Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='Seaworthyset']Im looking for 4 people who are willing to complete the horde waves (all 50) getting annoyed that people (even some friends) leave before wave 21[/QUOTE]

I noticed this is a trend, once the lambent berserker shows up and the team wipes once or twice everyone drops out.

got a few matches in before Big Head event ended. lagged like crazy first 2 matches I joined and ended up leaving. joined another and it was almost over. I got the last kill and game lags and sorta freezes before the scoreboard appears. I still got credit for the event so left.

played some KOTH and was lagging a bit. the lag wasn't that noticeable unless I checked my score... was averaging less than 1000 pt/round which is bullshit. it seems the p2p coding is even worse than gears 2 (once social became available)

Yeah, but I think the big feet were worse than the Big Heads.

Got to Level 50, and the game decided to give me another 15,000 XP for free. Too bad I don't see the point in continuing to play the game.

how does the match making in arcade work?

been fine with the other chapters as i just random joined in but i been trying to create public co-o for the prolog and chp 1 for the 4 player achievement but no one joins in even after 15-20 mins(i usually try restarting chp and junk too). =p

Same thing happened to me every time I tried to start an arcade game myself, I could play for entire chapters and no one else would join. Then I'd join someone else's game in progress, and players came and went with no problem, if someone left another player would replace them within minutes.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Anyone know when Big Head Mode ended? It was supposed to run until today couldn't play during the weekend. I can't find it in the playlists.[/QUOTE]

Ends today I believe. It's in the Versus menu and it's above "Team Deathmatch"

I was working on my Combat Engineer last night. Got up to 60 of them before I got bored.

Well probably jump in and get the rest later tonight.

wall.gif

Ugh... I'm not looking forward to the random hate and moronic questioning when I reach 100 in this game. I get enough bullshit for being a 90 e.g. "How is he a 99999999990000000000? [/WAAAAHHH]" As if it's some difficult feat or there's any actual effort involved to begin with. It's called not being a scrub in multiplayer. Get off my dick already. ;\

damn, lvl 90. I just got lvl 13, but my work schedule has pretty busy...no complaints here though. playing horde was fun, big head horde I think was funny at first mainly because of the helium inhaled voice overs. I look forward to normal horde and the ticker event.

[quote name='sasukekun']Ends today I believe. It's in the Versus menu and it's above "Team Deathmatch"[/QUOTE]
Hmm the playlist isn't showing up for me. Is it still up above team deathmatch for you guys?

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Hmm the playlist isn't showing up for me. Is it still up above team deathmatch for you guys?[/QUOTE]

Ya, but if you dont see it, it probably ended already. I havent played today yet.

[quote name='sasukekun']Ya, but if you dont see it, it probably ended already. I havent played today yet.[/QUOTE]
Damn I thought I had until the 10th otherwise I would have tried to get it yesterday.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Ugh... I'm not looking forward to the random hate and moronic questioning when I reach 100 in this game. I get enough bullshit for being a 90 e.g. "How is he a 99999999990000000000? [/WAAAAHHH]" As if it's some difficult feat or there's any actual effort involved to begin with. It's called not being a scrub in multiplayer. Get off my dick already. ;\[/QUOTE]

I work full time and am finishing out a BAS and I get shit for being level like 66. It won't ever end.

I miss early in Gears 2 where your rank meant something for the most part.

Now you just have to crush scrubs for them to understand and when you do they still run their mouth because they lost and "all you use is (insert any weapon name here) you fuckin noob".

[quote name='hustletron']I work full time and am finishing out a BAS and I get shit for being level like 66. It won't ever end.

I miss early in Gears 2 where your rank meant something for the most part.

Now you just have to crush scrubs for them to understand and when you do they still run their mouth because they lost and "all you use is (insert any weapon name here) you fuckin noob".[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. People underestimate how much free exp there is to gain through frequent spotting and Lancer usage on top of a good game (5,000 - 10,000 XP IMO). Not to mention the massive influx of new players to beat on who haven't the slightest idea what they are doing overeager to steal kills. I can't blame them though when thanks to Epic pandering 4 out of the 6 game types are Warzone rules which pretty much encourages it. Ribbons, medals, huge decrease in required exp to level up also play a noticeable factor. You know rank doesn't mean much when the cap is 100 yet you don't notice an actual slow down in gain until the mid 80s. Hell... 80,000 total xp is all I need for 91. Had they lowered or negated xp gain in Social matches it would mean a lot more since all the real competition is in Ranked. No point in playing that though without a team so mingling with the casuals or playing something else are your only options.

so gears 3 has no 'prestige' in the leveling? I guess that's good.

I think it took me close to 2 yrs to attain veteran gear in gears 2, and right now I'm around 22 or so in gears 3 so that ain't bad.

my favorite the other night had to be owning these two players in high their 60's, but they disconnected intentionally so they wouldn't register the loss. pathetic losers....LOL!!

There are so many sore losers out there. But I still find playing with friends, or good randoms who work together pretty enjoyable.

aside: guys, I've got an extra set of the Jack-in-the-Box liquid green metal skins 5-pack for trade. if you've got an extra savage kantus or savage grenadier elite, wanna work out a trade? =)
[please pardon me, I don't have an active trade list] might as well share it with someone in this thread.

Anyone that has yet to get there Retro-lancer get this email from GS

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the delay with your Retro Lancer, we are working diligently to fulfill your order. As a token of our gratitude for your patience, we are offering you a very cool and rare “Cole Train Plush” add-on for your Xbox LIVE Avatar.

Your Unique Code: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

[quote name='bs000']I don't know how I got to 58 when all I've done is idle for the games played medals.[/QUOTE]
Do us all a favor and break your copy in half.

[quote name='Pirate331']Do us all a favor and break your copy in half.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah no kidding.

I'd suggest just putting the cog sticker that comes w/the game on the bottom of the disc and just hang it on your wall.

While idling for medals sounds like a lot of fun (NOT), you have to put some of the blame on Epic for essentially making it a requirement for earning Seriously 3.0.

Me, I haven't earned a Seriously yet and I don't plan to start now.

I grabbed the season pass, not actually a fan of the liquid metal skins but I am a fan of saving 33% off all the DLC.

the achievements more or less look either easy as pie or a doable. getting an achievement for hosting a private match is just free gamerscore.

It's stupid to idle regardless of what you're going for, achievements, medals, titles whatever.

You get points for almost anything in this game and if you're just going to sit there and do nothing because you're "grinding" something then you're dumb.

I know for a fact there's no one that's level 100 in this thread so idling is not only gimping your point gains but a complete waste of time.

Eh, if he wants to idle that's free kills. My K/D barely reachs 1.0 and I suck anyways.

I don't plan on going for Seriously 3.0 either, but I do plan on getting level 100 in this game.

Anyone know if mutators effect the arcade mode/4-player co-op achievement? Me and my friends are going thru Arcade on Insane to mop up the rest of our single player achievements.

Hey, that hurt my feelings.

[quote name='hustletron']It's stupid to idle regardless of what you're going for, achievements, medals, titles whatever.

You get points for almost anything in this game and if you're just going to sit there and do nothing because you're "grinding" something then you're dumb.

I know for a fact there's no one that's level 100 in this thread so idling is not only gimping your point gains but a complete waste of time.[/QUOTE]

I like achievements, so what? I leave it on while I'm sleeping or away. No one's going to play 3000 matches of each game type "legit". And I do actually play the game. I was just trying to help Ink drive home his point that it doesn't take much effort to level up, but okay.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Hey, at least he's free kills. Although he probably sucks anyway so he'd be a freebie no matter what, but meh.[/QUOTE]

They're private matches. I don't think the bots give a fuck that I'm not actively participating. And I was 30th in the world for the Gears 1 XBL tourney and won a trip to WCG Grand Finals where I won a fuck ton of prizes and money 'cause I hate you forever.

This one's for you Tom.
I am teh best.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Anyone know if mutators effect the arcade mode/4-player co-op achievement? Me and my friends are going thru Arcade on Insane to mop up the rest of our single player achievements.[/QUOTE]
Mutators do not void the achievements.

oh snap...can't argue with that logic and those credentials. idling in private matches doesn't affect us anyway. nothing to see here, carry on.

It's okay BS. I still dig you as a poster. Besides I had a feeling you were idling in private matches anyway. As Ryu mentioned Epic went overboard with the unlock requirements so there's no reason not to boost and I don't think less of anyone that does (not that anyone should care what I or anyone else thinks). Seriously 3.0 would realistically take 2 - 3 years for someone to complete legit. No one realistically has the time nor interest in doing that unless they are going to benefit from it financially. I'm going to get back to boosting for Prescott eventually, but that's it. Everything else I'm fine with earning legit.

I'm always up for some horde, so anyone can feel free to send me an invite. Friday and Saturday nights tend to be when I have time to play for a few hours.

I've been trying to get more into the multiplayer, so I'm up for that as well. I pretty much stink at online MP in general though, so don't invite me if you're on a competive team and just want good players! If just playing for fun, I'm game. :D

[quote name='bs000']Hey, that hurt my feelings.

I like achievements, so what? I leave it on while I'm sleeping or away. No one's going to play 3000 matches of each game type "legit". And I do actually play the game. I was just trying to help Ink drive home his point that it doesn't take much effort to level up, but okay.

They're private matches. I don't think the bots give a fuck that I'm not actively participating. And I was 30th in the world for the Gears 1 XBL tourney and won a trip to WCG Grand Finals where I won a fuck ton of prizes and money 'cause I hate you forever.

This one's for you Tom.
I am teh best.
[/QUOTE]

I don't recall you mentioning idling in private matches I only said something because I was under the impression you were doing it in pubs and because it sucks for the people like me who actually enjoy playing multiplayer and then we have 1 or 2 people doing nothing, it's literally playing 3 or 4 against 5.

I agree the requirements are ridiculous and if Epic doesn't change that then they're dumb too, regardless of what you do with your game, it's your game and to each their own, it's just aggrevating losing because you're outnumbered every round.

So I retract my statement towards you and being dumb, but enough people idle in pubs for me to make that assumption and those people are fucking dumb.

Played online with some dude who hacked or as he called it "glitched" the game. He had the pixalated gun skins that make it look like they're censored. Which look stupid BTW.

Also got my first onyx medal, beating Beast on Insane with my sis and bro, and we got 2 random people after sending a bunch of random invites...who knew that would work :)

I don't like the look of the onyx medals at all...the black/white look looks lame. The gold medals look the best IMO.

good to know, I was waiting in the beast lobby for longer than I'd like to remember. somehow I thought sending invites was to XBL friends and not randomly into the ether...I ended up playing Gears 1 instead since I never beat it.

[quote name='100xp']good to know, I was waiting in the beast lobby for longer than I'd like to remember. somehow I thought sending invites was to XBL friends and not randomly into the ether...I ended up playing Gears 1 instead since I never beat it.[/QUOTE]

Go to your 'Recently Played' section and send invites to those who you played Gears 3 with ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Go to your 'Recently Played' section and send invites to those who you played Gears 3 with ;)[/QUOTE]

i see...i had a good online horde experience, the other players commented that I wasn't doing enough the first 2 waves then all of the sudden I was out of bubble gum and giving the horde the boom boom, earning or tieing for highest kills, and making mad money. Then the berserker came and the host dropped after dying twice in a row.

I'll try and get into some CAG games next week or something.

So I guess I got my Field Engineer Onyx medal last night... I realized I was coming up on 1000 fortifications but I figured that would be the Silver requirement or something, it doesn't seem like that much. Does anyone know, can you prestige the medals, like can I earn the XP bonuses again by building another 1000? That would be nice. :lol:

It seems like the general population of CAGs on Gears enjoys Beast and Horde more than competitive, I typically play competitive more than Beast/Horde but I'd like to change that and try and power through all 50 waves in 1 sitting sometime if anyone has a group they play with usually.

most of my buds prefer FPS competitive play, so they'll spend hours playing MW or Halo (they won't even give Gears a chance unless it's a simple 10 kills achievement). Gears cooperative is just a nice break from say the tedious FF mode, haven't tried spec ops much...plus building fortifications is a visual rewarding experience.

bread's done
Back