Dragon Quest VIII demo + keychain for free inside

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this on Gaming-Age, any west coast CAGs want to hook some of us east coast people up?

Edit:

http://www.dragonquest8.com/register.php

Guides:

Regular Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Official Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Signature Series guide includes an exclusive poster, bonus content and more!

Limited Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Limited Edition guide includes an exclusive artbook, poster, bonus content and more!

[quote name='the3rdkey']My brother and I got the discs but no keychain!

This game looks like Dragonballs Z...

I hate Dragonballz.[/QUOTE]

It's made by the same guy.

Okay, we get it, the demo and keychain aren't shipped together. The keychains are supposed to come in boxes and the demo comes in a shrink wrapped sleeve. Your slime, if you get one at all, will come later.

[quote name='BIG5']Okay, we get it, the demo and keychain aren't shipped together. The keychains are supposed to come in boxes and the demo comes in a shrink wrapped sleeve. Your slime, if you get one at all, will come later.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree, Im glad everyone got their demo discs that ordered them but the "no keychain" posts are starting to get out of hand.

Yea because everyone wanted the key-chains. Well thats the only reason why I got the demo is to get a keychain but I got no key chain from those losers. Imma e-mail them and ask why.

I just got the demo yesterday... no keychain, as everyone else has said.

Man, this has to be the 7th or so demo I've gotten free in the last 3 months alone.

[quote name='Zon27']It's made by the same guy.[/QUOTE]

Character Design is by the DBZ guy and basically always has been.

I hate DBZ too, it's OK.

As long as the writers from DBZ aren't writing the script! :D

I consider it the dregs of anime that unfortunately make people think all anime is low-grade over the top explosionfests like DBZ.

DBZ is much better in the original Japanese what i've seen of it and it's Akira Toriyama who does the artwork/charector design for Dragon Quest and DB, DBZ.

Figures that my wife got the mail a few days ago with the demo and did not tell me about it. :roll: Just happened to notice it under a few bills last night.

Got the game with no keychain. The game is okay. Iam a huge RPG fan. The battle system felt old. The monsters were annoying and the game was too colorful. I like the aged/dirty gothic looking kinda RPGs. Iam also not a fan of DDZ so having all the characters in this game look like people from DDZ didn't help.

I was on another board and a couple of people reported that their controllers stopped working properly after playing this demo. Has anyone had any problems here? It's probably just a coincidence, but I'm reminded of the demo from last year that erased people's memory cards, so I wondered.

just played the demo for 30 minsm (sucks there is no save mode) i got to give the demo a 10 i mean i loved the demo.... If i could find this game for say around 39.99 when it comes out i will buy it (and dump of the FF demo on ebay to get more knocked off this game)

it reminds me of the old dragon warrior games level building.... i also hope its easy to find the maps in the caves in the real game.....

if Best buy has this for 40 bucks the first week it comes out i be all over it

[quote name='Action Jacktion']I was on another board and a couple of people reported that their controllers stopped working properly after playing this demo. Has anyone had any problems here? It's probably just a coincidence, but I'm reminded of the demo from last year that erased people's memory cards, so I wondered.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear that?

I got the demo today. I played through the story mode and was disapointed. It felt exactly like every other Dragon Warrior/Quest game I have. While I like DW 1-3 and 7, it just felt stale.
The only thing I liked was the graphics.
If I pick this game up, it wont be for more then $10.

[quote name='Action Jacktion']
I was on another board and a couple of people reported that their controllers stopped working properly after playing this demo. Has anyone had any problems here? It's probably just a coincidence, but I'm reminded of the demo from last year that erased people's memory cards, so I wondered.

[quote name='whitereflection']Where'd you hear that?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I'm thinkin' Gamefaqs?

[quote name='coolieman2001'] Iam also not a fan of DBZ so having all the characters in this game look like people from DBZ didn't help.[/QUOTE]

...Make sure you dont play Chrono Trigger then.

Got mine in the mail, no keychain as well. Shame, too, since I thought I got in on this very shortly after the promotion went up.

Oddly enough, some of my friends started getting 5 to 10 copies of the demo in the mail even though they signed up once. No keychains for them either, though. Maybe they just didn't have enough to begin with.

No chain for me either but me and my friend got the demos and ...I dunno...I havent been into a good RPG for awhile....FFX kinda sucked and X2 looks godawful.

Are you kidding? The demo was terrible. I think the worst thing they could've done for sales was let people play this game before they bought it. The battle system is so amazingly bland and repetetive, and the encounter rate is ridiculously high with the payoff being amazingly low. fuck this game, I'm glad I tried the demo so I don't have to wonder if I should get it when it comes out. SMT is much more my bag.

If a game doesn't vary the battle system greatly from what I played on my Super Nintendo 14 years ago, it's not going to hold my interest. I've played way too many RPGs.

I liked the demo but got killed by that fishman at the end of the first dungeon. When DW7 came out I logged like 45 hours in the first 5 or 6 days I had it. Then again, I was basically unemployed at the time. I'll be happy if 8 is more of the same. Sometimes I like innovation but Dragon Warrior/Quest can stay the same forever. I'll always have other games for innovation.

My closest Best Buy had a stack of the demo's sitting out for the taking.

I have two extra if any one wants one.

I got mine in the mail Thursday.

[quote name='ecliptic66']Are you kidding? The demo was terrible. I think the worst thing they could've done for sales was let people play this game before they bought it. The battle system is so amazingly bland and repetetive, and the encounter rate is ridiculously high with the payoff being amazingly low. fuck this game, I'm glad I tried the demo so I don't have to wonder if I should get it when it comes out. SMT is much more my bag.

If a game doesn't vary the battle system greatly from what I played on my Super Nintendo 14 years ago, it's not going to hold my interest. I've played way too many RPGs.[/QUOTE]
I'm happy with the standard battle system. Too many rpgs are trying to get cute with card combos and dress spheres and the like. I would be happier with something like the Tales series, but if it's going to be turn-based, just keep it simple.

[quote name='BIG5']I'm happy with the standard battle system. Too many rpgs are trying to get cute with card combos and dress spheres and the like. I would be happier with something like the Tales series, but if it's going to be turn-based, just keep it simple.[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same way. The game feels really old-school with a fresh coat of graphical paint. I loved the demo! This game wasn't even a blip on my gaming radar until I played the demo, now I must have it!

I loved the demo! Took me roughly almost three hours to finish and I was at level 6. Really enjoyed the graphic update and it still had that Dragon Warrior feel. Mines already pre-ordered from Game Rush, can't wait to get my grubby little hands all over it!

[quote name='ecliptic66']Are you kidding? The demo was terrible. I think the worst thing they could've done for sales was let people play this game before they bought it. The battle system is so amazingly bland and repetetive, and the encounter rate is ridiculously high with the payoff being amazingly low. fuck this game, I'm glad I tried the demo so I don't have to wonder if I should get it when it comes out. SMT is much more my bag.

If a game doesn't vary the battle system greatly from what I played on my Super Nintendo 14 years ago, it's not going to hold my interest. I've played way too many RPGs.[/QUOTE]

You never played this on SNES, DQ5 & 6 were never brought here. The last one you could have played was Dragon Warrior IV...and the battle system went to a job system long ago, way different from the NES games.

I like turn based battles, I miss them. Too many real time button mashing type RPGs out there now (I loved Star Ocean 3 and all, but geez, it lacks strategy)

[quote name='GreenMonkey']
I like turn based battles, I miss them. [/QUOTE]I agree that turn-based battles are awesome. I buy most every single one released.:) DQVIII is my most wanted game all year, and I still don't have a demo. I ordered from Square Enix for a free one, but I accidently forgot to put my apartment number. Since the release date was pushed up, I'm considering preordering from EB, and see if they give me one (I know they have them, since they gave one to someone).

[quote name='GreenMonkey']You never played this on SNES, DQ5 & 6 were never brought here. The last one you could have played was Dragon Warrior IV...and the battle system went to a job system long ago, way different from the NES games.

[/QUOTE]

DQ5 & 6 were both translated by fans.

[quote name='slidecage']sucks the game was pushed from the 7th of nov to like the end of nov[/QUOTE]

The originally announced date was 11/22 and it was bumped up to 11/15 on Monday...

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']I didn't get a kewychain... That's gay.[/QUOTE]

How are the spaces the keychains should occupy having sex with each other?

You are confusing.

My keychain showed up in today's mail(Pittsburgh, PA area)!
icon_biggrin.gif
Hopefully, everyone will get one.

bread's done
Back