CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the question about wireless lag, it's been tested and proven that the official Xbox 360 wireless controllers and SixAxis/DualShock 3 controllers have no more lag than wired controllers. Wireless technology has greatly improved and not everyone realizes that yet. The Tekken stick is very unlikely to have lag on 360 where it will be using licensed wireless tech. The PS3 version might use a wireless dongle instead of Bluetooth, which could result in a performance hit, but it's impossible to tell until it comes out.

Well, I plan to get the 360 version, so hopefully there will be no issues. Another quick question, I have a guy who wants to trade his custom built stick for my hrap ex, and I was wondering the quality of the parts. It would include a p360 stick and happ buttons. Anyone have any hands on impressions of this stuff? Should I just hold on to my hrap instead? I also have a sf standard edition stick as well as an ex2, this stupid thread has gotten me into collecting all these sticks.:)

The P360 is the stick found in original US Marvel VS. Capcom 2 cabinets. It's optical so it feels a little different than Happ/iL Competition sticks. They're kind of expensive and hard to install, so it'd be convenient to have that done for you already.

Happ Competition buttons are great.

You just need to decide whether you want an American-style stick or not, really.

[quote name='LostRoad']Thanks for all the info Vortex, just had one last question. What kind of wood is used for the boxes. Once more thanks for answering all my questions.[/QUOTE]

Hi LostRoad,

No problem, its why I'm here ;)

Okay I have just been informed that although I have said that we use wood, we are actually using MDF, which as far as I knew was wood but I have since been corrected and informed that MDF is actually a form of "engineered wood".

This is one of those times I have to say; Its a sad day when I have to be told the difference between WOOD and ENGINEERED Wood. :cry:

Jeez... I would have LOVED to meet the genius who looked at the Woodshop floor and had the brilliant idea to add Glue to wood-dust!

Sorry, I got carried away :lol:

Forgot to post this here...

3667093245_28a5f03954_b.jpg

3667899084_b19266576f_b.jpg

No need for more pics, nothing new to see here... -_-

Best part of the stick is the box/packaging. Shit is awesome.

[quote name='blueweltall']So what's better, the SFIV TE or the Hori Blazblue stick?[/QUOTE]

Oh the TE no doubt. The BB sticks are just a fan service. Same shit Hori keeps putting out. But like Mark said the branding on them is so hot. If ever in doubt about a stick, just get a TE. They really did set a new standard for sticks and anything less is crap.

Just a straight up diagonal? Probably not. Unless you actually play/experience both, you won't be able to tell the difference really.

But that's the whole thing. It's just based on how comfortable you are with what you got.

You can use the screws that come with the SE. If not, I forgot the exact measurement but you should be able to match em if you bring it to Home Depot or some place like that.

Anyone have any stock buttons from their te that they want to get rid of? I remember somebody did, dunno if they maybe still had them. I could give like 20 bucks for them.

Damn Doc, I would have saved the SE stock buttons if I knew somebody would pay that much for them. I have some Hori buttons if you want them though.

[quote name='eastx']Damn Doc, I would have saved the SE stock buttons if I knew somebody would pay that much for them. I have some Hori buttons if you want them though.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I already have a stock SE, I just figured I could get the stock sanwas from a te if someone replaced the buttons with different colors or something.:)

Ok, question. I've been meaning to pick up a TE for awhile now, but didn't really want to spend $150 out of pocket.

Assuming I buy one, which is more likely to be the cheaper option:

1) Buy a 360 stick, get a Cthulhu board for PS3 support
2) Buy a PS3 stick, have someone frankenstein the MadCatz "Arcade" stick I already have for 360 support.

I'm thinking 2 would be the cheaper route, but I would like to be able to play on my 360 day one. Help me out CAG's!

[quote name='lolwut?']Ok, question. I've been meaning to pick up a TE for awhile now, but didn't really want to spend $150 out of pocket.

Assuming I buy one, which is more likely to be the cheaper option:

1) Buy a 360 stick, get a Cthulhu board for PS3 support
2) Buy a PS3 stick, have someone frankenstein the MadCatz "Arcade" stick I already have for 360 support.

I'm thinking 2 would be the cheaper route, but I would like to be able to play on my 360 day one. Help me out CAG's![/QUOTE]

buy mine since it has a cthulhu and i want to get rid of it LOL

Installing a Cthulhu in a 360 stick is far easier than doing it the other way around, even though it will cost slightly more.

[quote name='anubis20']buy mine since it has a cthulhu and i want to get rid of it LOL[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the guy that was talking about $200+ in parts alone? I barely have enough to cover the stock stick on it's own right now, so I think I'll pass.

[quote name='eastx']Installing a Cthulhu in a 360 stick is far easier than doing it the other way around, even though it will cost slightly more.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Perhaps I could sell the Arcade stick to go towards the project cost. Or I could give it to the modder as a credit towards the job total.

Whaddaya say eastx ;) *nudge nudge*

[quote name='lolwut?']Weren't you the guy that was talking about $200+ in parts alone? I barely have enough to cover the stock stick on it's own right now, so I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

if you are looking for a dual pcb setup thats pretty much what you are looking at

OK, so I'm in the market for a fight (arcade) stick.

Never owned one before (unless you want to go back and count my old NES Advantage), so I need some opinions.

What is the best stick to buy for 360? If games make a difference, I currently own these fighting games:

BlazBlue (pre-ordered)
Fatal Fury Special (XBLA)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (XBLA)
SoulCalibur (XBLA)
SoulCalibur IV
Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting (XBLA)
Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA)

Thanks!

i enjoy my hori ex2...but it would be nice if it had 8 buttons instead of 6 for games like sf4. i think theyre still overpriced everywhere though since the release of sf4. i got mine about a yr ago for $55 but i think theyre going for about $80 on amazon now.

well, after 2 months of sweat and tears, I finally completed my first custom stick ^^. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results ;):

Wireless PS3 stick (using a sixaxis + axisdapter)

Sanwa JLF+Seimitsu pushbuttons+Seimitsu bubbletop

DSCN1211.JPG

DSCN1214.JPG

DSCN1215.JPG

DSCN1213.JPG

Both sticks ^^:
DSCN1217.JPG

any feedback is welcome ;)

This sucks... so I had a SF IV TE stick back in Jan and sold it because I told myself I would buy it later and focus on the profit at first. Now it's almost July, it's back in stock at Amazon.com.

I can use the ECA Membership coupon which brings it down to $135 shipped. Now I graduate from college in two weeks, but still can't find a job. Do I really need to be buying this... decisions, decisions. I've been at the same Amazon.com checkout page for like close to two hours now...

[quote name='Pootie Thang']This sucks... so I had a SF IV TE stick back in Jan and sold it because I told myself I would buy it later and focus on the profit at first. Now it's almost July, it's back in stock at Amazon.com.

I can use the ECA Membership coupon which brings it down to $135 shipped. Now I graduate from college in two weeks, but still can't find a job. Do I really need to be buying this... decisions, decisions. I've been at the same Amazon.com checkout page for like close to two hours now...[/QUOTE]

Do it. It will be a great gruduation gift to yourself and you will have time to practice while waiting for job interviews.

S4 TE stick is the best imho. However if your more of a lap player mod the hell out of a S4 SE and it can be equal if not better then the TE. Just keep in mind after all the modifications the bill might be close to TE range.

I have REALLY been looking into sticks lately because I'll probably be picking up quite a few fighting games. But 150?!?! That seems outrageous to me, I've never owned a fighting stick but is it really worth the 150?

[quote name='FrankySox']I have REALLY been looking into sticks lately because I'll probably be picking up quite a few fighting games. But 150?!?! That seems outrageous to me, I've never owned a fighting stick but is it really worth the 150?[/QUOTE]

$150 was outrageous to me too, but you get what you pay for. I couldn't be happier with my investment.

And the value is what you give it.
To me 1 hour spent per $1 is worth it. $65 for street fighter(i got it much cheaper) and $150 for a TE stick is $215. I played the SFIV over 300 hours and theres more fighters coming.
Not including a $30 One Year XBL sub which I am on XBL almost every day.

You also have a stick for all the upcoming fighting games.
MvC2, Tekken 6, KoF12, BlazBlue.

And if you get into it you can mod it with a pretty design like mines:
CIMG2713.jpg

After seeing that picture I'm sure I'm going to end up buying one of these...man it's getting expensive to be a gamer. However if I spend 150 bucks I sure as shit wont be doing any modifications to it and I'll most likely get a glass case to keep it in, as well as wear rubber gloves when I use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The final piece of the Xbox 360 arcade stick line. The first non licensed full Sanwa arcade stick for the Xbox 360 from Hori. (First was the Otomedius G Hyperstick)

THE HORI REAL ARCADE PRO EX-SA (Sanwa)

Hori Reveals Another Special Addition!

July 2, 2009

Hori does it again! This time completing their lineup of Xbox 360 arcade sticks with a full Sanwa version with the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX Special Addition (Sanwa)! The arcade stick is for the Xbox 360 and will be available on July 16, exclusively through Hori Store with a limited run of 1 per customer! Priced at 13,500Yen (about $140 USD), the HRAP EX SA is sure to appeal to the many gamers still on the hunt for a new arcade stick. Good luck with the secondary market prices though! Click below for more details on the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back