thank you WHV :applause:

[quote name='erehwon']I'm wondering if I'm the only one having a hard time in going over to high def? The $20-30 price range on most movies is just more than I generally feel comfortable with. I am tempted get that Dark City deal on amazon and maybe 2001: A Space Odyssey, though. Those are really the only movies I've felt like upgrading to for the moment. I'm also trying to decide between Iron Man on Blu-ray or the steelbook DVD.[/quote]

High media prices is why I wanted the format war to last much longer. People looked at me crazy, but we are already seeing the effects. It will be a couple of years before we see B1G1 deals like we were in Bluray was competing with HDDVD.

I still buy movies, but I really bargain shop. I spend less than $10 on titles.

[quote name='dallow']Fox for the most part is quality stuff.
It's a great little series of films.

Hoping for a good deal.....[/quote]Their pricetags are also quality stuff, in the high range. :wall:

If it looks good and lives up the promises of the extras, then hopefully, it'll show up with a nice deal through Amazon.com, DD or somewhere else.

[quote name='shrike4242']Their pricetags are also quality stuff, in the high range. :wall:

If it looks good and lives up the promises of the extras, then hopefully, it'll show up with a nice deal through Amazon.com, DD or somewhere else.[/quote]

Their newer movies have been awesome, but their catalog quality has been pure crap.

James Bond specs have been released.

MGM has revealed the full dossier on the first six titles in its upcoming James Bond Blu-ray collection, which will debut on Blu-ray with hours of bonus features.

As reported last month, MGM finally confirmed the release of its first wave of six classic James Bond titles, set to bow on Blu-ray October 21 (day-and-date with new standard DVD re-issues).

Spanning all four decades of Bond, the half-dozen titles include 'Dr. No,' 'From Russia with Love,' 'Thunderball,' 'Live and Let Die,' 'For Your Eyes Only' and 'Die Another Day.' (MGM will also package the six titles in a pair of three-pack bundles, with the 'James Bond Blu-ray Collection Three-Pack: Volume 1' featuring 'From Russia with Love,' 'Thunderball' and 'For Your Eyes Only,' and the 'James Bond Blu-ray Collection Three-Pack: Volume 2' with 'Dr. No,' 'Live and Let Die' and 'Die Another Day.')

Now the full specs are in, with each Bond adventure receiving the BD-50 dual-layer treatment, complete with fully-remastered 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and audio tracks in DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround.

Extras will be comparable to the previously-released two-disc DVD editions of each title, with hours of rare bonus materials featuring the participation of Bond cast and crew. The breakdown of extras for each release is as follows:

Dr. No:
• "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Audio commentary featuring director Terence Young and cast & crew
• Featurettes: "Inside Dr. No," "Premiere Bond," "Terence Young: Bond Vivant," "Dr. No 1963 Featurette"
• "Top Level Access 007: License to Restore" - Featurette detailing the Bond Ultimate Edition film restoration process
• "Declassified: M16 Vault" - The Guns of James Bond
• "007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of Dr. No
• "Ministry of Propaganda" - Original Trailers, TV Spots, Photo Gallery and Radio Communications

Die Another Day:
• "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Audio Commentary Featuring Director Lee Tamahori and Producer Michael G. Wilson
• Audio Commentary featuring Pierce Brosnan and Rosamund Pike
• "Declassified: M16 Vault" - From Script to Screen
• Featurettes: "Shaken and Stirred on Ice," "Just Another Day," "The British Touch: Bond Arrives in London," "On Location With Peter Lamont
• "007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of Die Another Day
• MI6 DataStream
• Madonna’s "Die Another Day" Music Video
• "Ministry of Propaganda" Photo gallery

Live and Let Die:
• Audio Commentary featuring Sir Roger Moore
• "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Audio Commentary featuring Guy Hamilton
• Audio Commentary featuring Tom Mankiewicz
• "Declassified: M16 Vault" - Bond 1973: The Lost Documentary
• Featurettes: "Roger Moore as James Bond, Circa 1964," "Inside Live and Let Die," "On Set With Roger Moore"
• Live and Let Die Conceptual Art
• "007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of Live and Let Die
• "Ministry of Propaganda" - Original Trailers, TV Spots, Photo Gallery and Radio Communications

For Your Eyes Only:
• Audio Commentary featuring Sir Roger Moore
• Audio Commentary featuring Michael G Wilson and Crew
• "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Audio Commentary featuring John Glen and Actors
• "Declassified: M16 Vault" Deleted Scenes and Expanded Angles
• Featurettes: "Inside For Your Eyes Only," "Bond in Greece, Bond in Cortina," "Neptune’s Journey
•"007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of For Your Eyes Only
• Animated Storyboard Sequences
• Sheena Easton’s "For Your Eyes Only" Music Video

From Russia with Love:
• "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Audio Commentary featuring director Terence Young and cast & crew
• "Declassified: M16 Vault" - Ian Fleming: The CBC Interview
• Featurettes: "Ian Fleming and Raymond Chandler," "Ian Fleming on Desert Island Discs," "Inside From Russia With Love," "Harry Saltzman: Showman"
• Animated Storyboard Sequence
• "007 Mission Control" - Interactive Guide Into the World of From Russia With Love
• Ministry of Propaganda" - Original Trailers, TV Spots, Photo Gallery and Radio Communications

Thunderball:
• "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" - Audio Commentary featuring Terence Young and others
• Audio Commentary featuring Peter Hunt, John Hopkins and Others
• "Declassified: M16 Vault" The Incredible World of James Bond - Original 1965 NBC Television Special
• "A Child’s Guide to Blowing Up a Motor Car" - 1965 Ford Promotional Film On Location With Ken Adam
• Featurettes: "Bill Suitor: The Rocket Man Movies," "The Making of Thunderball," "The Thunderball Phenomenon," "The Secret History of Thunderball"
• Thunderball Boat Show Reel
• Selling Bonds - Original 1965 Television Advertisements
• "007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of Thunderball

Suggested list price for the stand-alone Bond titles has been set at $34.95 a pop, and $89.95 for each 3-pack bundle.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/James_Bond/Sony/James_Bond_Blu-ray_Specs_Revealed/1962

I'm disappointed in myself for not ordering from Xploited Cinema sooner. Earlier today I ordered Sweeney Todd Blu-Ray Steelbook and it already shipped. Same day service. Amazing! Too bad they are going out of business so to speak.

[quote name='CAG 79']I'm disappointed in myself for not ordering from Xploited Cinema sooner. Earlier today I ordered Sweeney Todd Blu-Ray Steelbook and it already shipped. Same day service. Amazing! Too bad they are going out of business so to speak.[/quote]

Yea. Tony is quick as hell. One of the reasons I kept going back to them was the speed of the service.

I ordered my last few imports last week on Friday that I wanted, and they were in hand by Monday.

[quote name='anomynous']Somebody over at the High Def Digest forums got Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles early[/QUOTE]

I got it as well. Mine includes a slip cover (I think somone on Blu-ray.com got theirs and they either didn't get a slip cover or didn't take a picture of it).

It has DD5.1 sound :cry: Previous TV on HD DVD from Warner was DD+ so this is once again a slap in the face by Warner.

1000443sj5.jpg

So I just read that Futureshop in Canada is getting a steelbook version of Iron Man

I hope it's possible to order that online for the US

[quote name='graf1k']So how's everyone getting Terminator almost 3 weeks early?[/quote]

I'm guessing they ordered them from Warner, and they are known to ship stuff out before its street date.

Die Another Day

REALLY?! This is what they give us?! Not Goldfinger, Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, Man With the Golden Gun, On Her Majesty's Secret Service (My Favorite!) or Octopussy even... We get that trash?! I fucking hate Haley Berry and her popularity.

[quote name='Deadpool']REALLY?! This is what they give us?! Not Goldfinger, Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, Man With the Golden Gun, On Her Majesty's Secret Service (My Favorite!) or Octopussy even... We get that trash?! I fucking hate Haley Berry and her popularity.[/quote]
I love her tits though. That's why I bought Swordfish. :D

[quote name='anomynous']So I just read that Futureshop in Canada is getting a steelbook version of Iron Man

I hope it's possible to order that online for the US[/QUOTE]

FYE and Suncoast are also getting a steelbook of Iron Man, at least on DVD. I haven't heard anything about one for Blu-Ray. I went in to check a couple weeks ago and they only had one choice for Blu-Ray and it didn't say anything about steelbook. I really want to go back and see if anything has changed.

Too bad I don't have any FYE's or Suncoasts near me, but if there is a :br: steelbook at one of those, I'm willing to pay someone on here to get me one.

[quote name='graf1k']So how's everyone getting Terminator almost 3 weeks early?[/QUOTE]

I am a reviewer. Others are getting it from Warner shipping it early.

Damn the Warner Bros. 25% off coupon is pretty sweet.

Dark City, Dirty Harry, 2001, The Aviator, Blade Runner, Blood Diamond, Pan's Labyrinth, Be Kind Rewind, and Goodfellas for $170.

I haven't seen any of them.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I got it as well. Mine includes a slip cover (I think somone on Blu-ray.com got theirs and they either didn't get a slip cover or didn't take a picture of it).

It has DD5.1 sound :cry: Previous TV on HD DVD from Warner was DD+ so this is once again a slap in the face by Warner.

1000443sj5.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah.. DD = no thanks.. I was really looking forward to it too.. at lot of warner releases as of late have been standard dolby digital (Bucket list, Fools gold).. no idea why though.

Potential double dip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back