Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I think this should go in the ME2 thread where people are already talking about it. :)[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh thanks, sorry about that, I completely missed it :) I apologize :bouncy:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone have a list of what Liara says if you've cheated on her with the various ME2 love interests?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure one will pop up on the ME Wiki sooner or later, but here are the few I've seen so far:

For Tali, during the string of paragon interrupts you can do, she says "...and now you're itching to get under Tali's helmet." In Shepard's cabin, she says "What are you fighting for, Shepard? A chance to give Miss vas Normandy a homeworld?" Picking the "Yes" option, Liara mentions that Tali seemed to always have a thing for you. Shepard replies "You could have told me," to which Liara either says something about not wanting to start a competition (if she was your love interest in ME1) or that she didn't want to ruin the fun of finding out for yourself (if she wasn't your love interest).

While I didn't romance Liara on my FemShep engineer, the conversation about Garrus is pretty good. Liara asks if you're fighting to give Garrus some peace. FemShep mentions he has had a rough life and admits she never thought she'd find comfort in the arms of a turian, to which Liara replies "Why not? Humans find asari attractive." FemShep replies "Everyone finds asari attractive."

[quote name='Tony208']I played the shadowbroker dlc again to see if there's a sex scene and
all they did was cuddle standing upright :bomb:
[/QUOTE]

Thank Fox News and the non-gaming media in general.

[quote name='erehwon']Make sure to revisit the Shadow Broker's ship. You can get reports on the investments and new ones. You also can pick up more deliveries[/QUOTE]

Ooh, thanks for the advice. I haven't gone back since I wrapped up the main mission.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thank Fox News and the non-gaming media in general.[/QUOTE]
I was really looking forward to some more Virtual Orgasmic Rape with Liara on my Sexbox, but they had to ruin it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes and Yes, although it would be interesting to see if the dialogue changes in Shadow Broker as that is the only DLC where the characters say anything about having already beat the main game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Ok does anyone know the exact Paragon amount I need to keep Jack and Miranda happy. I know it's almost full, or well that is what the internet says anyway. I want to have a relationship with Miranda, which I still haven't done yet, but keep both of them loyal. I hear you should do Jack's loyalty mission first and if you have high enough Paragon later on you can gain the loyalty of the one you didn't side with before.

That's what I did Spybreak. I respec'd and all of my bonuses were reapplied and I got to 100% paragon and I was able to appease them. I would highly suggest siding with Miranda first then trying to appease Jack afterwards.

100% may not even be enough. It has to do with how far along in the game you are and how much Paragon you have relative to the highest possible amount you could have. Basically, every instance where you could have gained Paragon, but didn't, counts against you.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']100% may not even be enough. It has to do with how far along in the game you are and how much Paragon you have relative to the highest possible amount you could have. Basically, every instance where you could have gained Paragon, but didn't, counts against you.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I have a little bit of Renegade and it's bugging me that I don't know how I got it lol.

Man I did Garruss' loyalty mission last night and those damn Mechs were a challenge (the one Mech before also gave me troubles). At the end I knew what was coming so I got my team in cover, then triggered the cutscene and then they're out in the open again! Lol I try to get them into cover on the top and they get shot up while trying to jump up the ledge. Luckily both Mechs couldn't flank me since I had the high ground and I just ate away their shields, armor and then health.

With this Insanity playthrough, small mechs are a threat now which before never really gave me a problem. I did Jacob's loyalty mission before Garruss' mission and maaan there were a lot of small annoying mechs lol.

Managed to do the Shadow Broker DLC on Friday night and now I see what all the praise is about. Fantastic from beginning to end.

Since they seem to be topping themselves regularly with the DLC, I can't see how they'd go up from there.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Somehow I have a little bit of Renegade and it's bugging me that I don't know how I got it lol.

Man I did Garruss' loyalty mission last night and those damn Mechs were a challenge (the one Mech before also gave me troubles). At the end I knew what was coming so I got my team in cover, then triggered the cutscene and then they're out in the open again! Lol I try to get them into cover on the top and they get shot up while trying to jump up the ledge. Luckily both Mechs couldn't flank me since I had the high ground and I just ate away their shields, armor and then health.

With this Insanity playthrough, small mechs are a threat now which before never really gave me a problem. I did Jacob's loyalty mission before Garruss' mission and maaan there were a lot of small annoying mechs lol.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it was from renegade interrupts. Those carry a fairly high renegade rating. Casey Shepard for me is 100% paragon with about 35% renegade. Almost all of the renegade points are from interrupts.

Was able to play all of Shadow Broker DLC last night. Sooooo good. 1st boss fight was amazing. Car driving sequence was cool, wish it was done in a way where I could have paid more attention to the chaos though. I had an eyes on the target mentality but really wanted to check out the speeding traffic and buildings.

[quote name='gryphter']Was able to play all of Shadow Broker DLC last night. Sooooo good. 1st boss fight was amazing. Car driving sequence was cool, wish it was done in a way where I could have paid more attention to the chaos though. I had an eyes on the target mentality but really wanted to check out the speeding traffic and buildings.[/QUOTE]

Yeah apparently there is a line up picture of Jack on a building. I didn't see it but the wiki page of Jack shows it, pretty cool. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Jack

I just finished my Insanity play-through. Like my first, the final time was just over 60 hours. However, while it only took me a week and a half to put that time in earlier this year, this one took me a while. I know there's some truth to the inverse difficulty curve when you start an game on insanity at level 30, but I must have been getting better at the game as well because after the first collector ship battle it just got easier and easier.

I finished with all the DLC done, saved the crew, and all the squad-mates lived. As long as the infinite talent point glitch (which I had used on Garrus and Thane early on) doesn't prevent it, this will be the save I import to ME3.

Now the game can sit on the shelf. Until the next DLC at least.

[quote name='Filbert']I just finished my Insanity play-through. Like my first, the final time was just over 60 hours. However, while it only took me a week and a half to put that time in earlier this year, this one took me a while. I know there's some truth to the inverse difficulty curve when you start an game on insanity at level 30, but I must have been getting better at the game as well because after the first collector ship battle it just got easier and easier.

I finished with all the DLC done, saved the crew, and all the squad-mates lived. As long as the infinite talent point glitch (which I had used on Garrus and Thane early on) doesn't prevent it, this will be the save I import to ME3.

Now the game can sit on the shelf. Until the next DLC at least.[/QUOTE]

It most likely will. Bioware has been outspoken about penalizing those who abuse glitches when importing saves.

As for the shadow broker dlc...

Wow, that's all I can say. Running down that ship was reminiscent of the first game's climax (a good thing for me). The SB himself was pretty bad ass, and the story was great. I also liked the difficulty. I'm playing on hardcore with an infiltrator, and I've mostly been chewing through people with cloak+headshot (esp with the widow now), but this DLC really challenged me and got me to use some medigel.

Since I started a new playthrough after putting it down for a while, I also did overlord. The climax to that was fantastic as well. Really looking forward to anything else they can do with DLC before ME3.

[quote name='Anexanhume']It most likely will. Bioware has been outspoken about penalizing those who abuse glitches when importing saves.
[/QUOTE]
Is there any more info on this? I did this two of my playthroughs. I didn't think there would be any problems, since I used that infinite paragon glitch in ME1.

Is it the fact that you have maxed out your skills or a large number of unused points that tips them off? In the ME boards, I noticed a thread about modifying xbox 360 save files. I might try that to modify them if I have too. If that fails, I can just play the game again.

One other thing. Are either of those last two weapon DLC packs worth picking up? I was thinking about picking up that last one with some extra points.

[quote name='erehwon']One other thing. Are either of those last two weapon DLC packs worth picking up? I was thinking about picking up that last one with some extra points.[/QUOTE]

If you have the points, I'd say go for it. The Firepower Pack has some of the best weapons in the game. The Mattock is a beast of an assault rifle, you can practically snipe with the Geth Shotgun (as well as charge up your shots), and the Phalanx is the hardest hitting pistol in the game, although the aiming takes getting used to since it uses a laser sight (Resident Evil 4 and 5 style).

The Incisor sniper rifle included with the Aegis Pack is great in the hands of your squadmates, too. They are extremely accurate with it, and even with their lesser damage output, they'll mow enemies down with the three shot burst. The armor included in the Aegis Pack has some really good pieces, too.

Man, Lair of the Shadow Broker was bloody amazing. Was it just me, or did it have a sort of Blade Runner vibe to it? Especially when you're investigating
Liara's apartment
and during the
flying vehicle section
through the city. Definitely one of my favourite things I've played all year.

Also just realized that I have almost 1100 achievement points for ME 2. That's by far the most I have for any game on 360. Awesome.

The
flying vehicle
reminded me much more of the scene in
Attack of the Clones--nearly identical flying car chase through traffic etc.

Not sure any of that needs in spoilers, but better safe than sorry!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Not sure any of that needs in spoilers, but better safe than sorry![/QUOTE]
Haha, yeah, I wasn't sure.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Not convinced on the Aegis pack.[/QUOTE]
The Kestrel armor pieces are some of the best general purpose pieces in the game-- great combinations of shield strength and damage bonuses that outclass almost everything else.

Picked up the Firepower pack, but I'm not sure about the aegis pack. That pack comes with the Incisor sniper rifle, which I already have. I don't know if it is worth it just for the armor pieces.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The
flying vehicle
reminded me much more of the scene in
Attack of the Clones--nearly identical flying car chase through traffic etc.

Not sure any of that needs in spoilers, but better safe than sorry![/QUOTE]

Made me think of
the fifth element. BIG BADA BOOM

[quote name='erehwon']Is there any more info on this? I did this two of my playthroughs. I didn't think there would be any problems, since I used that infinite paragon glitch in ME1.

Is it the fact that you have maxed out your skills or a large number of unused points that tips them off? In the ME boards, I noticed a thread about modifying xbox 360 save files. I might try that to modify them if I have too. If that fails, I can just play the game again.

One other thing. Are either of those last two weapon DLC packs worth picking up? I was thinking about picking up that last one with some extra points.[/QUOTE]

Careful, I don't know how it is for ME2, but I know just copying files to a different hard drive(using non-MS methods) can cause some games to reject them as corrupted. Not sure if modifying them and putting them on the same drive would cause it or not.. I'm just pointing out that some games are picky.

I lost my progress in Forza 3 when I upgraded to a 250gb drive and learned this the hard way. Luckily it was only about 4 hrs worth(and if it was THAT upsetting, i could have put the old drive back in and copied the save using a memory unit- or now that they're supported, a usb stick)

Good luck with your cheating ;)

[quote name='smoger']Careful, I don't know how it is for ME2, but I know just copying files to a different hard drive(using non-MS methods) can cause some games to reject them as corrupted. Not sure if modifying them and putting them on the same drive would cause it or not.. I'm just pointing out that some games are picky.

I lost my progress in Forza 3 when I upgraded to a 250gb drive and learned this the hard way. Luckily it was only about 4 hrs worth(and if it was THAT upsetting, i could have put the old drive back in and copied the save using a memory unit- or now that they're supported, a usb stick)

Good luck with your cheating ;)[/QUOTE]
I'll be careful. I don't think of it as cheating that much. Guess I'm just used to JRPGs where there aren't usually limits on how much I can upgrade my character. That and I liked giving myself a little edge, since horizon and the collector ship were probably the hardest parts in the game for me. Though I think I only did this on my later playthroughs, not my original.

I wonder how much more DLC we're going to be getting between LotSB and ME3?

[quote name='erehwon']I'll be careful. I don't think of it as cheating that much. Guess I'm just used to JRPGs where there aren't usually limits on how much I can upgrade my character. That and I liked giving myself a little edge, since horizon and the collector ship were probably the hardest parts in the game for me. Though I think I only did this on my later playthroughs, not my original.

I wonder how much more DLC we're going to be getting between LotSB and ME3?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't judging you or anything. It's your money and it's not a competitive game so what do I care how you play? :)

moving beyond that topic...

i keep hearing people say the collector ship was so hard, and i dont know what i did differently but on my insanity playthrough i really didn't have any trouble with it at all.

horizon though, was on the verge of making me rage quit.

I thought Horizon was fairly easy... granted I did the trick where you kill the two Scions early so I didn't have to fight Scions and husks at the same time. I died a couple of times on the Praetorian before I had a strategy down, but aside from that the whole level is just small waves of Collectors and Harbingers which are not too tough. The Collector Ship was a lot harder IMO, not that any of the enemies were particularly tough but more that they throw so many of them at you so quickly. For me the hardest missions in the game were probably Freedom's Progress and the IFF retrieval. Jack's recruitment was very tough as well.

Finally getting ready to dive into ME2. Been dicking around with Red Faction and getting minimal enjoyment out of it and suddenly I became very aware of the fact that my ME2:CE was just sitting on the shelf gathering dust.

I did a single playthough of ME1, completed back in March or so, and it's probably in my top five all-time game experiences. I was a Lvl. 50 Paragon Vanguard Nemesis, but I believe I do have a bit of Renegade (I used the Lorik Qui'in glitch to get both the Renegade and Paragon achievements). Based on my review of the ME2 classes, I definitely think Sentinel most fits my play style and will give me the flexibility I want, allowing me to experiment with both tech and biotic skills. As far as difficulty, the idea of getting all of ME2's achievements in a single Insanity-level playthrough is tempting, but I'm concerned that might seriously hamper my enjoyment of the game and that I would be better off just playing something around Veteran.

Anyway, any tips you guys can offer would be very much appreciated. Tha Xecutioner was a huge help to me (and many others) in finishing out my ME1 experience. I plan to pick up most, if not all, of the DLC. When is the best time to tackle this content. What should I get first?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The Kestrel armor pieces are some of the best general purpose pieces in the game-- great combinations of shield strength and damage bonuses that outclass almost everything else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then I can't see my face in the dialogue scenes. Yeah I'm one of those people who refuse to use the armor suits (I have whatever they gave away with Cerberus Network, Blood Dragon, and the Collector suit) because of this.

[quote name='Tybee']Finally getting ready to dive into ME2. Been dicking around with Red Faction and getting minimal enjoyment out of it and suddenly I became very aware of the fact that my ME2:CE was just sitting on the shelf gathering dust.

I did a single playthough of ME1, completed back in March or so, and it's probably in my top five all-time game experiences. I was a Lvl. 50 Paragon Vanguard Nemesis, but I believe I do have a bit of Renegade (I used the Lorik Qui'in glitch to get both the Renegade and Paragon achievements). Based on my review of the ME2 classes, I definitely think Sentinel most fits my play style and will give me the flexibility I want, allowing me to experiment with both tech and biotic skills. As far as difficulty, the idea of getting all of ME2's achievements in a single Insanity-level playthrough is tempting, but I'm concerned that might seriously hamper my enjoyment of the game and that I would be better off just playing something around Veteran.

Anyway, any tips you guys can offer would be very much appreciated. Tha Xecutioner was a huge help to me (and many others) in finishing out my ME1 experience. I plan to pick up most, if not all, of the DLC. When is the best time to tackle this content. What should I get first?[/QUOTE]The big three, or The Holy Trinity (if you will) of ME2 DLC is: Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Without getting too deep into details, Kasumi's DLC offers up the best non-assault/sniper rifle in the game - and, playing as a Sentinel, you will be needing a good SMG. It also offers another squadmate - Kasumi Goto. She is the best thief in the business and she comes with some awesome unique abilities and an excellent mission. She's just an all-around wondeful character. Overlord is an excellent three (or more) hour expansion that adds new missions featuring the Hammerhead vehicle (new Mako), an awesome story, and a lot of excitement. Lair of the Shadow Broker, which was just recently released, is hands-down the best DLC of all. It has everything you could possibly want out of a DLC: a good story, an impact on the overall picture of Mass Effect and Shepard's story, great dialog, great bonuses, and more.

I'd at least make sure to have Kasumi's DLC for your initial playthrough. It's great to have a character like her from beginning to end, instead of picking her up after the fact. Also, like I said above, her weapon will be vital to the Sentinel's offensive success (at least on harder difficulties). Overlord can really be played at any time, though I prefer to do it early in the game. Lair of the Shadow Broker really doesn't become available until mid-game (for one reason or another), and was written as a bridge between ME2 and ME3 - so it is easily played post-game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']The big three, or The Holy Trinity (if you will) of ME2 DLC is: Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Without getting too deep into details, Kasumi's DLC offers up the best non-assault/sniper rifle in the game - and, playing as a Sentinel, you will be needing a good SMG. It also offers another squadmate - Kasumi Goto. She is the best thief in the business and she comes with some awesome unique abilities and an excellent mission. She's just an all-around wondeful character. Overlord is an excellent three (or more) hour expansion that adds new missions featuring the Hammerhead vehicle (new Mako), an awesome story, and a lot of excitement. Lair of the Shadow Broker, which was just recently released, is hands-down the best DLC of all. It has everything you could possibly want out of a DLC: a good story, an impact on the overall picture of Mass Effect and Shepard's story, great dialog, great bonuses, and more.

I'd at least make sure to have Kasumi's DLC for your initial playthrough. It's great to have a character like her from beginning to end, instead of picking her up after the fact. Also, like I said above, her weapon will be vital to the Sentinel's offensive success (at least on harder difficulties). Overlord can really be played at any time, though I prefer to do it early in the game. Lair of the Shadow Broker really doesn't become available until mid-game (for one reason or another), and was written as a bridge between ME2 and ME3 - so it is easily played post-game.[/QUOTE]

Got it. Yeah, I've been reading the raves about LotSB and that was the tipping point to get me to start ME2. Would I be well-served by any of the equipment packs or am I getting ahead of myself?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I thought Horizon was fairly easy... granted I did the trick where you kill the two Scions early so I didn't have to fight Scions and husks at the same time. I died a couple of times on the Praetorian before I had a strategy down, but aside from that the whole level is just small waves of Collectors and Harbingers which are not too tough. The Collector Ship was a lot harder IMO, not that any of the enemies were particularly tough but more that they throw so many of them at you so quickly. For me the hardest missions in the game were probably Freedom's Progress and the IFF retrieval. Jack's recruitment was very tough as well.[/QUOTE]

I did Horizon on insanity without having killed either of the scions. I was able to position miranda and grunt in front of me on the stairs as meat shields while I blasted the scions with the collector particle gun. They will keep the husks off of you so long as you're willing and able to use medigel.

Now that I'm an infiltrator on my current playthrough, the same things don't challenge me. Cloaking plus a fully upgraded widow really stops the bigger baddies in their tracks, but you're somewhat more vulnerable if enemies manage to flank you.

[quote name='Anexanhume']...Now that I'm an infiltrator on my current playthrough, the same things don't challenge me. Cloaking plus a fully upgraded widow really stops the bigger baddies in their tracks, but you're somewhat more vulnerable if enemies manage to flank you.[/QUOTE]

In my insanity play-through I was an infiltrator with the anti-material rifle and I think the only time I ever used a heavy weapon was the flamethrower on the last husk wave on the collector ship, since I didn't have the Locust yet.

Really insanity isn't that hard if you don't mind retrying some battles a few times. I think I used less than 10 total medi-gels my whole game.

[quote name='Fjordson']Man, Lair of the Shadow Broker was bloody amazing. Was it just me, or did it have a sort of Blade Runner vibe to it? Especially when you're investigating
Liara's apartment
and during the
flying vehicle section
through the city. Definitely one of my favourite things I've played all year.[/QUOTE]

I finally just wrapped it up tonight and totally agree... these are the three things I think made this one so good and want more of:

1. Sleuthing in the apartment (like you said) is such a clever game device to shake the game up. Hopefully they will expand on this to actually make some real puzzles in ME3. Similar to the "identify the leak" mission on Ilium, a challenge that makes you think more than just point and shoot.

2. The fighting environment while breaching the Shadow Broker's ship... similar to ME1's awesome finale where you fight along the outer part of the Citadel. These huge backdrop fights with the wind blowing and the crazy sky in the background just feel epic.

3. Real boss fights. There just wasn't enough true boss fights in ME2... or they were fairly straight forward. Really liked the teleportation of the Asari and then the shield with the Shadow Broker. Though I think the Shadow Broker could have been a little more intelligent with his shield... he basically never moved until the third repeat for me...

Hey guys, I just completed ME2 with my paragon save file from ME1. I'm thinking of doing a renegade play through on ME2, is it worth going back to ME1 and completing my unfinished renegade run in order to import said save? Any good perks for importing a renegade character? Or should I start a new ME2 and play as renegade?

I'm a couple weekends in and TIM just sent my Paragon Sentinel to explore
the incapacitated Collector ship
. I know somewhere along here you're given the opportunity to do
advanced weapons training
. I've more or less ruled out
the shotgun
, but I can't decide between
the assault rifle or the sniper rifle
. Suggestions?

I'm rocking a full set of Kestrel armor, the helmet of which frames my Shepard's moth nicely. My squad, in order of attainment, consists of Jacob (loyal), Miranda (loyal, hot and bothered), Mordin (loyal), Garrus, Kasumi (loyal), Grunt (loyal), Thane, Zaeed, and Samara. Is it weird that I'm annoyed by the central plot interrupting my recruitment, loyalty missions, and side quests? ;) I haven't done any of the N27 missions yet, but I've hit almost every assignment on the Citadel, Omega, Illium, and Tuchunka. Will I be given free reign after
the Collector ship
to do everything I want to before I'm forced into the next plot point-of-no-return?

How do I get Kelly to feed my fish? I think way back at the beginning I may have foolishly chosen to "keep things professional," so I never get new dialogue options with her, but the ones that ARE there are certainly flirty. Things are going to get awkward when I get Tali on board because I honestly will have a hard time deciding between her and Miranda. Happy to help Jack out with her issues, but I don't feel any need to share a bed with her.

bread's done
Back