GGT 207 is full of lazy, boardgame playing jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Crotch']Why the hell are railroads in the modern era, on par with flight? Not gonna have them 'til the god damn 1900s.

C'MON CIV 5 GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.[/QUOTE]

Just play Civ 4 and quit complaining :p

[quote name='ihadFG']Since Mikey and Joel are both new to the game, it would probably be best to be on by 9:30 EST tomorrow to explain things. The plan is to start the actual game at 10:30ish since that's when j-cart gets home.[/QUOTE]
Do I have to download anything to play?

You know what I've always wanted from Halo? A Republic Commando/strategic military FPS where you have to handle your squad. Why the fuck haven't we gotten this yet? Seems like a no-brainer. Just set it in the early days of the Spartan program and shit would be grand.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Do I have to download anything to play?[/QUOTE]

You have to download Vassal:

http://www.vassalengine.org/

And this module:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Battlestar_Galactica:_The_Board_Game

Not the expansions.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You know what I've always wanted from Halo? A Republic Commando/strategic military FPS where you have to handle your squad. Why the fuck haven't we gotten this yet? Seems like a no-brainer. Just set it in the early days of the Spartan program and shit would be grand.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is similar at all, but one of my favorite things in BLOPS 2 is a strategy/fps hybrid thing called Strike Force missions. You are basically in control of a bunch of soldiers/robots/turrets and can tell them where to move and attack in real time from overhead, but then you can (and should) take control of individual units as well.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Do I have to download anything to play?[/QUOTE]

No. Your play session will be powered entirely by your imagination.

I downloadeed Vassal, guys... I don't think I'm down for BSG, but if you guys do Cards Against Humanity again, I'd probably be in if I'm around.

BOOST COMBO!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']You know what I've always wanted from Halo? A Republic Commando/strategic military FPS where you have to handle your squad. Why the fuck haven't we gotten this yet? Seems like a no-brainer. Just set it in the early days of the Spartan program and shit would be grand.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I wish they would focus on aspects of the fiction outside of Master Chief.

Sony Smash is $20 at Gamestop. Worth it?

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Sony Smash is $20 at Gamestop. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Fat Princess, FAT PRINCESS!

Also no vassal gaming for me tonight.

[quote name='ihadFG']You have to download Vassal:

http://www.vassalengine.org/

And this module:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Battlestar_Galactica:_The_Board_Game

Not the expansions.

I don't know if this is similar at all, but one of my favorite things in BLOPS 2 is a strategy/fps hybrid thing called Strike Force missions. You are basically in control of a bunch of soldiers/robots/turrets and can tell them where to move and attack in real time from overhead, but then you can (and should) take control of individual units as well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, downloading and I'll be ready for tonight! I'll also download cards against Humanity while I'm at it!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No. Your play session will be powered entirely by your imagination.

I downloadeed Vassal, guys... I don't think I'm down for BSG, but if you guys do Cards Against Humanity again, I'd probably be in if I'm around.

BOOST COMBO![/QUOTE]
Sweeeeet. You should play with us on Cards Against Humanity. I'm sure it'd be fun.

BOOST COMBO.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I agree. I wish they would focus on aspects of the fiction outside of Master Chief.

I wish they would, too. I liked Reach, but SO MUCH MORE COULD BE DONE. Goddammnit. I want a piece of the action. Give me the IP and let me run wild!
Isn't it only th Vita version though? Blech.

Well if j-cart isn't gonna be on, how about we try to have everyone on by 9PM EST? We can explain the rules to Joel and Mikey and then start playing as soon as we finish that.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Sony Smash is $20 at Gamestop. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Vita only, right? I'd pay $20 for a PS3 copy that came with the Vita download, but not $20 for the Vita version alone.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks, downloading and I'll be ready for tonight! I'll also download cards against Humanity while I'm at it!

Isn't it only th Vita version though? Blech.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the Vita version? It's 60fps, has solid online, and cross play. From my experience with the demos, the game was superior on the Vita, at least 90% of the time.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I agree. I wish they would focus on aspects of the fiction outside of Master Chief.

That's only the Vita version.

So I texted Hank and Uraizen:

Me: Rumour has it the PS+ update tomorrow will give us SSF4AE for free... I knew you'd want to know, as it's what you've been hoping would happen since you bought + 1:29 PM
Uraizen: Those dirty cocksuckers

That's about what I'd expected... :cool:

So... me, Josh, Joel, linkpwns(?), Indignate(?), and Panzer(?) for BSG at 9 EST? I guess? If new players wanna hop on Skype a little earlier (Skype name's just "the.crotch") so I can explain things before everyone else shows up, that'd be cool.
[quote name='j-cart']Just play Civ 4 and quit complaining :p[/QUOTE]
Corruption 4? No thanks.

And it didn't really matter how long it took to research railroad because I forgot that I had all my workers on sleep for a long-ass time after that anyway.

I haven't watched any yet, but I am done with this semester very soon, so I'll probably marathon a bunch of the show next week.

tumblr_m6ogws72OL1qgjx36o1_1280.png

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So I texted Hank and Uraizen:

Me: Rumour has it the PS+ update tomorrow will give us SSF4AE for free... I knew you'd want to know, as it's what you've been hoping would happen since you bought + 1:29 PM
Uraizen: Those dirty cocksuckers

That's about what I'd expected... :cool:[/QUOTE]

Anyone going to actually play it? :X

[quote name='jello44']Anyone going to actually play it? :X[/QUOTE]

I figured you would prefer to play P4A with me. Ask Josh how fun it is to fight Ibuki in AE.

[quote name='distgfx']I figured you would prefer to play P4A with me. Ask Josh how fun it is to fight Ibuki in AE.[/QUOTE]

We still need to do that sometime. Maybe after the new year when my work schedule stops being so retarded.

[quote name='distgfx']I figured you would prefer to play P4A with me. Ask Josh how fun it is to fight Ibuki in AE.[/QUOTE]

About as fun as fighting against weaboo bullet hell in BBCSE.

Also who do you play as in P4A?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Pot. Kettle. Black.[/QUOTE]

Well his avatar inspired me to change mine.

[quote name='whoknows']She's got something on her face.[/QUOTE]

Pussy.

[quote name='ihadFG']About as fun as fighting against weaboo bullet hell in BBCSE.[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean? Tager only has one projectile.

[quote name='Indignate']
What does this even mean? Tager only has one projectile.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about Mu.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']15 days until my birthday. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Your bday is on Christmas?

I'm not actually going to explain how to play BSG tonight. I'm just going to spend three hours ranting about the F-35 fighter jet on Skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back