Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

I had no problem connecting to matches in the beta but now I can't connect. I assume it's just due to all the people playing right now.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Has anyone tried there Socom 4 beta yet? I wanna sell it on ebay but mine says invalid when i input the code.[/QUOTE]

You're trying to sell the code, but you're also trying to input the code?

Hmmm....

[quote name='A Happy Panda']You're trying to sell the code, but you're also trying to input the code?

Hmmm....[/QUOTE]

On the ps3 you can "preview" what your downloading. When you enter the code the content shows up and then and the you have to press continue to download.

Found a glitch very early on in the first level.. I got blasted with a rocket and died after running up the stairs before the first cut scene and when it came back it put me under the destroyed building. Thought I could respawn out but it kept flinging me back into the rubble lol Tried to restart from checkpoint and restart section but same thing. Here's a quick (and boring) youtube video showing it. At :19, :47, and 1:07 you can see it sliding me back in everytime I respawn (sorry poor quality).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEpxm6A_FfQ&feature=player_profilepage

So, wait... I did the Home game for 3 points, and also pre-ordered from Amazon for the extra 3 unlock points, but the game is only showing 3 unlock points. Do you only get access to 3 point period, or am I missing 3 points for some reason?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']So, wait... I did the Home game for 3 points, and also pre-ordered from Amazon for the extra 3 unlock points, but the game is only showing 3 unlock points. Do you only get access to 3 point period, or am I missing 3 points for some reason?[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me.. I even hesitated before putting in the code thinking something might end up janky... oh well.

I had the same thing. I just blame Sony's general botching of this game. :lol: Fun game for sure, but way to bugged to be released. All this beta tests and we have still more issues to go.

[quote name='enufs8d'].

Snake - did you get your 24 x2 xp code by email? i ploppped down $5 preorder but havent received my code. supposedly the 24 hour code is 24 hour of actual online play. then thats a shit load of time.[/QUOTE]

No I did not get my code...

Odd I will give the store a call tomorrow.. a co worker was saying the code was in the box...

having a blast otherwise and I have not had a single issue.. it is tricky to join a squad however.. you need to basically go back to the start screen, open the xmb and then accept..

If you treat it like the beta it will not pull you into the squad from just anywhere, it will just basically not respond... now that I figured it out its easy, but was annoying at first.

They need more maps and pronto.

Too lazy to look through pages of older posts, so I'll ask a question that may have been answered:

I preordered from Amazon and got it today with prime release date delivery. Where the hell am I supposed to find my code for my 3 free points and free retro map pack download? It didn't come in the game case and I never received an email about it.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Too lazy to look through pages of older posts, so I'll ask a question that may have been answered:

I preordered from Amazon and got it today with prime release date delivery. Where the hell am I supposed to find my code for my 3 free points and free retro map pack download? It didn't come in the game case and I never received an email about it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon sent me an email with two codes... One for the 3 points and maps and another for the home avatar.

This is so sad. I spent awhile trying to play a game online. I could hear people talk but everyone was complaining it wouldn't start. Everyone was getting booted. I bought the game, eye camera, move wand and nav and the sharpshooter. I like buying games and trying new things but don't like getting fucked over by a game that can't support traffic

Just played MP for a lil bit over an hour. No connection issues at all and the 3 extra unlock points did show up (6 total). I think this rocketfish USB headset is doing ok without picking up my speaker noises either... not a bad $20 investment.

I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't release a free map pack soon though.. 3 maps for operations and 6-8 (if you have the retros) for the other modes? Child please...

I was very impressed with what I've seen out of Killzone 3 in 3D so far. The game looks breathtaking, especially when you turn off the HUD. The only problems I've seen is that some cutscenes have some ghosting and all the text that shows up is just a little off. I think I'm going to continue playing the single player in 3D, but it will probably take me awhile to beat it at this pace.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Ahh. Still learning the ways of my PS3. I bought it for Uncharted 2 and have literally only played it a handful of times since.[/QUOTE]

Maybe u should've learned the ways b4 u start calling people out.
Pretty rude if u ask me.

I actually didn't think the demo was that bad, but that was after connecting my XCM crossbattle adapter and wired 360 controller.

As for the designer of the Vehicles... WTF are you thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I am saying this, but someone managed to make a melee system even MORE broken than anything Call of Duty has ever seen. WOW. Not only is it certain death, but you get to stand there for 3 seconds while the animation plays, watching some guy teabag your soon to be corpse. Apparently when grabbed by the shoulders, soldiers lose all ability to shoot their weapon, so the guy 3 inches in front of you, in front of your guns barrel has nothing to worry about. Wow.

[quote name='nddave']Maybe u should've learned the ways b4 u start calling people out.
Pretty rude if u ask me.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Anyway, picked it up last night. GS employee was nice enough to give me the pre-order code even without a pre-order.

[quote name='QiG']Just played MP for a lil bit over an hour. No connection issues at all and the 3 extra unlock points did show up (6 total). I think this rocketfish USB headset is doing ok without picking up my speaker noises either... not a bad $20 investment.

I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't release a free map pack soon though.. 3 maps for operations and 6-8 (if you have the retros) for the other modes? Child please...[/QUOTE]

Yeah the lack of maps is terrible. I figured they would be all about map packs because they seemed to be with the last game which is disappointing.

Though one thing is the new kz3 maps haber so much going on in them perhaps this was all they get ready on time with smaller dev team.

[quote name='8bitArtist']so glad i didnt buy this game[/QUOTE]
Yeah, learned my lesson after buying into the hype of #2. Couldn't even finish the campaign it was so dreadfully boring.

[quote name='Necrozilla']So generic and so similar to Killzone 2 - I can't even finish watching an online playthrough.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, learned my lesson after buying into the hype of #2. Couldn't even finish the campaign it was so dreadfully boring.[/QUOTE]

I thought 2 was kind of boring too. It lacked a lot of real set pieces or actions that would really call out to you after finishing the game (except the Exo-Squad suit bit towards the end). The combat was too slow, and you moved too slow.

However, I think 3 controls a lot better, and so far it's been much more engaging. The gameplay is a lot faster. I'm only a few sections into the game though, so it might drop off completely.

Lol at someone not liking Killzone 2's single player.

As far as KZ3 goes, i am so glad i got a chance to play the demo and the beta because it definately helped me decide not to buy it. Those 1 hit melee kills were the #1 reason i didn't get it, also the scopes aren't as cool, the game doesn't look as good, and the single player looks to be much worse. Only way i would buy this game is if i had a 3d tv and even then it probably isn't as good as 2. What is up with the generic highlights in that one mode with 3 paltry maps?

wow guys... go play a game your into then?

the graphics are good, I would have to drop in KZ2 to do a comparison but I cant imagine it looks worse. I love the melee kills. I have watched people get out of them a few times so its uninformed to think you cant. The difference is if they melee you and finish prior to kiling you your dead... if another player guns them down, a drone, etc then your out and ok. Also if you shot first the melee will start but your shot will kill them..

Anyway I am having a great time with the online. I do have to agree that there are going to be more maps needed, but there is a lot of variation iwthin the game types and the operations is the only thing I have really played that much of.

So there are some bigger maps in warzone and I am not really a fan of the standard deathmatch so I have not played those maps yet.

Just to clarify; unless you get extra unlock points from the Home game, strat guide, or Amazon preorder, then you're locked into a max pool of 45 unlock points, one for each level, correct?

There was a guy on last night saying how much he missed killzone, and a group on mics all were agreeing with him.

Its not the greatest fps but it is an unique experience on the system I think.

killzone as in the original ps2 game or killzone as in the non instant melee kills, feels more weighty controls, can actually throw spawn grenades MP experience that kz2 offered?

I wouldn't be surprised if brutal melee kills were removed or toned down in MP. They are pretty annoying. Then again, rocket spam was also bad in KZ2 and they didn't do much about it. At least you could avoid that with server lists.

I pre-ordered the game from Best Buy. The Socom beta code was in the box and they emailed me a code that was good for the multi-player 24 hour XP bonus, but I'm not sure where the code is for the 2 classic maps? Did any other CAG's get their preorder from Best Buy and if so, where did you get your code for the multi-player maps?

Any help is much appreciated

[quote name='Cigarl']I pre-ordered the game from Best Buy. The Socom beta code was in the box and they emailed me a code that was good for the multi-player 24 hour XP bonus, but I'm not sure where the code is for the 2 classic maps? Did any other CAG's get their preorder from Best Buy and if so, where did you get your code for the multi-player maps?

Any help is much appreciated[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop/Amazon/Best Buy codes are all the same. Once you enter that code, you will be prompted to start the download on both items seperately. Not sure on the 24-hour XP bonus, but with the unlock points (Amazon), once I hit accept on the ToS for the download of the bonus unlock points, it was an instantaneous download. Once you start the map pack download, it will function like any other PSN download, it's about 340 MB.

When you log into Killzone MP, the unlock points should be there.

What balances out the brutal melees is the fact that you're standing there wide open to be killed during it...

What I don't like are the mechs... and waitaminute.. I haven't seen any jetpacks in MP yet? I'm really enjoying the Saluman Market map so far as well

Where are the mechs and jet packs in MP? What maps I have seen neither but I have only a few hours in so far.

Plus it sucks bad to not be rolling in a good squad..

The map with the giant turbine has the jetpacks. I picked one up on a shelf at the main base. They seem to be in use every time. I can't remember the amount of times I was surprised by a person landing in front or behind me.

[quote name='Snake2715']Where are the mechs and jet packs in MP? What maps I have seen neither but I have only a few hours in so far.

Plus it sucks bad to not be rolling in a good squad..[/QUOTE]

There are mechs in salamun market. I also remember playing with jet packs in the closed beta but I can't recall what the map was called. I'm pretty sure it was a warzone map.

172936_10150100159594142_533879141_6473464_4508818_o.jpg

arghh!! Killzone 3!! Technology overload!!!!

For all of you with more than 3 points accumulated by playing the Playstation home game.. buying the guide or however else you got codes.. It only gives you 3 points at a time. Sign out of multiplayer and go back in and you'll have 3 more points after you designate the others before to unlocks. I have 12 points and figured this out. Works fine

[quote name='Darknyss']There are mechs in salamun market. I also remember playing with jet packs in the closed beta but I can't recall what the map was called. I'm pretty sure it was a warzone map.[/QUOTE]
I too played the real beta and the jetpack map was the map with the huge EMP field

[quote name='Brainberry']If anybody wants to sell me their Socom 4 Beta code PM me.

Paypal ready.[/QUOTE]
already sold mine for $16 on ebay.. luckily I was one of the first to put it up and got a decent amount.. there's a bunch of them on there now so you can prob get it cheaper

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']already sold mine for $16 on ebay.. luckily I was one of the first to put it up and got a decent amount.. there's a bunch of them on there now so you can prob get it cheaper[/QUOTE]

I actually tried searching and nothing popped up.

I'll try again.

I wonder if you can gameshare it also.

bread's done
Back