GGT 218 got a picture of CheapyD tattoo'd on its inner thigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']You never played that with us? We were playing it pretty frequently when it came out.[/QUOTE]

I've been itching to play again lately. Let's set something up soon?

Ahaha Blizzard is doing this big streaming event for Heart of the Swarm and right now they're talking about plot and lore and the challenges of storytelling in RTS.

Maybe it'd be less challenging if you didn't hire your writers from fanfiction.net, god dammit.

[quote name='The Crotch']Maybe it'd be less challenging if you didn't hire your writers from fanfiction.net, god dammit.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_lryc0cmE8V1qbt8o1.jpg

The only two plots Blizzard has ever done:

1. Thing is good. Thing gets corrupted. Thing is now bad.

2. Thing is bad. Thing used to be good but was corrupted. Source of corruption is destroyed. Thing is good again.

EDIT: "Our passion is storytelling." - Some guy from Blizzard, without a hint of irony.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can't play without them any more... don't know how I ever lived without them, honestly... especially since I prefer my PS3 and DS3 to the 360.
I have a set on both my controllers -- the only annoying thing is sometimes if you can manage to knock one off during gameplay (I've done this like 8 times during Rising, it's aggravating), but 98% of the time, they stay on well and work amazingly. I pretty sure Hank and Uraizen use them too.[/QUOTE]

I've got 'em too. Once you have them, it's weird to try playing without them. The only way I've knocked them off is by dropping my controller on the floor accidentally.

[quote name='icebeast']Yeah, I didn't really enjoy any of the boss levels in that game, I found them all fairly aggravating; the final level of the main story especially so. After I finished that level I didn't really have any motivation to go back and get all of the teeth, so I'll probably never actually play through the additional world. The game wasn't bad, I certainly enjoyed parts of it, but there were still a lot of parts of it that I found frustrating that I'd never want to play through again.[/QUOTE]

The last level was actually my favorite in the whole game. I also really liked the chase levels, so I guess that game is a hit or miss in a lot of ways for different people.

Haven't touched it. Does Tyrael get corrupted this time? Maybe Cain? fuck it, let's just make the cow level canon. Corrupted cows. You have to destroy the Cow Stone to free the once noble race.

Man fuck Microsoft. I kinda want El Shaddai, and it's $3. I also have 240 MS points in my account, which equals $3. But if you try to pay in points, they jack the price up to 400 points. :bomb:

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, the bosses were pretty aggravating too. But the auto scrolling sections and disappearing platform sections were the final straw for me as they just don't mesh well with the loose controls. The bosses were mostly just taking time to memorize patterns, though still some control quirks there that lead to deaths..[/QUOTE]

Well I meant more the boss stage as the whole package, since almost all of them had an intro or outro or both part with a chase sequence which was super hard, and then you also get to fight a boss along with it. The boss in the fire and ice area was especially bad.

[quote name='ihadFG']The last level was actually my favorite in the whole game. I also really liked the chase levels, so I guess that game is a hit or miss in a lot of ways for different people.[/QUOTE]

I liked the levels which were slower paced where I could take my time and screw around and just check things out, the game was really beautiful and that was probably my favorite part about it.

[quote name='distgfx']You never played that with us? We were playing it pretty frequently when it came out.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I got it when it dropped in price a couple of weeks after you guys and never played with any of you.

[quote name='GUNNM']Its a shame more H/S games aren't on sale. I need to finish dante's inferno[/QUOTE]
That does suck. You should try GS. I got a copy there in December for $2.99.

[quote name='GUNNM']What's with the dredd/lollipop chainsaw sig?[/QUOTE]
AWESOMENESS, THAT'S WHAT.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've been itching to play again lately. Let's set something up soon?[/QUOTE]
I'm good with that.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Man fuck Microsoft. I kinda want El Shaddai, and it's $3. I also have 240 MS points in my account, which equals $3. But if you try to pay in points, they jack the price up to 400 points. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Just wait. It'll be on sale all week and they're supposedly working to fix it.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Finally! Somebody who gets the reference! :applause:[/QUOTE]
I dunno how far you go back but there's a dude who hasn't posted here in a while who wears a half a hulk face av

[quote name='CaptainJoel']

That does suck. You should try GS. I got a copy there in December for $2.99.

AWESOMENESS, THAT'S WHAT.

[/QUOTE]

I'll probably just rent it one day.

I liked the remake more than the original.

[quote name='GUNNM']
I'll probably just rent it one day.

I liked the remake more than the original.[/QUOTE]
As you should. The original was awful.

[quote name='GUNNM']I dunno how far you go back but there's a dude who hasn't posted here in a while who wears a half a hulk face av
[/QUOTE]

Not far, I just found out about this thread thanks to CaptainJoel *what's up man!*. But I am active on this site.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Not far, I just found out about this thread thanks to CaptainJoel *what's up man!*. But I am active on this site.[/QUOTE]
Very nice to see a new face around here, bro.

---------------
Hey, Uraizen or Hank... Do either of you know anything about the Injustice fightstick? I'm thinking about preordering the $150 edition of the game, but it only comes with a fightstick that I know nothing about aside from the fact that it looks super sweet.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's made by PDP, so I'd steer clear until impressions are out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Gonna just preorder the $99 version for now then.

[quote name='icebeast']Well I meant more the boss stage as the whole package, since almost all of them had an intro or outro or both part with a chase sequence which was super hard, and then you also get to fight a boss along with it. The boss in the fire and ice area was especially bad.

I liked the levels which were slower paced where I could take my time and screw around and just check things out, the game was really beautiful and that was probably my favorite part about it.[/QUOTE]

Yep on both. That fire and ice level/boss was a pain. And I also much preferred the slow paced levels.

My all time favorite platformer was Super Mario World (with SMB 3 a close 2nd) as it's mostly slower paced levels, lots of exploring to find the keys and secret exits etc. Where as I never cared for the Sonic games as they were more just twitch action.

So it's really just what type of game play you like. Really you have to like both types of gameplay to really get into Rayman Origins as there's lots of slow levels then a bunch of twitch action levels chasing stuff or being chased to deal with thrown in. And those to me were far more annoying than something Sonic since the controls just weren't very tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TurkFebruary']Not far, I just found out about this thread thanks to CaptainJoel *what's up man!*. But I am active on this site.[/QUOTE]
I meant on the show.

Man, I remember back when Wings of Liberty was still in development Blizzard made a big deal about how they were combining medics and dropships so that they could be used in conjunction with XxX_ReApErS_XxX.

It was a good joke.

The joke being that no player has ever used a medivac to heal a reaper ever in the history of the game ever ever.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Very nice to see a new face around here, bro.

---------------
Hey, Uraizen or Hank... Do either of you know anything about the Injustice fightstick? I'm thinking about preordering the $150 edition of the game, but it only comes with a fightstick that I know nothing about aside from the fact that it looks super sweet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's made by PDP, so I'd steer clear until impressions are out.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='dmaul1114']...since the controls just weren't very tight.[/QUOTE]

I somehow think your definition of tight and mine must be radically different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_PwtwkW-es

Considering there's pretty much 0 room for error in the bonus level and these guys are putting up no death runs of it... seems like it's "tight" enough to me.

--

Joel, PSN sale is trash.

Best PSN Exclusive Game
Journey (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $10.49; PS Plus price: $7.34)
Best PSN Game
The Walking Dead – Season Pass (Episodes 1-5) (Regular price: $19.99; Sale price: $13.99; PS Plus price: $9.79)
Best Indie Game
Best PS3 Full Game
Assassin’s Creed III (Regular price: $59.99; Sale price: $49.99; PS Plus price: $34.99)
Best PS Vita Game
Gravity Rush (Regular price: $35.99; Sale price: $24.99; PS Plus price: FREE)
Best PSP Game
Unchained Blades (Regular price: $29.99; Sale price: $20.99; PS Plus price: $14.69$)
Best PlayStation Classic
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $7.49; PS Plus price: $5.99)
Best mini Game
Velocity (Regular price: $4.99; Sale price: $3.49; PS Plus price: $2.44)
Best PlayStation Move Enabled Game
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Regular price: $29.99; Sale price: $23.99; PS Plus price: $21.59)
Best Competitive Multiplayer Game
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $10.49; PS Plus price: $7.34)

I can't honestly recommend anything from that list. Velocity is fuck-all amazing, but they're making Velocity Ultra as a full-fledged Vita game due out in May, and Velocity was once free on PS+ so if you've been a member long enough, you've already got it.

Turk kicks it around in the Gameshare thread a lot.

I like him. He should stay.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks! Gonna just preorder the $99 version for now then.[/QUOTE]

I wish we were getting the UK statue for that version, I'm not that into the US statue.

[quote name='GUNNM']The UK statue is way better[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not even a contest.
Though it's pretty much the only reason I'd buy Injustice at this point. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Considering there's pretty much 0 room for error in the bonus level and these guys are putting up no death runs of it... seems like it's "tight" enough to me.[/QUOTE]

After watching that video I've determined I will not ever bother with trying to even reach those levels, haha, I could feel my dread of them just by watching someone play through them flawlessly.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, it's not even a contest.
Though it's pretty much the only reason I'd buy Injustice at this point. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I just don't like Wonder Woman's costume in the US one.

I'm actually kind of interested in the game, but we'll see what I think about it as we get closer to when it comes out. Me and Joel will at least be able to play together if I get it. :grouphug:

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm not even sure what wonderwoman has wrapped around batman's neck[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're joking, but if not
it's her lasso.

I didn't notice it wasn't attached to I guess a missile. I thought it was wrapped around batman's neck and she was gonna throw it

[quote name='GUNNM']I didn't notice it wasn't attached to I guess a missile. I thought it was wrapped around batman's neck and she was gonna throw it[/QUOTE]

wat

igaucetall.jpeg

I thought her lasso was attached the missile and she was gonna throw it. I just noticed it was a missile because of the smoke trail simple mistake really :)

The Uk one is still better

Metroid Other M for $5!
Team ninja + nintendo what could go wrong

[quote name='Indignate']You mean Devil Triggered Dante.[/QUOTE]
He has white hair not DT'd

I've played the first 4 DMC's I don't recall him ever with punk black hair.

I'm gonna upgrade my internet from 8 gb's to 64gb's. Any females impressed?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Joel, PSN sale is trash.

Best PSN Exclusive Game
Best PSN Game
The Walking Dead – Season Pass (Episodes 1-5) (Regular price: $19.99; Sale price: $13.99; PS Plus price: $9.79)
Best Indie Game
Best PS3 Full Game
Assassin’s Creed III (Regular price: $59.99; Sale price: $49.99; PS Plus price: $34.99)
Best PS Vita Game
Gravity Rush (Regular price: $35.99; Sale price: $24.99; PS Plus price: FREE)
Best PSP Game
Unchained Blades (Regular price: $29.99; Sale price: $20.99; PS Plus price: $14.69$)
Best PlayStation Classic
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $7.49; PS Plus price: $5.99)
Best mini Game
Velocity (Regular price: $4.99; Sale price: $3.49; PS Plus price: $2.44)
Best PlayStation Move Enabled Game
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Regular price: $29.99; Sale price: $23.99; PS Plus price: $21.59)
Best Competitive Multiplayer Game
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $10.49; PS Plus price: $7.34)

I can't honestly recommend anything from that list. Velocity is fuck-all amazing, but they're making Velocity Ultra as a full-fledged Vita game due out in May, and Velocity was once free on PS+ so if you've been a member long enough, you've already got it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the only thing I'm buying is Walking Dead. I have no interest in Journey or anything else, really. I can't believe people actually voted for that shit either. I mean, San Andreas over Persona 3? Dafuq? I got three copies of that shit and I seriously didn't know one person that voted for it. Could not possibly be more disappointed in this fucking sale.

On the other hand, I'm still buying Sony Smash since PSN has that deal going on where you spend $50 and get $10 back.

[quote name='icebeast']I wish we were getting the UK statue for that version, I'm not that into the US statue.[/QUOTE]
So do I. I'm not that into the US version, but I'm still excited to get a hard copy of the comic. Shit's great.

[quote name='GUNNM']I've played the first 4 DMC's I don't recall him ever with punk black hair.[/QUOTE]

Those got retconned, they don't matter anymore.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, the only thing I'm buying is Walking Dead. I have no interest in Journey or anything else, really. I can't believe people actually voted for that shit either. I mean, San Andreas over Persona 3? Dafuq? I got three copies of that shit and I seriously didn't know one person that voted for it. Could not possibly be more disappointed in this fucking sale.

On the other hand, I'm still buying Sony Smash since PSN has that deal going on where you spend $50 and get $10 back.
[/QUOTE]

I will not spend more than $20 on Sony Smash.
And I don't think people got the memo that (1) you should vote for games you don't own so they go on sale and (2) VOTE FOR THE fuckING GAMES YOU WANT TO GO ON SALE. I should think just about anyone who wanted to play AC3 already bought and played it. And I'm guessing they really liked trading it in when they were done with it. OH LOOK, I CAN GET A "LIKE NEW" COPY ON HALF.COM FOR $23.24. fuck YOUR $34.99 DIGITAL PURCHASE THAT WILL NOT TRANSFER TO THE PS4 IN 9 MONTHS.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I will not spend more than $20 on Sony Smash.
And I don't think people got the memo that (1) you should vote for games you don't own so they go on sale and (2) VOTE FOR THE fuckING GAMES YOU WANT TO GO ON SALE. I should think just about anyone who wanted to play AC3 already bought and played it. And I'm guessing they really liked trading it in when they were done with it. OH LOOK, I CAN GET A "LIKE NEW" COPY ON HALF.COM FOR $23.24. fuck YOUR $34.99 DIGITAL PURCHASE THAT WILL NOT TRANSFER TO THE PS4 IN 9 MONTHS.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think most people didn't understand we were voting for a sale and not just GOTY awards. fuckin' stupid, but what can you do? I even went on all of my alt accounts and voted for the shit I wanted and nothing except Walking Dead won and that was pretty much a done deal from the minute it was a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back