Dragon Quest VIII demo + keychain for free inside

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this on Gaming-Age, any west coast CAGs want to hook some of us east coast people up?

Edit:

http://www.dragonquest8.com/register.php

Guides:

Regular Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Official Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Signature Series guide includes an exclusive poster, bonus content and more!

Limited Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Limited Edition guide includes an exclusive artbook, poster, bonus content and more!

[quote name='smalien1']Should I play mine or save it?[/QUOTE]
Play it. You can nab more copies at Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, EB Games, etc.

[quote name='Technique']I just got my demo today. Havn't opened it yet. Is this game any good? I've never played a Dragon Warrior game before.[/QUOTE]
I love it, but as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a huge DW fan. It's certainly not for everyone - especially those who dislike tedious level-building. This, however, seems like the most accessible DW game to date.

[quote name='Technique']I just got my demo today. Havn't opened it yet. Is this game any good? I've never played a Dragon Warrior game before.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good...

I must of put 10+ hours on the demo alone... just leveling up & such...

only things that sucks is there is no save points...

I played it some the other night when I got it & really enjoyed it, but didn't finish the demo (it was late & I was exhausted). A friend came over yesterday & I fired it up & let him play. Watched him get close to the end, when he handed it over to me & I finished it off. I'm very impressed, it's a lot of fun.

Just wondering, but for those who didn't get a keychain, did you send the free demo offer to a friend's email (or, just send to your own secondary account)? It said something about doing that to get a keychain right?

[quote name='Final Starman']Just wondering, but for those who didn't get a keychain, did you send the free demo offer to a friend's email (or, just send to your own secondary account)? It said something about doing that to get a keychain right?[/QUOTE]

I sent it to my girlfriend's email and she sent one on to her brother, but neither of us have gotten keychains as of today...

I sent the email to a friend, who in turn sent one to his friend...I THOUGHT I signed up relatively early...so I can only hope they send the keychain seperate. big thanks to the op though

[quote name='mcelfour']has anyone recieved the keychain?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like anyone here has gotten a keychain yet...

[quote name='rabbitt']It doesn't look like anyone here has gotten a keychain yet...[/QUOTE]

If anyone's recieved the keychain, please post!

2 demos came in today, but no keychain. Was a brown envelope in the mail too so i got excited, but it was just a cd.

I got the demo, no keychain, demo came by itself, no brown envelope with an address label on it.

Maybe they send the keychains separatly.

Bastards, I want my keychain! That's the only reason I signed up for this, I didn't care about the demo. I hate having to play a demo, then replay the same parts on the game itself.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I hate having to play a demo, then replay the same parts on the game itself.[/QUOTE]
yea, too bad they didn't implement a save option on the demo like they did with the Front Mission 4 demo (IIRC). unless they did. i don't know, i haven't played the demo yet.

Played the demo for a while yesterday.

Seems pretty awesome.

I see people complaining about the battle system, YES, it's no Star Ocean, Tales, etc. But there is a place for a good strategic turn-based battle system and there's a place for an actiony hack 'em up battle system. And of course battles are boring, you are level 1, at very near the beginning of the game for god's sake, battles are always boring at low levels.

If you don't like turn-based combat RPGs don't waste your time on it.

I got mine today as well. No keychain. But I never expected even the demo. I never get anything free... I never got a single thing earlier this year from the Suikoden online game thingy. :cry:

[quote name='MorPhiend']I got mine today as well. No keychain. But I never expected even the demo. I never get anything free... I never got a single thing earlier this year from the Suikoden online game thingy. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.

Is it me or this demo kinda hard? You actually need to level to beat the boss so I didn't bother.
On the bright side, I really like how colorful the game is.

[quote name='kirkblitz'][quote name='MorPhiend']I got mine today as well. No keychain. But I never expected even the demo. I never get anything free... I never got a single thing earlier this year from the Suikoden online game thingy. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I got 2 demos today... they both arrived seperatly in their individual cardboard sleeves with my address on them.

No keychain though... and I did this for the keychain, didn't really care about the demo.:whistle2:x

Demo discs and slime figurines will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis, and while supplies last. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Slime figurines are packaged and shipped randomly. They come two to a box if they are small, one to a box if they are large. Shipments can only be made to U.S. and Canadian addresses.

Reading that over, it may be that they're out of the figurines... or maybe only a certain people will get keychains (like 1 in every 10 people). I dunno...

[quote name='Viperx116']Is it me or this demo kinda hard? You actually need to level to beat the boss so I didn't bother.
On the bright side, I really like how colorful the game is.[/QUOTE]

Actually one of the things I liked about it. The game doesn't just hand you a win - you have to use strategy in the fights, even the random ones, just to stay alive. And it does require leveling up. Plus, it seemed that the enemies actually got harder along with you, to some extent.

[quote name='argyle']Actually one of the things I liked about it. The game doesn't just hand you a win - you have to use strategy in the fights, even the random ones, just to stay alive. And it does require leveling up. Plus, it seemed that the enemies actually got harder along with you, to some extent.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Dragon Quest/Warrior always has decent difficulty. I'll take that over the cakewalk that was FFX (I died twice in the whole game, and I don't like leveling up)

Got mine yesterday. Hopefully my PS2 will come soon so I can try the demo :)

I am looking forward to this...I haven't played Dragon Warrior/Quest since DW2 on the NES.

bread's done
Back