General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

[quote name='gunm']Right now I'm looking at Jedi Knight Collection, Torchlight, and maybe Trine from Steam. Trying to resist the urge to buy now and see if anything drops any more before the 2nd.

I installed the smaller/older games on my netbook, and will save the more graphically intense stuff for my main PC.[/QUOTE]

At the very least get torchlight, if you have any love for diablo-style games.

[quote name='Maklershed']Ohh nice .. Dead Space 2 pre-order is $49.25. I think I shall use my credit on that.

Because I don't know what one of the worst consoles of this gaming generation uses for memory?

a) Get a life

b) Get off my nuts[/QUOTE]

I meant that the Go is powered by pure fucking stupidity.

Mak I luv u

[quote name='heavyd853']Gun jack has one on a trade with Lee :)

I think theres a devil/hwo one too but I could be nuts.

DR would probably be the best if sidestepping wasnt so gross, or something like that.

BR is pretty fucking tight though.[/QUOTE]

That's like the equivalent of calling the Headbutt Carnival an infinite, thoiugh. :lol:

So lonely here. Office is a ghost town.
Here's my view. Few cars in the garage so I got the nice open space down there.

n4f3vl.jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I meant that the Go is powered by pure fucking stupidity.[/QUOTE]
Actually I think the GO is a decent handheld that's just to expensive.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Actually I think the GO is a decent handheld that's just to expensive.[/QUOTE]

I just can't ever see the point, between being download-only, being incompatible with my UMDs, and the fact that barely anything comes out for PSP.

Also not using all these pro duos i bought, fuck sony.

[quote name='dallow']So lonely here. Office is a ghost town.
Here's my view. Few cars in the garage so I got the nice open space down there.

n4f3vl.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That is a nice view. Do you like having the office all to yourself? I love days like that.

Also, that Gamfly sale is fucking insane. It's hard to spot myself from picking up Wolverine: Origins for $3.99 after my 5 GameFly dollars off.

[quote name='dallow']Anyone working today? Or tomorrow? Or on CHRISTMAS?![/QUOTE]

I have to work today, and a half day tomorrow (and I'm only an intern).

Oh well, I took off almost all next week so it will be nice

[quote name='dallow']Anyone working today? Or tomorrow? Or on CHRISTMAS?![/QUOTE]
I work retail so I'll be working all day tomorrow. Which sucks since I have an Italian family so we do everything on Christmas Eve...

I'm off Christmas Eve but I'm going into work for a few hours on Christmas night(I work overnights).It's no big deal since I volunteered to come in that night. My Boss was "nice" enough to arrange it so that we wouldn't take a truck on Christmas eve or Christmas but he needed people to come in to take care of a few things. I'm kind of glad I did now since the whole identity theft thing and I called out last week during that snowstorm(I was tired and wasn't keen on the idea of dig my car out of the snow at 6AM.)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That is a nice view. Do you like having the office all to yourself? I love days like that.[/QUOTE]Haha, yes. I walk around like I own the place.

And thanks, they moved us to a much nicer location a little while back.
Went outside today (such a nice day) and took these pics.

First one in front of my building where there is a storefront and hotel/condo, in the second one you can see my building on the right side.

axk9w9.jpg

15d2trn.jpg

[quote name='dallow']Haha, yes. I walk around like I own the place.

And thanks, they moved us to a much nicer location a little while back.
Went outside today (such a nice day) and took these pics.

First one in front of my building where there is a storefront and hotel/condo, in the second one you can see my building on the right side.

axk9w9.jpg

15d2trn.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Dude, that place looks fantastic. Absolutely beautiful scenery. Is it somewhere on the West coast?

Looks like a nice area Dallow.

Been burning through the UK version of the Genesis collection for the cheesemints. There's a few games on there I wish I'd had back in the day. Beyond Oasis would have been a good one and Kid Chameleon is surprisingly enjoyable.

[quote name='dallow']Boring old Dallas,Texas.
Gotta love manmade lakes. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, Dallow! That is the best looking manmade lake I've ever seen! Ya'll in Texas must have some great landscaping minds.

[quote name='dallow']Boring old Dallas,Texas.
Gotta love manmade lakes. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yea. That's why I decided that once im done in SA, im going back to Cali and up to Silicon Valley. There are times that I go crazy over here due to having nothing to do.

yay for GF sale! ordered DWG2

Probably going to start up The Saboteur today.

side note: My Christmas tree is delicious XD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='refusedchaos']yay for GF sale! ordered DWG2[/QUOTE]
Figured you would have had that already... Speaking of which I'm surprised I got like 65% of the trophies for that game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Figured you would have had that already... Speaking of which I'm surprised I got like 65% of the trophies for that game.[/QUOTE]

No, at the time it came out I was broke. ;_; Now that i got a job now, gotta buy one to play and a sealed one :]

[quote name='refusedchaos']Yea. That's why I decided that once im done in SA, im going back to Cali and up to Silicon Valley. There are times that I go crazy over here due to having nothing to do.[/QUOTE]
Ah, had no idea you were in San Antonio!
Or maybe I did and forgot. I guess not native huh?

[quote name='dallow']Ah, had no idea you were in San Antonio!
Or maybe I did and forgot. I guess not native huh?[/QUOTE]

Yea, im going to college over there. No, not native but have family over there so it isnt so bad.

I can't decide whether I like Madworld or not. At times it seems brilliant, at other times, really really archaic.

Attempted to get Bayonetta at Best Buy today. No luck. They had copies, but "couldn't find them".

I suppose that's reasonable.

Spirit Tracks is pretty fun! Got the Compendium of Walking Dead for christmas and been enjoying that too.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I can't decide whether I like Madworld or not. At times it seems brilliant, at other times, really really archaic.[/QUOTE]

same here. I need to go back and finish it. The boss fights are where it shines really.

I know this might not make most sense to people, but it does feel alot like God Hand... especially when you start dodging.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']same here. I need to go back and finish it. The boss fights are where it shines really.
[/QUOTE]

The game is only around 4 hours long from what I remember, so you wouldn't be wasting too much time finishing it. It's definitely a game that some will love (including me), but not everyone.

I just started up Brutal Legend and God.. I don't know why it took me so long to play it. It's so ridiculously good. I've got a full-on addiction... I don't know if I'll be able to pull myself away long enough to even try out Prototype.

Prototype+Brutal Legend -

The two best flawed games of this year. Loved them both. They're both kinda bad.

Yeah, games that play bad still can be good or great games. I hate how some people say it's all gameplay or nothing... sometimes bad or no gameplay dosnt matter when everything else is done right.

Killer7 honestly dosn't play that great and is alright in terms of gameplay, but man, that was one huge monumental game in my life for everything it did.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Bruce/Kaz indeed have a 100% tag juggle in TTT. If I am not mistaken there is at least 1 other tag juggle 100%.[/QUOTE]

Link? If it exists at all, I'm sure it's some off-axis / only against True Ogre style shit.

Waking up early and scared you're late for work, then slowly realizing you don't have to go in..... Greatest feeling in the world.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Killer7 honestly dosn't play that great and is alright in terms of gameplay, but man, that was one huge monumental game in my life for everything it did.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me I picked Killer7 up this past summer and still haven't played it yet. Is it a very long game?

[quote name='dallow']Waking up early and scared you're late for work, then slowly realizing you don't have to go in..... Greatest feeling in the world.[/QUOTE]

You've got issues if that's the greatest feeling in the world. ;)
I'm pretty sure most male's lists would be topped by "waking up to a BJ".
And if it's not at the top, it's certainly higher than "have a stroke because I'm late followed by relief because I realized I'm off." :lol:

[quote name='Krymner']That reminds me I picked Killer7 up this past summer and still haven't played it yet. Is it a very long game?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so... but I could be wrong.

I'm playing CoD: MW2 on both PS3 and 360 almost everyday. Right now I'm just trying to rack up my level on both and unlock stuff. I wore my MW2 shirt into work the other day finding out more people had it, so I got them added to my buddy list.

It's funny because I look at my PS3 trophy level and Xbox 360 achievement score as being way too low (Level 10 and 7000), but all my friends in reality have much less than me.

Also finally bought a PSP Mini's game for my Go, Field Runners. Played it on both PS3 and PSP and really love it.

I'm also working on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, but I'm stuck on a boss in Chapter 4 (can't figure out how to damage it). Due to being stuck, I may just play God of War Collection instead today or trophy whore in DW6 Empires (PS3 version).

I did have to work until the 23rd of December. I'm off the rest of the year until next year, but I have to go a few days unpaid since my paid vacations don't go into effect until next year. :whistle2:( Kind of sucks, but at least I'll get plenty of vacation to travel places next year. I also have to remember to schedule to get my vision checked for the first time since 1992 (people tell me I better get them checked since I now have the insurance and have issues). :whistle2:(

[quote name='Krymner']That reminds me I picked Killer7 up this past summer and still haven't played it yet. Is it a very long game?[/QUOTE]
Not really. The game slows down quite a bit if you stop off to talk to Iwazaru all the time. Some of the ghosts - Susie, Travis, etc. - are worth speaking to, but Iwazaru and and the mask guy (Hyun?) can usually be skipped. They can be quite entertaining at times, but they're also slow as fuck.

Susie and Travis are still bitchin', though.

bread's done
Back