CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous (Monster Hunter World!) [February]

I think the dog is tied to one of the Fox's quests. Also, one of the other quests gives you a shovel weapon for the MC, and at night you can dig in that spot where the dog was digging at with it and obtain a bone weapon for Yosuke.

I keep forgetting to check this at the beginning of the month for some reason, but I've owned P4G for over a year and really need to play it before 5 comes out, so I'm jumping in late. I'm only at 4/24 but I'm really enjoying it so far.

The insane amount of content this game has is a little overwhelming for me since I tend to be a completionist, so I'm just trying to take it slow and enjoy the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the dog is tied to one of the Fox's quests. Also, one of the other quests gives you a shovel weapon for the MC, and at night you can dig in that spot where the dog was digging at with it and obtain a bone weapon for Yosuke.
Oh okay, thanks. I was worried I was missing out on something but guess I'm not even there yet.

Made it to 7/29 this weekend. Unlocked the Void Quest dungeon but its super hard getting past all the enemies that can one-shot my entire party, so escaping from battles can take a long time. I've counted about 75 unique Rise lines so far. Only 175 more to go!

Yeah thus was a big problem in Persona 3 PS2 because you couldn't directly control your party members. They fixed it in the PSP version I believe.

Finally booted up the game in almost a year of not playing it. Turns out I was at 10/25, a lot farther than I expected. I hate that I forgot most of the story and the decisions I made though, I'm almost lost at what to do next. I think I made some really good decisions though, seeing as I have like 4 links maxed, and the others are high. Margaret is at 5 and Fox is at 8, I remember those are a pain so at least I'm far ahead. Also have most of the books read, and a ton of money and high level equipment. I'm also level 58 with a 62 Persona. It's almost like I'm playing someone else's save...

I guess I'll just continue running through the game and pick up where I left off. It's funny because I got the bad ending in the original P4 and gave up, so this game has always been a bane in my backlog.

As for next month's backlog game, you guys can decide what we do. Either stick with Persona 4, since I see a lot of people starting late (myself included) and taking a while with this game, or we can pick something else and put P4 on the backburner.

Also, have to bless you all with some beautiful Rise cosplay:

tumblr_nxf1gkGZOC1sq7z4yo3_1280.jpg

C'est Magnifique!

I hate how much that damn fox charges to heal and doesn't even heal hp. Also any tips for the Kanji fight?
It's been a while so I've forgotten that fight, but for me I am playing on the normal difficulty and tend to over level so I didn't have too much of a hard time running through the bosses. I don't know if you unlocked the garden yet, but there are some great items like the barrier corn that helps you block a weakness. Other items can be picked up from the dungeons as well, so don't be afraid to use them and think to conserve them for the final boss or something, since you get quite a few of those.

This is the first boss right with all 4 members and no swap-outs I think, so the plan is to have your character that's weak to thunder (Chie I think) defend as much as possible. You probably already know this, but defend right before the boss does a charged-special move (Teddie'll give a cue I think). You might lose some damage potential from blocking, but it helps a ton. And just have Yukiko focus on heals.

Another thing is that Kanji's weakness is wind (I think). It might help to switch to a wind type persona yourself, and not only have Yosuke, although the bosses put up barriers as well. Also use buffs, they actually help a ton even if you lose one turn of doing damage. And you might want to switch up your accessories to a ring that mitigates or lessens thunder damage. That's all I got for now, good luck!

P.S. I never use that damn greedy fox, it's like he works on Wall Street or something. The prices are absurd, and once you get the garden, you get your own MP healing items. So screw the fox, who cares what it says.

The fox is best used late in the game when you've maxed out his Social Link and you've got money to burn and are just grinding.

Wind (Garu) attacks for the Kanji boss. Do what BRW says and you'll be fine.

The ending you get in this game is mostly tied to your responses on December 3rd, and to get to the new Golden epilogue and dungeon, you have to max out the Aeon SL. I cannot stress how important it is to save your game before December 3rd. I always make a separate save on Nov 27, because after this is a week of school exams and you don't get any free time for that week leading up to Dec 3rd.

Thanks for the advice, it took me a few tries but I beat him. I'll need to buy better gear and level up for the next boss.

Also what is this garden you speak of? I'm guessing it's the empty plot next to the house but I've yet to figure out how to use it.

I still can't beat the extra shadow boss in the first dungeon. I just completed the second, followed but it's special shadow boss.

The first one, just does the one kit ko, even with buffs and debuffs, guess I'll try again later, but I guess at the point the reward will be useless to me =-/

I think the Garden you get mid game, and yes it is the patch next to your uncle's house. Basically it wasn't in the original P4, and it lets you plant seeds and harvest them for useful items to use in combat. You can also develop your relationships with Nanako and Dojima when harvesting, so it made me max out their S.L.s very fast. Definitely one of the coolest improvements made to the game.

Thanks for the post game advice, I made a lot of saves seeing how my original save in P3 crapped out after putting like 53 hours in and I had to start all over. So I always make multiples nowadays in any long JRPG, and upload them to the cloud. 

Very close to maxing Marie as well, my favorite character in the game but damn she is the tsundest of tsunderes. She also seems to be available randomly. Also, I will probably not get to the extra dungeons but just hearing about them makes me shudder.

Also here, one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life. Well, if you like Digimon and Persona 4 that is, it's a super sick fan art. Actually, I think the two have tons of similarities as well, especially with Digimon Tri out.

tumblr_m6ykseXn4o1rpf3ylo1_500.png

I know the whole, Persona is inspired by JoJo's and Jungian psychology, but I feel like it has it's anime roots here as well.

P.S. This was inspired by the cover of the Persona 4 artbook which is sick as well.

61EX89WEvML._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I still can't beat the extra shadow boss in the first dungeon. I just completed the second, followed but it's special shadow boss.

The first one, just does the one kit ko, even with buffs and debuffs, guess I'll try again later, but I guess at the point the reward will be useless to me =-/
I also gave up on that boss. Not sure how to survive the KO other than leveling up.

I found Yosuke's weapon, does Chie and Yu have one that I missed?

The final boss of the Void Quest literally took me a bit over 2 hours to defeat with my MC at level 14. He would cast Gigadyne, wipe my party, they would all be resurrected, then he would cast it over and over and over again about 20 times in a row before finally giving me a chance to do a little bit of piddly damage, then he would start it all over again. So frustrating....

But I've now made it to 9/18. Unlocked the Secret Lab at last and continuing my grind for Rise's lines. I'm trying to get most of the status ailment lines for Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko before moving on.

I'm fine with continuing P4G into next month, or we could go ahead and vote for another game, its all good to me.

I'll most likely still be playing P4G next month even if we switch games. Although at my pace I doubt I'll beat it next month either.

I'll most likely still be playing P4G next month even if we switch games. Although at my pace I doubt I'll beat it next month either.
Yep thats what I came to ask, we voting again to extending a month? I'm at the boss of the third dungeon right now, not sure how to pull of beating this bad boy in the allotted time lol!

Anyone know much about the game "River City: Tokyo Rumble"? It comes out tomorrow and I love games with a theme surrounding life in Japan, but wanted to hear what others think about the game before buying :)

I'm going to go ahead and assume we are extending Persona 4. Might I make a suggestion? If you are finished or do finish early, check out Persona 4 Dancing all night :)

To be honest, once I remembered what the rise voice line trophy entailed I lost all will to come back to this game for the platinum. I just don't remember which ones I heard at this point.

Sorry, haven't been keeping up with Persona 4 or this thread lately. So yes, continue with this for another month. I even forgot to update the title of the thread.

Sorry, haven't been keeping up with Persona 4 or this thread lately. So yes, continue with this for another month. I even forgot to update the title of the thread.
Naughty!

Yes please stick with us, this thread is the only reason I got rorona, valkyria, and hopefully soon persona 4, out of my backlog. Keep it up :)

To be honest, once I remembered what the rise voice line trophy entailed I lost all will to come back to this game for the platinum. I just don't remember which ones I heard at this point.
I've been writing down lines as I hear them so far. I'm up to over 150 lines, and I haven't even started on lines for Kanji/Teddy/Naoto yet, so that should nab me another 60+ lines. I took last weekend off from P4G, but I'll get back to grinding lines this weekend.

This will be my first Vita platinum trophy if I can get everything.

Still haven't gotten the platinum trophy, but I'm good with moving on to vote for a new game for next month. Not sure where everyone else is at that is still playing P4G, but I'm kinda burned out on it for now. 

Anyway, my suggestions for next month's game includes:

Akiba's Trip

Tales of Hearts R

Trails of Cold Steel (1 or 2 or both)

I completed the story for persona 4, it's such a great game, it's just so long. I'd love to go back for the platinum. Another year! Let's vote! everyone put your three suggestions please so we can expedite this :)

Trails of cold steel 1
Ni no kuni
nights of azure

We need you BRW!

I'll most likely sit this month out. Still (slowly) trying to beat P4G and don't want to start another game.

I've read a lot that the Rise trophy is a pain, but it was one I got naturally playing through the game. I guess it helped that I evenly took all the characters into the dungeons.

Last week I was listening to the soundtrack, and it gave me the urge to play through the game again. Then I decided not to because of the time it would require.

It's a great soundtrack. Hearing the music in Persona 4 Arena was a big reason I decided to get a Playstation TV to play Persona 4 Golden. And now I have more interest in getting Dancing All Night. I was hoping for a PS4 release, but I won't mind playing it on the PS TV.

Sorry guys, have been caught up by other stuff lately but I'm back now. Thanks to Sirpikaz and Krymner for getting the suggestions rolling. (If you guys have PS4s I'd love to make you guys mods in the Niche community since I haven't been active on that front either.) Lets see how many suggestions we get this time around, and I'll probably start the poll on Friday night or so.

As always, the new rule is that the previous month's game is active as well, meaning P4G will run side by side with this month's game. Actually, I think since the traffic has been low lately, I should apply that to all older games, even go as far back as Rorona, as I still haven't finished Steins Gate yet.

I've completely given up on P4G now that Mafia 3 is out, maybe I'll try to sneak in some time soon. 

I'm going to take a different approach with my backlog suggestions this week, since I was going to skip this month anyway for P4G. I'll list games I either beat before and just want to revisit shortly, or new games I really wanted to try out. So for me it's Akiba's Trip, SuperDimension Neptunia and Sega, and Project Diva X.

Suggestions for November:

November

Akiba's Trip

Tales of Heart R

Trails of Cold Steel 1

Ni No Kuni

Nights of Azure

Neptunia Sega

Project Diva X

Get your 3 suggestions in!

What's the point in making people mods in the ps4 Japanese niche community if no one ever posts anything there? :p
Suggestions:
Catherine
Yakuza 5
Tokyo mirage sessions #FE

Suggestions updated, pretty healthy looking poll right now, will probably proceed with voting on Friday.

November

Akiba's Trip

Tales of Heart R

Trails of Cold Steel 1

Ni No Kuni

Nights of Azure

Super Neptunia Sega

Project Diva X

Corpse Party

Catherine

Yakuza 5

Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Trails of Cold Steel 2

Atelier Rorona

Draco voting for Rorona gave me an idea. I was thinking that we have come a long way since our first game, and that if this thing grows, a lot of new people would be coming in who haven't played previous games. So voting for previous games is allowed too if anyone wants to.

As for the PS4 Niche community, sadly there isn't a lot of traffic there. I have other communities that have like 10+ posts every day, so I really want to push for the Niche one to be revived again. Mainly I want to integrate the backlog group there for any time we play PS4 games. A lot of JRPGs for PS4 will be out soon, FF15, P5, GR2, so I really want to get it running again. I see a lot of activity on the Niche thread, and a lot of people there own PS4s, so I think its just a matter of preference and people rather post on a computer. 

Made the PS4 community free to join without having to ask (don't know why I didn't set it like this before) and made most of the regulars mods. Hopefully that will spark up some more activity.

And put your suggestions in!

Made the PS4 community free to join without having to ask (don't know why I didn't set it like this before) and made most of the regulars mods. Hopefully that will spark up some more activity.
Damn, I don't feel special anymore. Now everybody can change the community wallpaper. It was mostly made as invite-only initially to prevent non-CAG joining early on in the new community group feature. Whether that's a good thing or not doesn't really matter anymore. I don't think it will particularly spark activity though. I don't even think people will realize they've become a moderator unless they read this because it doesn't tell you.

My weekly posts generated a a couple extra posts on occasion, but once I stopped it pretty much completely died. The best way is to organize PS4 multiplayer games or encourage people to post screenshots. Outside of that, we use the usual thread for more general talk. You can't exactly type out much in the community group like a forum or even as easily as you can on a forum. Most active communities I would guess are that way because that's the only place for them to talk about community specific things.

Next weeks backlog poll is up. We have 6 to choose from this time, a record high. Maybe this will spark a little more activity.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/358989-backloggers-anonymous/

Haven't decided when voting will end yet. Probably when one game gets a big lead.

Damn, I don't feel special anymore. Now everybody can change the community wallpaper. It was mostly made as invite-only initially to prevent non-CAG joining early on in the new community group feature. Whether that's a good thing or not doesn't really matter anymore. I don't think it will particularly spark activity though. I don't even think people will realize they've become a moderator unless they read this because it doesn't tell you.

My weekly posts generated a a couple extra posts on occasion, but once I stopped it pretty much completely died. The best way is to organize PS4 multiplayer games or encourage people to post screenshots. Outside of that, we use the usual thread for more general talk. You can't exactly type out much in the community group like a forum or even as easily as you can on a forum. Most active communities I would guess are that way because that's the only place for them to talk about community specific things.
Yeah, I guess it's probably better this way, the CAGs on PSN group is free to join as well. I have to apologize and thank you too, you did a lot of work for that community, and I hope it was useful to some at least. And you are right, other communities mainly post screenshots, like the SFV community would post rage quitters or crazy wins and stuff.

I feel like with the ease of posting screen shots and sharing stuff, and organizing parties and events, it could be great once a big PS4 niche game comes out. I can see it helpful for when the FF15 multiplayer coop DLC hits, or if people want to share Persona 5 screenshots and stuff.

Well poo... The only game I have on the poll is ni no kuni and I just don't have the time to tackle a huge game like that. Guess I'm sitting another month out :p

Well poo... The only game I have on the poll is ni no kuni and I just don't have the time to tackle a huge game like that. Guess I'm sitting another month out :p
Surprised that you don't have more from that list, most of those games are pretty cheap, or had CEs people really wanted. Actually, now that I look at it, I only have Akiba's Trip and Superdimension Neptunia... I really recommend Akiba's Trip though, very short and easy game. A nice one to get out of the backlog and an easy platinum too. Or I guess a nice one to put into the backlog and immediately out.

Surprised that you don't have more from that list, most of those games are pretty cheap, or had CEs people really wanted. Actually, now that I look at it, I only have Akiba's Trip and Superdimension Neptunia... I really recommend Akiba's Trip though, very short and easy game. A nice one to get out of the backlog and an easy platinum too. Or I guess a nice one to put into the backlog and immediately out.
I've almost bought akiba's trip multiple times. I'm waiting for under $10 on ps4. Don't really know much more about the other games though I don't have though.

Well, its a tie once again... I voted for Super Dimension btw... Strange too, considering Trails of Cold Steel 1 had the most suggestion tallies. Anyway, I was looking at the votes and there are 9 while there were only like 5 people with suggestions. Which made me wonder, does anyone participate in the backlog games but never posted here before? 

I checked out this thread for the first time last week. Persona 4 Golden caught my eye.

I plan on participating the next time a game I have is picked.

bread's done
Back