Jesus_S_Preston was too afraid to perform (GGT #)69!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$1.50 per game is like... a lot. Shoot, if I played for 10 minutes, I'd probably lose enough money to buy a copy of the PS3 version.

So I'll wait for that PS3 version.

How could anyone get rid of their Saturn?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, to be honest, 90% of you guys here can be asses if you aren't already. Again though, anyone coming in to this thread should know that before they even come in.[/quote]No, anyone coming in should know that they're coming into the General Gaming Thread; they can come in here and talk games. What they're playing now, what they finished, what they liked or didn't like, what's coming out... Disagreements are cool, but the GGT shouldn't disolve into anything else, or it'll be on its way out. And that would stink.

Speaking of what's coming out, after four years, we're finally getting a onee chanabara title in the states? yay!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Peace out guys.

I know I wasn't exactly liked here, but it was fun, and I'll miss some of you.[/quote]Stay with us, N4E.

Hmm... so how does Streets of Rage 2 on XBLA compare to the original Genesis version? Does it look any better, or does it just use that 'tarded graphical filter?

If GGT ever ended, I'd shit my pants. Then I'd shit everyone else's pants. Then I'd have a good cry.

So it would be kind of like every Friday night.

[quote name='guinaevere']
Speaking of what's coming out, after four years, we're finally getting a onee chanabara title in the states? yay!
[/quote]

I thought I was thought only one happy about that? glad to see others happy :)

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... so how does Streets of Rage 2 on XBLA compare to the original Genesis version? Does it look any better, or does it just use that 'tarded graphical filter?[/quote]

don't know. I'm not a caviar-de-graffiks expert like you, but the game seems to have no issues. I played through it entirely and loved it like the original. You can kinda cheat a bit since it has a quicksave state feature like all known PC emus.

Is that how much arcade games cost these days, $1.50 ????

That seems a bit pricey even by my "old man who can remember SF II arriving in his local arcade" standards.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... so how does Streets of Rage 2 on XBLA compare to the original Genesis version? Does it look any better, or does it just use that 'tarded graphical filter?[/quote]

There is an "enhanced" mode but it's not that great, best to leave it off, apart from that it's exactly the same, except with the usual XBLA additions.

Question - I've got a vague recollection that in the Japanese version of Streets of Rage 3 (Bare Knuckle 3) you could get on the motorbikes after you'd knocked the rider off ??

Anyone confirm or deny ??
Also they had the gay dude as a boss instead of the kangaroo (I think)

[quote name='benjamouth']There is an "enhanced" mode but it's not that great, best to leave it off, apart from that it's exactly the same, except with the usual XBLA additions.

Question - I've got a vague recollection that in the Japanese version of Streets of Rage 3 (Bare Knuckle 3) you could get on the motorbikes after you'd knocked the rider off ??

Anyone confirm or deny ??
Also they had the gay dude as a boss instead of the kangaroo (I think)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Enhanced mode is always pretty bootleg. But it doesn't sound like they upconverted the graphics or anything, so I think I'll be sticking with the Sonic Gems Collection versions. Just wanted to find out if there was any reason to switch over.

As for the gay dude... I do remember an incredibly gay dude in one of the SOR games, but I don't remember which.

I also remember that you couldn't see Blaze's panties in SOR2 in the US, but she certainly shows them off in the Jap version.

Actually that stuff about the bikes was arse, I just checked the wiki.

The Japanese version had the characters in their proper colours though (from SOR 2) but it was a lot easier apparently.

Edit - I remember you could play as Shiva (the black suited karate guy) in SOR 3, he was ok but he had a really limited move set.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I thought I was thought only one happy about that? glad to see others happy :)[/quote]
Well I am kind of happy to see them come stateside as well.... I have been wanting to try one of those games out for a while.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I thought I was thought only one happy about that? glad to see others happy :)[/quote]

I can't wait for Onechanbara. Hopefully it will be out soon.

Jeezus, this thread can go really fast when it wants to.

Tonight I gotta try the Burnout Paradise update. Gotta. At least I got my new dranaei shammy up to 20. Ghost wolf!

[quote name='benjamouth']Actually that stuff about the bikes was arse, I just checked the wiki.

The Japanese version had the characters in their proper colours though (from SOR 2) but it was a lot easier apparently.

Edit - I remember you could play as Shiva (the black suited karate guy) in SOR 3, he was ok but he had a really limited move set.[/QUOTE]

Well I'd think the Japanese version is how it's supposed to be in terms of difficulty, especially when you consider how much stuff got hacked up in that series by Sega of America.

I loled at how sure you were of yourself, but then you went on to question yourself.

I wish Capcom would confirm that Poison is, indeed, a chick; not a tranny.

$1.50 a game is a lot, esp if games can last like 1-2 minutes. X_X

Console come soon plz.

I always wondered how much I'd hurt if I ended up buying the arcade board lol.

EVO2008 this weekend! I think I'm going to miss the SC IV online tourney here :( !

Anyone looking forward to Brian Ashcraft's Arcade Mania book that was mentioned last thread or a few pages back? I should get an early press review copy soon, I'm really looking forward to it. JAPANESE ARCADES!!!!!!!!!

CPS2

[quote name='Chacrana']I loled at how sure you were of yourself, but then you went on to question yourself.

I wish Capcom would confirm that Poison is, indeed, a chick; not a tranny.[/quote]

they did. They had a very good answer to it but I don't remember the exact words.

[quote name='Chacrana']
I wish Capcom would confirm that Poison is, indeed, a chick; not a tranny.[/quote]

It's okay. I didn't know any better either.

/comforts Chacrana

[quote name='Chacrana']Well I'd think the Japanese version is how it's supposed to be in terms of difficulty, especially when you consider how much stuff got hacked up in that series by Sega of America.[/quote]

Yeah I think thats right, apparently cos the USA version is so much harder it's more difficult to keep hold of the powered up attacks.

Damn it, I was thinking about getting The Club from Amazon as it was only $21 and they just put the price back up #-o

Arcade Mania US version is in Jan.

Japanese version (In English) will be published by Kodansha and release late Sept. I believe.

[quote name='Chacrana']

Don't worry it was confirmed she is a tranny. :lol: But that isn't going to change the fact that I love Poison.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1.50 a game does suck. RI actually gets something cool by being one of the few places you can find a T6 machine, and I rarely play it because it's so expensive.

hmmm... I decided today is where I have time to clean my entire room and hang art i've been collecting from friends on my walls... I'll post pics of it when my room looks liveable later today.

Had crummy jury duty today. Was stuck there from 8:30-3 and none of the 65 jurors summoned were used as none of the trials on the docket when to jury trial. Oh well, least I'm done with that for 3 years--though I won't be in this county that long so I'll be in the pool somewhere else in a year or two.

Ironically, when I got home I had a subpoena to attend the trial for the suspect in an armed robbery that happened to my roommate and I in March--but I figured that was coming since the prosecutor had called and set up a meeting with us both on the 19th.

To get on topic, probably no game playing for me today, will probably hit one of my favorite bars for trivia night with my buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='refusedchaos']so Chac, you staying on the triple for SC4 or doing a 360?[/QUOTE]

Probably doing a 360, though still not decided quite yet.

[quote name='Hidden Fury']cuz chac plays a tournment lvl so to have like not even noticeable slowdown in his game is awful.[/quote]

even when the one with slowdown is the one used in tourneys... hmmm:whistle2:#

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']even when the one with slowdown is the one used in tourneys... hmmm:whistle2:#[/quote]

o snnnnnaaaaaaaaaaap?

[quote name='Chacrana']Probably doing a 360, though still not decided quite yet.[/QUOTE]

ah fuck well guess ill never play ya then

haha Hidden Fury, i cant stop laughing at your avy...its badass!

Dark Sector can become a pain in the ass at points. I hate those dickheads with the shields. I got my season one of DBZ uncut and remastered. So I now have 925 minutes of kamehameha to watch.

[quote name='Kendal']Dark Sector can become a pain in the ass at points.[/QUOTE]

do the lil charge thingie to your glaive (or whatever its called) and when the guy stumbles, shoot him

[quote name='Chacrana']Probably doing a 360, though still not decided quite yet.[/quote]

oh shi---

you saw that downscaled stuff and changed your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back