Jesus_S_Preston was too afraid to perform (GGT #)69!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']W00t, I picked up my 3rd Saturn game. Yay. It was much cheaper than I'd anticipated.[/QUOTE]
If one of those games isn't Dragon Force you've failed.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If one of those games isn't Dragon Force you've failed.[/QUOTE]

I have literally zero interest in obtaining Dragon Force.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Chac I want to know what console you bought so hard.

Pics are pretty easy to take in this day and age, you know.[/QUOTE]

They are, but I have to wait for the packages to get here. It's difficult to take a pic of what I don't have in-hand yet.

Totally want to see Disaster Movie after watching the trailer.

Oh, I assumed you, like, bought it. Physically. As in, your sweaty, stained hands gave money to another pair of hands, and then you kissed on it.

If you're fucking serious about Disaster Movie, we aren't GGT-pals anymore.

[quote name='Chacrana']I have literally zero interest in obtaining Dragon Force.[/QUOTE]
1214530751488.jpg

I still don't have a Saturn boughted. I'm probably just going to wait until I've got all the game's I'm planning to get for the system, and then have a Saturn orgy.

Edit: You guys are making my system purchase sound a lot more interesting than it is. ya'll will prolly be disappointed. But now I'm back to not answering if anyone asks what I bot.

How much are Saturns going for?

I have one in my closet, with Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, NiGHTS, and Fighter's Megamix.

I really should get X-Men vs. Street Figher.

i got a few jap saturn games but no saturn...>_< i want one though...is there a "better" version of a saturn to buy that i dont know about?

Lol, I knew what it was like a second in. I loved Soul Edge and Soul Calibur

But seriously... while I like SC4 a lot, the series... Hell, and Namco, too, has really lost something over this last decade. I remember in the mid to late 90's when they could do no wrong...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm just pissed the "Transcending history and the world..." line isn't in SC4. What's up with that?[/quote]

GGT bought the rights to that quote last thread ;) We didn't let Namco use it for SC IV.

You know what Namco needs?

NAMCO-UNITY.

Capcom is shittin on em.

Gots a Skelly Saturn and a US one. Can't give ever give that shit up 'cause the shmups and fighters for it rule.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Peace out guys.

I know I wasn't exactly liked here, but it was fun, and I'll miss some of you.[/quote]

No need to go, GGT is a place that is open to all. Don't take the easy way out, come back and just post away or read, whatever you feel like :bouncy:

SNES

Gah, another batch of free time consumed by WoW. I wanted to DL the Burnout Paradise patch for 360. I guess I will try it tomorrow night. :p

Started up and played a little Xenosaga E1. The battle system is gonna take some getting used to, and the story seems like it is kinda slow to start, but I'll still give it a chance. Anyone know approximately how long it takes to complete? (Including watching the sure-to-be numerous cut-scenes.)

I also played a little more Warhawk. Getting a little better at the aircraft, but not much. The new Warhawk 1.5 update looks like it'll be nice, especially the tutorial missions and the trophy support. Too bad its not coming till the end of the month tho.

Mornin GGT,

Downloaded the Burnout Paradise patch last night then co-op'd online with a mate for a while, we were having a go at some of the timed challanges.

It's nice that you can do Road Rage and Marked Man online now but it was a bit pointless with only 2 people.

I like the timed challanges, although it was annoying when I missed one by like a second :bomb:. They were good fun.

Howdy all. Anyone know what the story is on Final Fantasy VII being available at Best Buy mid August? Did that guy just make that up or is there something behind that?

Morning GGT, I'm not in the mood to watch or play anything today even after telling myself that I would catch up on things... I hate when I get like this.

Makler: I think it was made up.

[quote name='Krymner']Started up and played a little Xenosaga E1. The battle system is gonna take some getting used to, and the story seems like it is kinda slow to start, but I'll still give it a chance. Anyone know approximately how long it takes to complete? (Including watching the sure-to-be numerous cut-scenes.)[/QUOTE]
It took me around 70 hours, IIRC, including the ridiculously long cutscenes.

[quote name='Maklershed']Howdy all. Anyone know what the story is on Final Fantasy VII being available at Best Buy mid August? Did that guy just make that up or is there something behind that?[/QUOTE]
No idea. I hope that if it's true, it means the game's finally been reprinted.

Speaking of which... Good morning GGT; more FFVII today. Finally picked it up again yesterday and played through Aeris' death. I'm most of the way through the Gaea's Cliff section right now.

Well in a way I'd like it to be true. I just started getting in to JRPGs thanks to Lost Odyssey and Persona 3 and I never played a Final Fantasy game before. And I heard that 7 was the best of the series. So I would like to see what all the fuss is about ... in 720p of course. :)

Makler: You might as well wait for the inevitable FF7 remake. Since the game really hasn't aged too well. Instead I'd go try the GBA FF ports or maybe the DS Remakes.

I have a friend playing through FFVII again on an HDTV and he says it looks terrible.

I don't know if it's the best FF, but it was my first and also my favorite; there's nothing else quite like it. The PS1 version's translation is kind of spotty, though (compared to the PC version, which I played first).

It's been getting some good reviews. I'm waiting for a deal/Pricedrop before I pick the game up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']Well in a way I'd like it to be true. I just started getting in to JRPGs thanks to Lost Odyssey and Persona 3 and I never played a Final Fantasy game before. And I heard that 7 was the best of the series. So I would like to see what all the fuss is about ... in 720p of course. :)[/quote]
Third best, actually.

Hopefully VI gets a DS remake for some improved sound over the GBA port.

FF VI was ok. I stopped playing before the last dungeon since I hated the fact that they are forcing me to use just about every party member... I'd have to grind for a while since I have never used most of them.

I started Lunar Knights for the DS...I'm quite surprised at the overall presentation. I like the anime style cutscenes. I wish the combat was a little more polished. It could just be the DS Lite's shitty diagonals that make it a little frustrating. I like that the game is a little harder than the standard fair though. It's funny because every time I feel like I don't want to play anymore I either get a little further or the game changes up a bit. Overall it's good though and I look forward to playing through it.

[quote name='blueshinra']It took me around 70 hours, IIRC, including the ridiculously long cutscenes.
[/QUOTE]
70 hours!? I finished it in 30-35 hours including the cutscenes.
[quote name='botticus']Third best, actually.[/QUOTE]
I'd put VII there too, but it's kind of misleading since there's a huge drop in quality between those 3 spots. So it's like:

FFIV
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
FFX
l
l
FFVII

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']70 hours!? I finished it in 30-35 hours including the cutscenes.[/QUOTE]
It might've been more like 50 hours; it's been so long that I don't quite remember *shrug*

Okay, you know what time it is! Rank the Final Fantasy Series! Brought to you by the GGT.

For reference, I did not include any Tactics or non jrpg spinoffs and ones I didn't play or didn't play enough of (I, II, VI)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back