Land of the OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

Obviously I'm a fan of the monochrome look. :cool:[/QUOTE]
another question

How did you get all the stuff on one bar?

edit: I figured it out.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']It's hard to get motivated for things you hate. :lol:[/QUOTE]

hehe, talking is just like medicine - if you want to get better you gotta take it and endure the horrible taste.:)

Salinas (BCN) - A Salinas woman shot and killed herself today after she allegedly set fire to her home and held police officers at bay for more than three hours, according to Lt. Kelly McMillin.

The incident unfolded at approximately 8:40 a.m. at a home located at 671 Park St.

McMillin said emergency dispatchers received a call from the woman's employer, who reported that the woman was going to kill herself by setting fire to her home and injecting herself with insulin.

The woman was a diabetic and had just been involved in a domestic violence episode with her female partner.

Firefighters responding to the home first encountered the woman, who was brandishing a handgun.

The firefighters were forced to retreat behind fire engines and wait for police officers to deescalate the situation, according to McMillin.

McMillin said the woman walked out the home's front door, where she then encountered officers.

The officers ordered the woman to put down the gun, but she failed to comply with the demands and actually pointed the weapon at police.

One officer fired at the woman but missed her before she ran back into the home.

Officers setting up a perimeter around the home discovered that the woman had retreated to the backyard, where she was sitting in a chair.

As officers tried to negotiate with the woman, she repeatedly injected herself in the stomach with what may have been insulin and pointed the gun at her head and chest.

According to McMillin, the woman appeared lethargic and showed some signs of intoxication.

At approximately noon, she pointed the gun to her head and shot herself.

During the ordeal, firefighters periodically approached the home to spray water on the fire but could not extinguish it until they were allowed inside, according to Capt. Scott Myhre.

The home was about 80 percent burned and is being considered a total loss.

There were no other residents at the home at the time of the fire.

The woman's identity has not been released.

This happened near my house. Close enough that I could hear them telling her over the megaphone "Help me help you"

[quote name='DT778']This happened near my house. Close enough that I could hear them telling her over the megaphone "Help me help you"[/QUOTE]
Wow...did you know anybody there?

SAN DIMAS, Calif. - Two people on a nighttime stroll died early Thursday when they plunged 150 feet down a cliff and into a pool of water in Angeles National Forest, authorities said.

The victims died at the scene, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Roxanna Hart said.

The county coroner's office identified them as Raul Urrutia, 22, of Temple City, and Natalie Torres, 17, of Baldwin Park.

The accident occurred in the rugged San Gabriel Mountains above San Dimas, 35 miles east of Los Angeles.

The two and another couple had driven up to a turnout on Highway 39 north of Morris Reservoir in Azusa Canyon when the victims strolled off shortly before 1:30 a.m., Hart said.

The two "apparently didn't realize how close they were to the edge" and tumbled, Hart said.

The man plunged all the way but the girl managed to break her fall, the lieutenant said.

"The two who were by the vehicle heard the female call out. They were able to rescue her and brought her up to the top of a very steep slope. They very much risked their lives," Hart said.

The two then scrambled back down in an effort to find their missing friend.

"The young lady that they had rescued came back down also and that's when she fell to her death," Hart said.

Authorities were called and a sheriff's mountain rescue unit found the bodies in a pool left by the receding reservoir, Hart said.

No foul play was suspected.

"It was a tragic accident," she said.

She went to my school........

Despite the fact that Diesel de Vin got the film role I still find myself eagerly awaiting the next Hitman game...

By the by Mr. Rent-a-Cop...when a nail gun is pointed at you, I'd advise against exposing your uncovered flesh melon to it...

hitman-blood-money-20050628014709763.jpg

[quote name='crazytalkx']SAN DIMAS, Calif. - Two people on a nighttime stroll died early Thursday when they plunged 150 feet down a cliff and into a pool of water in Angeles National Forest, authorities said.[/QUOTE]

If you stop reading the article there...it has a much happier ending.

billandted1.jpg

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Wow...did you know anybody there?[/QUOTE]
I dont think so. They didn't release the names and I'm not nosy enough to go over there, unlike my neighbors. There was a fender bender on the street corner that same mourning and like the whole neighborhood was there. My dad came inside and told me about the crash and that he went to see if everyone was alright (he was outside when it happened), and then he was like "you know that guy that lives down the street? Apperently he's not dead like we thought."

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I'm pissed about my preorder for Atelier, cause it didn't come with the preorder item. I called NIS America and they said EB and Gamestop only gave them to their online preorders.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you order it from? The NIS website or a B&M? I ordered mine directly from NIS (10 minutes before midnight of the last night to preorder) but still haven't gotten it yet...was wondering if I'd get the soundtrack...

[quote name='Spruce']Despite the fact that Diesel de Vin got the film role I still find myself eagerly awaiting the next Hitman game...

By the by Mr. Rent-a-Cop...when a nail gun is pointed at you, I'd advise against exposing your uncovered flesh melon to it...

hitman-blood-money-20050628014709763.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Crazy graphics...

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Even more so a happy ending after this...
http://billtedvader.ytmnd.com/[/QUOTE]

I don't get these ytmnd.com pages...and yet I see 'em linked all over CAG...

In Firefox I get an entire page of some horrible looped animated .gif with no sound...

In IE I get a completely black screen and my download manager always wants to download a file: sound.mp3...

[quote name='Spruce']I don't get these ytmnd.com pages...and yet I see 'em linked all over CAG...

In Firefox I get an entire page of some horrible looped animated .gif with no sound...

In IE I get a completely black screen and my download manager always wants to download a file: sound.mp3...[/QUOTE]
you have to download a quicktime plugin for firefox.
Everytime I try to download the plugin it wont let me.
It works perfectly for me in IE.

[quote name='Spruce']I don't get these ytmnd.com pages...and yet I see 'em linked all over CAG...

In IE I get a completely black screen and my download manager always wants to download a file: sound.mp3...[/QUOTE]
Well should you ever get it fixed...here is your playground for which to frolic, with your new ability
http://www.ytmnd.com/list.html?start=0&sort=views&order=desc&period=alltime

[quote name='DT778']you have to download a quicktime plugin for firefox.
Everytime I try to download the plugin it wont let me.
It works perfectly for me in IE.[/QUOTE]

Ah, see...I have purposely left many plugins uninstalled in Firefox becuase they make my browser go all wonky what with me being on a dial up connection. With it this way anytime I get to a page that has video in it I just get a message telling me to download a plugin. That's my cue to do the old View Source and copy the url I find into my download manager.

Also, keeps all the Flash ads out of my face. :cool: I hate those things.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I love fresh prince.[/QUOTE]

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute just sit right there
I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelphia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said we’re up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said you’re moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

(only the first three episodes of season one)

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin’ and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might aswell kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of bel-air livin’ like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Good morning, OTT.

Uh-oh, looks likes I'm about to get screwed on this ebay auction.

First, I was getting ready to pay and recalculated shipping based on the shipping calculator the seller linkied in his auction. The shipping price has mysteriously gone up now that the auction is over.

Secondly, he clearly lists Paypal as a payment option. But Paypal says that he's "unavailable" for payment. The whole point of paying through Paypal is to use that 10% off coupon.

I've sent him an email but this doesn't bode well. He has good feedback so hopefully these are just innocuous glitches.

[quote name='jaykrue']hehe, talking is just like medicine - if you want to get better you gotta take it and endure the horrible taste.:)[/QUOTE]

I almost never take medicine. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I almost never take medicine. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh, if that were only true about talking. :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']Oh, if that were only true about talking. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's what the new ignore feature is for. If you don't want to hear it, you don't have to. :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']That's what the new ignore feature is for. If you don't want to hear it, you don't have to. :D[/QUOTE]

You know, even with smilies, you lose a lot when statements are made in text.
Had that been spoken, the intent would have been obvious. :)

Anyways, if you ignored Sblymnl, you'd seem nothing but blank pages in a bunch of the OTT threads :)

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, even with smilies, you lose a lot when statements are made in text.

Anyways, if you ignored Sblymnl, you'd seem nothing but blank pages in a bunch of the OTT threads :)[/QUOTE]
so true

[quote name='AngellicLulu']so true[/QUOTE]
But imagine, if you ignored everybody else who posted in the OTT, you could have it all to yourself...

if anybody hasn't picked up Riviera yet, I'm trading my complete copy, played for an hour(just wasn't my bag)...sorry if this is spammy, i just noticed some folks in this thread were excited about it the other day. Pm me!

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, even with smilies, you lose a lot when statements are made in text.

Anyways, if you ignored Sblymnl, you'd seem nothing but blank pages in a bunch of the OTT threads :)[/QUOTE]
Actually It Would Look More Like This
marcazules.jpg

JK sub...your awesome

[quote name='Apossum']if anybody hasn't picked up Riviera yet, I'm trading my complete copy, played for an hour(just wasn't my bag)...sorry if this is spammy, i just noticed some folks in this thread were excited about it the other day. Pm me![/QUOTE]
so sad. Kids, just don't have attention spans anymore. 7 hours and still going for me... love it! ^-^

[quote name='AngellicLulu']so sad. Kids, just don't have attention spans anymore. 7 hours and still going for me... love it! ^-^[/QUOTE]

kids? :lol: judging from your picture, I think I'm older than you. ;-)

but yeah, I wish I could get into it..but I just wasn't feeling it...the battle system, the whole "TP" thing and especially the way you move through the map, it was all kinda frustrating to me.

Glad you are having fun, though! you seemed very psyched before.

No, it would be somewhat like what I see in vs. mode. :lol:

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Actually It Would Look More Like This
marcazules.jpg

JK sub...your awesome[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's it ... but I usually try to edit posts instead of double posting. :lol:

I know. :cool:

Now you're getting the gist of the ignore feature. It's not to ignore those you don't like, it's to make reading threads easier! Now you only have to read 10-15 posts out of a 50 post thread. Good job! :lol:

[quote name='Moxio']Not fun for me. :([/QUOTE]

Yea, I have absoutely no idea how youdo that with a MOUSE. I use the pencil in Illustrator, but you use a mouse and the pen tool. I'm amazed at that Iori pic you did.

You guys both have more talent than I would ever have the patience to try and develop. Photoediting and anime music vids are enough for me.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, I have absoutely no idea how youdo that with a MOUSE. I use the pencil in Illustrator, but you use a mouse and the pen tool. I'm amazed at that Iori pic you did.[/QUOTE]

Which ones? This one?

Being creative (drawing, sculpting, painting, etc.) can be great fun, but it requires a lot of time and effort. As a result, I've seldom put much effort into said pursuits unless it could somehow be used for a class, community project, etc. Frankly, I don't enjoy being creative enough to do it just to do it. I barely have time to play games these days. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back