General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. While I admit, I don't get to play online as much as I'd like to, hearing about the lag in Garou is pretty disappointing. I'll just stick to my DC copy then. Thanks for the feedback Rodimus and Jimbo...

There is lag, but only if you play someone with over 150ms. Otherwise its extremely hard to notice.

The big problem is that when there is lag, its like half a second.

Also, nothing but scrubs! I've played like 2 good people.

you know what i like? button mashing.
not like "durrr i dunno what i'm doing" but i really like the sound a joystick makes when you press the buttons.

i noticed myself mashing buttons after a line clear in tetris. it gets me into trouble since i'm playing TGM and i forget that the hard drop doesn't lock right away.

oh yeah so fighting games
i beat up your mom

Garou online can be decent. I've had some good connections with most, but some really sluggish ones with others. I don't regret the purchase.

Hmm maybe I hit a string of bad players, then. I'll give it some more time later. Unless I'm trippin though it seemed to be laggy around 80-90 MS for me.

[quote name='Arikado']Garou online can be decent. I've had some good connections with most, but some really sluggish ones with others. I don't regret the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, played a few matches where the lag total killed the match and others that where decent or pretty good.

Man, I rusty as hell on Garou. Should of busted out my PS2 copy for some practice and now I need a stick, I hate the 360 D-pad.

[quote name='MarkMan']So how bout that PSP remote play for BlazBlue?[/QUOTE]

It'll be just like playing DRO! Delayed inputs and just as pointless.

Holy shit... the title update from today for BlazBlue improves the netcode SO much... I'm in Southern California and I played versus the same pals I've been playing pre-update and now the connection is just as good as when I play my other socal friends!

AKSYS/ARC, you guys did an excellent job!

No longer does the connectiond/latency degrade as the match goes on, it is consistent after the initial synchronization.

Lobbies, spectators, passing your turn.

This is a fighting game with an excellent online experience.

list to tag up, beat up, and greet up for the tidal wave of
signature_singh.jpg
:)

is remote play where you just use your PSP as a PS3 controller or something?

also this new Shodown thing makes me wonder if they'll drop SS2 to 400 points as part of a special promotion... I've been mulling over that one forever, lol

All of my friends say SS2 is horrible on XBLA (not sure if they mean by latency or ocntrols, they would just say it sucked) but I found the demo to be decent for 400. Damn looking at gamecard close to 100k people bought Fatal Fury Special at 400 points. I think 400 pts SS2 would have sold more then 10k.

Played some Garou today and I'm a whopping 3-10. I AM HORRIBLE! Our Rodimus Donut is in the top 200 with few games played. I know the game just came out but it looks to be on track with SS2 sales at this rate.

I saw this on the gaf.

[quote name='_dementia']Guys, the incomplete cut of the free documentary I Got Next will be streaming tomorrow night at 8pm EST on UfragTV. I'm interested in checking it out.

trailer 1
trailer 2
pre-screening impressions[/QUOTE]

prolly more info on SRK but I havent checked there yet...

too bad I wont be home by the time it airs :cry:

hope they do an encore

-EDIT-

lol. couple more things

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/06/24/one_night_only_party_at_the_shadaloo_lounge

and

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196051

there's also another BlazBlue party on saturday... I emailed aksys and they didnt send me an invite AGAIN!!

I think they dont like me :cry:

speaking of which, BlazBlue subforum on SRK now!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey markmang.

afterwords u should enter your daughter into the Ladies of Street Fighter tourney.

I bet she plays way better than Star Slayer

[quote name='LostRoad']Anyone sign up for Neweggs Wanfest SFiv tournament? Dead line ends tomorrow for those that want in.

http://wanfest.newegg.com/[/QUOTE]

Wanfest? Is this an all online tournament or something? I don't see an address anywhere and assume the "WAN" in wanfest means something. :lol:

[quote name='trajin']am going to the shadaloo lounge anybody else going from cag?:cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm getting off work late, I'm gonna try to speed racer over, but if I get off late I'll give up.

TAP :(

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm getting off work late, I'm gonna try to speed racer over, but if I get off late I'll give up.

TAP :([/QUOTE]

yeah same here, am going to try to go anyway, socal cag lets go:applause:

[quote name='trajin']am going to the shadaloo lounge anybody else going from cag?:cool:[/QUOTE]

If I can find parking in Chinatown. :bomb:

And if I can make it past the traffic at the UCLA Medical Center...

[quote name='distgfx']Wanfest? Is this an all online tournament or something? I don't see an address anywhere and assume the "WAN" in wanfest means something. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah its online only.

lol J your hate for Ryan lives on. Just fishhook him at evo, shit would be classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back