Free Kingston 25 Year Anniversary USB *Update* Thumb Drives have started shipping

[quote name='TheJLC']lmao. Hey, can't complain about something free.[/QUOTE]

Tell me where I can buy $5 8 gigs :)
I actually want to know

-quoted wrong person I'll fix it when I'm not on a mobile-

[quote name='nedstark']wtf still havent received it yet and my name is pretty rare lol[/QUOTE]

If your name is listed below, we are processing your prize and you will receive it by the end of November.

Rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaaadddddd.:lol:

I am glad so many people were able to get them, also it doesn't look like they are shipping according to sign up time\date because I still haven't received mine.

[quote name='Tony Stark']the fact that it is 8gb is amazing, the biggest freebie USB I ever got was 2gb and it was USB 1.0 not even 2.0[/QUOTE]

The 16GB one I had was actually free, believe it or not. I got it from that one place that never sends you your stuff. Verfied something. I was shocked whenever I got it. I was pissed whenever I broke it. One day I was lounged out in my computer chair and whenever I went to get up, I swung my feet down and the USB was in the Desktop and I kicked it. Something inside of it broke and it never read again :(.

I never thought I'd see anything bigger then a 2GB for free.

8GB is great.

[quote name='BigBob']The 16GB one I had was actually free, believe it or not. I got it from that one place that never sends you your stuff. Verfied something. I was shocked whenever I got it. I was pissed whenever I broke it. One day I was lounged out in my computer chair and whenever I went to get up, I swung my feet down and the USB was in the Desktop and I kicked it. Something inside of it broke and it never read again :(.

I never thought I'd see anything bigger then a 2GB for free.

8GB is great.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Verisign? I've gotten a total of four drives from them, but never more than 8 GB. Three of them are 8 GB and one is 4 GB, but the smaller capacity one is shaped like a person with arms and legs that swivel (the legs can also bend) and the head is the cap - I ended up taking the limbs off because they always come off anyway when I use it.

Holy crap I won one!! Woohoo! I never win anything! Will be nice to use with my car stereo, since every says it's tiny.

if anyone is wondering whether the name on the list is you *there are 4 bakers on there* shoot em off an email and they can find out I went ahead and did it since online I go by WilliamRLBaker and couldn't remember if I had worked that in instead of William Baker.

I got mine and went to use it today. Does anyone elses have a really slow transfer speed? I put in my sandisk and completed the same transfer in over half the time it takes for this one. Can't beat free though.
My sandisc rusn at around 30 but this one is around 16.3. Guess I'll try formatting and see if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine on Thursday around lunch time. Brown paper shipping envelop. I haven't even opened mine yet so I can't comment on the transfer speeds sleepy.

Yes FedEx. It'll be a brown envelope stapled on one side and taped on the other. It's a nice all metal drive with a circle for a key ring.

EDIT: this one exactly if no one has posted it yet
kingston25years-351x400.jpg

So thursdays I got a fedex missed delivery on my door. Friday I got a fedex package but it was from my job and not the contest. Today I got a missed usps parcel. I'm excited and confused!

[quote name='Miranda']Do you mean Verisign? I've gotten a total of four drives from them, but never more than 8 GB. Three of them are 8 GB and one is 4 GB, but the smaller capacity one is shaped like a person with arms and legs that swivel (the legs can also bend) and the head is the cap - I ended up taking the limbs off because they always come off anyway when I use it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Verisign was it. As soon as I Googled it, that was the logo on the drive.

This was a generic silver one, nothing special from the looks of it but it was a 16 GB from them. It was a couple of years ago, I'd say like 2009/10ish.

[quote name='nedstark']wtf still havent gotten mine maybe the mailman took it[/QUOTE]
It's Sunday, lol and don't except it tomorrow either as its a holiday.

[quote name='OddFull Metal']It's Sunday, lol and don't except it tomorrow either as its a holiday.[/QUOTE]

true just me getting uber excited for a paltry 8GB lol

[quote name='Tony Stark']My FedEx is also slow...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, mine are probably getting outta their dungarees for some boat docking down East... :lol:

Just got mine! I completely forgot about it, thought my brother used my Amazon account and sent it to the wrong address! Barely even recognized it as a flash drive it's so tiny! It look slick, though! Thanks Kingston! And thanks to the OP, too!

bread's done
Back