Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='mike.m']There needs to be some kind of feedback system set up by game producers to deal with cheaters. Sure, I'm sure it'd be abused like anything else, but its pretty ridiculous than people can glitch on a map and go 43-0 and then have the nerve to talk shit after winning.[/quote]

Just go onto their gamercard and select file complaint (not submit feedback) and select the cheating option. At least XBox has that option (looking at PS3 ...)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I saw your stats. You sure love this game huh? :)

I''ve only completed the first chapter or two in the single player but it is very intense and gritty. I like good single player FPS experiences and I think I am going to like this one.

I just got it this weekend and despite my initial reserve about the return to WWII, I have been very pleased with the game so far. The only thing I haven't like so far was the cumbersome way to access webstats with the VIP code. However, the online stats are a welcome addition and one of the only things I really missed in CoD4. I wish the artillery strikes got started a wee bit faster too. The tank is awesome and so are the attack dogs. It's more of the same with the CoD4 engine pushing this game, but I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm only going to be a work for a little bit today so I will be on later if you want to get some games going.[/quote]

I am a Call of Duty whore. :oops:

Guile, please feel free to join us. We could use your Sonic Booms. ;)

What I find neat is tracking artillery strikes in the sky. Of course, I often stop, look up, locate the strike, and say, "Oh crap, it's right on us!"

Then I die.

Fun times. :bouncy:

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just go onto their gamercard and select file complaint (not submit feedback) and select the cheating option. At least XBox has that option (looking at PS3 ...)[/quote]

I'm almost certain they don't do anything about it. COD4 they couldn't do anything because they actually had to catch them doing it. I still report them and avoid them, though I'm not even sure that works. I'm sure I've still ended up in games with people that I've avoided.

[quote name='Chase']I am a Call of Duty whore. :oops:

Guile, please feel free to join us. We could use your Sonic Booms. ;)

What I find neat is tracking artillery strikes in the sky. Of course, I often stop, look up, locate the strike, and say, "Oh crap, it's right on us!"

Then I die.

Fun times. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

He noob toobs with the finest.

[quote name='mike.m']I'm almost certain they don't do anything about it. COD4 they couldn't do anything because they actually had to catch them doing it. I still report them and avoid them, though I'm not even sure that works. I'm sure I've still ended up in games with people that I've avoided.[/QUOTE]

They rarely do anything about it and I know for a fact that the avoid doesn't work correctly, I avoid anyone using glitches or rapidfire controllers as well as the host when they quit early (hitting the back button as soon as the room opens usually can tell you by there being 1 person with 4 bars of connection). I have been put in rooms with these people a number of times after avoiding them, so it isn't perfect at least. Complaints usually don't work well either, the first 2 I said I avoid I also file a complaint for cheating against and I can tell the difference between a rapidfire controller and a really quick trigger finger, so I don't abuse that.

I have a question about split-screen co-op..

Is there a setting I can change to have the split-screens take up the whole top/bottom half of the TV? Currently, on my TV, the 2 screens are off-centered and do not take up the whole top/bottom half of the screens, and it makes it a lot harder to play because things are a bit smaller. I thought it was just how it was until I took the game over to my cousins house, and it did take up the full bottom/top halves of the screen. :whistle2:# Maybe that only happens on Nazi Zombies though..

Beat it today. The last few missions made me so frustrated, magnet bullets are so frustrating.

I initially lost the gamestop receipt, found it an hour ago, and now just lost them again. The video game gods don't want me to return this :(

EDIT: wow just found them :/.

Just finished it today, I liked the ending. I tried to play Nazi Zombies and found that most of the time, I get paired up with random douchebags that don't STFU or bitch about stealing kills and standing in front of me. Just had a game where I walked out with 452 kills and 24 revives, with 3 of us having Ray Guns.

If you want to play Nazi Zombies, send me a FR.

[quote name='SeanAmI']He noob toobs with the finest.[/quote]

I am indeed a ROFL grenade pro. ;)

Though, once I fire both shots, I am also deadly with what ever gun I find on the ground, or my pistol. :cool:

[quote name='menikmati']Just finished it today, I liked the ending.[/quote]

I enjoyed the ending, but getting there was a bit painful. Endless spawning baddies really soured my opinion on World at War's campaign.

I agree that the endless respawns were a bit of a dealbreaker. It really ruined the mood when I was trying to play the game like one would think it should be played (moving up slowly from cover spot to cover spot taking out enemies as I go) but consistently got killed so many times. The only way I cleared some spots were to just straight up sprint through the fire fight not shooting a single bullet and just hope to trigger the next checkpoint.

I think between Fallout 3 for single player and WaW for multiplayer I've got a pretty decent setup right now though.

I too had to sprint to reach checkpoints, as I found it pointless to take out every baddie only to be soon greeted with another band of bastard brothers. :bomb:

And, god help me, I'm back to Fallout 3 (I blame Joe and his 100-percent-ness).

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yeah, I would do that too cause anytime I would sit there and pick them off they'd just respawn nonstop. So infuriating.[/quote]I had to take that approach in the very last outdoor level. That was so damn infuriating how little your AI team members failed to help much.

I found a guy hiding "IN" a rock tonight. It was on Makin near the statues from the campaign, he had somehow gotten inside the rock and only the barrel of the gun was viewable. He was shielded from my guns and grenades but artillery took him out.

[quote name='tick221']I found a guy hiding "IN" a rock tonight. It was on Makin near the statues from the campaign, he had somehow gotten inside the rock and only the barrel of the gun was viewable. He was shielded from my guns and grenades but artillery took him out.[/quote]

Its a glitch. One of the many on various levels.

this game is awesome, but all i have to say is hardcore free for all is for no skill campers. I own in both hardcore and regular free for all non the less.

I definitely am loving this game a lot more than I expected. I'm about halfway through on veteran difficulty, but the multiplayer is sucking me in. The only real problem I'm having is on team deatchmatch I keep getting placed on some god awful teams. I'll finish a match with a score of like 18-9 while everyone else on my team is at around 1-12.

That's a little frustrating, but playing with other CAGs definitely remedies that.

[quote name='tick221']I found a guy hiding "IN" a rock tonight. It was on Makin near the statues from the campaign, he had somehow gotten inside the rock and only the barrel of the gun was viewable. He was shielded from my guns and grenades but artillery took him out.[/QUOTE]
So that one about a week ago but since they are off the beaten path we stayed away. I also someone off the map on Castle. (NOT under or the roof but off the map. Look up into the hills from the red fence you jump on to get onto the roof by the right flag spawn and they were up there. Luckily they took a SMG and were easily seen but a sniper could do some damage.

[quote name='Chase']
I enjoyed the ending, but getting there was a bit painful. Endless spawning baddies really soured my opinion on World at War's campaign.[/quote]

That was the one thing I was hoping they would change from COD 4. I think it was a pretty common complaint so I was surprised (and bummed) to see they didn't fix it.

Can you play that zombie mode multiplayer not on live?
i have the game, and i'm gonna bring it back to college with me, but i only have one controller at home, so i can't try.

DC, Double Tap is useless with bolt-action rifles. :angryface:

I used Stopping Power as the control, and the only difference in equipping Double Tap is that the gun reloads a little faster.

*kicks DC*

[quote name='Chase']DC, Double Tap is useless with bolt-action rifles. :angryface:

I used Stopping Power as the control, and the only difference in equipping Double Tap is that the gun reloads a little faster.

*kicks DC*[/quote]

I have enjoyed using Double Tap with the Karnak lately. I seem to be able to get a lot more shots off in the core modes. You still think Stopping Power should be used instead?

So which CAG's are going to join me in not prestiging and just staying LVL 65 (when I get there?) Seems like we have just over a dozen CAG's who have gotten that far and all have went ahead and prestiged, a couple multiple times (looking at Khondor and Heart.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']I have enjoyed using Double Tap with the Karnak lately. I seem to be able to get a lot more shots off in the core modes. You still think Stopping Power should be used instead?[/quote]

Wait, am I missing something here, or does Double Tap do something I can neither see nor hear when equipped to a bolt-action rifle? :shock:

[quote name='MSUHitman']So which CAG's are going to join me in not prestiging and just staying LVL 65 (when I get there?) Seems like we have just over a dozen CAG's who have gotten that far and all have went ahead and prestiged, a couple multiple times (looking at Khondor and Heart.)[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm going to be sitting on #2 for a good long while to come considering I hardly play anymore thanks for Fallout. I honestly don't know how many times I'm going to end up doing it in this game. Right now I have no desire to make it all the way to 10.

I'm going to catch Khondor even if it kills m-- Err, Osiris.

And I made a decision last night/early this morning that I will always prestige when given the chance (hence my one-up of Heart last week).

[quote name='smalien1']Can you play that zombie mode multiplayer not on live?
i have the game, and i'm gonna bring it back to college with me, but i only have one controller at home, so i can't try.[/quote]

Yup

I just picked it up Saturday it is AWESOME!

Co-op modes is the regular campaign modes (with and w/out scoring) also you have the Nazi zombie mode when you beat the game that is unlocked that is co-op as well.

hey kids. i finally opened my copy and while i was never awesome at cod4 im certainly far worse at this.
im putting a lot of rounds center mast seeign the X's come up and guys dont go down.

the maps ive played so far are pretty darned good though. refreshing.

for those of you in the ragtag group and the guys i used to play cod4 with feel free to send me invites to this as ill likely join.

So over Christmas I logged my xbox live account in on my friends xbox and when I got home I recovered the account to my xbox and now it thinks I have not beat the game. I still have all the achievements, but I cannot choose a single player level past Semper Fi nor play Nazi Zombies. It's really annoying considering I did not really enjoy the first play through and I would very much like to play Nazi Zombies.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']So over Christmas I logged my xbox live account in on my friends xbox and when I got home I recovered the account to my xbox and now it thinks I have not beat the game. I still have all the achievements, but I cannot choose a single player level past Semper Fi nor play Nazi Zombies. It's really annoying considering I did not really enjoy the first play through and I would very much like to play Nazi Zombies.[/quote]

Did you use move your gamertag to an MU then insert it into your friend's console or did you just recover your gamertag on your friends' console? If you did the later you really need to get a MU to do stuff like that as things always screw up when you recover your gamertag on multiple systems.

If you do it too frequently, you can also be seen as cheating and get banned, as that is a major way of achievement boosting. I haven't heard of any bans for that recently, but back in late 06 and 2007 there were a rash of bannings, plus Live bogged down tremendously in Christmas 06 and Major Nelson's podcast every week had a message to use MU's if you were going to a friend's house instead of doing the recover gamertag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you change split-screen co-op? I hate how they made the screen extra small. I understand why, but come on, the screens are little cubes now.

[quote name='mvp828']Paz9x, you should try out Hardcore. Just like in COD4, it is much more efficient for killing peope right away.[/QUOTE]

its not availible to me yet. ive only played a few games.
i need to put some time in, im hoping to do so with some cags.

Got this game around Christmas time and I have really gotten into it. Sending a FR to the CAG CoD WatW tag. Hope to see some of you guys online.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Can you change split-screen co-op? I hate how they made the screen extra small. I understand why, but come on, the screens are little cubes now.[/quote]

I think its great. The screens are offset so that you don't get confused looking at the other persons screen.

This is next my on backlog, so i decided to start off on veteran off the bat. Im only on level 3 so far but you die so insanely fast at times, its ridiculous. However, i can tell the single player wont be anywhere near as epic as COD4's was, and i mainly just want the achievement points and nazi zombie mode.

[quote name='xcoax']Right now I have no desire to make it all the way to 10.[/quote]

I swear I thought I remember you saying that about COD4. ;)

MSU, I was originally planning on only prestiging twice but we'll see how I feel when I get there. I really prefer some of the higher rank guns and can pretty much only stand to use the BAR and the Springfield at this point since I'm only at level 24 right now on my 1st prestige.

I believe that I am done with the prestige thing, at least for a while.
I like the 5th symbol much better than anything that comes after it, plus this will give Chase a chance to Catch/Pass me.
although I will miss being able to lap Flesh once again

[quote name='MSUHitman']Did you use move your gamertag to an MU then insert it into your friend's console or did you just recover your gamertag on your friends' console? If you did the later you really need to get a MU to do stuff like that as things always screw up when you recover your gamertag on multiple systems.[/quote]

I just did the recovery, I don't do it frequently enough to warrant buying a MU. I was going to beat the game on veteran someday so I guess I will have to wait until then to play nazi zombies.

[quote name='woodcan']I swear I thought I remember you saying that about COD4. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I don't know Flesh, after last night's session the magic just wasn't there... I mean, I had fun, but I wasn't all like "oh man, I need to play this game for the next 16 hours straight I'm having such a good time!"

[quote name='MSUHitman']Did you use move your gamertag to an MU then insert it into your friend's console or did you just recover your gamertag on your friends' console? If you did the later you really need to get a MU to do stuff like that as things always screw up when you recover your gamertag on multiple systems.

If you do it too frequently, you can also be seen as cheating and get banned, as that is a major way of achievement boosting. I haven't heard of any bans for that recently, but back in late 06 and 2007 there were a rash of bannings, plus Live bogged down tremendously in Christmas 06 and Major Nelson's podcast every week had a message to use MU's if you were going to a friend's house instead of doing the recover gamertag.[/quote]

MSU, do you know the proper way to transfer a profile to a MU and not screw your saves? I lost my GoW1 game save progress doing this last year but my RockBand save was just fine even though "it" warned me about it and the GoW save did not. I transfered both saves to my MU along with my profile and one got wiped but the other not. My other saves I did not transfer had no problem so it sounds like certain developers try to prevent gamesaving to boost gamerscore this way but screws the non-cheater like myself. Here I was planning to move my profile to my MU (if I can find it) for once I get my repaired 360 back but I fear losing my GoW2 and COD:WaW game saves.

[quote name='xcoax']I don't know Flesh, after last night's session the magic just wasn't there... I mean, I had fun, but I wasn't all like "oh man, I need to play this game for the next 16 hours straight I'm having such a good time!"[/quote]

Yeah, I agree that just like in COD4 I really don't enjoy the game nearly as much unless I'm playing Hardcore TDM. The only time I ever play anything but hardcore is when the regulars are already playing and I join the match. It also saddens me that they left out Mercenary TDM from this release and would have been nice if they made a Hardcore Mercenary TDM.

Who knows fleshy, we may get it at some point. If I remember correctly, Merc TDM didn't come into COD4 until February or something.

bread's done
Back