Jesus_S_Preston was too afraid to perform (GGT #)69!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If VIII is any higher than last on your list you've failed.[/quote]
My list sadly ends with VIII because it was so awful I gave up on Final Fantasy. I owned 12 for a short time, but since it didn't really sound very Final Fantasy-ish I dumped it sealed. Should I grab X at some point? IX has always looked like something that would float my boat, but PS1 graphics now? Yuck.

So, my short list:

VI, IV, VII, V, I, III, VIII

1 gets the nod over 3 due to nostalgia.

[quote name='botticus']My list sadly ends with VIII because it was so awful I gave up on Final Fantasy. I owned 12 for a short time, but since it didn't really sound very Final Fantasy-ish I dumped it sealed. Should I grab X at some point? IX has always looked like something that would float my boat, but PS1 graphics now? Yuck.
[/quote]

I didn't like the combat system in XII so it went to the bottom of the list. X is like $10 now, so pick it up.

IX has aged well, better then the other PS1 FFs for sure. The hand-drawn backgrounds still look great, the characters are fun, the 4 person party makes for lots of variety, and the story is pretty good and understandable.

I think I need to go back and edit my list... I thought about it a bit more, FF8 got a higher spot because it was the first one I played. The rest were not graded on nostalgia... going to edit.

Tactics, then FF8, then a random oblivion. Tactics is what I always consider JRPGs should strive for in a story.

and yeah, FF8 was/is underated. Even if the story sucked, the gameplay was the best the series has seen before FFXII

VI
IV
XII
VII
III
V

VI is by far my favorite FF with an intriguing storyline, and one of the best villains behind Luca Blight. I never played enough of VIII-X to really justify a vote, but needless to say I didn't enjoy any of what I did play.

[quote name='gunm']I dig the Aya model. You do that, RR?[/quote]

I wish. I wish I did this also:

medium_saksnake.jpg

Morning GGT. Decide what I should, besides with myself. That is a given. ;) Vomit fourth random games, if I have it, I will play it.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Peace out guys.

I know I wasn't exactly liked here, but it was fun, and I'll miss some of you.[/quote]

Don't go. It is a madhouse here. Add to the fun!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So what happened to TMK?[/quote]
I guess you guys made fun of his topic title too much?

Yeah, to be honest, 90% of you guys here can be asses if you aren't already. Again though, anyone coming in to this thread should know that before they even come in.

Hopefully the DS is replaced by a competent 3D system by the time the FFVI remake comes out. FFIV is soooo ugly... love the game, but it looks like ass.

I hope SE puts the FFVII remake on the Wii or 360 and not the PS3. I seriously want to go outside and hear the internet break in half over the news.

Which console are people gonna get FF XIII on, if you have the choice?

I'll be getting the 360 version, for the cheesemints if nothing else.
Plus at the mo I ain't got that triple.

[quote name='Kendal']I hope SE puts the FFVII remake on the Wii or 360 and not the PS3. I seriously want to go outside and hear the internet break in half over the news.[/quote]

I wouldn't due to the fact that it would break so many backs of gaming sites they'd all turn into the equivalent of Gamefaqs.

[quote name='Chacrana']Whichever one's better.

Which probably won't be the PS3, because apparently, it's a worthless sack of shit.[/quote]

:lol: I think your heart is broken and that's why you say that. come back and say that in a year or so impatient people.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wouldn't due to the fact that it would break so many backs of gaming sites they'd all turn into the equivalent of Gamefaqs.

:lol: I think your heart is broken and that's why you say that. come back and say that in a year or so impatient people.[/quote]

Oh I'll be here.

And you'll be here, too.

In corpse form.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wouldn't due to the fact that it would break so many backs of gaming sites they'd all turn into the equivalent of Gamefaqs.

:lol: I think your heart is broken and that's why you say that. come back and say that in a year or so impatient people.[/QUOTE]

Dude, people totally said that same shit a year ago.

I'm starting to realize that the good games on the horizon for the PS3 are White Knight Story and the Final Fantasy games, and that's it. It's pathetic. I think I'll actually have more worthwhile games on the 360 when this gen is over, and I've got 3 games on that system right now.

This isn't like with the PS2 where the first 6 months were slow and then there was an avalanche of quality. This system just sucks. Its hardware is shit, and its library is shit.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']ReRo, what PS3 games are you looking forward to?[/quote]

Little Big Planet
Battle Phantasia
Blaz Blu
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Pixeljunk Dungeon
Home
Fat Princess
flOwer
that gardening game
Aquanauts Holiday
Afrika
Team Ico game
and other things that escape my mind

the multiplatform stuff really bils down to controls for me. I don't really care if the performance is slightly better on the 360, but as long as it's near similar on both platforms, PS3 takes my vote...

there's alot of 360 wants I have as well so don't think I'm the new TMK :lol:

Tis a shame that all those fighting games except for Battle Fantasia are out next year. But I'll sure as hell buy Battle Fantasia.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Little Big Planet
Battle Phantasia
Blaz Blu
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Pixeljunk Dungeon
Home
Fat Princess
flOwer
that gardening game
Aquanauts Holiday
Afrika
Team Ico game

the multiplatform stuff really bils down to controls for me. I don't really care if the performance is slightly better on the 360, but as long as it's near similar on both platforms, PS3 takes my vote...

there's alot of 360 wants I have as well so don't think I'm the new TMK :lol:[/quote]

Whut.

Yeah, but really, I can't muster up a single bit of excitement for any of those titles except the Team ICO game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I guess you guys made fun of his topic title too much?[/QUOTE]
He could've chosen a better FFVII quote, that's for sure. I would've gone with Barret's "Ain't no stoppin' this GGT train 'till we get to the end of the line."

I didn't even post in that thread... was away for pretty much the whole weekend.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wouldn't due to the fact that it would break so many backs of gaming sites they'd all turn into the equivalent of Gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding? That would be awesome. I'd make myself a bowl of popcorn and watch the internet explode. It'd be like the FFXIII 360 announcement all over again, but better :lol:

I dunno... half those games are for stoners :lol:

The Team Ico game will prolly be cool, but right now it's a piece of concept art; not a game.

[quote name='gunm']Gah, another batch of free time consumed by WoW. I wanted to DL the Burnout Paradise patch for 360. I guess I will try it tomorrow night. :p[/QUOTE]

You've got to cut that out. I mean, for your own good. WoW will never do anything but break your heart and leave you empty.

Level 70 Priest speaking from two years of pain.

Battle Phantasia
Blaz Blu
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Pixeljunk Dungeon
Home
Fat Princess
flOwer
that gardening game
Aquanauts Holiday
Afrika
Team Ico game
[/quote]

I see a few PS3 games I want on your list along with Valkyria Chronicles. Also, Home is a lie. It'll never come out in the US. :lol:

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']FF VI was ok. I stopped playing before the last dungeon since I hated the fact that they are forcing me to use just about every party member... I'd have to grind for a while since I have never used most of them.[/quote]

fuck! fuck! fuck!

oh well, guess I'll be grinding a little.

[quote name='blueshinra']
Are you kidding? That would be awesome. I'd make myself a bowl of popcorn and watch the internet explode. It'd be like the FFXIII 360 announcement all over again, but better :lol:[/quote]

...all while your house melts >_<

and yeah, go bash PS3. It totally sensible where you guys are coming from, but in my forms of interest, it's a very good system.

Battle Phantasia
Blaz Blu
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Pixeljunk Dungeon
Home
Fat Princess
flOwer
that gardening game
Aquanauts Holiday
Afrika
Team Ico game

there's alot of 360 wants I have as well so don't think I'm the new TMK :lol:[/quote]

I really like your list mainly the fighters.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']fuck.

I thought Castle Crashers was in two weeks, Galaga, fuck you.[/quote]

Galaga might turn out ok, it was done by the same people who did Pacman CE I think.

I wonder if Braid will be any good, it'll need to be 1200 points good.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']...all while your house melts >_<

and yeah, go bash PS3. It totally sensible where you guys are coming from, but in my forms of interest, it's a very good system.[/QUOTE]
Eh, don't know about anyone else, but I just find whining overdramatic fanboy antics entertaining, doesn't matter which side of the console wars they favor.

[quote name='blueshinra']Eh, don't know about anyone else, but I just find whining overdramatic fanboy antics entertaining, doesn't matter which side of the console wars they favor.[/quote]

true. I'm just scared of the aftermath.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, to be honest, 90% of you guys here can be asses if you aren't already. Again though, anyone coming in to this thread should know that before they even come in.[/quote]

I'm an ass, but a nice ass. Round and firm.

I don't mean to offend, never do. TMK knows we got

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm just disappointed in it because when it has a non-exclusive I want on it, it's always worse than another version.[/quote]

Sweet Tears, Sweet Sweet Tears.

Yea, it'll be fun vs scrubs.

But it's going to be painful when all of SD TEKKEN is in there trying to get some games in. AHHHHHHHHHH.

20 of us playing on one machine (most of us are good friends), each losing $1.50 every few minutes. I don't know how long it will last before we say, fuck wasting gas money lets go buy dinner!

So yea, I'll be sure to be there when no one else goes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back