Free 5.99 movie credit for PSN Users

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys just saw this, if you sign up at the link below and use the email linked to your PSN network account to receive PlayStation news updates, you will receive a free 5.99 voucher for use for movies on the PSN store on your ps3. Code will be emailed to your email within 72 hours and code never expires. Hurry limited quantities available. Links below:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/emailoffer.html?cmp=HM-EMAILOFFERVIDEOUL

Just copy and paste link I'm posting from cell phone and can't make link clickable.

This thread is hilarious. Yeah, Sony is going to hunt all of you down because you stacked codes. They were so efficient like this a couple months ago when they got hacked...

Just gonna throw my hat into the skeptic ring. There's a single poster on the SD thread about this, saying 'you might get banned for stacking'. If ANYONE abusing this promo would've been banned, I'm certain the SD thread would've been flooded with complaints by now.

Anyways.....Like others have said, by simply adding funds to your wallet there really isn't anything differentiating these 'funds' being used over your pre-existing balance (assuming you have anything in your wallet already).

That said, I bet the marketing guy that cooked up this promo is wetting himself over providing blanket 'credit vouchers' instead of redemption codes for specific movies. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of many games which don't have movies in them. *technicality*;)

There are plenty of instances of per-account services and redemption tickets on the PS3. Sony had precedent and tools at their disposal to implement this properly but yet they botched it. That's not the users' fault.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Just gonna throw my hat into the skeptic ring. There's a single poster on the SD thread about this, saying 'you might get banned for stacking'. If ANYONE abusing this promo would've been banned, I'm certain the SD thread would've been flooded with complaints by now.

Anyways.....Like others have said, by simply adding funds to your wallet there really isn't anything differentiating these 'funds' being used over your pre-existing balance (assuming you have anything in your wallet already).

That said, I bet the marketing guy that cooked up this promo is wetting himself over providing blanket 'credit vouchers' instead of redemption codes for specific movies. :applause:[/QUOTE]

whoever posted that over there probably took the info from here and posted it there that it happened. much like them taking the info about the deal in the first place from cag and posting it there.

[quote name='lokizz']whoever posted that over there probably took the info from here and posted it there that it happened. much like them taking the info about the deal in the first place from cag and posting it there.[/QUOTE]

*shakes fist at the guy who always does that*

Still haven't received anything after signing up on the 7th. I assume I will get nothing, but I'm sure I would've spent it on something I'll never use anyways! Enjoy the free spacebucks everyone!

Anyone doing it now though will simply stack the codes on one of their many non-main accounts so even the bans would be useless so far as stopping people from getting their free game(s).

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Anyone doing it now though will simply stack the codes on one of their many non-main accounts so even the bans would be useless so far as stopping people from getting their free game(s).[/QUOTE]

thanks for the idea. i shall stack all them codes on my sub account.

[quote name='jubeininja69']thanks for the idea. i shall stack all them codes on my sub account.[/QUOTE]

if youre going to do that i suggest you use it quick. each account has it own wallet if they ban that one before you can use the money then youre sol.

[quote name='jubeininja69']thanks for the idea. i shall stack all them codes on my sub account.[/QUOTE]

+1

And I'm gonna use the subaccount with my ex-wife's name. *middle finger*

I'll stack 3 on my main and 2 on a sub I guess. More than 3 and I'm hesitant. Though I've only gotten 2 of 5 so far (main, sub jpn, 2 gameshare host accounts, 1 RL friends gameshare host account).

Anyone know if these can be redeemed on a Japanese PSN account? I highly doubt it, but just in case, it would be cool.

Edit: 4 of the 5 accounts are over a year old, the last one is 7 months old or more, and I've bought stuff on all 5. Shrug.

Damn HOARDERSSSSSSSS!!! All of you talking about stacking better STFUUUU when someone says they bought 15,000 touchpads or whatever, again!!!

These codes say 'limited', so don't complain about something YOU do YOURSELF. Remember that.

On that note, I hope some of us are still able to get, atleast, ONE.

[quote name='handsomepete']Still haven't received anything after signing up on the 7th. I assume I will get nothing, but I'm sure I would've spent it on something I'll never use anyways! Enjoy the free spacebucks everyone![/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better I never got mine either.

Me and my other two older brothers share one ps3 but they gave me their 5.99 codes and i bought payday the heist (i had in my wallet before $3) and i havent gotten banned so i really doubt sony is gonna do anything.

If creating new accounts works for this promotion, and someone were able to get hundreds of these codes and stacked them, I bet Sony would find out and ban the account.

Stacking two codes and getting almost *immediately* banned is very unlikely. There's pretty much no way that Sony is watching that closely, let alone ban an account for such a minor infraction.

Lastly, I'm not saying that it's OK to stack the codes and that Sony will ignore it. Just that his story doesn't seem plausible.

Used this $5.99 credit and bought a $10 psn card with the free Best Buy reward cert to lessen the blow of the Call of Duty Elite subscription. Still not sure why I got it but it seems like it will pay off with the map packs

Well it has been three days for me and no code :( but my two friends i told about it got them and the both submitted after me. :(

oh well i sent it again what is the worst that could happen.. No code? :)

Signed up yesterday as well and still haven't gotten the code. To be fair, it does say it could take up to 72 hours so I will wait it out I guess.

they did mention or until codes ran out so chances are they may be out of codes or just not sending out more now that they realize people are using them for other things.

Talked to a buddy of mine...

He bought a PS3 on the 7th. Found out about this and signed up on the 8th but never received a code. I'm guessing they saw his ID was created after the promotion was posted. Looks like no credit for him so it appears this will be a little harder to abuse than first thought.

One more day till 72 hours is up, and nothing yet. Sigh. Annoyed that I'm not in the camp with those getting them so quickly after I signed up. Hmph.

I just checked my account settings and I did not have a check mark in the box to receive e-mails from Sony. So I checked that and signed up again. I'll update if this works.

i recieved 4 out of the 12 i did so far. your allowed 16 users on psn, each user should be entitled to a code is the way i see it

[quote name='chewy12']i recieved 4 out of the 12 i did so far. your allowed 16 users on psn, each user should be entitled to a code is the way i see it[/QUOTE]

Did you have that many accounts already or did you create them for the promotion? If it is the latter, have you gotten any credit for the new accounts too?

[quote name='Hibiwa']One more day till 72 hours is up, and nothing yet. Sigh. Annoyed that I'm not in the camp with those getting them so quickly after I signed up. Hmph.[/QUOTE]

Check if you can log in to the PSN forums. I noticed one of my accounts that didn't get the promo (that is a few months old) needed to be email validated. Logging in normally would be fine, but it would ask me when I tried to do it from the forums page. Might be related.

[quote name='chrisflyer']meanwhile, I still haven't gotten the one I signed up for.[/QUOTE]

I just want one too and haven't got it after 3 days...

Do you have to check both boxes? I'm all for subscribing to email but I am certainly not going to check the box saying "yes give my info to marketing companies"

[quote name='Antipodes']Check if you can log in to the PSN forums. I noticed one of my accounts that didn't get the promo (that is a few months old) needed to be email validated. Logging in normally would be fine, but it would ask me when I tried to do it from the forums page. Might be related.[/QUOTE]No prob with PSN forum log in. Weird thing I did notice after checking is the profile still shows the pre-hack email even though I can't sign in with the old ID.

Guess I'm screwed out of 6 bucks since the email can't be changed.

[quote name='nnthomas']Do you have to check both boxes? I'm all for subscribing to email but I am certainly not going to check the box saying "yes give my info to marketing companies"[/QUOTE]

Just the first box, if you don't click any boxes it won't go through

So...anyone else get banned for stacking? Sounds like the ban thing was a lie.

I've got my credit and am not planning on abusing the stacking thing (although I'm quite tempted....)

I just wish there were some better PSN sales going on right now. Hope next week is better.

[quote name='Wario64']Just the first box, if you don't click any boxes it won't go through

So...anyone else get banned for stacking? Sounds like the ban thing was a lie.[/QUOTE]

F it... Im going to stack em. I only have 2 codes, one and my GF's, I might aswell stack them. I redeemed one already, and Im gonna wait till tuesday to see what the new sales are to redeem the other.

I say they cant ban ya, its highly unlikely.

bread's done
Back