CAG Arcade Stick Thread II: World Warrior

[quote name='eastx']I don't know man, there's nothing in that video that you couldn't express with just text and pictures. But heck, maybe some people enjoy seeing a stick in motion.[/QUOTE]

I dont know man... I got asked on shoryuken to post a vid of it working, thought I would share on here as well..... thanks for watching I guess :whistle2:?

[quote name='anubis20']I dont know man... I got asked on shoryuken to post a vid of it working, thought I would share on here as well..... thanks for watching I guess :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I appreciated it, I thought it was cool as hell to actually see it in action. :applause:

I finally got my Chimp board in and a replacement sanwa for the one sticking on my modded T5. Im going to dual mod my TE and dual mod my T5 this weekend. If anyone has any advice on a EASY stick mod for the T5, i am all ears, but if its too much work the stock stick isnt TOO bad and i have sanwa buttons installed so the stick works out pretty well.

[quote name='eastx']Did you try unplugging the wires that go to those buttons and plugging them back in? It'd be quick and easy to try if you have a hex bit/wrench to open the stick with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to void the warranty on something I just bought.

[quote name='eastx']
Also, Kotaku has posted a Super SF4 TE stick preview:

http://kotaku.com/5443207/super-street-fighter-iv-fightstick-tournament-edition-s-hands+on[/QUOTE]

Looks Nice. They cut off the sides and made a Full Panel Plexi. I'm definitely getting one for my PS3.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but I don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to void the warranty on something I just bought.[/QUOTE]

I think you only void the warranty if you open it from the bottom. SO don't open it from the bottom. The bottom gives you no access to anything. There are 6 hex screws on the face of the TE, use a 3mm hex key. You can buy one like mines, it's a Stanley hex key tool with like 8 keys on it, cost $5 at wal-mart. Once you open the top of it all you do is unplug the wire to the buttons and plug it back in. Really simple. The easiest way to remove a quick disconnect, IMO, is to place a flat head in between the QD and the button and just turn it a little bit, it'll pop right off or loosen it up.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I finally got my Chimp board in and a replacement sanwa for the one sticking on my modded T5. Im going to dual mod my TE and dual mod my T5 this weekend. If anyone has any advice on a EASY stick mod for the T5, i am all ears, but if its too much work the stock stick isnt TOO bad and i have sanwa buttons installed so the stick works out pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Use a JLF for the T5, all you have to do is drill 4 holes on the restrictor plate (which are already marked) and use the xisting screws.

etokki - Web Store (Korean & Japanese Parts, New Sticks, Converters + MORE)!
http://www.etokki.com/

Awesome new web store with a ton of great products.

- Korean arcade parts (Crown, Myoungshin)
- Japanese arcade parts (Sanwa JLF, pushbuttons)
- Converters (Highly regarded inpin and Xconverter 360)

Awesome new products like the PS3/360 arcade stick, the Paewang Revolution:

Loving the web store.

^.^​

[quote name='MarkMan'] etokki - Web Store (Korean & Japanese Parts, New Sticks, Converters + MORE)!

Loving the web store.

^.^​
[/QUOTE]

... *sees inpin converter* ... I like it already.

*sees price of stick* ... hmm, are the guts and modding difficulty
or ease
the same as any other mayflash?

[quote name='MarkMan'] etokki - Web Store (Korean & Japanese Parts, New Sticks, Converters + MORE)!

Loving the web store.

^.^​
[/QUOTE]

Hey Mark, are there any stick cases out there easily modable with Korean parts?

Also,

Anyone know how much a SFII Aniversary stick goes for?

Anyone have a spare Cthulhu to sell me?

[quote name='coolsteel']60-75 before shipping most of the time[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right, I usually see them go for $100 shipped on ebay.

[quote name='Jest']Hey Mark, are there any stick cases out there easily modable with Korean parts?

[/QUOTE]

Saulabi, pretty cheap, they're available on Play-Asia.

Hello there gentlemen. Looks like akuma001 finished modding my TE. He replaced the stock buttons with some Seimitsu's and threw a Cthulu board in there. Now I have one stick for both my consoles.. yay... the stick looks great, I'll let ya'll know how it feels after I receive it.

IMG_1000.jpg

Quick question, were anything about the fightpads changed at all other than the artwork? Don't know if this has been answered or not anywhere, but I actually liked the fightpads. Though I thought the pad itself could use just a little bit more tweaking.

Welcome to the Seimitsu club Phrosty, though blue on red is nasty looking. You could use some new art.

Out of the three DC - PS2 controller adapters anyone know which one is worth a shit? Mark seems to only over ps2 to current gen. I know there was a old ass thread on SRK but I don't recall anyone of them being better than the next. Any thoughts, and no I am not buying a new agetech shit is dead and would just rather use one of my Hori or Nuby.

Speaking of seimitsu, after giving the seimitsu buttons a bit, I still prefer the Sanwa. The stick itself however is better.

Not much arcade stick talk, guess I'll make a post.

I've built a decent collection ... kind of.
0119001850.jpg
0119001851.jpg

and my personal new one that I just modded ♥

0119001851a.jpg

[quote name='coolsteel']Which ones gets used the most?[/QUOTE]

Umm... Namco Stick for the PS2, 360 TE for the PC and PS3 TE for the PS3. The T5 never gets used, the T6 is my bullshit stick when I'm too lazy to plug in a wire and the HRAP EX-SE gets used on my PC but not as much as the TE since I'm just used to Sanwa parts. The SFIV SE is brand new, literally got it yesterday and modded it today.

I know I've probably asked this before, but for the HRAP's do I need to take out the joystick completely to change out the Ball Top Color?

I was reading the SRK HRAP2 mod thread and I wasn't sure how it was done exactly.

Are there any sticks for the Wii that use real Sanwa or Seimitsu parts?

I'm getting excited for TvC coming out next week and the only stick I have for the Wii is the Hori blue and white one, which is pretty cheap.

I theres a Madcatz TvC stick. Does it use real arcade parts? If so, that may be the way to go.

The funny thing is I'm going to have to dig my Wii out of the closet and hook it up just to play this game.

There are no retail Wii sticks that use Sanwa/Seimitsu.

The closest thing would be the Mad Catz TVC stick which uses Omron microswitches (same as Sanwa) in the stick.

[quote name='zewone']No. Stick a flat head screwdriver into the bottom of the shaft and hold it there. Then, unscrew the balltop.[/QUOTE]

Nice, sounds simple enough. I know that was what was explained in the HRAP2 SRK Mod Thread, but it seemed too simple :)

If I can't sell my 360 TE in time enough to get a HRAP V3, I'll probably just start mods on my HRAP2 SA and the TE.

Got my TE back from Akuma001. Looks great.. haven't tried it out yet though, busy busy.. will report back with results.

I did get a chance to plug it into my parent's PC though. It was pretty cool.. when I first plugged it in it was recognized as a 360 controller, then when I flipped the switch that Akuma installed it was recognized as Cthulu PC/PS3 controller. I have my doubts about it working in Linux but who knows.. it might. Regardless, I'm impressed by simple electric work. :D

Then don't paint it. Vinyl dye is the way to go. Can't recommend brands, but there's at least one thread on it at Shoryuken.

[quote name='asianxcore']Did anyone Spray Paint their TE bezel?

If so, what kind of paint did you use. Don't want that shit rubbing off over time.[/QUOTE]

I was going to, but got lazy. You want to grab some vinyl dye. They're great for this purpose.

Due to my boredom with level 70 MW2, I tried out my freshly modded stick yesterday with my first ever BC PS2-on-PS3 game.. Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. I was sooo happy to be playing Alpha 1 again.. a game I remember from my late childhood, I put a shitload of hours into that game. Anyway, the Seimitsu buttons on the stick feel great. People were saying that they're less sensitive than Sanwa buttons which is true, but they're not much less sensitive. The level, I'd say, is pretty good. Not too strong, not too weak, just right. For some reason I was having trouble pulling off Supers in the Alpha games though. Not sure why... maybe I'm rusty or maybe the motions are just way stricter than SF2/SF4. Or maybe it's just how BC games are... BC SF3 Xbox-on-360 is the same way for me... can't really pull off Supers consistently. Anyway, I had a lot of fun and ended up unlocking Hyper SFA, just wish that game had more levels.

I prefer Seimitsu buttons over Sanwa. Sanwa buttons are too sensitive for me. Sometimes I'm trying to do a combo and I already have the button pushed down without realizing it or I accidentally touch the button and get an EX. With Seitmitsus, I actually have to push the button to activate it.

I also have trouble pulling of specials in other games. Guess they are too strict for my SFIV practice. Games like Blazblue, KOFXII, SFIIHDR.

Hmm, ok, here's a little question to get things moving again. If you were to mod another stick, which case would you use? Assume you can't build your own and can only use one of the stock cases for any stick you can think of. I'd choose the namco because I absolutely adore lap stick. Throw a sixaxis + official ms wireless PCB in that sucker and it'd be heaven. T6 case would be a runner up, despite how much I hate the parts I love the case.

Virtua Stick High Grade is really would I would like to do, wireless dual pcb setup. But those things have just gotten too rare/expensive for that little project right now. My lone VSHG is staying stock

Hmm, I would like to tri mod a Nuby Tech for DC use, and make it wireless. Will I do this, no. But it would be nice as hell.

When are they doing your interview Bomber?

My interview for IGN FAQ Writer of the month? :D

I submitted the answers today, so hopefully it will run next week. Hopefully it'll include a very cool Bionic Commando Rearmed image I submitted. I'll keep everybody updated.

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM JAN. 29 - 31, 2010!

Hello everyone!

There will be a special Mad Catz Store ( http://store.gameshark.com ) promotion going on this weekend!

I'll be live in Northern California at this week's NorCal Strong Style 4 Tournament plugging this website promo and showing off some of our new Super Street Fighter IV and Tatsunoko VS. Capcom products! Stay tuned to http://iplaywinner.com for more details & watch the live stream on Saturday!

We will be doing 20% OFF all Tournament Edition sticks (Excluding Marvel VS Capcom 2 TE FightSticks) & 30% OFF all standard FightSticks & FightPads!*

The 20% OFF TE FightSticks includes the following:

4738.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg
SF4-FF4738.jpg

• Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Femme Fatale" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360 (VERY LIMITED NUMBERS LEFT!)
The 30% OFF product list includes the following:

4718.gif
4728-guile.jpg
ComicCon-4728.jpg

• Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Comic-Con Exclusive" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
ALL ORDERS USING THE SPECIAL PROMO CODE (WILL BE ANNOUNCED FRIDAY), WILL RECEIVE A BONUS MAD CATZ TE STICK PROMO KEY CHAIN (While supplies last!).

4194064755_a1d9a7526c.jpg

* Excludes Marvel VS Capcom 2 Tournament Edition FightSticks & Tatsunoko VS. Capcom FightSticks.
* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!

Stay tuned! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

Thanks Markman.
I sure don't need another stick ATM, but I do want the key chain damn it lol.
Maybe just a controller will do, the Viper one is nice.
Screw it, I'll just start saving for the TE "S".

I was wondering if the SFIV PS3 console skins fit on the slims?

bread's done
Back