Gamefly DotD:Saints Row the Third $8, Crysis 3 $9, NASCAR Inside Line $13

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Both are crap. Online and story mode both blow. Total cash grab by epic . Wait for RE Revelations to be $10 again instead
I'd disagree with this. I can't comment on the multiplayer because I wasn't interested in it, but I had fun going through the campaign. It's not the best of the Gears franchise, and the game play feels different from earlier iterations, but I had fun. Enemies are weaker. It felt like I chewed through many more bad guys than previous games.

For $10? Total steal. I'm not that cheap :)

Gears of War is back now, but God of War is gone and so is Killer on PS3.  Deal should end in about 30 minutes according to Gamefly twitter.

Just got my shipping email, so that's great. Hopefully no more deals, that entice me into spending more money on something I REALLY REALLY don't need more of.

I am not so narrow minded to allow the color of some plastic to get int the way of enjoying some amazing games that I have been eager to play. Plus they make skins and cases to cover things up. I just bought this from ebay for $4. That will allow me to keep the system protected when not in the official 3DS case I bought a year ago at BBY (also came with car charger, crappy earbuds, and a full size pen stylus).

I fail to see how anyone who considers themselves a "gamer" can be against something just because of the color of it. Seems incredibly narrow minded and overall extremely sad.

Do I like that it's pink, of course not. But it is far from a negative trait IMO.
Do NOT use that aluminum case! It looks like the same one I bought for my last xl, that one had sharp triangular clips to hold it in place which wound up gouging the edges of the system. Be very careful with it.

And anyone with a pink xl that hasn't bought this decal for it is doing so many things wrong. http://www.etsy.com/listing/152667321/kirby-face-decal-set-for-pink-3ds-or-3ds?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=3ds+decal+kirby&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all#zoom

Yesterday's ones aren't dead. They're running late at pulling them down, which they do sometimes. We may see some new ones in a couple hours.
Oh okay. My bad. I just went to their twitter and saw the deals weren't there anymore or the prices were raised. Guess they are late.

New deals always go live at 3PM EST and yesterday's deals end at the same time. Speaking of which...today's deals seem...pretty mediocre. Who the fuck wants Dark?

OP updated. Army of Two: Devil's Cartel has been cheaper in a past deal of the day sale ($9). I Believe same with DmC, which I want to say has hit $10 mark before

Where do you go to look at the deals?
Look up free shipping games around that time and figure out which is new and which isn't.

OP updated. Army of Two: Devil's Cartel has been cheaper in a past deal of the day sale ($9). I Believe same with DmC, which I want to say has hit $10 mark before

Look up free shipping games around that time and figure out which is new and which isn't.
You're correct with the cheaper in the past. DmC was $9 as well in the M$ store fire sale.

Thanks for the info on looking in free shipping games.

Never heard of Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers, and it's move compatible...so I extend my arms to mimic the airplane?

Do NOT use that aluminum case! It looks like the same one I bought for my last xl, that one had sharp triangular clips to hold it in place which wound up gouging the edges of the system. Be very careful with it.

And anyone with a pink xl that hasn't bought this decal for it is doing so many things wrong. http://www.etsy.com/listing/152667321/kirby-face-decal-set-for-pink-3ds-or-3ds?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=3ds+decal+kirby&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all#zoom
Based on the videos I've seen it seems like it just hugs the side of the system, but I'll be sure to look it over before I put it on the system. In terms of the decal I admit that does look really nice. But the cost is rather high all things considered due to the shipping price. It is a sticker after all, it shouldn't cost more then $1-2 to ship. Plus I am worried about it wearing down/coming off when it's applied. Plus it offers literally no protection for the system. So all of those factors make it a no-go for me. But I appreciate it for sure.

That's a pretty sad reason to play through a terrible game and I think it was like $8 or less at Microsoft Store a few months back.
Only thing that sad is you saying he is sad for wanting to play it for achievements. What the hell do you care what he does? Or why would it matter to you? Not to mention telling someone the game was cheap months ago doesnt help them right now does it?

Like my grandma always said "just because you can act like a horses ass doesnt that you have to".

Only thing that sad is you saying he is sad for wanting to play it for achievements. What the hell do you care what he does? Or why would it matter to you? Not to mention telling someone the game was cheap months ago doesnt help them right now does it?

Like my grandma always said "just because you can act like a horses ass doesnt that you have to".
Um, because he asked if it's been cheaper and I gave an example of the cheapest it's been to help him decide if he wants to go for it or not? So that answers why I gave a price. And I said it was sad because there are literally hundreds of better games out there to get better virtual street cred points on that aren't terrible. Just because it has easy achievements doesn't change the fact it's still a terrible game. If he wants to buy it and play it, fine, I wasn't attacking him or whatever after that so if he wants to it's fine.

And discussing a game being terrible is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Um, because he asked if it's been cheaper and I gave an example of the cheapest it's been to help him decide if he wants to go for it or not? So that answers why I gave a price. And I said it was sad because there are literally hundreds of better games out there to get better virtual street cred points on that aren't terrible. Just because it has easy achievements doesn't change the fact it's still a terrible game. If he wants to buy it and play it, fine, I wasn't attacking him or whatever after that so if he wants to it's fine.

And discussing a game being terrible is SERIOUS BUSINESS!
^His opinion is totally fine with me. I wasn't hurt by it in any way. I know he wasn't attacking me. And I don't mind getting bashed by people who think achievements are stupid. It happens all the time. And he's right. There are tons of games that are better to get for achievements and gameplay overall. I'm just a sucker for a decent deal. :p

I ordered Growlanser Heritage of War for the PS2 from them years ago and it came complete with all of the LE stuff so if they have it, they should send it.
That was years, years ago. They don't do that anymore. That's honestly probably the last game where everyone was guaranteed to get the "LE contents" (I put that in quotes because all the copies of Growlanser: Heritage of War and Killer Is Dead are LE.)

For games that have slipcovers, you're not guaranteed to get those, so why should you get LE contents? Not to mention, Killer Is Dead has already been in a Gamefly sale before and no one reported getting the LE stuff. It did come with the DLC voucher but not the physical goodies.

Never heard of Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers, and it's move compatible...so I extend my arms to mimic the airplane?
What? No. If it's like the first game, the Move controller acts like a flight stick. Worked pretty damn well in the first game. Now, was the game any good? That's up for debate.

I think you posted a while back that you were looking for good PS Move games for exercise and recommended Virtua Tennis 4. That was you, right? This game doesn't require any more physical exertion than a PC game with flight stick would, so I wouldn't recommend it for that if that's why you're asking.

I'm just a sucker for a cheap deal. :p
Fixed. Because this is what this site has reduced us all to. THOUGH I was able to pass on Aliens: Colonial Marines collector's edition after thinking about it for 10 minutes so I am getting slightly better. Plus I use to be total achievement whore, but I kinda realized that I had to stop before I crossed the threshold of buying Disney TV-movies for achievements. Though I do own Truth or Lies because it was $3...

That was years, years ago. They don't do that anymore. That's honestly probably the last game where everyone was guaranteed to get the "LE contents" (I put that in quotes because all the copies of Growlanser: Heritage of War and Killer Is Dead are LE.)

For games that have slipcovers, you're not guaranteed to get those, so why should you get LE contents? Not to mention, Killer Is Dead has already been in a Gamefly sale before and no one reported getting the LE stuff. It did come with the DLC voucher but not the physical goodies.
Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition for the Wii came with all the LE contents. Gamefly ran multiple sales on it for $15, $18, and $20 and everyone posted saying they all got LE.

Really? Killer Is Dead definitely didn't in the last sale and I'm pretty sure The Last Story didn't. Maybe whenever their profits are down for that quarter, they just scrap the extra stuff to save on shipping.

this about as good as it'll get for dmc ps3?
Are we counting when it was free last month on PS+? If not, it was $9 a few months ago as mentioned by mossfan so there's a chance as long as it doesn't sell out by tomorrow it'll get there again.

What? No. If it's like the first game, the Move controller acts like a flight stick. Worked pretty damn well in the first game. Now, was the game any good? That's up for debate.

I think you posted a while back that you were looking for good PS Move games for exercise and recommended Virtua Tennis 4. That was you, right? This game doesn't require any more physical exertion than a PC game with flight stick would, so I wouldn't recommend it for that if that's why you're asking.
I was being funny (or at least trying to be) about the human airplane thing. It wasn't sarcastic enough to use the yellow font, but I think midloo got it :lol:

But in any event, thanks for the info.

EDIT: On the PS Move front, I play a lot of Grand Slam Tennis and The Fight: Lights Out, but those got old and Move is kind of abandoned by Sony now :( (although they do work with the PS4, but that doesn't matter if there are no games :wall:)

I was being funny (or at least trying to be) about the human airplane thing. It wasn't sarcastic enough to use the yellow font, but I think midloo got it :lol:

But in any event, thanks for the info.

EDIT: On the PS Move front, I play a lot of Grand Slam Tennis and The Fight: Lights Out, but those got old and Move is kind of abandoned by Sony now :( (although they do work with the PS4, but that doesn't matter if there are no games :wall:)
I know you were trying to be funny and I thought it was funny. Thanks for the laugh :lol: . But the game actually has a built in voice recognition function. To fire, just yell into the mic, RA-TA-TA-TA-TA!!!

Is Dark worth $9? I love vampire games but I don't know when it will get this low at GS just to put into the backlog. As long as it's not completely broken I think it may be worth it as I really like the Bloodrayne games and if there's some hot female vampires as enemies or allies I think I can part with $9.

My friend told me about a sale on Gamefly for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified awhile back. I was pleased with the order (disc was in fair shape and it came complete with case, manual, DLC code and even the plastic sleeve).

Just bit for GoW: Judgment today. :p
I would have liked to have gotten the slip cover for Bureau though. I don't like slip covers unless it adds something really cool to the packaging, as this one does with the "classified black line" look to the case when it's on.

I would have liked to have gotten the slip cover for Bureau though. I don't like slip covers unless it adds something really cool to the packaging, as this one does with the "classified black line" look to the case when it's on.
If you are getting it from Gamefly then you should get the slipcover. I have a small complaint about it is that the fit isn't quite tight like other slipcovers (Amazing Spider Man, Prototype 2 etc.). Or maybe that just was mine copy (last time from GF sale).

Is Dark worth $9? I love vampire games but I don't know when it will get this low at GS just to put into the backlog. As long as it's not completely broken I think it may be worth it as I really like the Bloodrayne games and if there's some hot female vampires as enemies or allies I think I can part with $9.
Dark is worth approximately zero dollars, according to people I have never met.

Based on the videos I've seen it seems like it just hugs the side of the system, but I'll be sure to look it over before I put it on the system. In terms of the decal I admit that does look really nice. But the cost is rather high all things considered due to the shipping price. It is a sticker after all, it shouldn't cost more then $1-2 to ship. Plus I am worried about it wearing down/coming off when it's applied. Plus it offers literally no protection for the system. So all of those factors make it a no-go for me. But I appreciate it for sure.
Pair it up with this and you're good.

When I finally beat Dead Space 2 will I want to play Dead Space 3? I'm about half way through and I've enjoyed it but I'm kinda just going through the motions? Do the stories connect well? Does gameplay change much?

When I finally beat Dead Space 2 will I want to play Dead Space 3? I'm about half way through and I've enjoyed it but I'm kinda just going through the motions? Do the stories connect well? Does gameplay change much?
The combat gets worse. That was the scariest addition EA added to the game.

Thanks bardockkun. I ordered Resident Evil and GRID 2.

$9.99 is my pricepoint for this kind of games pre-owned.

I noticed both of these games aren't shown in-stock at any Best Buys in my area. I was thinking this might mean I might not catch a GCU offer to get these for $9.99 or lower any time soon.

Never bought games from gamefly. Had one question for those who have. How are the discs condition overall?
I've probably purchased 20 or so games from them. 3 outright didn't work, and I'd say about 15 looked like they were scratched from light to severe. Almost all had chips on the edges.

I always factor that in when I'm evaluating value on a game I'm looking to buy. If you do get one that's chipped, definitely install it to the HDD right away as that usually is an indicator that it will work. Only once did that fail me though, since a game I tried to play, and had installed before, wouldn't run months later, and well outside the return period.

Others will come on and say it's always flawless disc condition, but in my experience, it's never flawless.

bread's done
Back