CAG MLB 10: The Show League Fantasy Teams! MIL/PHI/SD open! Series 6 Games Due 9/6!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, from what I've gathered, it looks like what slickkill posted before is actually right (and I apologize for not believing you, slick. It's just so ridiculous, it doesn't sound sane). Apparently, the development team is on a break until the end of the month. I guess it's their reward for making such a "great game". I don't know what kind of team doesn't expect even a great game to have some problems that need attention though. Here's the thread talking about it:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/401808-no-patch-awhile.html

It's crazy how defensive people on OS get about the issue though. People are getting banned left and right, and they lecture people with "You have a sense of entitlement...no other developer addresses issues like The Show team!" BUT they seem to fail to question why it's constantly necessary for the team to be addressing problems in the game. I know no game is going to be perfect, but at what point does it just become sloppy? How many of these things should slip by testing? It just seems like every year it's 'Oh, online is broken", "Oh, Franchise has a glitch", "Oh, RttS freezes".

I'm like bewildered because I was the person swearing I wouldn't buy this game if it wasn't better...and it is...but it's not? lol. I mean, I feel the gameplay itself is more solid (hitting is more organic, check swings work, diving works, CPU doesn't cheat, etc.), but here we are again waiting until the end of April for certain parts of the game to work how they were intended. And all the while, the game is pulling in 9's and 9.5's in reviews. It almost makes me feel bad for a game like Madden because they get absolutely crucified for the smallest things. But The Show is impervious? How do they do it? lol[/QUOTE]

Seriously. They pulled the same shit last year (one month vacation in March prior to first MUCH NEEDED patch). Quite a few people paid $60 to get this "game" in the first week or two and it is flawed to say the least.

Here's an idea - don't take vacation until the game works. Make the dev team continue working during the month between release and the start of the actual baseball season. That would give plenty of time to address these issues. Then take a TWO month vacation.

[quote name='dickybeans']Seriously. They pulled the same shit last year (one month vacation in March prior to first MUCH NEEDED patch). Quite a few people paid $60 to get this "game" in the first week or two and it is flawed to say the least.

Here's an idea - don't take vacation until the game works. Make the dev team continue working during the month between release and the start of the actual baseball season. That would give plenty of time to address these issues. Then take a TWO month vacation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and see, this is what I based my initial "Why pay $60 when the game won't work properly for two months...at which point you can get it for $35 used" stance on. But..they fucking tricked me again, lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not near as upset as I was last year because I can screw around with offline games without the CPU cheating (didn't plan on starting a Franchise until Knight's rosters are out anyway), and I can play Home Run Derby, and I can play online games lag free for the most part, so unlike last year, I feel this game has more value.

But it's still hard to defend having this many bugs. So many people at OS are just willing to overlook it, and even defend the game being worth $60. Here's one guy's comment justifying essentially everything:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...826910.html?highlight=vacation#post2040826910
How long it will take is unknown. And as I said, we shouldn't have to use workarounds, but the thing is that we do, and we are at least lucky enough that we have members of our community that are not only willing to research these workarounds, but share them with the community. Whether someone wants to use the workarounds is up to them, but I would hope they would at least attempt them to see how they work out rather than dismissing them and selling a game they would get enjoyment out of.

$60 games are $60 because of the rise in production costs. And having any bugs at all shouldn't be part of the equation, but it has been and it always will be.
So, it's wrong for you to pay full price for a game and expect it to work properly and not be ignored for the first month of release. Just so you know. ;)

[quote name='chriscolbert']So if some of us were to log in at midnight tonight would we be able to manually draft?[/QUOTE]

Allegedly, yes. As long as that's not broken too, haha. If you want to try it, go for it. I might pop in just to see if it's actually working, but I know I'm not going to waste too much time on it since I can say with certainty that this league will not be completed.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Allegedly, yes. As long as that's not broken too, haha. If you want to try it, go for it. I might pop in just to see if it's actually working, but I know I'm not going to waste too much time on it since I can say with certainty that this league will not be completed.[/QUOTE]

That's cool... I'm always up for a while so I'll test it out.

Here's another league issue I found:

http://www.theshowcommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10331&postcount=6
3) I started a small, 6 man online league. After 3 games played, our league is now broken it seems. All of us try to enter the league, and it gets "stuck" at the screen that says "Initializing Team Office". Once this happens, this too requires a manual shut off of the console.

Thought i could think of a "workaround", so i had a league member, my cousin, meet me in the league "Game lobby". From there i was surprised to see from that lobby i could still challenge him to a LEAGUE GAME. Once we entered the game, it was apparent that the rosters were completely different from the original rosters AND even the newest updated live rosters.

He uses the Mets and they had Mike Jacobs, and a few other players that simply are not on the team on any roster up to this point. Was this what broke our league? How did Mike Jacobs sneak onto the Mets roster when he is not on their roster yet on any other version so far?

Oh boy, and some of you will remember this one (posted on 3/13 btw):

http://www.theshowcommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10948&postcount=10
League name: Ktown's finest

Issue: Draft froze and is still frozen since Wednesday 3/10 in the 37th round out of 40. Is it possible to go in there and force auto-draft the rest please!?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, and see, this is what I based my initial "Why pay $60 when the game won't work properly for two months...at which point you can get it for $35 used" stance on. [/QUOTE]

Yeah but the risk of buying a game like this used is that someone has already used up the 'one-time only' online voucher so you wouldnt be able to take part in online franchises. Sure there are other means of getting a code, but its risky.

[quote name='Dahk']Yeah but the risk of buying a game like this used is that someone has already used up the 'one-time only' online voucher so you wouldnt be able to take part in online franchises. Sure there are other means of getting a code, but its risky.[/QUOTE]

What??? This game has no such thing. For Madden, yeah I got you. But you could still pay $5 to take part in online franchises. I wouldn't be surprised if The Show starts doing something like that in the future, but I think a better use of time would be fixing their buggy game first.

sooo pissed i got this game thinkin it would be running all smoothly....
welll HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY ALL....
Now i shall drink all night because this game has made me upset ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']What??? This game has no such thing. For Madden, yeah I got you. But you could still pay $5 to take part in online franchises. I wouldn't be surprised if The Show starts doing something like that in the future, but I think a better use of time would be fixing their buggy game first.[/QUOTE]

You're right I was thinking Madden. My mistake

Well, unless like I said, we just use it as a "Spring Training" league. Just to test the waters, see how the league functions, see how scheduling works (whether it is flex at all), etc. I just played two "Play Now" games online and both were lag free, and both of the results recorded instantly after the games were over. Whether or not this means anything, who knows.

I just know that if people put 4 hours into crafting their team exactly how they want it, and then we find out the league won't work, it will leave a very bitter taste in everyone's mouths (visions of last year dancing through my head). I think the safer play would be to not put much effort into drafting your team, just play the league games as practice, and then restart when we're sure things are solid. We'll still have a league...just a practice league. After all, what better time to do it this way than during actual Spring Training? It's not ideal...but not much with Sony's online structure is.

Russell with SCEA posted this update earlier over at OS:

Patch #2 Release and Fixes (3-18-10)
The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Russell with SCEA posted this update earlier over at OS:

Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues. [/QUOTE]

Wow, glad to hear that patch #2 is coming so soon. Of course it's not addressing any of the problems people are currently experiencing with online...but at least it takes care of a lot of other things. These are problems that were named about two weeks ago, so if they can keep up with that kind of pace and fix these online/league issues in the next two weeks, I'll be very pleased. We can easily just screw around with this league as a test for two weeks. That's no big deal at all.

For anybody curious, the draft isn't even working at all. chriscolbert, dickeybeans, and myself were in there waiting for 12:00 AM, and when it hit, the countdown switched to "Server Starting Draft", and it has been stuck that way for the past 15 minutes.

Bravo, Sony! Bravo! Even when I try to make the most of your fuck ups by coming up with an idea that isn't what we wanted to do, you fuck up even further beyond what I thought possible. This is "The Show" that I remember. For a game that was supposed to have FOCUSED on the online portion this year, this is pathetic. It's sad how ironic the series name has become...because it is really all Show, no Substance.

[quote name='m_d_amore']no timer on the countdown.[/QUOTE]

Geeze man why are you taking so long with that first pick? We are all waiting:bomb::bomb::bomb:

I posted our draft issues on both the OS "Online Bugs & Glitches" forum, and in the one on the main MLB 10 website. Obviously, Russell is the one who looks at both, but maybe different people will see it and be aware of it, or be able to confirm it happening to them. Right now, our league is completely stuck and broken. Even though the game appointed draft time has passed, we're still in the "predraft" stage, and if you look at the draft, it says "Server Starting Draft". Can't wait to hear what they have to say about it.

Thats hysterical. What a mess this turned out to be. For now, I have FF13 and Road to the Show to keep me busy though.

ok draft just finished League is official . think you guys might hate your teams. 40 man roster. 120 hours til series gets resolved? ill be around if someone wants to get a game in or 2

[quote name='m_d_amore']ok draft just finished League is official . think you guys might hate your teams. 40 man roster. 120 hours til series gets resolved? ill be around if someone wants to get a game in or 2[/QUOTE]

Wow...so it just did the draft when it damn well felt like doing it? I'm glad we all got to be so involved, haha. I still want a response from Russell or Kolbe or whoever to tell me why we couldn't have our draft at the time I set it for...or even the time IT set it for. I guess this will suffice for the "Spring Training" testing purposes, but they really need to fix this shit.

As for the 120 hours thing, I set the series length (ie. each game) at the longest amount of time possible, which was 5 days. The games will not auto-resolve though (at least I set them to not...but with this game, who knows). So, as long as I don't choose a winner (which I won't), the games shouldn't "expire" and you should be able to play them whenever.

Like I said, just use this as a testing grounds, guys. We'll do things for real the right way when Sony figures out how to tell its head from its ass.

seems like 25 man rosters really as 15 guys are (I)? or in the minors. how does the salary come into play? or it doesnt

still no Ticker either.

was weird i patched it and just wanted to see what was up , checked the league and i was on the clock

[quote name='m_d_amore']seems like 25 man rosters really as 15 guys are (I)? or in the minors. how does the salary come into play? or it doesnt

still no Ticker either.

was weird i patched it and just wanted to see what was up , checked the league and i was on the clock[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. I turned it on earlier this morning too. Installed the patch, checked the league, and it was still stuck. I did read that even Russell's test league is having their games not count though, so that's pretty embarrassing for them. Hopefully the fix comes quickly.

[quote name='m_d_amore']so did everyone give up on this?[/QUOTE]

I hope not. I still want people to at least test the league. I'm still having problems with regular online games not counting, so I don't know what Sony thinks they fixed with that. But I'd like to see first hand what problems league games have. I just haven't had a lot of time to play the past couple days.

I'll be around tonight after 5:30 PM EST if anyone who I can play wants to test a league game or two. Feel free to hit me up via PM or AIM (gendv138) if I'm not on PSN.

I can play :
N8
josh
Hq
Dahkx
Chris
ajumb
Masked
i think 1 more i forget but if you guys want to play later hit me up thanks

I'm posting this in both league threads because it's relevant for both. mdam0re and I just played a game for my fantasy team league. I thought the game itself went great. No lag to speak of (except like between play stuff, which to me looks more like framerate issues than lag). He jumped out to a 1-0 lead with a leadoff home run when I tried dropping in a curveball on an 0-2 count. But thanks to some great hitting from Mike Lowell, I came back and took a 4-1 lead into the 7th. mdam0re then hit a solo homer with Jason Kubel, and threatened again in the 9th by putting the tying runs on base. But I was able to close it out for a 4-2 win.

BUT guess what? It doesn't matter, lol. The game didn't count at all. I've read people saying that their games have registered in the schedule portion of the league, but just not in the standings. But this game didn't show up in either (and I know we were playing a league game...the rosters were set right and it said "league game" before we started). No stats were recorded at all, and the game still shows as "unplayed" in the schedule. Hell, we probably could have played it again as the option to "challenge to league game" was still there.

I'm sorry, but something like this SHOULD NOT get by testing. Did they even test leagues at all? There's essentially no purpose to playing any of the games. But it's so nice! You can set your roster, decide who you want to keep on your MLB club, and who stays in AAA. You can set your lineups and pitching rotations just like in offline franchise. So many features this year! Oh, except that the games don't count. :wall:

[quote name='hqn101']Are the devs still on vacation?[/QUOTE]

Well, based on the patch that was released a couple days ago, I'd say that was proven to be not true...or at the least they were just trying to get everyone to stop harrassing them. The last thing I read about games not counting (not sure how it pertains to league games...but just games in general) was that some of it could be fixed through the servers, and some of it might need to be patched. Personally, I haven't seen any improvement at all. I played two games tonight. One random, and the league game against mdam0re. Neither have counted for me. I should have my 100 MLB points trophy by now dammit! My hunch is they'll need another patch. When that gets released is anybody's guess.

Wow, that sucks. I refuse to play online until stats start to count again. It's so random too. A game can count immediately after playing or it can just be lost in oblivion. I'll play RTTS until this is fixed.

[quote name='m_d_amore']the games count[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hop on and play a quick game to see if this is true. They've made these claims at least 3 times now. But all I've seen happening is them going back and awarding wins manually. I'll be surprised if it's truly fixed. None of my games from the past 4 days counted when the game was completed.

[quote name='SnorE']so the league is up and running now?[/QUOTE]

It's up. Whether or not it's running is debatable, haha. Like I said, use it to test things. Try playing games if you want. Nothing is guaranteed at this point.

but the paper had results and what not. they manually put in all the stats? i think the servers are still shitty and a patch will help or something

Yeah, just finished a game online. It was a great game. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I came back from 3-0 to beat the Yankees 6-3. But it didn't count. I think this is just same old same old. Based on what the devs have been posting on OS, there's still a record of all the games played, and they have a "massive backlog" of games to update. Right now, I believe all the updates are being done manually. And the problem is, there is always going to be a backlog of games to update until they figure out what the hell the problem is.

And on the topic of "Oh WTF???", in checking out the league, since mdam0re and I have played a game, we're both eligible to sign free agents now. So, I went into the free agent section, just to peruse and see what was available. The first thing I notice: John Smoltz. The following is my thought process from that point.

"But...John Smoltz is on my team...he's my #3 starter... Oh wait, it shows a Texas logo when I pull up his player card. Cool, it must just be a list of players who were free agents on the default roster, but it won't let me sign him...wait, why does it say "sign" when I press X? That's weird. It wouldn't let me sign a player and thus remove him from the team he's on would it? Let me try with Carlos Delgado since it says he's on the Indians. Ok, sign. All right. Delgado is on my roster. Let me go check the Indians roster to see if I stole him. Wait..no, Delgado is still on the Indians roster...and...he's...on...my roster? There are two Carlos Delgado's? No freaking way! Are you kidding me???"

So, yeah. You guys will be thrilled to hear that any free agent who was drafted is duplicated in the free agents list. There are two John Smoltz's, two Jermaine Dye's, two Carlos Delgado's, etc. As we speak, I currently have a proposed trade with chriscolbert of Carlos Delgado for Carlos Delgado (really hope you'll consider it man! you're getting a steal! ;)) To paraphrase Dumb & Dumber (which I can only assume is the developers favorite movie), "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally prove me wrong!"

So, off I go again to Operation Sports, to let the devs know they completely fucked up another component of the online structure. At least I'm just at the point of laughing about these things now. I feel like I've really grown as a person, haha.

---------------

EDIT - Just for shits and giggles, I wanted to see what would happen if I signed John Smoltz to my team (since I already have one John Smoltz). So, now I have two John Smoltz on my team (thinking of making them my #3 and #4 starters, haha). BUT, what makes this even better is that after signing John Smoltz numero dos, I went back into the free agents list and John Smoltz is still listed at the top. This didn't happen with Carlos Delgado though, as he was removed from the list. So, now apparently there are 3 John Smoltz's! Somebody call Michael Keaton! This shit is bananas!

EDIT 2 - Oh shit, I think I just broke my team, lol. I decided to keep playing around with the John Smoltz thing. (I mean, who WOULDN'T want an entire rotation of just John Smoltz?) But when I tried to sign John Smoltz #3, it wouldn't place him on my team, and just left him at the top of the free agents list. I wasn't really sure what was going on, so I released the John Smoltz's I had on my team. BIG MISTAKE. Now, there are two John Smoltz's listed as free agents, but the game won't let me re-sign either one. I thought maybe it was because my 40 man roster was full (which it was), but even after releasing a couple players, I still can't sign him. I lost my John Smoltz's and it's breaking my heart. Why SCEA? WHYYYYY?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back